PDA

View Full Version : Got nothin but Time!

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2011, 01:08 AM
Used to be into Anime then stopped, dont know why i did actually. I remember sitting down watching movies like princess monanoka and shit.

Suggestions?
all i do latley is go to class and then sit on my ass, how can i occupy this time!

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2011, 01:22 AM
hellsing
outlaw star
gundam wing
...i can't believe i'm saying this...but...panty & stocking w/ garterbelt

DON"T JUDGE ME!!!

taz1stP
02-23-2011, 04:14 AM
omg thats a lol man i haven't seen that show but from what its about i mean i thought that you were better than that.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2011, 10:40 AM
omg thats a lol man i haven't seen that show but from what its about i mean i thought that you were better than that.

i was. but i watche the first episode just for shits and giggles...and it was fucking hilarious. oh yeh, the first enemy is a posessed pile of shit that wants to cover the entire town in shit.

ZERO
02-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Just look at mine or RamenPoodle's watching list or list of watched series. Also there is this thread: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/4110-Super-Anime-Game-guide-for-newcomers

taz1stP
02-23-2011, 03:19 PM
don't look at hers b/c hers only has a few good ones if i were you i would go to my amine and make a page put in the shows you watched and look in the recommenced page to see what shows they recommend and watch those. b/c most likely your gana like them.

ZERO
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Who's? RamenPoodle? The ones on his list are mostly all really good. :smirk:

taz1stP
02-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Who's? RamenPoodle? The ones on his list are mostly all really good. :smirk:

all lies no but he does have some good ones but i thought he was a she XD. i still like Stevens list of shows better. but you should watch fate/stay night series a great one if your into the sword fighting ones with super powers.

ZERO
02-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Ah was it the avatar b/c I find that a bit funny considering the one I use everywhere but here:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/customavatars/avatar28410_2.gif

RamenPoodle
02-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Someone finally mistook me for a girl, eh? That was bound to happen eventually. XD

My list has a lot of variety, but that's because I am passionate about anime as a medium and as a vehicle for storytelling and character exposition. I also have absolutely no qualms about what genre it is, everything provides a unique experience.Therefore I watch a lot of stuff that most people probably wouldn't enjoy.

Still, if you're interested in pursuing a well-balanced anime diet, the shows I have marked on my list with either a 9 or 10 score are absolutely essential to view. And sometimes watching "bad" anime will help you form a better opinion of what genre of series you actually do enjoy. ;)

Right, to access my list just click the MyAnimeList signature below :icon_mrgreen:

taz1stP
02-24-2011, 12:52 AM
roman look at your name it looks somewhat like a chicks name then the pic just pushs it over the top.

RamenPoodle
02-24-2011, 12:55 AM
I understand why you thought that. But I'm not going to change it. It doesn't bother me at all.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-24-2011, 02:38 AM
I understand why you thought that. But I'm not going to change it. It doesn't bother me at all.

it's the poodle.

if it had been RamenGermansheppard, or RamenPitbull, or RamenPug there'd have been no confusion

RamenPoodle
02-24-2011, 11:28 AM
That kind of defeats the purpose of the RamenNoodle - RamenPoodle pun though. XD

acolyte_to_jippity
02-24-2011, 11:44 AM
That kind of defeats the purpose of the RamenNoodle - RamenPoodle pun though. XD

hey, preaching to the choir here mate.

i'm just explaining how lesser people could get confused

BladeTwinSwords
02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
I just read the part where it said Perry Logan.:smirk:

i finally reinstalled MPC and I desperately need to finish about 10 different animes.

ZERO
02-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Still though I thought that it was an awesome name. No joke as I often prefer internet names to real names I have actually almost called you RamenPoodle multiple times. In fact every time that I have paused before saying your name was because I defaulted to RamenPoodle and had to go out of my way to think of your real name. This is even despite the fact that I hear your real name more, spend more time talking to you in rl ect.

The RamenPoodle pun fits your personality and humor so well and that is why it is a great name. Also that is the thing that makes good user names is something that works so well that you would use it in rl. On a similar note me and jig would often call each other by our user names in rl. Although it was jig who just most often called me zero.

StarsMine
02-24-2011, 10:28 PM
I have only done that to one friend o.O
we call her CS :icon_mrgreen:

No one in real life calls me Stars :(

anyways DJ, I would first say what sort of show your looking to watch?
also I have found anime-planet to be a very nice database with plenty of recommendations, like princess mononoke try anything Ghibli or a show like wolfs rain or Mushishi

want comedy panty stocking with garter-belt is actually very funny
action - 08th MS team :D best show evar
Epic shonen - one piece :D best show evar
many other great things to watch to

ZERO
02-25-2011, 02:59 AM
I wanted to note that my quote was a spherical cube your confusing it with my other statement about the round square. However it should be noted that a spherical square is even more impossible. :reddot:

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-25-2011, 05:19 PM
lololololol

Ok so id like to start small, also is there any advice or programms i should DL to help keep what i have and havnt watched organized along with expected and future Lists

ZERO
02-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Use this http://xbmc.org/

If you database and index your content in there system correctly it will do wonders!

StarsMine
02-25-2011, 06:06 PM
lololololol

Ok so id like to start small, also is there any advice or programms i should DL to help keep what i have and havnt watched organized along with expected and future Lists

once again, anime-planet, you notice how mine says 88 watched, 6 watching yada yada. It keeps track of it along with you much life you have waisted on anime. You can also see what Zero has watched through my accoutn, although not vise versa, jerk off never freinded me back D:

@Zero, im getting weird looks beacuse I cracked up reading your post :P

ZERO
02-25-2011, 07:42 PM
I never got a request... :violin:

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-25-2011, 08:09 PM
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Mikeyrevile

I set up an account at anime-planet. WOOT!

RamenPoodle
02-25-2011, 10:58 PM
www.myanimelist.net is pretty much all you need to know in that respect.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

um, nvm, i see you already made one. Well, A-P is good too; as you can see below I have an account for both MAL and A-P. Their database is not as robust but it will do. Plus you do get the "life wasted on anime" thing XD

You also get achievements, though they're pretty hard to get XD

On a side note, I think I'm going to have to start watching longer series, you guys are catching up to me! ZERO especially, he's only watched a day less than I have! Having been an anime fan for at least 2 years longer than he has, this is a scary thing indeed. XD

BladeTwinSwords
02-25-2011, 11:28 PM
I've only watched a large amount of time for anime because the series I watch are usually 100+ episodes.

RamenPoodle
02-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Well it appears that after adding all the stuff i was currently watching, including last season and next season, I'm back on top. XD Not that it's a competition or anything....

OK, fine, it totally is. :smirk:

BladeTwinSwords
02-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Well it appears that after adding all the stuff i was currently watching, including last season and next season, I'm back on top. XD Not that it's a competition or anything....

To determine who can be more of a lazy couch potato?

RamenPoodle
02-26-2011, 01:31 AM
This is obviously why I was behind. I hadn't added Pokemon. Now catch up with me! :cool:

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

To determine who can be more of a lazy couch potato?

Indeed, but it's much more than that...lol

No seriously, it's all in good fun. I don't care if people get ahead of me, I just watch anime at my own pace because I enjoy it. :icon_mrgreen:

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-26-2011, 01:44 AM
This is obviously why I was behind. I hadn't added Pokemon. Now catch up with me! :cool:

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Indeed, but it's much more than that...lol

No seriously, it's all in good fun. I don't care if people get ahead of me, I just watch anime at my own pace because I enjoy it. :icon_mrgreen:

wait so its not lame as hell to have seen every single pokemon episode and movie up until 2 years ago?

... my mother owns over 100 dvds

BladeTwinSwords
02-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Oh, well in that case, I haven't even added Pokemon and a few more of the Slayer series I remembered.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Oh, well in that case, I haven't even added Pokemon and a few more of the Slayer series I remembered.

Fooley
Lupin
Cowboy..

i know i know.. pretty much all adult swim shows but i wont even lie.. i used to watch inuyasha religously haha..

BladeTwinSwords
02-26-2011, 02:01 AM
Fooley
Lupin
Cowboy..

i know i know.. pretty much all adult swim shows but i wont even lie.. i used to watch inuyasha religously haha..

I dislike Inuyasha. The problem with many of these anime's is that there is far too much filler for my liking.

Ramen, your avatar reminds me of one of my friends who is in the Anime Club at Virginia Tech. You both seem to have a very strong appreciation for the Umineko series.

Time for me to get to watching Brave Story.

ZERO
02-26-2011, 02:18 AM

So after adding all that you manage to jump up by 48 hours excluding the 3 100m+ gundam ovas, well that will not last long. :smirk:

RamenPoodle
02-26-2011, 05:27 AM
nope, you're among friends. XD

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

I dislike Inuyasha. The problem with many of these anime's is that there is far too much filler for my liking.

Ramen, your avatar reminds me of one of my friends who is in the Anime Club at Virginia Tech. You both seem to have a very strong appreciation for the Umineko series.

Time for me to get to watching Brave Story.

Yes, I love Umineko (and Higurashi as well). I don't like the anime adaptations as much as I like the original visual novels, but since most people probably won't ever take the time to play it I figure why not just refer to the anime.

I've had Lambda as my avatar for a while though, perhaps it's time for something new.

ZERO
02-26-2011, 03:02 PM
The problem with many of these anime's is that there is far too much filler for my liking.

What is interesting is that this tends to really be the case with series that come to the states. I would say that most series are less than 13 epesodes and thus could not even have filler if they wanted. An easy way to avoid filler is to only watch series that have episodes <=26 per season. Everything else will either have filler or may be too dragged out for you.

BladeTwinSwords
02-26-2011, 03:10 PM
What is interesting is that this tends to really be the case with series that come to the states. I would say that most series are less than 13 epesodes and thus could not even have filler if they wanted. An easy way to avoid filler is to only watch series that have episodes <=26 per season. Everything else will either have filler or may be too dragged out for you.

One of the few series where I have yet to see this happen to is the FotNS series. I've seen a few dozen episodes and have yet to see any filler.

RamenPoodle
02-26-2011, 06:57 PM
One of the few series where I have yet to see this happen to is the FotNS series. I've seen a few dozen episodes and have yet to see any filler.

Oh, it's there, don't worry. You watch any series totaling over 26 eps, there will always be filler. Even Utena had filler.

Of course, even if you watch a 26-ep series it doesn't guarantee filler resistance. When it comes to anime, acknowledgement of filler, much like the acknowledgment of air, gravity, and the laws of physics, is second nature.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh, it's there, don't worry. You watch any series totaling over 26 eps, there will always be filler. Even Utena had filler.

Of course, even if you watch a 26-ep series it doesn't guarantee filler resistance. When it comes to anime, acknowledgement of filler, much like the acknowledgment of air, gravity, and the laws of physics, is second nature.

eureka seven didn't have too many filler episodes

StarsMine
02-26-2011, 07:27 PM
I usually dont add things that I know I have watched as a kid but I dont remeber how much of it I did watch

like im sure I have watched 50+ episodes of pokemon and 15+ of digi, and 40+ of yu gi oh. but im not sure of any numbers so I just dont add em

RamenPoodle
02-26-2011, 09:16 PM
eureka seven didn't have too many filler episodes

But it did have some. Also Eureka Seven was a bit of a strange case, it was an original anime project by BONES and they didn't have any manga source material to draw from or any need to stall the series to let the manga catch up. Therefore, filler wasn't as necessary. But filler isn't always bad, and if I remember correctly E7's was pretty good, mostly comic relief.

Also, you're going to have to carry that weight. XD

acolyte_to_jippity
02-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Also, you're going to have to carry that weight. XD

weight?

RamenPoodle
02-26-2011, 10:26 PM
E7 joke, remember Renton got told that all the time? lol

acolyte_to_jippity
02-26-2011, 10:31 PM
E7 joke, remember Renton got told that all the time? lol

ohhh yeah.
i remember the line slightly differently, since i watched the show as a fansub first, then as the official release.

StarsMine
02-26-2011, 11:25 PM
you know what show has good fillers
gintama, gintama has some good fillers

lets waste an entire episode talking about how to properly waste time in a filler :wtg:

RamenPoodle
02-26-2011, 11:55 PM
ohhh yeah.
i remember the line slightly differently, since i watched the show as a fansub first, then as the official release.

Yeah, I don't think I transcribed it entirely correctly but the joke got across. :D

acolyte_to_jippity
02-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I don't think I transcribed it entirely correctly but the joke got across. :D

that was the episode where renton gets his ass kicked in the 606 by a group of bikers in squad bikes, then holland takes out a FUCKING LFO ON FOOT!

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-27-2011, 06:29 PM
you know what show has good fillers
gintama, gintama has some good fillers

lets waste an entire episode talking about how to properly waste time in a filler :wtg:

i wont ignore you!

ICKY FILLERS!

Edit: so i saw a post about .hack and decided to look it up because it sounded SOOOOOOOOOO Familiar...
i am not watching all the series, starting with the Legend of the twilight braclet.

what is super odd is that these episodes are starting to remind me of one of the very first games i was legitimately addicted to as a kid. (though this is what i am remembering.... being unsure of this extreme sense of remembrance i decided to look more into it and found only PsP things.. iv never owned a psp) i did own a ps2 though and i belive the game was called .hack sign or somthing like that... PLEASE if you know let me know!!!

Scratch that from before.. I JUST FOUND MY OLD GAME GUIDES!!!! WOOT!