PDA

View Full Version : Better bug detection

ZERO
02-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I am planning to write a new program to help track some basic events in game and log them so that it will be easier to back trace bugs and crashes. After it is finished I will also create a special section in the wcs forums for crash reports. People who fill out a proper report will enable me to better identify what is causing crashes to the server.

Note that this does not replace the existing system of tracking issues on a race to race basis. Instead this system will make it easier to pin down what mod or race is causing the server to crash when we are not able to determine it. Hopefully if this method is successful we will be able to greatly reduce the number of crashes on wcs to almost nothing!

maynard
02-16-2011, 03:12 PM
I am planning to write a new program to help track some basic events in game and log them so that it will be easier to back trace bugs and crashes. After it is finished I will also create a special section in the wcs forums for crash reports. People who fill out a proper report will enable me to better identify what is causing crashes to the server.

Note that this does not replace the existing system of tracking issues on a race to race basis. Instead this system will make it easier to pin down what mod or race is causing the server to crash when we are not able to determine it. Hopefully if this method is successful we will be able to greatly reduce the number of crashes on wcs to almost nothing!

awesome:wtg:

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Hopfully this solve alot of the obscene crashs we have.