PDA

View Full Version : requesting that racism should be strictly enforced..

alex_mamaroneck
03-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Hello my name is Alex_mamaroneck
i've been an admin for over a year and played on ibis servers for two years. as most of you know i try my best to become an Ibis admin. i do my best to gain respect on the servers and always ask clans for advice to prevent any drastic mistakes. i mainly care about the majority of the players to have fun and depend on us admins to keep a clean server from hackers and rule breakers. however, my biggest concern still on the servers especially the ZM server is racism.
the first time i started playing the Ibis zm server it was something new to me. it was a zombie game and i was a big fan of resident evil 4 for nintendo wii. there was ZM music at the time that when you are being chased the music starts and get us hyped. Rules were enforced. Walter was an asshole but was a good admin before he had a case of Molson Ice and banned the entire server:
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/3365-Walter
. Racism was strictly enforced. i remember people were banned quickly for being racist, faster than banning cade breakers.
when admins weren't on, players were pissed at rules breakers. me especially. i was so pissed i became an admin to fill in the time when admins weren't on. i felt powerful but afraid to use my admin commands. so i ask clans for advice all the time, i still do. i became a good admin over time. then i met other good admins such as blade and xen. blade does his research on admin commands and players stats. he would brag about me being on the zm server the longest. xen was strong and reasonable from my part. a strong player as well. we were doing so well on the zm server. clean and fun until someone applied for admin and broke them all.
we'll call him Will. Will was a good player while in zm he was a good cader and helped everyone in the server. he was on my buddy list and always enjoyed having him on the zm server. but that all change on the day he got his headset and oh its gets better. he applied for admin.
while he was admin he would greet me when ever i get on and continued playing. i usually stay on spectate to spot rule breakers. but the minute i hear him speak he would come out with a racist comment or slurs and everyone would start laughing or continued what had started. aren't admins suppose to enforce racism? then all of a sudden he would stop and talk about something else. its like he would start a conversation and then in conclusion of that conversation he would blurt out a racist comment or slurs for more than a minute and then stop all of a sudden.
there were times when other admins told him to stop and he would, for like a few minutes and then start again. he really did piss off regular admins of that server but the players liked him because he was funny and wanted to knwo what he will say next. his comments influence other players into saying it, thinking it was ok to say the N-word, anti-semite, or other racial slurs that other players didn't like to hear. i banned someone for being racist while talking to Will and Will complained and said to unban him because he didnt' do anything. then all the players got his back and said that i was a bad admin. i try to enforce something that was once a very strict rule and that rule turned to shit while he was admin.
i needed help from more that an admin but a clan. i told a few clans about the situation but as soon as they log on, Will stops his racism. "i didn't hear anything racist...." and then they leave. one of the clans said that i should record and i did. no racism came out of him when i recorded. but when i stop recording he would blast off his comments again. how the fuck did he know that i was recording? :banghead: seems he would say it once in a blue moon and i would catch him at the wrong time.
one of the regular zm admins told me that he hates playing the zm server because of Will. i said not to worry i'll find proof to get him out of his adminship.
On May 14, 2010, i log on steam and spoke to xen and asked if Will was on. i started to hate logging on ZM but i wanted to get proof of him. she said yes and i logged on. Will greeted me as soon as i logged on and i started to play for a couple of rounds. on the 3rd or 4th round i was about to go into a cade and Will was already there, "hey alex go back to mexico,..... fucking spic.." i heard some players were laughing. xen's and i couldn't believe it. i never heard anyone call me that name. i was hurt but raged at the same time. i felt i was on my own. i perma banned him and quickly posted it on the bans

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/3785-Perma-banned-Hallwagner...

i didn't care if my admin was going to get stripped. i just wanted a clean server like before. i let a good fellow clan know about the incident and told him that i couldn't take it anymore of his bs. he understood about my situation and said "whats done is done". i got props from some admins and regulars about banning him on the thread i posted but some clans didn't see it that way. they saw that i broke a fatal rule: i banned an admin.
when i got back to play the zm servers i was seeing alot players with the tag "free hallwagner" and some players even turned against me. after all i have done for trying to keep the server clean and for helping players, i get hated on?
Zero unbanned Will and warned us. its not what i wanted to hear but the admin rules were enforced.
Will was let go and was back on the zm server. he hasn't said anything racist yet but i was still monitoring him any chance i got. everything was fine for a couple of days..... less than a week every thing was back to the way when he got admin. not just zm server, all servers. admin abuses and racial comments were posted then dropped until finally on May 27 2010 his last abuse was posted:
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/3876-Hallwagner-admin-abuse

his admin was finally stripped but not his mouth. while he was playing as a regular i try to let it slide with a few racial comments. then i told him to be careful about racism and he did. for a while. not even a week after his admin was stripped i muted him for his racist comments again. then he post his thread against me but its turned on him:
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/3934-alex-mamaroneck-admin-abuse

Will was eventually banned from all servers but came back with a new account, became admin and was completely banned after this abuse thread:
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5710-GSOMAN-ibis.a-Abuse

since then the racism was not enforced as it was before.
a couple of admins and i try to mute anyone who blurs out a racial slur or comment. i was told that if a racial slur was NOT towards anyone than its ok to say it. to be honest and no offense: WHAT KIND OF SHITTY TWISTED RULE IS THAT? :banghead:
that means that anyone can get away with a racial slur or comment and make an excuse that it wasn't toward anyone. i've had case when two months ago when i wasn't admin at the time someone said nigger and then all of a sudden they said they ment to say nigga but it wasn't towards anyone and he wasn't banned nor muted. even the word jewbag or redneck is not only offensive to me but to others who play in the server. its not the way how those slurs were use. its the racial slurs that is being said that is offensive
a couple of months ago i was playing at a server called Pantless de_dust 2. they were pro players and the server was fun. very clean. but how did they deal with racism? simple as soon as they see a racial slur in chat or hear it on mic, depending on the admins mood they can do two things: they can warned just once or banned. when they get banned, i'm assuming its a perma ban because i never saw them again. there was one time i said faggot to no one and i was amazed how quickly an admin responded: "ALEX_MAMANODICK WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE" these admins are no joke. strict up the ass. but i soon gained their respect. however, i wanted to come back to ibis as admin again to see if i can help clean the zm server once again. hopefully clean as pantless.

yesterday i warned a couple of players for saying nigga, and nigger. then one regular said it was ok because it wasn't towards anyone. and this is why i am posting this thread.
racism must be enforced strongly as it was before when i first played ibis. i know Zero said its legal if its not towards anyone but its still offensive no matter how you use it and many players even admins are getting away with it. the majority of players in zm server aren't even 18 yet and are highly influenced by racism and its a matter of time they will say it as well. i believe freedom of speech but not using any racial slurs or make racist comments. those words should be said at home/private not in public. can we please enforce this rule the way it was before?

Superman
03-18-2011, 01:36 PM
I concur, I think all racial comments should be strictly enforced. I believe if we as a country, BUILT on multi races, can't stop being racist, even in games, then we all look ignorant.

devour
03-18-2011, 01:48 PM
racism was never meant to be enforced strongly unless it was directed at someone in particular. thats been the rule for as long as i can remember

i still agree with the op though, but i only read the last paragraph. giant wall of text

alex_mamaroneck
03-18-2011, 01:53 PM
racism was never meant to be enforced strongly unless it was directed at someone in particular. thats been the rule for as long as i can remember

i still agree with the op though, but i only read the last paragraph. giant wall of text

then we let these people get away of what they say. it influences players into saying it and eventaully they thinks its ok to say it in anyway. which is why i want it to be enforced entirely. you should read the entire text to understand where i'm coming from with this...

Andrew_Pavlik
03-18-2011, 01:57 PM
I have to agree with Alex, I believe a lot of people say racist things to get a laugh and because they can 'get' away with it on the internet. I don't understand how people can use words like 'nigger' and 'nigga' and not have it directed towards anyone? That makes no sense.

Also, I don't mind when people say 'thats gay' but I also think if someone calls someone a 'faggot' that shouldn't be allowed either.

I understand Zero's side and how he doesn't wanna to make everything illegal on his servers, but I don't see how stopping people from not using racist terms will affect how they or the server plays ZM.

Me Haha
03-18-2011, 02:01 PM
I agree, all racist and other offensive slurs should not be allowed to be said on the IBIS servers.

taz1stP
03-18-2011, 02:02 PM
bull shit if you dont like how someone talks then go into the player's list and mute them. dont do like alex and mute someone for who knows how long for nothing.

CYBER
03-18-2011, 02:03 PM
agreed with above notion.
i think the general idea was that racism TOWARDS someone isn't allowed, but ppl just go like "fucking nigger" (after they get killed or wtvr) . u ask them not to use racism, and they say " it wasnt directed towards someone", however we all know that it was directed subconciously to whoever killed him!

i want to reserve the right to call a few ppl (shady, ketchup, brian, and my regular slaves) as faggots if i wanted to tho :P

taz1stP
03-18-2011, 02:05 PM
if you guys start taking away the ability to say nigger spic fagot and such then you might as well just have saying that are built into the game and no mics at all

Me Haha
03-18-2011, 02:11 PM
bull shit if you dont like how someone talks then go into the player's list and mute them. dont do like alex and mute someone for who knows how long for nothing.

I agree with him in the way that racism should stop and the fact that our country was brought up on the bones of every race. Thus, we are ONE society, not multiple things called "races."
The whole idea that everyone is somehow different is completely wrong. What ever happened to equality? True equality is in a Utopia which should mean that there is no fighting of any kind, which includes no racism. Most of us want the servers to be nice and clean, I'm not saying throw away cussing, only racial slurs.

alex_mamaroneck
03-18-2011, 02:18 PM

you can say all you want. i let you before. however that day i warned you for saying the n-word but you kept on saying it. you threatened people on banning them as well. which is why i perma muted you from zm.
racial comments must be enforced such as these:
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/21-Gun-Game-Success-Music?p=104138#post104138
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5883-employment?p=101326#post101326

taz1stP
03-18-2011, 02:19 PM
I agree with him in the way that racism should stop and the fact that our country was brought up on the bones of every race. Thus, we are ONE society, not multiple things called "races."
The whole idea that everyone is somehow different is completely wrong. What ever happened to equality? True equality is in a Utopia which should mean that there is no fighting of any kind, which includes no racism. Most of us want the servers to be nice and clean, I'm not saying throw away cussing, only racial slurs.

ok for starters our founding fathers didnt view blacks as equals the sold and bought them. so this country wasn't brought up like you think. the word nigger should have nothing wrong with it b/c they call each other niggas which is the same thing.

alex_mamaroneck
03-18-2011, 02:25 PM
ok for starters our founding fathers didnt view blacks as equals the sold and bought them. so this country wasn't brought up like you think. the word nigger should have nothing wrong with it b/c they call each other niggas which is the same thing.

the founding fathers didn't create this game. but what ever. you have already been dealt with. despite how racial slurs are used is use its still offensive to others. maybe not to you but to others its offensive.

taz1stP
03-18-2011, 02:27 PM
well you cant mute someone for saying nigger in game so have fun with your abuse tread XD and i didnt say i was gana ban them i said i would get someone to ban them not me.

Spasm
03-18-2011, 02:32 PM
I didn't even read it, this shit has been gone over before. Zero, the server owner and operator, believes in free speech. I don't even see what the big deal is as long as your not directing it at someone, trying to insult them. I think some of you are way too sensitive when it comes to racial slurs.

taz1stP
03-18-2011, 02:32 PM
I didn't even read it, this shit has been gone over before. Zero, the server owner and operator, believes in free speech. I don't even see what the big deal is as long as your not directing it at someone, trying to insult them. I think some of you are way too sensitive when it comes to racial slurs.

i agree fully

alex_mamaroneck
03-18-2011, 02:34 PM
well you cant mute someone for saying nigger in game so have fun with your abuse tread XD

but you were loud and have threatened people in banning them as well when your not even admin. beside this thread in about enforcing racism not about you.
if you wanna talk about your case, go and post an abuse thread against me. good luck :wtg:

taz1stP
03-18-2011, 02:38 PM
where in the rules does it say i cant say "i am going to get a admin or clan member to ban you" you point that out to me plz

alex_mamaroneck
03-18-2011, 02:43 PM

which is why people are getting away with those racial slurs. they can say it out of the blue and said it wasn't towards anyone its. its making it harder for admins to judge on how they say it or try to wonder if it was toward someone or noone. its twisted rule is getting out of hand.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

where in the rules does it say i cant say "i am going to get a admin or clan member to ban you" you point that out to me plz

are you blind or can you read my response or even the title? this thread is not about you. post an abuse thread on me if you want to talk about your case. besides i'm surprise you haven't posted a thread since i muted you on tuesday. you even wanted pit viper to unmute you.

taz1stP
03-18-2011, 02:46 PM
ok zero has said this before he dousnt care if people use rasest words as long as not aimed at someone so this isnt going to go anywhere and is in wrong area should be in discussions

alex_mamaroneck
03-18-2011, 02:48 PM
ok zero has said this before he dousnt care if people use rasest words as long as not aimed at someone so this isnt going to go anywhere and is in wrong area should be in discussions

i think i rather hear it from zero instead of hearing it from you

Spasm
03-18-2011, 02:49 PM
which is why people are getting away with those racial slurs. they can say it out of the blue and said it wasn't towards anyone its. its making it harder for admins to judge on how they say it or try to wonder if it was toward someone or noone. its twisted rule is getting out of hand.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

are you blind or can you read my response or even the title? this thread is not about you. post an abuse thread on me if you want to talk about your case.

I about only play on pub now days. I usually have no problem identifying if someone is trying to be an ass or just joking around. I have heard clan use the word nigga before, and some other racial slurs, but they were joking and everyone was cool with it. Hell I have been called a redneck and shit before over mic, and it didn't even phase me, and I know I have a southern accent, but I knew they were joking and it was all in good fun. I will reserve judgement on z mod, for I have not played there in a while and the server can get out of hand.

brett friggin favre
03-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Acceptable: "Niggaz be trippin"

Not acceptable: "Shut the fudgesicle up you polack son of a biscuit"

If you have a problem with someone saying something, let them know that you are not cool with it.

If you say it and someone asks you to stop, please do so.

If the perpetrator becomes belligerent, a mute would be in order.

This is just my opinion of course. We shouldn't be so technical with these things, and it should only be illegal if it causes a problem, and should be handled with maturity as with any situation.

maynard
03-18-2011, 03:21 PM
personally I think people should buck up and get over them selfs... 1 this is the internet 2 we're a community based on playing video games...

Zero has said MANY times what the rules are regarding racism but I guess I need 2 fill you guys in again....

Racist comments and or jokes are fully allowed in our servers. Zero fully believes in freedom of speech. the only hitch is that you can't direct racist comments towards someone... here's some examples.

Acceptable: What the nigger was that!? (harold and kumar)
Not Acceptable: Alex, you're a stupid nigger.

provided the comments aren't directed at any 1 in server there is no issue. if someone does direct racism towards someone then you can inform of them of the rules, if they continue 2 do it, then follow normal protocol, mutes, kicks, temp bans whatever.

personally I think people should stop being butt hurt over something so trivial... most of you know for damn sure if you saw a black person in RL say whats up nigger 2 another black person, you would infact not have a problem with it... even though that's racism in it's self. telling someone that they can or can't do something based on the color of there skin is RACISM.

half the world has some religious beliefs, yet you don't hear those who do qqing they want rules put in place so God bashing can't happen on our servers, nor is any 1 saying "whoa, bashing someone's beliefs is just as bad of racism when you think about it! we shouldn't allow this" my point being you guys are picking and choosing what you think should be allowed 2 be said within the servers as where zero believes in complete freedom of speech provided it syncs up with the couple rules we do have in place, like being respectful of clan and admin, and not directing racism at people..... if you don't like what people are saying, then don't listen 2 them? it's really simple.

I'm closing this thread cause this issue has been brought up many times and it ends the exact same way every time... and that's it ending with... Racist words and jokes are ALLOWED on our servers provided you're not directing it at someone.

This community is a dictatorship not a democracy and Zero's word is the law and he's also made it very clear multiple times in the past regarding what his opinion is on this issue.