PDA

View Full Version : How to identify "senior admins"

wack0
03-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Tonight in Pub #1 there were a bunch of us <ibis.a> admins playing and the regulars were asking for a map vote. So Baltimore started a vote asking everyone if they wanted a custom map or a standard map, and custom map won. Baltimore then made a custom map vote and as everyone was voting Spasm <ibis.a> canceled the vote and said "i'm senior admin no map votes." So this brings me to my question:

How are we to identify these senior admins so we don't waste time creating custom map votes? I thought regular IBIS members wore the <ibis> tag only? I looked around and cant find any kind of clan roster or anything..

Amon
03-19-2011, 11:58 PM
when you're looking at servers, right click on one and select "View server info" it'll tell you how long everyone has been on there. Senior admin is of course the admin that has been on the longest unless clan member is there, then it doesn't matter.

wack0
03-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Oh that's what he meant! Makes more sense now. When he said senior admin I assumed it was based on rank structure within IBIS. Thanks or clarifying.

StarsMine
03-20-2011, 12:03 AM
you are right though <ibis> will always have senior

wack0
03-20-2011, 12:04 AM
you are right though <ibis> will always have senior

Ok cool

Spasm
03-20-2011, 01:13 AM
I wasn't really trying to be a dick, right before u came we had been on several different custom ones and it seemed like they were getting rtv'd left and right. Then we goto regular maps for a few then they want back on the maps they were rtv off of.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-20-2011, 07:21 AM
status in console

acolyte_to_jippity
03-20-2011, 09:17 AM
status in console

does nothing.

server info is the way to go

NLA
04-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Bumping a topic from a couple weeks ago, but for future reference here is how to recognize and identify senior admins in the server:

- Type ma_admins in console. Look at the admin list. If someone has <ibis> without the .a in their name, they're a clan member. They are senior regardless of your time in the server.
- If no <ibis> admin is present, senior is based on time in server. If you want to start a map vote, use admin chat to ask if other admins would mind a map vote. Not many admins do this, and all should out of respect for the senior admin system. And just out of respect period. Don't be a dick to fellow admins.
- If you're unsure about something, ask in admin chat first. If no one replies and no one cares, go for it.

Note: this does not mean that someone who is non-senior can not start a map vote -- you can, you're an admin after all, but at least ask the other admins first if they mind. Don't be a dick.

Pretty easy. That should do it. :chillpill:

acolyte_to_jippity
04-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Note: this does not mean that someone who is non-senior can not start a map vote -- you can, you're an admin after all, but at least ask the other admins first if they mind. Don't be a dick.

actually, that's exactly what it means.

NLA
04-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Wait, if you're not senior and you ask the senior admin to make a map vote and they OK it, you still can't make one? That sounds dumb.

maynard
04-03-2011, 02:28 AM
if you ask the senior admin "hey can I make a map vote" and he says "ok yes you can" you personally can make the vote given the fact he gave you permission.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-03-2011, 02:30 AM
Wait, if you're not senior and you ask the senior admin to make a map vote and they OK it, you still can't make one? That sounds dumb.

you already said you could if you asked. but then you said basically "don't let this stop you from making votes"

and i also lol at the fact that you're saying this, given your propensity towards breaking this rule.

NLA
04-03-2011, 04:00 PM
No, Priest, you're misunderstanding my wording.

What I am saying is that even if you are not senior admin, that does not mean you can not make a map vote EVER, as in "if you are not senior admin you can not make a map vote at all", it just means you have to ask the senior first. I thought it was pretty clear. Tricky wording I guess.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-03-2011, 04:23 PM
What I am saying is that even if you are not senior admin, that does not mean you can not make a map vote EVER, as in "if you are not senior admin you can not make a map vote at all", it just means you have to ask the senior first. I thought it was pretty clear. Tricky wording I guess.

ok, fair enough. it just sounded awkward