PDA

View Full Version : Arbitrarily changing maps

Jimbear
02-27-2011, 05:04 PM
I've really noticed a bad trend where admins will just up and get bored with a map, choose a new one, and start a "Will x be the next map?" vote, which inevitably ends being a yes due to one-spam. Just now, at 1700 eastern, an admin changed the map from paranoid to roy_highway after a server lockup, using the above details, and left the server. We are now stuck with world friction bugged, cts are nearly flying around the map, and the game is no fun at all. This, among some other complaints i've kept to myself thus far, are greatly degrading the experience on your server, in my opinion.

**EDIT**

If I am so permitted, and this is the correct forum and format, I would like to submit a suggestion for procedures that an admin might take when initiating that type of vote. Since it is quick and simple in nature, a player might not have any warning prior to the 1 and 2 hotkeys becoming contextual, and might strike the key inadvertently, or may be just striking the one key to remove the vote field from their HUD. My suggestion is that when an admin wants to initiate that type of vote, they must first audibly warn and visually warn players that a quick vote is about to be initiated, via microphone and chat, respectively.

To further simplify, this would be the normal path of action if my suggestion was implemented:

1. XXX suggests that the current map, zm_mapx, sucks three or four dicks, daily, and spits.
2. YYY.ibis A agrees with XXX's opinion.
3. ZZZ casually suggests that zm_mapy is far superior, based on the fact that it sucks only one dick, and swallows like a classy lady ought to.
4. YYY.ibis A warns the server population over voice and in chat that there is a pending vote for zm_mapy.
5. YYY.ibis A cues the server to initiate a mapvote for zm_mapy, and the vote is calculated. zm_mapy wins the vote.
6. ???
7. PROFIT

Thanks for reading!

acolyte_to_jippity
02-27-2011, 05:55 PM
I've really noticed a bad trend where admins will just up and get bored with a map, choose a new one, and start a "Will x be the next map?" vote, which inevitably ends being a yes due to one-spam. Just now, at 1700 eastern, an admin changed the map from paranoid to roy_highway after a server lockup, using the above details, and left the server. We are now stuck with world friction bugged, cts are nearly flying around the map, and the game is no fun at all. This, among some other complaints i've kept to myself thus far, are greatly degrading the experience on your server, in my opinion.

senior admin is allowed to change maps as he/she pleases. only restriction is that this is not to be abuse w/ frequent map changes.

paranoid is shit, and crashes the server. if the server gets messed up, add some admins on steam and ask them to come in and fix it, or get into contact with someone like mikey, me, or a clanner to do it if they don't know how.
~!priest