PDA

View Full Version : Portal 2

ZERO
04-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Finally it is time! :assault:

CYBER
04-19-2011, 12:09 AM
bring it on! been waiting months for it!
the perfect gift to when im done my exams :D

ZERO
04-19-2011, 01:59 AM
For when your done!?

Well I am almost half way though in that in the previous one the test chambers were the first half. So as I am almost finished with those I should be getting close to the half way mark. So far I am really enjoying it and I like all the new additions.

Well time for bed now :smirk:

CYBER
04-19-2011, 03:00 AM
Its unfortunate that i have exams to attend to now and i cannot play...
but hopefully i will catch up soon! keep me posted if u found smthn too much of of a challenge :p
btw... it was unclear for me from the trailers, but do u have access to 2 characters? each with a colored portal that u strategically tag team to accomplish mission? or is it the same as portal 1 concept?
thanks

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Companion mode!

maynard
04-19-2011, 01:43 PM
2 short of a game 2 pay full price. don't get me wrong I love portal... but I'm not gonna pay 50 dollars for a game that's uber short. they say it's twice as long as portal 1... and I beat portal 1 in like 2 hours so... ya...

might just torrent it.

StarsMine
04-19-2011, 02:36 PM
portal 1 took most people 3-4 hours
the single player alone in portal 2 is ~ 8 hours, the Co-op ads an extra 6

Though I never pay full price on any games now a days, dont go out and torrent it. thats just plain rude

maynard
04-19-2011, 03:02 PM
is the co op random? or does it have 2 be with like your steam friends only?

also do you just re-do the existing missions in co op, or does co op have it's own set of maps and what not?

Tickle Me Emo
04-19-2011, 03:24 PM
is the co op random? or does it have 2 be with like your steam friends only?

also do you just re-do the existing missions in co op, or does co op have it's own set of maps and what not?

Co-op can be either with friends or random match. The co-op missions are unique from the single player (they're designed to be solved by 2 players rather than 1).

maynard
04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
they shoulda released a map creator/editor with the game, that woulda been hardcore cool if people could make their own maps.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-19-2011, 04:27 PM
they shoulda released a map creator/editor with the game, that woulda been hardcore cool if people could make their own maps.

it's source right?

won't sdk or hammer work?

StarsMine
04-19-2011, 05:35 PM
it's source right?

won't sdk or hammer work?

as of right now, no, however its valve, they will most likely patch it to work

acolyte_to_jippity
04-19-2011, 07:18 PM
as of right now, no, however its valve, they will most likely patch it to work

do. not. say. that. WORD!

Steamer
04-19-2011, 07:51 PM
I am gonna have to agree with Maynard on this one...

Not worth my fitty bones, or even 40.

StarsMine
04-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Thats why it was preselling for 35 bucks :D

ZERO
04-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Yea it was on sale 10% off before release and you do get portal with it. :wtg:

Steamer
04-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Ehh.. I'd give em 20$ for it.

I got portal one free forever ago during that free event thing.

Masskid
04-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Just find someone you enjoy playing with, and the co-op pays for itself XD

acolyte_to_jippity
04-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Ehh.. I'd give em 20$ for it.

I got portal one free forever ago during that free event thing.

i'd give them 15 for both.

portal 1 was decent, creative, funny, but a gimmick. nothing about it made me want more. it was fun, but once it was done that was that.

brentidge
04-20-2011, 03:32 AM
YAY BRENTIDGE I JUST BEAT PORTAL 2!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY ME!
and for all you haters it tooke me about 9 hours to beat it anyone smarter could easly shave off 2 hours the only thing i was dissapoited about was the lack of secret rooms with messagges with the comic and the great back story they had for it i thought it would have involved that guy little bit more but what ever the story was amazing worth my 50$ and havent tried the coop yet but wow great game

ZERO
04-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Yea, while I am moving pretty fast though it I keep using a lot of time trying to find secret rooms but so far have not really found much.

maynard
04-20-2011, 03:10 PM
think how cool the game would be though if you had a server list like in CSS or gmod, and could join ppl's custom servers with their own created levels... would make the game SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better and actually give it some replay value.

Steamer
04-20-2011, 05:28 PM
think how cool the game would be though if you had a server list like in css or gmod, and could join ppl's custom servers with their own created levels... Would make the game sooooooooooooooooo much better and actually give it some replay value.

hl3 dm.... =p

Jeimuzu
04-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Add an A.I. to portal that changes the co-op levels to be unique each time.

ZERO
04-20-2011, 11:49 PM
think how cool the game would be though if you had a server list like in CSS or gmod, and could join ppl's custom servers with their own created levels... would make the game SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better and actually give it some replay value.

Oh but how would that work with the ps3 then... :assault:

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Finished the game earlier today and loved it. Although I do with that there were more funny lines that spoiler says when you walking around with spoiler and doing all the spoilers toward the end of the game. (As other than only in between the spoilers)

The only other major thing I take issue with is that some puzzles are more tedious than hard. There should have been another way to do some of them that was just as challenging but less tedious.

maynard
04-21-2011, 12:29 AM
PS3 Version doesn't get it, PC does.

either way, Fuck PS3:smirk:

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-21-2011, 02:04 PM
the game is amazing but its alot easier then the first one. The puzzles are no were near as hard. To me its as though they compensated some of the difficult things from portal one to accommodate the multiplatform players. The last "fight" was 10 times easier then the original portal 1 and it lacked some of the "shot a new portal open while flying threw another one feature. It also has this auto lock when falling into a portal where it automatically directs your path to the portal when falling. The Co-op parts looks promising though, im sure they will add on to that.