PDA

View Full Version : Console Systems

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
08-27-2008, 12:09 PM
My brother recently gave me his Xbox as he can play it anymore because his job takes up so much time. He gave me a stack of games. Now me being a computer guy and not knowing anything about Console Systems, i would like to know the difference between the Xbox and the Xbox 360.. all my friends are like "Dude Joe you need to get an xbox 360 so you can play Command And Concour With All Of Us And Halo 3" thing is i heard you have to pay just for Xbox Live... i don't feel like paying enless its cheap.
My friend owns a ps3, i love the ps3 first game i played on it was Call Of Duty Modern Warfare, awesome game FTW. Though the ps3 is huge.. youd think it would be small and uber. but oh well.
Can anyone answer my question though?
And if if xbox live is cheap, should i get it?

D-Monic
08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
lol i dont know shit about consoles as i dont play games on the consoles, unless im at a friends house. but "what's the difference between the xbox and the 360?" thats like asking whats the difference between m&m's and steak<----lol wtf anyway..........

So to start with a high def TV has far more capability to show detail. Of course, a game has to be *coded* to take advantage of that ability. As we know with the original XBox, you could have the exact same XBox, the exact same screen, and two games would look far different from each other. Great programmers (like the HALO team) could make amazing graphics, while other programmers (ahem, we'll not name names) make really pitiful looking games. So the only way to compare fairly is to have a really good graphic coding team make the exact same game for both systems.

We luckily have that situation with Gun. I really liked the graphics and horse animations on the base XBox, so when we got the XBox 360 we got it for that as well. You can get the exact same screen on both systems and then just toggle between the two inputs, to see exactly how they compare.

First, as you might imagine, the level of detail is amazingly better on the XBox 360. You can see the bullet detail on his belt, the fringe on his tunic, the grain of the wood planks, the ripples and undercurrents in the water. The fire is smoky and wispy, the gorgeous orange sunset practically glows. You can see in windows on the 360 that were just 'dark' on the XBox.

In general, the entire game is FAR crisper and brighter on the XBox 360. The mountains glow and have wispy fog, with gentle moss at their base. The character and horse movements are smooth and in some situations are photo-realistic in how they run or turn.

Even more interesting, your "field of vision" is wider on the XBox 360. You can literally see further to your left and right when you look at a scene. This gives you a great advantage when you're in any combat situation, being able to take in more of the situation.

also you could have just googled the situation

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
08-27-2008, 01:00 PM
I do notice the graphics on the xbox i have suck arse.
I was playing "The Warriors" also a really awesome movie, anyways i was playing that game and it was really really dark, even with streetlights on in the game, barely gave off any light.
Sometimes the animation is glitchy and weird to i noticed.

Well i could have but i thought why not get some suggestions and answers from IBIS members for the heck of it.:wtg:

vicious
08-27-2008, 02:03 PM
difference between x-box and x-box 360 is like:

windows 95 vs windows xp.

simple as that :D

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Ahh alright i get it now.
Xbox-360 is alot better.

But now my final question is... should i get xbox live... how much is it anyway, people have told me many many differnt numbers.

9$ a moneth, 15$ a month.. 90$ a year.

-=NYS=- C.O.
08-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Soy Sauce;6466']Ahh alright i get it now.
Xbox-360 is alot better.

But now my final question is... should i get xbox live... how much is it anyway, people have told me many many differnt numbers.

Why dont you go to the xbox website, they will answer all your questions.

Cujo
08-27-2008, 02:53 PM
:google: :wtg:

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
08-27-2008, 06:05 PM
DUH... wow never thought about going to the Xbox website.
Thanks for the help though.

Dual
08-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Soy Sauce;6466']Ahh alright i get it now.
Xbox-360 is alot better.

you buy the 12 months for like 50 bucks I Think.

ManBearPig <ibis>
08-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Sell dat shit and upgrade your computer!

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
08-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Thats not bad i guess if your that into xbox live.. which I'm not so yeah.

ManBearPig <ibis>
08-27-2008, 07:58 PM
The only reason i would play Xbox 360 instead of a computer is because of Xbox live. Gears of War with Xbox live is amazing. It really is, my boy is pro in it.

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
08-27-2008, 08:09 PM
I prob would only play for Command And Concour all my friends play it, heard is awesome.

ManBearPig <ibis>
08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Its better for PC...

Hitman
08-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Well I own a PS3. The only reason I bought it was because of the GTA game. Graphics are amazing, now im playing Metal Gear Solid 4 whch is amazing as well. The built in Blue-Ray is cool too. Everything is hooked up to my 40" HDTV along with my comp. I just download movies from the internet and play them directly on my tv.

PS3 has amazing games coming out soon too. If your a Star Wars fan like I am then you will want to play the upcoming Star Wars game thats coming out in September. The story takes place after 3rd movie and before the 4th movie. Its about Darth Vaders secret apprentice who is 10x more powerful then Darth Vader. It takes a stronger perspective on the Force. basically you can do stuff with the Force like you could never have done before.

also if you like Final Fantasy, they have 2 games coming out. One in December and one next year.

ZERO
08-27-2008, 09:18 PM
ALL GAMES except for ones that basically require a joystick are ALWAYS better on PC. Especially RTS games or any other micro based game. Also the next C&C comes out in October for the PC and is going to be awesome. Xbox live is a waste because you can play mutiplayer on the pc for free and any game that is worth anything will come out of PC at some point. GTA is comming this year to PC and is going to have major grafix updates, support for twice as manny mutipleayers and more. Why pay for xbox live when you already get that for free on your computer...

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
08-27-2008, 09:37 PM
True, Just my friends have been buging me about it so i thought i would ask people questions about it and stuff idk.
GTA for the PC... I have played a GTA game for the PC forgot which one but it was kinda cool.

C&C is better on the PC, i own C&C Generals but it doesn't work anymore sadly:banghead:

Vladninja
08-27-2008, 10:39 PM
PC games for the win!!!
Bought a 360 when they came out and only own 1 game for it Halo 3 (it normally just sits and collects dust)...
I use Gamefly (about $20/month) for game rentals cause with a 49.99-59.99 price tag its just not worth it... and I know Im not the only one that beats most games in a week or two...

And like Zero said games are always better for PC!

Off the topic... am I the only one that misses the Arcade!?! Now I have to drive an hour and a half to Atlanta just to get my Arcade gaming on...
I'll always miss beating up on noobs (in person) and the old saying
"Winner Stays! Loser Pays!"

ManBearPig <ibis>
08-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Yours and zeros avatars look to much alike.

Vladninja
08-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Yours and zeros avatars look to much alike.

Talk to Zero I had mine first... his was the little girl from Bleech
Guess great minds just think alike... :-P

mirdot
08-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Well I own a PS3. The only reason I bought it was because of the GTA game. Graphics are amazing, now im playing Metal Gear Solid 4 whch is amazing as well. The built in Blue-Ray is cool too. Everything is hooked up to my 40" HDTV along with my comp. I just download movies from the internet and play them directly on my tv.

PS3 has amazing games coming out soon too. If your a Star Wars fan like I am then you will want to play the upcoming Star Wars game thats coming out in September. The story takes place after 3rd movie and before the 4th movie. Its about Darth Vaders secret apprentice who is 10x more powerful then Darth Vader. It takes a stronger perspective on the Force. basically you can do stuff with the Force like you could never have done before.

also if you like Final Fantasy, they have 2 games coming out. One in December and one next year.

PS3 has no games coming out. And The Star Wars game is out also for Xbox 360?

And yeah, I prefer the 360. I have a 360 Elite... the games on the 360 are better than PS3 games. PS3 has better graphics but they have no games. Live for PS3 is free but it's shit... compared to 360 Live. Also, I prefer the 360 Controller over the PS3 controller (Six-Axis). The Six Axis controller weighs like 1/10 of a pound and feels like cheap plastic. The dual shock is heavier and feels better but I still prefer the 360 Controller. The major difference (In my eyes) is that the 360 has better games then PS3.

FABLE 2 comes out October 21st. I'm going to pre-order the game and I'm gonna wait outside when it comes out. My favourite game of all time = Fable: The Lost Chapters.

Xbox Live is like 8.99 for 1 month or something and 59.99 for 1 year... I can't quite remember... but it is pretty cheap.

:icon_mrgreen:

D-Monic
08-28-2008, 12:40 AM
yeah fable was a great game and i also cant wait for fable 2, but im really looking forward to Star Wars The Force Unleashed

<---big star wars fan :icon_mrgreen:

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
08-28-2008, 12:43 AM
I have only been to an arcade once.
It was jam packed i only got to play some pin ball thing and play some motorcycle game that was it.
Cool thing was, it was at a mall, so i just hung out with friends and ate and walked around.

It was fun well it lasted, i wanna go to one again.

DUDE fable rocks.
I rather get Diablo 3 though looks HELLA awesome, i remember playing Diablo 2 and it took me 2-3 weeks to get to the second chapter it was insanely long.
For the pc, i can't wait for the new Half life episodes, i have been reading, i guess they plan on continuing the story line, and might come out with a Half Life 3 or something. Graphics look insane as well can't wait to play it.

ManBearPig <ibis>
08-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Yo i got to say i love starwars also. :wtg:

Vladninja
08-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Yep StarWars rocks... cant wait for Diablo 3 either (though we have what a year maybe two)... also wondering if anyone here is planning on buying "Left 4 Dead"!?! Got my pre order done today...

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Dude Left 4 Dead looks sick, sadly i can't get a pre order thing.
I guess i will have to wait till the "Need/Want" for the game dies down.

Also when are they updated source? Or did they? because i heard they are updating source, but i have no clue when.:banghead:

ManBearPig <ibis>
08-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Diablo3 and starcraft 2 are totally going to make me come when they come out.

D1lD0
08-28-2008, 03:59 PM
In terms of Quality games and 3rd party liscensing, the consoles are as follows

ps3 < wii < xbox360

The 360 basically has a liscensing monopoly. Especially considering the next Final Fantasy and Resident Evil are coming to the 360. GTA4 came out for the 360 at the same time as ps3. Xbox's online service is better and more stable (which is why they charge a monthly fee).

But in all honesty PC > all cuz pretty much every game that comes out on a console comes out on pc as well. You can use 360 controller on the pc now, you have more options regarding video quality. I dunno about the ps3 but the wii and 360 and all consoles before it render the graphics at no higher than 800x600 resolution without hd.

As for expensive HD tv's. Goto gamestop or walmart or something. Buy the adapter that allows you to hook the 360 up to your LCD monitor you use for your comp. Goto console options and change the resolution to the reccomended for your LCD and see how HUGE the changes to video quality are.

Edit: I think the adapter works with CRT monitors as well but the only CRT monitors I've seen the cables that come with it cannot be removed by conventional methods so there's no actual way to hook it up to it. But I havent bought a new CRT in over 6 years so I cant be sure.

ManBearPig <ibis>
08-28-2008, 06:38 PM
What i want to do is get a flat screen and hook my computer up to it but also have my cable TV on it. Ill keep the monitor on my desk, but i want to have the choice of switching to the flat screen on the wall behind my computer. Anyone want to post good links that would give me the ability to do this.

deaf
08-28-2008, 09:16 PM
we (my clan) actually had a pretty good topic on it because i wanted to hook up my wii to my monitor in res so i dont hafta find a tv.
http://forums.foca-cs.com/index.php?showtopic=17833&pid=196214&st=0&#entry196214
check it out and hopefully you can find something you like

D-Monic
08-30-2008, 01:18 AM
yea i wanna play left 4 dead im all about some zombie shit:wtg: :pistols:

[IBIS Noob]Soy Sauce
09-02-2008, 01:21 AM
I love zombie games.
Zombie movies to.. like 28 days later and 28 weeks later... my favorite zombie movies ever..

Fish
09-02-2008, 03:56 AM
In terms of Quality games and 3rd party liscensing, the consoles are as follows

ps3 < wii < xbox360

ROFL!!! You cant be serious. I own a Wii and a PS3. The quality of games for any of the 3 is debate at best since people like different things. I dont care for COD 4352623456 or whichever one it is on. Halo 1 and 2 sucked balls IMO so why play 3?? I also liked it better when it was called Unreal Tournament. Nintendo cant get third party support to save its life. People dont want to program for it. Some dont want to program for PS3 either since it is more difficult due to its superior setup. MS got the head start with the 360 (really shows when you look at fail rate doesnt it?) and developers got comfy.

The 360 basically has a liscensing monopoly. Especially considering the next Final Fantasy and Resident Evil are coming to the 360. GTA4 came out for the 360 at the same time as ps3. Xbox's online service is better and more stable (which is why they charge a monthly fee).

MS is trying to buy everything. It bought the DLC for GTA4, however failed at releasing it. It will be out next year. WOohoo. I beat it 2 weeks after I bought it and havent touched it since. After playing MGS4 I dont care to. Also, FF is still being developed as a PS3 exclusive then going to be ported over later. But also do not forget, Square is releasing another version for PS3 that will have more content then the standard and that IS a PS3 exclusive. Sony also has dedicated servers for its online where as MS does not. Sonys online is getting better. With the release of Home, MS will really have to think of something to keep up.

But in all honesty PC > all cuz pretty much every game that comes out on a console comes out on pc as well. You can use 360 controller on the pc now, you have more options regarding video quality. I dunno about the ps3 but the wii and 360 and all consoles before it render the graphics at no higher than 800x600 resolution without hd.

Alot of games do come to PC, but not all of them. None of the Metal Gear games have ever come to PC. I dont think Kojima cares to port it to anything else. He has been in bed with sony since 98 when he released MGS1 on PSX. I dont know what the res is on PS3 without HD, so I cannot answer that.

As for expensive HD tv's. Goto gamestop or walmart or something. Buy the adapter that allows you to hook the 360 up to your LCD monitor you use for your comp. Goto console options and change the resolution to the reccomended for your LCD and see how HUGE the changes to video quality are.

This is a good idea, but I also use my PS3 as a DVD player since it upconverts standard DVDs along with playing blu rays. It DOES make a difference with standard. Im not watching a movie on my 17 or 19 inch monitor. Might as well fap it to a 1980s playboy.

PS3 has no games coming out. And The Star Wars game is out also for Xbox 360?

PS3 has quite a few games coming out that have sparked my interest. IMO, Id say 360 doesnt have any exclusives that catch my eye.

And yeah, I prefer the 360. I have a 360 Elite... the games on the 360 are better than PS3 games. PS3 has better graphics but they have no games. Live for PS3 is free but it's shit... compared to 360 Live. Also, I prefer the 360 Controller over the PS3 controller (Six-Axis). The Six Axis controller weighs like 1/10 of a pound and feels like cheap plastic. The dual shock is heavier and feels better but I still prefer the 360 Controller. The major difference (In my eyes) is that the 360 has better games then PS3.

4 months ago when I was researching next gen consoles, I looked at elites and PS3s. The two big concerns were games, and overall strength of the system. I am more of an RPG player and dont really care to play war games. That is what CS is for me. MGS4, Final Fantasy, and the ability to play my Chrono Trigger for PS1 really sparked my interest for games. It was a no brainer for the game department. Online, meh. I have a computer. Ive done games on PSN (MGS and GTA) and they were fun, but nothing really kept me coming back. The six axis controler is just what I want it to be. light and sturdy. I have 3 of them so I actually was trying to bend and break one to see how much abuse it could take. Still works to this day. I am not a fan of MS controllers, although they have gotten better. (you can tell who designed the dreamcast controller when MS and Sega teamed up. LOL) Sony has also released the trophy system for games as well so its up to the developers to get rewards online now.

FABLE 2 comes out October 21st. I'm going to pre-order the game and I'm gonna wait outside when it comes out. My favourite game of all time = Fable: The Lost Chapters.

Never played Fable, but I heard it was a decent game.

Xbox Live is like 8.99 for 1 month or something and 59.99 for 1 year... I can't quite remember... but it is pretty cheap.

That is cheap, but its just another MS expense. As Zero and others stated. PC online is free. :icon_mrgreen:

Another touchy subject that 360 owners hate being brought up is fail rate. That was part of my second biggest concern with a new gen console. The red ring of death (RRoD) rate is 40% on first run consoles. That is just out right wrong. If it was not for MS losing MILLIONS of dollars for the 3 year extended warranty, there would have been lawsuits. Im suprised no one has tried to think of a way around it. MS blamed the chips and said they would fix it. The new Falcon chipset does help it run cooler, but fail rate is still at a very unacceptable 25%. If I want to experience a failure, I want it to be my fault cause I was attempting to mod the console. MS shot themselves in the foot by releasing their console a year early. They thought they could get a huge head start and didnt worry about long term testing. They would have realized that the case itself is a problem with heat. It has nowhere to go. Now, Nintendo has flown by MS sales, and Sony is catching up. Great move MS.

To finish this mini novel, Ill touch on HDD space. Since Xbox is bound by the laws of Bill Gates, the only way to have a big HDD is to either buy the elite, or purchase a MS HDD for a stupid amount of money. Or, do what I did. Bought a used 40 gig PS3 for $350 and not be worried about a failure. Then purchase a 250 gig SATA 2.5 laptop HD for $80, spend 3 minutes installing, wala. Over twice the HD space of an elite, and still cheaper. Sony put the PS3s OS on a separate internal drive so no software installing required. The PS takes care of the rest.

To the OP, since you have an original Xbox, find a mod chip and install a huge HDD in it and you can play emulators on it. Thats what I did with my original one. Had a crap load of NES, SNES, Genesis, even arcade games. You can also copy original Xbox games to the HDD and never need the disk again. Ran up a decent tab at Blockbuster doing that, but it was cheaper in the long run.

Steamer
09-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Not to mention useing it for a Media Center. ;)

D1lD0
09-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Of course not ALL games come out for the PC otherwise I wouldnt own a console.

Did you see G4's E3 coverage? I did...All I saw noteworthy for the ps3 was Infamous. For 360 they had GoW2 and Halo Wars (not an fps, an rts) and PLENTY more to list but its unnecessary.

Yeah, the 360's did have huge problems with them failing. I know this firsthand, a friend of mine has been through 2 360's now because of the red ring of death. But in his unlucky situation he couldnt get another replacement. But honestly, how many other people do yo uknow have been in that situation? Yeah it sucks being without your payed for 360 but its not like you're buying a brand new console with you money. You're getting a free replacements. So its not as devastating as you put on. Plus whether YOU as a ps3 owner want to admit or not ALL consoles have had problems with failures, although the 360 is the first to have this many issues.

But what do you expect? Its Microsoft. But I didnt buy the 360 because of Microsoft. I bought it because of the games, which is all that really matters, because a console with no games = basically a dvd player/paperweight/dreamcast. I'm GLAD MS is snatching up liscenses left and right, that gives me more variety as a customer rather than having to wait for the 2-3 blockbuster titles that are exclusive to the ps3. I'd rather have accesss to the 100's of ports AND 3-5 blockbuster exclusives that come out for the xbox360

Really, it just comes down to what kinda gamer you are, and where your loyalties lie.

I agreed with everything else you said tho.

Btw, anyone else jizzing their pants in anticipation for Fallout 3? If so, I have another suggestion for you. Pick up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. its buggy as fuck (at least when i was playing it about a year ago), and short, but it still manages to be an extremely fun and addictive game. Plus I know by now there's a ton of mods and patches out that improve the gameplay even more. I'd even call it a must-have title.

I can smell the mating scent of Spore too...right around the corner muhfuckahs....

To the OP, since you have an original Xbox, find a mod chip and install a huge HDD in it and you can play emulators on it. Thats what I did with my original one. Had a crap load of NES, SNES, Genesis, even arcade games. You can also copy original Xbox games to the HDD and never need the disk again. Ran up a decent tab at Blockbuster doing that, but it was cheaper in the long run.

I had a friend who did the same with his xbox, fucking awesome. But what I'm wondering is if its possible to do this with the 360 now. All searches I've done have turned up nothing but I'm hoping that'll change with time. I admit, I bootleg like a motherfucker (must be the black in me). And would love to be able to DL 360 games as well as pc for a change.

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-03-2008, 05:18 AM
Halo wars is going to be fucking insane. I have been waiting for that game for a long time.

Fish
09-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I had a friend who did the same with his xbox, fucking awesome. But what I'm wondering is if its possible to do this with the 360 now. All searches I've done have turned up nothing but I'm hoping that'll change with time. I admit, I bootleg like a motherfucker (must be the black in me). And would love to be able to DL 360 games as well as pc for a change.

Must be the mexican in me. LOL. You should see my movie and Wii game collection. That is chipped as well. Id do the same to the PS3, but blu ray media alone isnt worth it quite yet. The burners are fucking expensive.

As far as failures, every system has little quirks. However, IIRC the biggest failrate before 360 was a measly 5% at best. Then MS took that record with force. Sure DVD drives will fail along with HDDs, but that is over time. A console with a design flaw is not something to be proud of. Plus what is gonna happen when that magical 3 year RRoD warranty expires?? The problem isnt fixed.

Thats like saying when you buy a new car, its ok you need to replace the engine every 6 months or so cause the company didnt think about overheating issues and you boil through gaskets and mix coolant and oil thus ruining the bottom end. Its ok, cause the engine is getting replaced. Well, it shouldnt be happening in the first place.

Steamer
09-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Im playing SPORE atm, Its pretty good and fun. Over exagerated, but good none the less. Gotta love leaked games. =P ......now if only I could get an extremely early copy of Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2... now that would be AWESOME!

How can you not think about Overheating Issues lmfoa....

I dont own a 360 but from what I have heard and seen, isn't it possible to back up games and use it as a media center just like the xbox? Don't you have to do away with LIVE or someshit though? Theres tons of 360 images floating around so im pretty sure is 100% possible.

+Project.S+
09-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Of course not ALL games come out for the PC otherwise I wouldnt own a console.

Did you see G4's E3 coverage? I did...All I saw noteworthy for the ps3 was Infamous. For 360 they had GoW2 and Halo Wars (not an fps, an rts) and PLENTY more to list but its unnecessary.

Yeah, the 360's did have huge problems with them failing. I know this firsthand, a friend of mine has been through 2 360's now because of the red ring of death. But in his unlucky situation he couldnt get another replacement. But honestly, how many other people do yo uknow have been in that situation? Yeah it sucks being without your payed for 360 but its not like you're buying a brand new console with you money. You're getting a free replacements. So its not as devastating as you put on. Plus whether YOU as a ps3 owner want to admit or not ALL consoles have had problems with failures, although the 360 is the first to have this many issues.

But what do you expect? Its Microsoft. But I didnt buy the 360 because of Microsoft. I bought it because of the games, which is all that really matters, because a console with no games = basically a dvd player/paperweight/dreamcast. I'm GLAD MS is snatching up liscenses left and right, that gives me more variety as a customer rather than having to wait for the 2-3 blockbuster titles that are exclusive to the ps3. I'd rather have accesss to the 100's of ports AND 3-5 blockbuster exclusives that come out for the xbox360

Really, it just comes down to what kinda gamer you are, and where your loyalties lie.

I agreed with everything else you said tho.

Btw, anyone else jizzing their pants in anticipation for Fallout 3? If so, I have another suggestion for you. Pick up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. its buggy as fuck (at least when i was playing it about a year ago), and short, but it still manages to be an extremely fun and addictive game. Plus I know by now there's a ton of mods and patches out that improve the gameplay even more. I'd even call it a must-have title.

I can smell the mating scent of Spore too...right around the corner muhfuckahs....

rotflmao dreamcast, that was funny

Dual
09-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Console are not worth it too me, I take a gaming pc anytime.Did you ever see the farcry version for 360. Its graphics are horrible, This game came on pc in 2004 and Still look beautiful on PC. Lets see how crysis looks on 360, I Highly doubt it will look that great.

Fish
09-04-2008, 04:44 AM
rotflmao dreamcast, that was funny

The dreamcast was alot of fun and ahead of its time. Powerstone and SF3 FTW!

This is an interesting watch. The history of Dreamcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3NfgF08EQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e27kjhZXQqE&feature=related

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Console are not worth it too me, I take a gaming pc anytime.Did you ever see the farcry version for 360. Its graphics are horrible, This game came on pc in 2004 and Still look beautiful on PC. Lets see how crysis looks on 360, I Highly doubt it will look that great.

I think crysis will play better on a 360 though. It was just a weird FPS and i think its one of those that would be better for a console.

Dual
09-04-2008, 09:17 AM
I think crysis will play better on a 360 though. It was just a weird FPS and i think its one of those that would be better for a console.

I Find that very hard to believe.

Fish
09-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I Find that very hard to believe.

Concured. Current gen consoles are powerful, but they wont be as powerful as a PC with todays standard specs and a good video card.

Consoles are cheaper however. :wtg:

deaf
09-04-2008, 03:07 PM
consoles are cheaper because they only play games whereas a pc can do multiple things aside from gaming. their games also seem more expensive than pc games, though i havent really bought a console game in a while. the console is, however, a more social gaming system as in you can play with your buddies in the same room

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I didn't mean better as in graphics wise but as in gameplay control. It just seems like a game that was built for a 360, graphics aside. Its just a feeling i get.

Steamer
09-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I bet it will run alot smother though, after being raped for graphics and optimized primarily for a 360. Ran perfect on my PC so either way I could care less. For some reason I HATE playing FPS on consoles.... I don't know why... I just do lol.

Walter
09-04-2008, 06:24 PM
I didn't mean better as in graphics wise but as in gameplay control. It just seems like a game that was built for a 360, graphics aside. Its just a feeling i get.

There aren't really any shooters that I feel would control better on the 360 than the PC. You get more buttons and a faster more accurate mouse to use on the PC.

Dual
09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Don't get me wrong the 360 and PS3 Came along way in graphics in console..BuT if anyone ever seen a great game play on a gaming PC ..you will never play console again... The only games I will prefer on console are sport games.

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-04-2008, 07:41 PM
There aren't really any shooters that I feel would control better on the 360 than the PC. You get more buttons and a faster more accurate mouse to use on the PC.

Halo. I have played Halo on both Xbox (not 360) and PC and i have to say i did not like playing it on PC. Maybe thats because i learned how to play it on Xbox but it just didnt feel right.

Dual
09-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Halo. I have played Halo on both Xbox (not 360) and PC and i have to say i did not like playing it on PC. Maybe thats because i learned how to play it on Xbox but it just didnt feel right.

Halo was original a console game,To begin with.If they took there time to make it for pc I think it would have been better.How about counter strike for xbox...... SUCKS!

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
CSS would suck for a console because it takes to much precision aiming that a toggle just cannot give you.

Walter
09-04-2008, 10:57 PM

I'd still say it controls better on the PC. If a 2 teams played each other one on Xbox the other on PC, the PC team would have an edge.

ManBearPig <ibis>
09-05-2008, 05:17 AM
I'd still say it controls better on the PC. If a 2 teams played each other one on Xbox the other on PC, the PC team would have an edge.

I have always wanted to test that in a lan game. But i dont have the tech savvy to hook the stuff up.

Fish
09-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Ill give halo the edge on xbox just cause someone said it came out for that first. Kinda like Goldeneye for N64. I wouldnt be able to play it on a PC just cause I wasted years of my youth playing it on the 64.

iceofworm
09-08-2008, 03:23 PM
i got a xbox 360, i love it, got it hooked up to my 42 inch 1080p lcd and love playing gta online on xbox live...

its wel worth it if u get any games for online to have xbl { xbl - x box live}

like gta4 online is sick - racing and stealing cards vrs people - very fun..

and xbox has online gutiar hero play which is fun when bored lol

mirdot
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
It all comes down to what you like better. ME... I prefer the 360.

GG.

mirdot
09-08-2008, 04:28 PM
CSS would suck for a console because it takes to much precision aiming that a toggle just cannot give you.

That's why I don't play FPS games on a console.