PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Tuesday!!

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-27-2011, 01:01 AM
BEFORE YOU VOTE PLEASE READ!!!!!!

Just like our renowned "Bad Map Thursday" i propose another eventful day in the IBIS ZM server. TRIVIA TUESDAY!!!!! This day would be as follows

Any admin or clan member on Tuesdays would simply ask a question to the server every map, the first player in the server to answer the question VIA chat would win the right to choose the next map. (any admin or clan member can answer the question as well, the only ineligible person for answering the question would OFC be the person asking the question.)

What i personally think...
I saw a thread earlier today about "giving out prizes" well.. ZM needs some help getting back to the way it used to be, so i thought why not propose a day that rewards players and starts giving players an incentive to play and behave on our ZM server.

Little stepping stones at a time folks!

anyways, please vote via the poll on what you think of this weekly event on the ZM server.

Credit for the idea goes to

Myself, DJ Mikey Revile Ibis.a
and
Roflolmao

RofLoLmao
02-27-2011, 01:41 AM
/agree

ZERO
02-27-2011, 01:53 AM
Added to main page for the today's poll section. :wtg:

Now to bed will actually read later. :smirk:

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-27-2011, 06:22 PM
woot! thanks

kyperioth
02-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Being able to pick the next map is rewarding for newcomers and part timers.
For regulars, the reward scheme might have to change a bit.
Most of the regulars usually get to pick the maps anyway through mafia... errr I mean, "admin" connections /wink /wink.

LOL, I made a funny!

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-28-2011, 02:47 AM
not very funny, regulars dont have that kind of power over admins....

its the regulars who whine the most about the maps that are one, so i send them to rule #6 on the MOTD *NO WHINING* =D

Tickle Me Emo
02-28-2011, 11:19 AM
not very funny, regulars dont have that kind of power over admins....

its the regulars who whine the most about the maps that are one, so i send them to rule #6 on the MOTD *NO WHINING* =D

+1, regulars are generally the most annoying group to deal with.

This sounds like an interesting idea, but I have a question: how would it be organized? Is it just any admin who feels like doing it on Tuesday?

Whoever is asking the questions would also need permission from senior admin (if they aren't senior), or have the senior admin changing the map. What if the senior admin decides they don't want to do that? Do they have a choice, if it's Tuesday?

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
+1, regulars are generally the most annoying group to deal with.

This sounds like an interesting idea, but I have a question: how would it be organized? Is it just any admin who feels like doing it on Tuesday?

Whoever is asking the questions would also need permission from senior admin (if they aren't senior), or have the senior admin changing the map. What if the senior admin decides they don't want to do that? Do they have a choice, if it's Tuesday?

Im glad you brought up those questions.

the manner of question shouldn't matter as long as it isnt completely ridiculous, whom asks it doesn't matter so long as they have the ability to physically change the map.
As for the whole senior admin thing, i dont think its right for an event day to strip the "senior" admin from his/her rights as the senior admin. So i guess in a sense they could be a douche bag and ruin the fun while there on.

I ment to add in my original post that it might be wise for admins if they do this to maybe not allow double map play. i.e. "bob" gets the question right first and choose to go to little_town, Joe gets the question right first at little town and then says "i want little town again" Due to keeping a consistence map flow going i dont think double maps should be accepted in this matter.

RofLoLmao
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Suggestion, I feel as if all admins that play on zombie mod should abide by this idea including the senior admin. Whoever the senior admin should ask the question and like mikey said, anything as long as it's not ridiculous.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-28-2011, 02:42 PM

stupid idea. if anything, it should be up to the admin to decide if they're going to use something like this or not

RofLoLmao
03-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Well how can you better the idea then?

acolyte_to_jippity
03-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Well how can you better the idea then?

by not doing it

Cry_Wolf
03-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I Hate the idea so much that I love it!!! Sooo....i voted yes! Plus, I participated in it today. :smokin:

Jeimuzu
06-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Lmao.. BMT is still known, awesome.

Is ThAt KhRoNiK
04-25-2012, 07:01 PM
sounds good to me.

Chikun
04-25-2012, 08:28 PM

/5char

Wuman
04-28-2012, 07:27 AM
I laik. +1

Conker307
07-22-2012, 04:40 PM
lmao.. I like it

CYBER
07-22-2012, 05:59 PM

/5char

if it wasnt for THIS post ^ , i would be raging soo mad for necroing an old thread... but hey, at least it brought us some humour, now back to the dead you go useless thread

Omegxkid
10-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Lol this is a funny idea we should make everyday events like this its a great idea :icon_mrgreen:

CYBER
10-02-2012, 10:47 PM
lol this is a funny idea we should make everyday events like this its a great idea :icon_mrgreen:
did you just necro a 1-year-old thread that got necro'ed a few months ago ?-.-

brett friggin favre
10-02-2012, 10:49 PM
...chikun!?

CYBER
10-02-2012, 10:51 PM

/5char

^ allow me.

Chikun
10-02-2012, 10:54 PM
^ allow me.

Maybe it would help if this thread wasn't still on the front page as "Today's Poll"

Omegxkid
10-04-2012, 02:03 AM
We did a good some of test runs on the server and almost all of the players loved it, there was 1-2 people complaining but for the most it was a fun night. :icon_mrgreen: