PDA

View Full Version : Stamp <ibis.a>

Oasis
08-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Admin's INGAME name: GZ-ZM Stamp <ibis.a>
You're INGAME name: Oasis

How did he/she abuse (See TOS): I got muted for telling jojo to shut the hell up when she's singing some shitty disney song that nobody gives a shit about (she never shut up btw). Reason I got muted was because, stamp's rule is you have to ask jojo nicely or to shut up or you get muted, that rule only applies to her I guess. I've been seeing jojo get off the hook a shit load of times, tbh i'm sick of this shit and i'd fucking like to see some change.

Proof (Proof is NEEDED in order to report abuse, if the abuse contains admin commands and chat only a date and time is needed; however, a screen shot or console copy is helpful):

mkII
08-28-2008, 10:00 PM

How did he/she abuse (See TOS): I got muted for telling jojo to shut the hell up when she's singing some shitty disney song that nobody gives a shit about (she never shut up btw). Reason I got muted was because, stamp's rule is you have to ask jojo nicely or to shut up or you get muted, that rule only applies to her I guess. I've been seeing jojo get off the hook a shit load of times, tbh i'm sick of this shit and i'd fucking like to see some change.

Proof (Proof is NEEDED in order to report abuse, if the abuse contains admin commands and chat only a date and time is needed; however, a screen shot or console copy is helpful):

While I don't have any interest in siding on this one particular instance, I can agree that jojo's young age and the fact that she is a girl (or high voice?) does let her get away with more than others. If it were a young boy telling people off (which she has done before) and singing into a mic (which I have heard her do a few times) I'm fairly certain he would be muted. The novelty of her talking has quickly worn off, and hearing her talk constantly in a mic gets annoying. I feel like some people defend her because of her age, and in real life that would be perfect, but on counterstrike she shouldn't get any special treatment. Sure, it isn't a huge problem, I can live with it. But at times it can be bothersome to myself, and as I'm starting to see, others too.

-Just my thoughts on the jojo situation.

deaf
08-28-2008, 10:20 PM
she does get away with insulting the whole server because it is funny, however it does get old and insulting after a while

Vladninja
08-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Has anyone tried PM ing Stamp about this? Hes normally a fair guy... And is this really abuse? Sounds like your real problems with JoJo...

Stamp
08-28-2008, 11:07 PM

I was going by Zero's post a few months ago. Respect. The reason I muted you was because you simply said "Shut the fuck up jojo". Besides the fact, I un-muted you almost immediately after I had muted you. There was absolutely no reason for you to just blatantly swear at someone about something so mundane as singing on a mic, whether it's a kid or someone else.

--> http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422 <--
(This is the post I'm referring to)

You guys wonder why she goes off on torrents of screaming swear words and bullshit? She's a fucking kid. Tell her to shut the fuck up, she'll start going off on you or she'll just be more annoying.

You can ask jojo or ask Zero to check the logs. I've muted jojo several times in the past. Just show some fucking respect and common human decency to your fellow players, it might get you somewhere, Oasis. I didn't make up a rule saying you had to ask her nicely, but to just flat out say shut the fuck up isn't prudent, especially with a kid. What happened when she was signing? Did she stop when you said "shut the fuck up jojo"? No. After I muted you, I did an admin say "jojo, please stop singing." Poof. Her singing ended.

As for jojo getting away with shit, it doesn't happen if I'm playing. It's not my place to be biased and say I don't like her, but honestly I don't like her. I mute her as a last resort because all that does it just provoke her.

It's similar to people playing HLSS sounds. If anyone has a problem with it, type it or say it. I'll mute them if they don't respect your playing time and stop.

+Project.S+
08-28-2008, 11:10 PM
prob solved. stamps fair. end of story.

gnight everyone!!!

scorpion king 2 is sick!

mkII
08-28-2008, 11:15 PM

gnight everyone!!!

scorpion king 2 is sick!

Scorpion King 2 looks horrible therefore I won't even bother watching it over the internet.

But yea, I wasn't taking sides either way, just that I wish jojo were able to hear her own voice on a mic. Maybe then, she would understand what our ears need to endure when she rages.

Vladninja
08-28-2008, 11:17 PM

gnight everyone!!!

scorpion king 2 is sick!

Well there you have it... Project S should be official IBIS referee!

ManBearPig <ibis>
08-28-2008, 11:18 PM
It was good. Coulda been better if they had used a midget replica of The Rock, but we cant all have perfection.

Dual
08-29-2008, 04:07 AM
It was good. Coulda been better if they had used a midget replica of The Rock, but we cant all have perfection.

I Shut that movie off, in the middle of it, It got real corny.:assault:

Walter
08-29-2008, 04:53 AM
I was going by Zero's post a few months ago. Respect. The reason I muted you was because you simply said "Shut the fuck up jojo". Besides the fact, I un-muted you almost immediately after I had muted you. There was absolutely no reason for you to just blatantly swear at someone about something so mundane as singing on a mic, whether it's a kid or someone else.

--> http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422 <--
(This is the post I'm referring to)

You guys wonder why she goes off on torrents of screaming swear words and bullshit? She's a fucking kid. Tell her to shut the fuck up, she'll start going off on you or she'll just be more annoying.

You can ask jojo or ask Zero to check the logs. I've muted jojo several times in the past. Just show some fucking respect and common human decency to your fellow players, it might get you somewhere, Oasis. I didn't make up a rule saying you had to ask her nicely, but to just flat out say shut the fuck up isn't prudent, especially with a kid. What happened when she was signing? Did she stop when you said "shut the fuck up jojo"? No. After I muted you, I did an admin say "jojo, please stop singing." Poof. Her singing ended.

As for jojo getting away with shit, it doesn't happen if I'm playing. It's not my place to be biased and say I don't like her, but honestly I don't like her. I mute her as a last resort because all that does it just provoke her.

It's similar to people playing HLSS sounds. If anyone has a problem with it, type it or say it. I'll mute them if they don't respect your playing time and stop.

Mic spamming is against the server rules. Why does a rule breaker have to be asked nicely? Spamming shouldn't have happened to begin so you shouldn't need to show respect.

Baliame
08-29-2008, 05:44 AM
Jojo does seem to get special treatment, I don't really know why though. Respect is one thing, but extreme annoyance is another, you can't expect people to act rationally when the person whom they have a problem with is acting irrationally as well.

(Although I do have to admit Oasis has little to no respect :P)

deprodigy
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
if this liitle kid is always ranting & swearing.... do onto others as they do to you.

shut the fuck up jojo....

Nato
08-29-2008, 03:45 PM
This is why i mute her when she does that shit. Sick of it, and i was in there under a hidden name, she should have been muted several times, and everyone was telling her to stfu, it shouldn't have mattered how he said it seeing as how no action was taken against her. But if i had muted her, there is always one admin that is mad and always naggs on me to unmute her, sick of dealing with it tbh...

But like they said, Stamp is a fair admin, and it is a tricky situation because on one hand, she is funny, but on the other she can be really annoying

mirdot
08-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Well I believe that an 11 year old girl shouldn't even be playing CS:S but who cares, I bet her parents don't.

And yeah, she shouldn't get special privileges just because she is younger, it's her choice to play on a server with players who range in age. She plays on this server at her own will, meaning she knows that people will swear and will be rude. But then again, it's just a fucking game... as far as respect is concerned... it isn't really necessary. If you have respect towards players than that's fine... if you don't that should be fine too. Just don't go off on the players that annoy you.

Just my two cents. LOL.

And yeah we got way off topic with the Scorpion King 2... the movie so good that it went straight to Blu Ray? LOL.

iceofworm
08-29-2008, 07:34 PM
stamo is a fiar admin, i enjoy my time in server with him... jojo is a real annoyance, i dont even join if its in the server...

i wish there was a way to auto mute her..

i also will say that she gets speical treatment. and other people have suffered for it..

i personaly have muted jojo over 2 dozen times. and have honestly thought about banning the payer due to the constant headaches i due to her.
also am sick of the treatment she gets.. all players need a even playing feild..
if its ok to say stfu to one person - its ok to say it to all people...

+Project.S+
08-29-2008, 07:53 PM
im a girl, therefore corny is alright. lol

Stamp
08-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Mic spamming is against the server rules. Why does a rule breaker have to be asked nicely? Spamming shouldn't have happened to begin so you shouldn't need to show respect.

Honestly, I drone everyone out. The mic spam only gets me when I see some jackass's mic pop up 30 times on my screen and the ambience coming from said pop-up never changes.

That's why I didn't notice it at first, but I noticed when Oasis yelled shut the fuck up in his mic.

Look at it this way. Every time, at least in my witness, someone has told jojo to even so simply "shut up", what happens? She does exactly what you would expect a person under the age of 18 to do. "I'm not going to shut up, you shut up." To me, that's escalating the situation. When they berate her with that constant torment, all it does is continue to escalate the situation until she has an outburst on someone. To me, that's unreasonable. You can't expect her to take those words as a responsible and reasonable "adult" would. Now it's not my place to criticize her parents, so I'm not going to. It's their choice to allow her to play the game. Not my kid, not my problem.

iceofworm
08-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Honestly, I drone everyone out. The mic spam only gets me when I see some jackass's mic pop up 30 times on my screen and the ambience coming from said pop-up never changes.

That's why I didn't notice it at first, but I noticed when Oasis yelled shut the fuck up in his mic.

Look at it this way. Every time, at least in my witness, someone has told jojo to even so simply "shut up", what happens? She does exactly what you would expect a person under the age of 18 to do. "I'm not going to shut up, you shut up." To me, that's escalating the situation. When they berate her with that constant torment, all it does is continue to escalate the situation until she has an outburst on someone. To me, that's unreasonable. You can't expect her to take those words as a responsible and reasonable "adult" would. Now it's not my place to criticize her parents, so I'm not going to. It's their choice to allow her to play the game. Not my kid, not my problem.

well said, tho i would have muted both people but thats my view worth exactly 13 cents

Stamp
08-30-2008, 02:29 AM
well said, tho i would have muted both people but thats my view worth exactly 13 cents

lol, at least it's worth something.

mirdot
08-30-2008, 02:40 AM
Can I change the value of my post to one dollar =/?

Baliame
08-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Now if the situation is escalated, just mute Jojo really, that makes her shut up.

Stamp
08-30-2008, 05:33 AM
Can I change the value of my post to one dollar =/?

Only if you offer a ZJ.

Now if the situation is escalated, just mute Jojo really, that makes her shut up.

Exactly. Pardon me for clarifying this, I'm MP in the Army. My natural reaction to everything is de-escalation. Why instigate something, when I can pacify it...?

Walter
08-30-2008, 06:25 AM

She is still breaking the rules. Why punish Oasis but not jojo? Does that make it ok for me to mic spam then when you're in the server? Just treat everyone the same.

MafiaMatic
08-30-2008, 06:43 AM
JoJo is only funny for the first 15minutes-30minutes then she gets annoying. although i havent seen her on when i play. I know ive muted her a couple times because of her foul mouth... although it doesnt help that everyone else is mic spamming stfu jojo or why are you playing kid. But after she gets muted she starts talking to us by changing her name... lol, or at least the times ive seen her muted. Anyways, Nobody should receive special treatment although we all know we do it once and a while because they are our friend or we just think its halarious.

Stamp
08-30-2008, 11:02 AM
She is still breaking the rules. Why punish Oasis but not jojo? Does that make it ok for me to mic spam then when you're in the server? Just treat everyone the same.

Because, as Mafia even stated. All it does is provoke her to find different ways to express herself. (changing name, leaving server to avoid the mute [I know, punishable...], etc).

It's like I said before, I muted him, and almost immediately unmuted him..

Baliame
08-30-2008, 12:30 PM
She can only change names like 3 times until she gets locked off, that shouldn't be a problem. If she does avoid mute, just treat her like an average mute avoider. I think everyone will be relieved :)

Stamp
08-30-2008, 12:47 PM
She can only change names like 3 times until she gets locked off, that shouldn't be a problem. If she does avoid mute, just treat her like an average mute avoider. I think everyone will be relieved :)

I haven't had that problem yet. ["I know, punishable..."] (Meaning I know it's a punishable offense, no reason for someone to re-iterate the idea).

And I'm getting sick and tired of some of the shit that I'm seeing coming out of peoples mouths in server about the topic. With Zero's permission, I'm banning the next moron that uses my name in sexual reference to anyone, let alone the said individual. First off, its fucking disgusting. She's a kid, I don't give a flying fuck about her, nor do I give a rat's ass about you, Oasis. Secondly, if you're that immature to think up something stupid like that, you need a reality check. Step out into the sun for more than 3 minutes.

mirdot
08-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Stamp touched me.

I think this problem is... solved?

Oasis
08-31-2008, 06:38 AM
Stamp, if she changes her name, you can always check the steam ID's that come in the server. Obviously whenever she gets muted, the next person or the second one that comes in will be here, check their steam ID's if they match then ban her for a few minutes.

And, i'm not really going to go into a flame war with you because i'm not in the mood, I did kind've act immature, but my point stands, jojo needs to stop getting special privleges.

-=NYS=- C.O.
08-31-2008, 06:43 AM
Because, as Mafia even stated. All it does is provoke her to find different ways to express herself. (changing name, leaving server to avoid the mute [I know, punishable...], etc).

It's like I said before, I muted him, and almost immediately unmuted him..

If she goes around the mute that is cause for a ban.

ZERO
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
The question here was the right of the admin to mute this player. I would say this this was on the line but regardless it was clearly for a very short time. A time so short that is should not even be worth mentioning. While I do understand the logic that a child needs to be handled differently from adults or teens in this game she still needs to be punished when her outbursts become too flamboyant.