PDA

View Full Version : Friday Fun Nite?

Firefly
04-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Wondering if anybody's interested in having a designated night to spice up the pub with admin antics. I played another server back in the day when admins would mess around with gravity, single-weapon only rounds, unusual maps & general mayhem... They also had a pub match for bragging rights between two teams of regulars set up on the fly, like old vs young, north vs south, etc... Thoughts?

Kon
04-17-2011, 05:50 PM
This was done in the last few communities that I have been apart of, and it seemed to fill there servers, as well as attract new regulars. It just has to be made known to people joining the servers that it's fun night, or else they get all butt hurt. Also for the pub matches, they tried to have people pick teams before hand, but most of the players weren't able to make it, so if it were to happen teams would have to be picked right before the match, and who ever shows up would be the pool of people that get's picked from.

just my opinion, but i like the idea of a fun night.

Pl@YwithM3
04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
every night is a fun night for me in ibis :p i mess around with players/admins all the time an we have beacon fests an crazy polls an lots of slapping (all is concentual and appropriot of course and no one is ever upset) but i rly like this idea count me in im always in for making the servers more Pl@Yful :D

wack0
04-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Pub #1 is very active and the regulars are typically more serious CS players. I don't think this would be a good idea at all.

Luckily we don't have any admins that have "beacon fests an crazy polls an lots of slapping" because that would be horrible. Stay away from Pub #1.

Green Comic Sans is also horrible. http://bancomicsans.com

BaL-|-imore
04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Pub #1 is very active and the regulars are typically more serious CS players. I don't think this would be a good idea at all.

Luckily we don't have any admins that have "beacon fests an crazy polls an lots of slapping" because that would be horrible. Stay away from Pub #1.

Green Comic Sans is also horrible. http://bancomicsans.com

Overall, I think Friday nights tend to be a little more laid back than most, but even then I don't think most on Pub#1 really want too many game changes, that's what the other servers are for. So, I agree with Wacko. If you play on it regularly you can get a sense of which regulars you can goof around with and what game changes on specific maps people like. But, overall, I think it would just cause most of the good players to look elsewhere to play...and that would be a shame...since IBIS Pub#1 has a reputation of being one of the most competitive FF/On servers available.

I'd recommend the GG or Zombie server for this.

Pl@YwithM3
04-18-2011, 09:56 PM
hahaha when i said that line about beacon fests an such, i only do it in zm server so its good fun ;)

elpolloloco
04-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I was on a server once that played against expert bots, like tons of em vs a few humans. We would do "survivor mode" games where we would all just buy armor and that's it and try to plant the bomb, only uses weapons we picked up when killing bots.

should give it a try. tis fun

Joker
04-27-2011, 06:37 PM
meh I guess you guys don't know about the new V.I.P. server that Zero is making and will be available soon. I would recommend that if you were going to do anything like that wait until zero comes out with the VIP mode server.

and this would solve el pollo loco's suggestion as well.

P.S. if you have been playing Counter-Strike as long as I have you should know what VIP mode is since it started back in 1.6 I believe.

AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ZERO'S PERMISSION TO DO THIS SO HE KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON

MadGamer101
05-19-2011, 08:09 PM
That actually seems like a good idea, in the past communitys I was in we never did anything like a fun night, but I would join in, on the pub. I usually play on the Zombie server, but the pub is also fun.