PDA

View Full Version : Admin Respect Redux

NLA
04-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Well folks, Dennis (who I presume is dead now because I never see him in GG?) had it totally right when he first said it,

Admins --- You REALLY need to learn respect for each other because if you do not have respect for each other then how in the world will you be able to have respect for the players on our servers???

BTW,,, Have you all looked at the TOS, and rules that you "SAID" that you'd abide by when you undertook the admin position???

I think not because when I was in GG tonight I was absolutely sick to my stomach about the dissention commentary against each other that I could no longer play the game... That in itself is really pretty bad..

Reflect, take a breather, a small hiatus, or whatever, because if I see that shit happening in any server again, I will MOS DEF make a demo and ask the 'Z" to relook his administration and their lack of responsibility, because you set the MOST terrible example for any other players that there is to get more people to play on our servers by your total dissention toward each other that it is absolutely despicable!

There is no way any new system set forth by anyone is going to cure admin disrespect to other admins unless we take it seriously and make a point to start acting like admins in front of the players. It is one thing to be friendly and open to other admins in chat (Cry_Wolf you bi*ch! :o!) which a lot of players completely ignore as they play, but I think it is entirely another to be disrespectful over mic-chat, where everyone will hear it and it can not be ignored without intentional admin muting, which we should want to avoid anyway.

I think that in the least there should be an understanding promoted by ZERO and the clan that if you are continually disrespectful to other admins over mic-chat and in front of the players on a regular basis, you lose some powers. Keep doing it, lose admin. Part of being an admin is enforcing the rules for the players and another part is setting a good example for the server. In a way it is just like with children, set a bad example and they mimic you and become bad players with bad habits (racist remarks, mic-spamming).

We are losing a lot of good players from the server -- why? Apart from admin abuse, which is covered by the server rules and enforced by the clan, another reason is that admins who are openly and loudly disrespectful to each other make the server no fun to player in. A little humor is good. A little horseplay and tomfoolery is OK. But calling other admins bad admins (looking at you, Priest), calling out other admins with childish names while acting childish (looking at you, Autumn) is no way that Ibis server admins should act -- and if it is, I quit.

I know it is really asking a lot to ask all Ibis admins to stop being disrespectful to other admins -- even though it should not be -- but in the least can we all agree to restrict our being disrespectful to each other to text-chat instead of mic-spam? :headache:

Lets see if we can take baby steps towards better servers so we can attract more, better players that will stick around and want to buy admin at some point to keep their favorite server fun. :wtg:

Danimal Sheahon
04-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Well this must be just a GG server issue because on the Pub we dont have any of that.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-03-2011, 02:38 AM
i call people bad admins when they break the rules and are bad admins.

also notice it's only ever a few very specific admins that get called such. i say it not to try and lessen their respect in the server, but instead to get them to maybe become better. i wish that they'd get better too. i wished the entire time that people like kenneth, sinister, taz, etc... would all shape up and be less examples of failures and actual good admins. however, time and again such hopes were proven wrong.

tl;dr being less bad = not bad admin
~!priest

also, autumn says she hasn't played in game w/ you in over a month, and that the instance you're referring to is when there were 5 other admins on not including you, you were not senior admin, but started to make actions as if you were (map votes and such). don't start shit when she hasn't done anything wrong

NLA
04-03-2011, 03:46 PM
i call people bad admins when they break the rules and are bad admins.

also notice it's only ever a few very specific admins that get called such. i say it not to try and lessen their respect in the server, but instead to get them to maybe become better.

That is such a pile of PC crap. You are just a flat-out negative person and it shows when you admin the server: you leave the server (read: ragequit) when people vote for the more popular escape maps (deathstar, LOTR) because you are bad at them (your words, not mine) and whenever you do stick around you complain about it over mic-chat and intentionally make things less enjoyable for the players so that they learn their lesson about voting for the map (again, your words.) If players voted for the map, its what they want, and you have no right to try to ruin their fun time on the map just because you suck at it. Also, you have called me a bad admin over mic-chat multiple times even though I have never had an admin abuse thread against me in all the time I have been here, while Autumn has had them for years and will probably continue getting them.

also, autumn says she hasn't played in game w/ you in over a month, and that the instance you're referring to is when there were 5 other admins on not including you, you were not senior admin, but started to make actions as if you were (map votes and such).

Priest, if you kissed her ass any more your lips would turn brown. Autumn can come in here, use super-exclusive-and-special-blue text and be a smart-ass all by herself without sending someone else to do it for her. Apart from that, I was not referring to any one particular instance, I was referring to her personality as an admin in general. I had no intention of derailing an innocent Be Respectful to Other Admins thread to single out one admin, but apart from constantly mic-spamming with screaming and giggling and fellow-admin disrespect (the same kind that would get little kids muted instantly!) which I have demo'd, she has a short temper with people that do not just give in and indulge her personality and has had numerous, NUMEROUS admin abuse threads posted against her for years, both under Autumn and Chelsea, which makes

don't start shit when she hasn't done anything wrong

the funniest thing that I have read today. She is not the victim here; the victims are the ears of everyone on the server that has to endure her screaming and mic-spamming for all the time that she has been admin -- which leads me back to the reason I started this thread.

We should all just agree to leave the admin disrespect against each other to text-chat instead of spamming it over mic. And there should be consequences for doing otherwise on a regular basis. Give the ears of the players a break. Most of them do not pay any attention to chat. If we can at least grant the illusion that the server admins are decent folk, we might attract better, higher-quality players that might want to stick around and eventually buy admin for the right reasons instead of attracting mic-spammers and little kids that want to buy admin to change to their favorite map on their mommy's credit card like we do now. :violin:

acolyte_to_jippity
04-03-2011, 04:20 PM
T Also, you have called me a bad admin over mic-chat multiple times even though I have never had an admin abuse thread against me in all the time I have been here, while Autumn has had them for years and will probably continue getting them.

lol. you beat me to it with your edit, removing the prt saying that I and autumn have been getting abuse threads for years. i have recieved not one. ever.

Priest, if you kissed her ass any more your lips would turn brown. Autumn can come in here, use super-exclusive-and-special-blue text and be a smart-ass all by herself without sending someone else to do it for her. Apart from that, I was not referring to any one particular instance, I was referring to her personality as an admin in general. I had no intention of derailing an innocent Be Respectful to Other Admins thread to single out one admin, but apart from constantly mic-spamming with screaming and giggling and fellow-admin disrespect (the same kind that would get little kids muted instantly!) which I have demo'd, she has a short temper with people that do not just give in and indulge her personality and has had numerous, NUMEROUS admin abuse threads posted against her for years, both under Autumn and Chelsea, which makes

actually she can't. for some reason, zero restricted her posting privileges. thus, so that people didn't start bashing her w/out a way for her to respond, i conveyed her words. that's not called ass kissing, it's called friendship. try some some time. if you want, i could put any future post i make from her in the blue text, to clear up any confusion.

the funniest thing that I have read today. She is not the victim here; the victims are the ears of everyone on the server that has to endure her screaming and mic-spamming for all the time that she has been admin -- which leads me back to the reason I started this thread.

We should all just agree to leave the admin disrespect against each other to text-chat instead of spamming it over mic. And there should be consequences for doing otherwise on a regular basis. Give the ears of the players a break. Most of them do not pay any attention to chat. If we can at least grant the illusion that the server admins are decent folk, we might attract better, higher-quality players that might want to stick around and eventually buy admin for the right reasons instead of attracting mic-spammers and little kids that want to buy admin to change to their favorite map on their mommy's credit card like we do now.

if the players' ears need breaks, then tell them to lodge a complaint. because i know that whenever me or autumn is in server, we converse and have good times with damn near everyone. not one ever speaks up and asks for a bit of quiet. the ONLY time someone ever does is when i'm playing music, in which case i stop it immediately. thus, you can't even say that it's fear of telling an admin to shut up, if they'll tell me to do so when i'm playing music. so i tell you this: bring them here. no actions can be taken in-server for what happens on the forums, and i keep that rule. they come here, post in this topic complaining about me, then i will listen. if my actions are causing such pain for our regulars, then i welcome their input.

now, about this inter-admin disrespect, fine. i'l try to keep it to text, preferably admin only. however, if there is something blatantly wrong happening, i will without hesitation call that person out on it.

NLA
04-03-2011, 04:32 PM
lol. you beat me to it with your edit, removing the prt saying that I and autumn have been getting abuse threads for years. i have recieved not one. ever.

lol yeah when I was typing that all up I really thought I had seen one or two threads for you, but then I checked a minute or so afterward and nope, clean slate. :wtg:

actually she can't. for some reason, zero restricted her posting privileges. thus, so that people didn't start bashing her w/out a way for her to respond, i conveyed her words. that's not called ass kissing, it's called friendship. try some some time. if you want, i could put any future post i make from her in the blue text, to clear up any confusion.

:eek: I did not know that. But between you and me we both know that you do a lot of ass-kissing in the server. Even good friends do not need to tell each other how awesome they are all time. Because that is not friendship, that is ass-to-mouth. :p

if the players' ears need breaks, then tell them to lodge a complaint. because i know that whenever me or autumn is in server, we converse and have good times with damn near everyone. not one ever speaks up and asks for a bit of quiet. the ONLY time someone ever does is when i'm playing music, in which case i stop it immediately. thus, you can't even say that it's fear of telling an admin to shut up, if they'll tell me to do so when i'm playing music. so i tell you this: bring them here. no actions can be taken in-server for what happens on the forums, and i keep that rule. they come here, post in this topic complaining about me, then i will listen. if my actions are causing such pain for our regulars, then i welcome their input.

IMO your music is fine and I do not have any memory of it bothering players, so :wtg:, but Autumn is a different story. I have been in the server plenty of times when players have complained about it, she interprets it as disrespect, it becomes a mute/kick/ban/abuse thread/locked thread/cycle continues. None of that was particularly aimed at you.

now, about this inter-admin disrespect, fine. i'l try to keep it to text, preferably admin only. however, if there is something blatantly wrong happening, i will without hesitation call that person out on it.

Great! :icon_mrgreen:

maynard
04-03-2011, 06:16 PM
for some reason, zero restricted her posting privileges.

her posting privs have been restricted due 2 constant disrespect towards clan members

Danimal Sheahon
04-03-2011, 07:09 PM
her posting privs have been restricted due 2 constant disrespect towards clan members

which is what i think NLA was getting at. From what i have seen on these forums and from what Maynard just said, it seems like she is a rather disrespectful and immature person. but i cant speculate, i dont know first hand. My suggestion is to fuckin add eachother on steam and bitch it out over that. a couple times i did the wrong thing and pissed Stalin off, he sent me a message VIA steam chat and that was the end of it.

You're here to uphold the IBIS name. by bickering ingame it makes IBIS look bad and thats just fucked up. It makes IBIS look like a bunch of little kids that need Mommy and Daddy(Zero and the IBIS clan members) to look after them and Maynard said in a thread i posted, we dont babysit our admins, they can do the job or they cant. and aparently they cant.

StarsMine
04-03-2011, 08:19 PM

you and I both know that it wasnt just her fault in alot of those situations. Not saying she didnt make it worse.

On the topic of the thread, No admin should be publicly dissing other admins... Unless that other admin really fucked up and everyone knows it.
Keep your arguments out of the server. If you need a 3rd person in the argument beacuse both of you basterds are two pissy to think straight, go ahead and post here. Most people in the server don t read the forums, and those of us who do often love some good drama :smirk:

Danimal Sheahon
04-03-2011, 08:28 PM
and those of us who do often love some good drama :smirk:

:smirk: agreed

maynard
04-03-2011, 10:06 PM
you and I both know that it wasnt just her fault in alot of those situations. Not saying she didnt make it worse.

wasn't just about her and NYS and past dramas, it's about all the frequent recent ones She did start, which also included a forum signature that displays her personal hate and disgust for NYS... and the shit she pulled with myself and vlad. if she was not at fault, zero would have not revoked her right 2 post.

{On-Topic}
if people have a problem with each other it's simple, dish it out on steam and if you can't come 2 an agreement then don't talk 2 each other at all unless 100% needed. don't try and solve issues in the servers and make every 1 else listen 2 the crap, it makes the community look bad.

people aren't always going 2 get along, but that's no reason 2 make the community or yourselfs look bad.

Rage
04-04-2011, 07:48 AM
He brought up a good point....

WHERE THE FUCK IS DENNIS!?!?!?!?

elpolloloco
04-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Well this must be just a GG server issue because on the Pub we dont have any of that.

NaaAAaaa never :)

Gaming definately brings out the worst in people, even if you're a good person. I don't think we're immune to that in the Pub. But I'd like to think most of us in the Pub are man-enough to apologize sooner than later just to have everything cordial again.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-04-2011, 04:55 PM
He brought up a good point....

WHERE THE FUCK IS DENNIS!?!?!?!?

this is true.

maynard
04-04-2011, 04:56 PM
this is true.

maybe he doesn't love us anymore:mini triste:

acolyte_to_jippity
04-04-2011, 05:02 PM
maybe he doesn't love us anymore:mini triste:

never mind. i think i found him.

old guy
woodlands
loves guns
IS AWESOME

5Pa0hNyLAG4&

taz1stP
04-05-2011, 01:56 AM
dam that was my hawin punch

NLA
04-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Dear Priest,

Can you please abstain from having it be that I join the server and you announce over mic chat "OK EVERYONE THE DUMBASS ADMIN HAS SHOWN UP YOU'RE IN HIS DUMBASS HANDS NOW" and leave. I thought we were pretty clear on Page 1. lol. :headache:

Ness

sic
10-08-2011, 04:00 AM
I definitely agree. I am in-fact in the process of trying to buy admin because of a certain unnamed DJ Mikey always coming in the server, completely disrespecting me, and then telling me all about how hes gonna ban me for disrespecting him back. Also, he has kicked me for false reasons and then threatened to ban me for being disrespectful when I call him out on it, obviously pist and foul mouthed because he is drunk and abusing admin. I am sure this isnt the first time though.

Spasm
10-08-2011, 06:05 AM
I definitely agree. I am in-fact in the process of trying to buy admin because of a certain unnamed DJ Mikey always coming in the server, completely disrespecting me, and then telling me all about how hes gonna ban me for disrespecting him back. Also, he has kicked me for false reasons and then threatened to ban me for being disrespectful when I call him out on it, obviously pist and foul mouthed because he is drunk and abusing admin. I am sure this isnt the first time though.

Normally I don't get in this, but I was there, yes mikey was being a dick because he was drinking, but you were being one right back. He could have banned you easily and had every right but he didn't. If you have problems with an admin you post an abuse thread, you don't start insulting him back in game, easy way to get banned or muted. If you had laid off the disrespecting on him, I would have personally muted him, but you didn't.

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
10-08-2011, 10:34 AM

There are a good few people in this community who don't really seem to know how behave around others. Many regulars, several admins. This kind of behaviour rarely has consequences, particularly not if the petulant individual is an admin, but you can be certain that if you get even slightly heated when calling them out on it, you'll be banned for "disrespect."

If you have a problem with the way an admin behaves, just ignore them. Then post a thread with a demo and a description of your issue. The post another dozen similar threads, and someone might take action. It probably won't be the kind of action you were looking for, though.

Just don't joust dicks with anyone. That's a pretty stupid thing to do.

sic
10-08-2011, 11:16 AM
There are a good few people in this community who don't really seem to know how behave around others. Many regulars, several admins. This kind of behaviour rarely has consequences, particularly not if the petulant individual is an admin, but you can be certain that if you get even slightly heated when calling them out on it, you'll be banned for "disrespect."

If you have a problem with the way an admin behaves, just ignore them. Then post a thread with a demo and a description of your issue. The post another dozen similar threads, and someone might take action. It probably won't be the kind of action you were looking for, though.

Just don't joust dicks with anyone. That's a pretty stupid thing to do.
I hear you, its just hard to avoid when they are belligerent, rude, mic spamming, and kicking me for "ghosting" while im still alive, because they just want to fucking kick me. But ya, no cock jousting. Ill try that next time.

Nemesis
10-08-2011, 11:37 AM
yes mikey was being a dick because he was drinking, but you were being one right back. He could have banned you easily

This here is what i have a problem with. Admins can come in and do whatever the fuck they want and berate anyone, which is fine, but they should forfeit their right to ban for disrespect when they start it.

We need to stop fighting amongst ourselves and focus on the real problem here: Black People.

Tickle Me Emo
10-08-2011, 02:19 PM
This here is what i have a problem with. Admins can come in and do whatever the fuck they want and berate anyone, which is fine, but they should forfeit their right to ban for disrespect when they start it.

We need to stop fighting amongst ourselves and focus on the real problem here: Black People.

I think some admins have forgotten that they, too, have to follow the rules, and one of the rules is as follows:

VII. Respect

Chikun
10-08-2011, 04:18 PM
"He who demands respect without returning it is a tyrant."

But I still love Mikey when he's drunk. Reminds me of someone I know of :rolleyes:.

taz1stP
10-09-2011, 02:15 PM
yoshi needs to learn respect for reg players and learn what goes as disrespect.