PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 Demo

anex
03-02-2011, 02:34 AM
The demo is out, http://static.cdn.ea.com/crytek/u/f/crysis2/Crysis_2_Multiplayer_Demo.exe

I'm not impressed... kind of a let down if you ask me. The only cool thing was going invisible and thats about it. The game feels like a console port in almost every way. Aim assist is default (can't change it), smooth mouse is default (can't change it), graphics are very sub par comparared to the first Crysis. (because its a god damn multiplatformer). I was hoping this game was going to be the pc killer of the year. Looks like the first Crysis still reigns.

If the final product doesn't utilize direct x 11 (and brings my system to a crawl because of the awesome graphics they left out in the demo *crosses fingers*), then there is no point to buy this game.

However if you love COD, you will love this.

Steamer
03-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Played the leaked beta weeks ago... meh...

anex
03-03-2011, 01:44 AM
meh...

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Spasm
03-03-2011, 09:10 AM
The demo is out, http://static.cdn.ea.com/crytek/u/f/crysis2/Crysis_2_Multiplayer_Demo.exe

I'm not impressed... kind of a let down if you ask me. The only cool thing was going invisible and thats about it. The game feels like a console port in almost every way. Aim assist is default (can't change it), smooth mouse is default (can't change it), graphics are very sub par comparared to the first Crysis. (because its a god damn multiplatformer). I was hoping this game was going to be the pc killer of the year. Looks like the first Crysis still reigns.

If the final product doesn't utilize direct x 11 (and brings my system to a crawl because of the awesome graphics they left out in the demo *crosses fingers*), then there is no point to buy this game.

However if you love COD, you will love this.

Thats what happens when people get greedy. Fucked a great series up. Meh it is :(

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-03-2011, 01:57 PM
mmmmm avatar mmmmmmmmmmm

o yea, game looks shitty.. i looked only at those pictures and got a headache at how the hub is all curvy and not matching with the rest of the shit on the screen

acolyte_to_jippity
03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
mmmmm avatar mmmmmmmmmmm

o yea, game looks shitty.. i looked only at those pictures and got a headache at how the hub is all curvy and not matching with the rest of the shit on the screen

actually, they did that very well. it's supposed to be an overlay on the inside of a helmet. you don't have a big flat pane of glass in front of oyur face, no. you have one that fits to your head. the curvy hud looks good

SCRIBBLE
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
actually, they did that very well. it's supposed to be an overlay on the inside of a helmet. you don't have a big flat pane of glass in front of your face, no. you have one that fits to your head. the curvy hud looks good

This.

Except nearly everything else in the game is dull. If the demo is what the full release is like, I'll pass on this one. It's exactly like COD in every way except with shitty player models and a gamespy powered log in system. I've hated gamespy since AvP when they included spyware with every download.

maynard
03-07-2011, 04:42 PM
meh...

StarsMine
03-07-2011, 07:25 PM
FYI the demo actually is quite bad compared to full retail, the looked out quite a few settings like DX11, Im waiting for the full release to judge it.

Joker
03-09-2011, 02:29 PM
FYI the demo actually is quite bad compared to full retail, the looked out quite a few settings like DX11, Im waiting for the full release to judge it.

Yea your right stars mine........I know that the Demo's Graphics are degraded for the demo and doesn't allow the full graphics or game play. Also, they have degraded the graphics a little bit to compensate for the cross-consol platform so that away 360 and ps3 can play it. sadly :( :muffy: