PDA

View Full Version : Anime!!!!!

Danimal Sheahon
04-09-2011, 05:37 AM
so lately ive been bored and on netflix and ive been blowing up its anime content.
so far ive watch:
Trigun
Ninja Scroll
Kaze no Stigma
and im working on Darker than black.

although ive already watched ALL of trigun before, its a fantastic show and felt like watching it again.
Kaze no Stigma was fantastic too and Darker than Black is turning out to be vary interesting.
anyone know of other websites i can go and watch anime from?
i really love Mobile Suit Gundam. the originals tho. nothing that has to do with Wing or Seed or anything. all UC stuff like 08th MS Team and Zeta Gundam and 0082 and 0083. i would love to watch all those all over agian.

StarsMine
04-09-2011, 11:29 AM
your choice in gundam shows is highly likeable :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
04-09-2011, 12:33 PM
:sigh:

wing is fucking incredible, as is 00. seed got retarded, and G was horrible. the original was pretty bad, i haven't seen Z, ZZ, or V, turn A sucked, X was ok, and Unicorn is great.

BUT, UC isn't the only good kind. wing and 00 are two of the greatest shows i've seen

Danimal Sheahon
04-09-2011, 03:00 PM
:sigh:

wing is fucking incredible, as is 00. seed got retarded, and G was horrible. the original was pretty bad, i haven't seen Z, ZZ, or V, turn A sucked, X was ok, and Unicorn is great.

BUT, UC isn't the only good kind. wing and 00 are two of the greatest shows i've seen

ok. Wing is decent. i rememmber watching endless watlz and some of the TV show. it just seemed too....idk... corny. 5 or 6 gundam taking on EVERYTHING. wasnt realistic. seed and 00 are gay. all about these winey kids. or tahts what it seemed like. yes G is gay. Z and ZZ were really good. i just wanna know how you could think the originial sucked..... It started the whole gundam everything. from wing to 00 to seed and G and turn a and all that. and the anime was great and its story too. :headache:

Krazilec
04-10-2011, 12:15 PM
if you like good anime watch Paranoia Agent. I assume you've seen the basic shit like Cowboy Bebop and GITS and that?
Recently ive been watching Samurai 7, which adheres to the formula Samurai + robots = pretty awesome. I would certainly recommend it.

Danimal Sheahon
04-10-2011, 12:55 PM
if you like good anime watch Paranoia Agent. I assume you've seen the basic shit like Cowboy Bebop and GITS and that?
Recently ive been watching Samurai 7, which adheres to the formula Samurai + robots = pretty awesome. I would certainly recommend it.

yes. i just finished it aabout a week ago and it was fucking awesome.

RamenPoodle
04-10-2011, 11:10 PM
I would recommend Baccano! as an anime that you might be interested in seeing.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2251/Baccano!

I can't really explain the premise any better than that. lol

Danimal Sheahon
04-11-2011, 03:05 PM
I would recommend Baccano! as an anime that you might be interested in seeing.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2251/Baccano!

I can't really explain the premise any better than that. lol

ill most definitely have to check it out!! it sounds super interesting.
currently im rewatching Mobile Suit Gunda: 0083 Stardust Memory.
but after i will totally watch Bacanno!

any one know of another video player other than CCCP?
just in the event i torrent something and i cant play it.

RamenPoodle
04-11-2011, 04:07 PM
ill most definitely have to check it out!! it sounds super interesting.
currently im rewatching Mobile Suit Gunda: 0083 Stardust Memory.
but after i will totally watch Bacanno!

any one know of another video player other than CCCP?
just in the event i torrent something and i cant play it.

Don't worry, CCCP + CoreAVC version latest + processor made before 2007 (unlike mine :( ) = perfect playback.

This is because CCCP comes with Media Player Classic which is the only player you need. The Core Media Player is a good alternative however.

If your computer is able to do 720p or 1080p flawlessly then just CCCP will suffice usually.

If not, you'll have to do what I do and download 480p or xvid. I've gotten pretty used to it though...

In my experience the most fun of anime watching is finding great series through friends or on your own. Enjoy!

Danimal Sheahon
04-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks ^.^
speakin of ramen...
im getting "ラーメン" tattooed on my leg :D
just because i happen to eat ramen almost every meal of the day

do you also know of any other good mecha series?
ive watched robotech and gundam series, didnt really like the Big-O and i was wondering if there were any other good piloted robot mecha series out there

acolyte_to_jippity
04-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks ^.^
speakin of ramen...

ive watched robotech and gundam series, didnt really like the Big-O and i was wondering if there were any other good piloted robot mecha series out there

vlc player is a godly program.

and for mecha...Neon Genesis Evangelion, Eurek Seven, Kurogane no Linebarrels, heroic age...
outlaw star is more sci-fi than mecha, but it's very similar. strait jacket...
macross frontier is fucking amazing btw.

RamenPoodle
04-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks ^.^
speakin of ramen...

There are plenty of series like that. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Fafner, and RahXephon come to mind as especially exceptional mech series. Code Geass and Star Driver are technically that too, although to a lesser extent; they're more about the characters than the mechs (though actually that holds true for any good mech series). As acolyte mentioned, Evangelion, Eureka Seven, and Macross Frontier are must-watches and if you're into the mech style, there is no reason not to check out Gunbuster, Diebuster or both. :icon_mrgreen:

acolyte_to_jippity
04-11-2011, 09:02 PM
There are plenty of series like that. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Fafner, and RahXephon come to mind as especially exceptional mech series. Code Geass and Star Driver are technically that too, although to a lesser extent; they're more about the characters than the mechs (though actually that holds true for any good mech series). As acolyte mentioned, Evangelion, Eureka Seven, and Macross Frontier are must-watches and if you're into the mech style, there is no reason not to check out Gunbuster, Diebuster or both. :icon_mrgreen:

no. just...no.

horrible, worthless, overrated shows.

RamenPoodle
04-12-2011, 01:23 AM
no. just...no.

horrible, worthless, overrated shows.

Hey, they might be that to some but to new anime-watchers they would probably be welcome. I know one of my first non-mainstream (well at the time) anime was Gurren Lagann and Geass was shortly after that. Also the fanbases for those shows are what's really terrible, there's a difference. XD
For instance, I think Cowboy Bebop is a horrible, worthless, overrated show, but that doesn't mean I won't recommend it to newcomers. They'll probably enjoy it.
Let them watch it, and then once they get more experienced they too can bitch about overrated shows! :D

Danimal Sheahon
04-12-2011, 02:38 AM
so i just realized the person who voices Iruka sensei in Naruto does the voice for Raiden in Metal Gear Solid haha

ZERO
04-12-2011, 05:06 PM
I also wanted to point out that just because a show is overrated and or has stupid fans does not effect the quality of the show itself. That is something that should be judged for itself. :smirk:

acolyte_to_jippity
04-12-2011, 05:32 PM
I also wanted to point out that just because a show is overrated and or has stupid fans does not effect the quality of the show itself. That is something that should be judged for itself. :smirk:

i do

Danimal Sheahon
04-12-2011, 07:41 PM

Agreed. Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist are totally overrated. but they arent BAD shows. they have great artwork and decent story line. i just wouldnt say they are as good as Mobile Suit Gundam or Dark than Black or Rurouni Kenshin.