PDA

View Full Version : cracking .rar passwords

acolyte_to_jippity
04-10-2011, 06:21 AM
soooo...i got a copy of fellowship of the ring. it's in 8 parts, each a .rar. i can't extract them, because it's passworded. anyone have any tricks to cracking the password?

StarsMine
04-10-2011, 08:43 AM
the place you downloaded it from should have the pass somewherre

acolyte_to_jippity
04-10-2011, 09:48 AM
the place you downloaded it from should have the pass somewherre

not an option...rapidshare w/ no links to the originating site.

trust me, were it easy, i'd have done it.

wack0
04-10-2011, 10:09 AM
http://www.crark.net/

chances of cracking it are pretty slim because the password is probably some stupid URL

Steamer
04-10-2011, 10:31 AM
chances of cracking it are pretty slim because the password is probably some stupid URL

^ What he said. If your lucky it's not, load it up on a PC not in use (pref with an ok GC w/ CUDA) and let it force its dirty work.

You would be better off and able to play it sooner just re d/l'ing it somewhere that has a pass with it.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-10-2011, 10:58 AM
^ What he said. If your lucky it's not, load it up on a PC not in use (pref with an ok GC w/ CUDA) and let it force its dirty work.

You would be better off and able to play it sooner just re d/l'ing it somewhere that has a pass with it.

never mind. i googled the exact rapidshare link (i found it using megadownload.net) and found out it's for the game...not the movie.

so i searched for (and found) an xdcc bot that hosted a copy of the movie, so it's d/ling no.

mag36
04-12-2011, 09:42 PM
***cough cough**** zero tends to have a rule about posting stuff like this on his site.... least in open section

acolyte_to_jippity
04-12-2011, 10:26 PM
***cough cough**** zero tends to have a rule about posting stuff like this on his site.... least in open section

it's completely legal. i own it back home. however, i m not currently at home. and i can't go back this weekend because i got a lan party to go to (i'll probably bring bunch of them into the servers if there's not many people on. they'll appreciate not having to PUG, and actually having an admin on) plus i'm setting up a game of assassins campus-wide.