PDA

View Full Version : YO

lazyotwn
02-22-2011, 09:27 AM
I think there should be IRL prizes for being first place in the server stats. I require cases of BAWLS energy drink. That is all. Good day sirs.

devour
02-22-2011, 09:56 AM
this would bring even more traffic to the pub. not to mention even more competitive players would start playing here, especially since the competitive maps were uploaded to the server.

although it would also bring in many many more cheaters/exploiters. i forsee flashbangs doing nothing for more an more people in the ibis pub with the new materials exploit thats out there.

wack0
02-22-2011, 03:21 PM
you should get a prize for not being able to spell your own username LAZYTOWN

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-22-2011, 04:41 PM

owned

BladeTwinSwords
02-22-2011, 05:20 PM

http://stylee32.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/house-ohsnap.gif

dice
02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Lazy, I write blogs about how good you are at CS.

Is your thirst for attention sated?

Hitman
02-23-2011, 01:46 AM
Umm....yea this is not going to happen. A real-life prize? Lol and whos going to spend this money to get them a "real-life" prize? Huh? And now everytime someone hits Top 1 Rank they will need a prize? Get lost.....

devour
02-23-2011, 08:43 AM
i think more along the lines of after every month a small prize or "points" can be distributed to the top 3 players. if we go by "points" it would make for an even bigger business opportunity for Zero, where those "points" can be used within an ibis store.

zero could be a middle man for many things computer/gaming related. mice, keyboards, mousepads, processors, gpu's, "ibis" shirts/hats/etc...

zero, you're already making bank off of the admin subscriptions, why not invest that into something that has potential for even more income. just a thought

edit: i also might add that you could use real money to buy items off of the store, but it would be nice to have points as well. this would also entice people within the community who don't normally play on the pub, as well as newcomers to the servers.

wack0
02-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Doing this would just create more statwhores, causing more camping, baiting, hacking, etc. Please do not do this.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2011, 10:38 AM
i think more along the lines of after every month a small prize or "points" can be distributed to the top 3 players. if we go by "points" it would make for an even bigger business opportunity for Zero, where those "points" can be used within an ibis store.

zero could be a middle man for many things computer/gaming related. mice, keyboards, mousepads, processors, gpu's, "ibis" shirts/hats/etc...

zero, you're already making bank off of the admin subscriptions, why not invest that into something that has potential for even more income. just a thought

edit: i also might add that you could use real money to buy items off of the store, but it would be nice to have points as well. this would also entice people within the community who don't normally play on the pub, as well as newcomers to the servers.

any money from admin/reserved slot goes into an account, that only is used for the servers. zero gets none of it

devour
02-23-2011, 10:48 AM
any money from admin/reserved slot goes into an account, that only is used for the servers. zero gets none of it

good one.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2011, 12:15 PM
good one.

no, like seriously.

devour
02-23-2011, 01:21 PM
:lmao:

okay whatever you think

lazyotwn
02-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Haha, I was only joking when I made the thread, But I have seen stuff along those lines on other servers, it's kinda cool.

Too bad all your prizes are belong to me!

usmc../ fetty
02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
hahah lazy ur CRAZYY!!!

elpolloloco
02-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Lazy ya know I kinda' wanna wank it right now to your avatar, but I'm not sure if it's a man's face on a chick's body

If it is, does that make me bisexual?

ZERO
02-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Actually yea, first there is not even enough profit for me to even do anything with which is bad considering this is the only thing I do. Even if I made enough to pay rent, that would be nice.

A lot of money is saved for when valve breaks things and we suddenly need to spend $$ to fix it. Or if we need to buy software like these forums that require money to license. Other than that it has been used to buy computer upgrades like more HDDs for me to backup the servers with and to be able to work on them correctly.

However, on to your request. I actually think that the way IBIS is going these days this is actually a good idea. Once the new admin system is up it may be possible to build something like this into the servers.

There could be something where you get points every month if your in a given rank. The top 10 all get points with the user at 10 getting 1 and the user at 1 getting 10. You could then redeem these points for things like a month of reserved slot or admin.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-25-2011, 02:15 PM
There could be something where you get points every month if your in a given rank. The top 10 all get points with the user at 10 getting 1 and the user at 1 getting 10. You could then redeem these points for things like a month of reserved slot or admin.

or, 12-packs of jones soda.

wack0
02-25-2011, 02:32 PM
CSS is a team-oriented game. By giving incentives for individual rank, the team-aspect breaks down as players play selfishly for points. This will destroy the pub and cause even more team-stacking, hacking, etc.

Maybe you could implement this on the GunGame server where this focus is already on individual performance, but please don't do it on Pub #1!

ZERO
02-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Well yea I would only do it on the servers that are very competitive. I do not think or want the pub to be that competitive.

Also I wanted to add in that I forgot to state that the money is also used to help support developers. Last month we gave SM $100 to help them fix their site and I plan to give them another $100 later this year. It is important for sites like these to give back to the development community to ensure that new mods are made and that our game continues to be where the mods and developers are.

wack0
02-25-2011, 02:48 PM
awesome!

dice
02-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Well yea I would only do it on the servers that are very competitive. I do not think or want the pub to be that competitive.

I've always considered the pub to be our most competitive server. CS:S may be about teamwork but lets be realistic people don't play like a team as it is and never really will in pubs. Thats what pugs and scrims are for >.> I'm still not a big fan of prizes and points though, for anti-cheat reasons. When you put prizes behind people's performance there is a guaranteed rise in malicious play.

And zero, you should take a slice of the pie, bro. You put a lot of work into this community. A lot of time that deserves to be rewarded with more than pimple faced kids bitching you out for delays and whatnot :p

acolyte_to_jippity
02-25-2011, 06:29 PM
how about weekly top-10, and monthly top-10?

BallsMcGEE
02-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Haha, If there was a contest I'd smoke Lazy. EZMONEY

dice
02-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Haha, If there was a contest I'd smoke Lazy. EZMONEY

You're nuts.

Hitman
02-27-2011, 10:18 PM
IBIS Quarterly Financial Reports? LOL

acolyte_to_jippity
02-27-2011, 10:31 PM