PDA

View Full Version : anybody know of any jobs

uuntiltheendd
04-13-2011, 12:39 AM
that dont require an ass load of school and that pay decent? im talking about more than say 55k a year. a friend told me he talked to someone that works for a physician who told him that there is a job you can get at sleep apnea clinics that pays 60,000 starting out with less than a year of school. im wondering if anybody else knows of jobs like this and they dont necessarily have to be in the medical field.

Hitman
04-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Seriously? Stop being a lazy ass and get some real schooling and a real job....

FML

Kids these days looking for the easy ways out

Vasir
04-13-2011, 01:59 AM
at age 21 i was a bartender and at 22 i was a bar manager and got paid 55-63k a year depending if i got bonuses or not. it wasnt very good since i worked 10+ hours a day and my days off were never back to back.

my advice. go to school and get a cushy job... thats what im trying to do..

Rage
04-13-2011, 04:47 AM
I dropped out of school to go work in the woods. Now I make 35-40k a year. Granted the cost of living here in northern maine is a lot lower than where you all live, so thats pretty good money.

Run a skidder, get to work on equipment, crank octane all day long. Fucking love it!

Spasm
04-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Several plants around where I live pay about 50k after 6-8 years.

wack0
04-13-2011, 08:18 AM
learn how to use a computer, get some certs, apply to entry level IT positions

BladeTwinSwords
04-13-2011, 08:52 AM
CS is probably the easiest decent paying job.

Of course I say get your ass in school.

KɅΞW
04-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Restaurant field is a pretty decent paying job if you pick the right one to work for. Find a nice and busy place thats not a franchise, for example (http://amerigos.com/) this place is one of the best Italian restaurant in this area, and they are located in a rich neighborhood. But in these kind of place, cooking is out of questions unless you already have at least a decade of experience with Italian cuisine, but as a waiter, if you have the look and able please the crowd while still being professional about it, you can be cashing in a lot of money.

Superman
04-13-2011, 11:08 AM
I got two degree's. Computer Science and Information Technology. I make decent money sitting on my ass all day. Go to school, stop being lazy. Get your shit together!

Rage
04-13-2011, 03:51 PM
In all honesty, become a customs officer or border patrol. Those bastards make like 90k after 5 years or some stupid shit like that.

I live right on the border, and they dont do a fucking thing other than flip canoes and require shit tons of game wardens for rescue. Pretty tit job right there. Ride around in a truck all day...

Andrew_Pavlik
04-13-2011, 03:56 PM
If your willing to go to school for a little while, take classes in medical terminology or any 2yr tech coarse.

But honestly, any IT or CS type of schooling/job is where it is at. Thats what I would be doing if I wasn't doing the family business thing.

Rosie
04-13-2011, 04:04 PM
True, but to get a job in customs now you must be willing to move to ass crack TX. I just tried last year and unless you would move to a shitty local you stand no chance.

Kon
04-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Electrician, you can A) get an apprenticeship as soon as you get out of high school, and do residential (still make decent money, but not as much as option B) or B) you can do 1.5-3 years (depending on where you go) of college and become an industrial electrician. option B is the way to go they make shit tons of money.

brentidge
04-13-2011, 05:39 PM
sell drugs and alot of them

Rage
04-16-2011, 07:59 AM
True, but to get a job in customs now you must be willing to move to ass crack TX. I just tried last year and unless you would move to a shitty local you stand no chance.

Well yeah, you move there for a few years than you have the option to go where-ever customs officers or bp is needed and now they are making the big push to secure the northern border so some people dont even have to go to texas. I personally know a couple people in my town that got to come back here and protect the border

Darkphoenix
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
join the military, it pays really well and if you want to go to university while in it thye will pay for it ( at least canadian militry does).

Tickle Me Emo
04-18-2011, 07:31 PM
join the military, it pays really well and if you want to go to university while in it thye will pay for it ( at least canadian militry does).

U.S. military does as well, but you can't be a lazy bastard to do your military job and go to school on the side at the same time. However, as an added bonus if you take a military job with relevance to civilian fields (and I'd recommend you take nothing less), you come out with both experience and education, not to mention that 'ex-military' bullet point on your resume.

It comes down to this: if you want to make a lot of money, be prepared to work for it, either with extensive education or by slowly working your way up from the bottom. You don't just walk into an office and accidentally get paid a lot, especially in today's economy.

uuntiltheendd
04-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Seriously? Stop being a lazy ass and get some real schooling and a real job....

FML

Kids these days looking for the easy ways out
lol i see where youre coming from but i didnt make this thread to find an easy way out. im getting some "real schooling" at the moment as im currently in a nursing program. i was just curious to see other "easy" jobs that pay stupid amounts of money for what youre doing.

but back to the topic of this thread, i heard about another redic job. you can teach people how to drive ferraris and get paid six figures for doing it.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Electrician, you can A) get an apprenticeship as soon as you get out of high school, and do residential (still make decent money, but not as much as option B) or B) you can do 1.5-3 years (depending on where you go) of college and become an industrial electrician. option B is the way to go they make shit tons of money.
i loled reading this as i have a friend who did this exact thing right out of highschool. hes now moving onto option b.