PDA

View Full Version : Bsgo

acolyte_to_jippity
02-15-2011, 10:44 AM
sooooo...anyone ever watch Battlestar Galactica?

well syfy has finally opened up the beta for Battlestar Galactica Online to the public.

From what i can gather, it seems alot like EVE, but free. There is no subscription cost, and the 'special currency' you can purchase for real money to get the stronger items is found in smaller quantities as you play.

if you've watched the show and are wondering how it will fit in, basically after admiral cain dies (so, pegasus is no longer a bitch-ship) the fleet finds some weird artifact, just as a huge (read: 2 base-star) cylon fleet appears. as the fleet tries to FTL away, the artifact activates and sends BOTH fleets across the galaxy to completely unknown regions. because the fleet needs ater, tylium, and other stuff, the galactica (and i suppose one base star) send pilots out to act independently, finding supplies and establishing outposts in orbit around certain worlds.

it's pretty sweet actually.

i play on the libran server (one at top of list) since that one has the fewest pre-open beta players (who naturally have the god-ships)

http://www.syfygames.com/games/bsgonline

OMGBEARS
02-16-2011, 04:00 AM
Eh.. browser based games tend to be lame. Plus it looks like EVE without the graphics.

Tickle Me Emo
02-16-2011, 04:17 AM
I played it for a bit. It seems a lot like EVE, except worse in every way and then some. Comparing this to EVE is like comparing a kiddie pool to the Atlantic.

I'll give them credit for fitting this much into a browser game, though.