PDA

View Full Version : ZM settings changes

ZERO
04-20-2011, 11:43 PM
I need to know what settings you guys want to see as the default for escape maps. You can follow this up with per map settings. I need to get these values adjusted so that all the maps balance out correctly and are playable. The point is for you guys to be able to have fun and we all know that broken maps due to bad settings are no fun unless it is fail map Thursday. :smirk:

X 1 Viper1
04-21-2011, 07:30 AM
ON zombie escape maps all zombies should have atleast 5000 health, and should regenerate back to full health if not shot for 30 seconds.

Escape maps are retarded when the zombies only have 1200 health and aren't able to get it back. The point of escape maps is to escape not to easily kill off the zombies. Also the low health makes zombies shy away from attacking humans making it even easier to win.

ALSO on escape maps the only playable zombie should be the classic zombies, this is because zombies like the jumper make it extremly difficult to defend specific locations when they can simply jump over the wall.

FINALLY parachutes should be turned off on EVERY SINGLE ESCAPE MAP. Escape maps weren't designed for the parachute mod, so some maps it makes it impossible to defend when the zombies can fly right at you, also some maps have trap holes that you fall in, but having a parachute allows you to fall in and still live which is not how the map maker intended the map to be played. Now you could manually turn it off for these specific maps, but thas a pain in the ass, and in reality parachutes make almost al escape maps priportionally easier...which is lame

that is all.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-21-2011, 08:16 AM
ON zombie escape maps all zombies should have atleast 5000 health, and should regenerate back to full health if not shot for 30 seconds.

Escape maps are retarded when the zombies only have 1200 health and aren't able to get it back. The point of escape maps is to escape not to easily kill off the zombies. Also the low health makes zombies shy away from attacking humans making it even easier to win.

ALSO on escape maps the only playable zombie should be the classic zombies, this is because zombies like the jumper make it extremly difficult to defend specific locations when they can simply jump over the wall.

FINALLY parachutes should be turned off on EVERY SINGLE ESCAPE MAP. Escape maps weren't designed for the parachute mod, so some maps it makes it impossible to defend when the zombies can fly right at you, also some maps have trap holes that you fall in, but having a parachute allows you to fall in and still live which is not how the map maker intended the map to be played. Now you could manually turn it off for these specific maps, but thas a pain in the ass, and in reality parachutes make almost al escape maps priportionally easier...which is lame

that is all.

noblock should stay OFF for certain maps as well.

X 1 Viper1
04-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Oh ya forgot about taht one, a good way to see if no block should stay off is basically every map before the LOTR onse were made don't need no block, but ALMOST everyone after those ones do. It seems the style of maps has changed greatly with map makers like hannibal.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Oh ya forgot about taht one, a good way to see if no block should stay off is basically every map before the LOTR onse were made don't need no block, but ALMOST everyone after those ones do. It seems the style of maps has changed greatly with map makers like hannibal.

mount doom needs it off...

X 1 Viper1
04-21-2011, 08:40 AM
nah that one is fine for leaving it on, if you want to find out optimal settings for zm escape maps, just go talk to the someone on the steamgamers server

BladeTwinSwords
04-21-2011, 08:58 AM
I agree pretty much except that there should only be a choice between classic, infected, and predators since they are all virtually the same in terms of jumping, knockback, and speed. Fast zombies can still run faster than humans can on fire. Poisons are horridly broken on escape maps. Deforms serve no purpose.

Parachutes should definitely be off with the exception of Paranoid because silent hill mode has that one part where people seem to die by hitting the water.

Block is map specific.

Health should be Classic: 5000, Infected: 4000, Predators: 3000 with the main zombies getting double.

The zombies should not be going back to spawn on maps like Mount Doom because the AFK killer nukes them before they can even get out.

ZERO, we rarely even play escape maps on thursday.

Andrew_Pavlik
04-21-2011, 11:28 AM
The zombies health don't really need to be increased, just not a decrease.

Also there speed should be normal as well.

And lastly either the zombie should NOT be teleported to spawn after spawning or have several 2-3 zombies spawn.

If these changes are made then the no-block won't be really much of an issue during escape maps. Maybe except Voodoo.

X 1 Viper1
04-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Andrew have you ever played on another escape server besides ibis? Wait...no, because if you had then you would see how desperatly the zombie's health needs to be increased. It is ZOMBIE ESCAPE, NOT KILL. THe point is to run away from the zombies not kill them off. When i spawn as a zombie with 1250 health (Predator) on a zm_escape map i consider myself fucked...why?

WELL most escape maps have all the humans consentrated in one single room, with a single entrance to taht room. If a zombie tries to run in there with 1250 health they will be dead in a matter of seconds, which is ridiculous.

I will admit your zombie spawn thing is a good idea, except on EVERY map the zombies should spawn in the crowd, except for specific ones where if the zombie spawns in the crowd it would be impossible to win. Also multiple zombies should spawn at the start of the round depending on amount of players.

IMO

less than 25 players 1 zombie
25-35 players 2 zombies
above 35 players 3 zombies

This will prevent the first zombie from hating their life and rage quiting, as i said in an earlier post go to the steamgamers server, and see how they do it, they have this shit nailed down pat with not a single flaw in their system....while ibis seems to be majorly flawed.

matrixninja
04-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Andrew have you ever played on another escape server besides ibis? Wait...no, because if you had then you would see how desperatly the zombie's health needs to be increased. It is ZOMBIE ESCAPE, NOT KILL. THe point is to run away from the zombies not kill them off. When i spawn as a zombie with 1250 health (Predator) on a zm_escape map i consider myself fucked...why?

WELL most escape maps have all the humans consentrated in one single room, with a single entrance to taht room. If a zombie tries to run in there with 1250 health they will be dead in a matter of seconds, which is ridiculous.

I will admit your zombie spawn thing is a good idea, except on EVERY map the zombies should spawn in the crowd, except for specific ones where if the zombie spawns in the crowd it would be impossible to win. Also multiple zombies should spawn at the start of the round depending on amount of players.

IMO

less than 25 players 1 zombie
25-35 players 2 zombies
above 35 players 3 zombies

This will prevent the first zombie from hating their life and rage quiting, as i said in an earlier post go to the steamgamers server, and see how they do it, they have this shit nailed down pat with not a single flaw in their system....while ibis seems to be majorly flawed.

LOLOLOLL!!!!!!!!!!!! 35+ Plus players can EASILY kill of 3 zombies. Even while trying to escape, also the humans wouldn't HAVE to even escape they'd just be like "OH LEHTZ GO ZAWMBIE HUHNT CUZ DEREZ OHNLY FREE ZOMBIESLIOLOL".

Anyway, noblock should definatly be turned on/off for certain escape maps. And, fast zombies should have more knockback or be slower.

X 1 Viper1
04-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Matrix...are you retarded? How many zombies would you like to spawn into the round 10? 15? Even numbers with the humans? Your comment about 3 zombies not being enough is just plain stupid....

ProRanger!!!
04-21-2011, 02:28 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to toggle noblock from on to off after a period of time at the beginning of a round on a given map, specifically Mount Doom because it's really annoying to try and get through the small hallways at the beginning of the map, but after that there's no real reason that noblock needs to be on.

Health should be Classic: 5000, Infected: 4000, Predators: 3000 with the main zombies getting double.

This would make things a lot more intense and balanced and poisons really don't have much of a use anyway besides destroying higher hold out spots on maps.

ZERO
04-21-2011, 02:46 PM
New changes applied:

Removed fast deformed and poison zombies.
Increased health of all zombies by 3000hp
Doubled amount of health reneged per their unique interval.
Increased head shot knockback by 0.5
There will now be X/10 zombies at the start where X is the number of players on the server.

These changes apply to all ZE maps and the last one applies to ALL maps ze and zm.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Remember that if you want setting other than the default for a particular map please make a configure request in the appropriate forum.

Steamer
04-21-2011, 02:53 PM
New changes applied:

There will now be X/10 zombies at the start where X is the number of players on the server.

I really hope they will tele on spawn when they spawn. That's a ridiculous amount for a cade map. There isn't a whole lot of cade time as there is. Newer player's will have an especially hard time getting caded in.

Oh the hell this will wreak to the "bro code". :smirk:

Andrew_Pavlik
04-21-2011, 02:54 PM
I personally believe increasing the number of zombies spawned was definitely the way to go. Should be a lot more interesting now.

Steamer
04-21-2011, 03:02 PM
I shall see... Gonna take some getting use to.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-21-2011, 03:17 PM
I really hope they will tele on spawn when they spawn. That's a ridiculous amount for a cade map. There isn't a whole lot of cade time as there is. Newer player's will have an especially hard time getting caded in.

bro code died a long time ago. now it's personal. i'll let someone stay in my cade if i know they won't screw me over, but gone are the days of anyone calling "bro code" and getting free reign.

Steamer
04-21-2011, 03:24 PM
I always tag!

acolyte_to_jippity
04-21-2011, 03:44 PM
I always tag!

that's why i never let you in <3

Rosie
04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh the hell this will wreak to the "bro code".

I like the X/10 concept. The thing is the "Bro Code" has been dead for awhile. Unless there have an IBIS tag or an admin tag there are only maybe 3 or 4 players that I know use the code. I agree with the teleport on ZM maps though. On some maps there are only 3 or 4 good cade spots and if there are 30 people on you stand the chance of the map being over befor the one minute mark.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-21-2011, 05:25 PM
I agree with the teleport on ZM maps though. On some maps there are only 3 or 4 good cade spots and if there are 30 people on you stand the chance of the map being over befor the one minute mark.

well, that's the risk you take, going for a popular spot. it's always been like that. as spot becomes more popular, it becomes more likely that said spot will spawn a zombie.

ZERO
04-21-2011, 05:34 PM
I may be able to restrict the spawn number change to ze maps only if it breaks zm maps. :smirk:

B1ackOut
04-21-2011, 06:54 PM
yeah this would be terrible on maps like zm_420_breeze or other incredibly small maps, especially if the 3 zombies spawned in the only 3 good spots.

yeah its been dead for a long time now, only a handful of non-killwhore players do it anymore.

ZERO
04-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Health reduced by 2000hp

Pl@YwithM3
04-23-2011, 02:49 PM
I agree pretty much except that there should only be a choice between classic, infected, and predators since they are all virtually the same in terms of jumping, knockback, and speed. Fast zombies can still run faster than humans can on fire. Poisons are horridly broken on escape maps. Deforms serve no purpose.

Parachutes should definitely be off with the exception of Paranoid because silent hill mode has that one part where people seem to die by hitting the water.

Block is map specific.

The zombies should not be going back to spawn on maps like Mount Doom because the AFK killer nukes them before they can even get out.

ZERO, we rarely even play escape maps on thursday.

i completely agree with all of the above :icon_mrgreen:
but the new X/10 spawning change will DEFFINETLY need some time to getting used to.. i mean i dont hate it, but im not completely for it either, but im still all for giving something new a shot :)
an MAYBE if the "bro code" wasnt so sexist than MAYBE id follow it.. :cry: :protest:

acolyte_to_jippity
04-23-2011, 03:07 PM
an MAYBE if the "bro code" wasnt so sexist than MAYBE id follow it.. :cry: :protest:

you're chick?

huh.

Rosie
04-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Zero, before your comp flipped its shit you were talking about maybe uping the knockback on escapes. I think that would be a decent equalizer for most maps. We played quite a few Escapes tonight and it just doesnt seem like the humans win on them ever. The longer ones like Appeture and Minecraft are winnable, because you just run, but the ones that have holding points seem to almost always fail. So maybe boost the knockback and increase their speed to counter it? Just a thought.

BladeTwinSwords
04-24-2011, 09:08 AM
you're chick?

huh.

Aco, you know the rule...

acolyte_to_jippity
04-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Zero, before your comp flipped its shit you were talking about maybe uping the knockback on escapes. I think that would be a decent equalizer for most maps. We played quite a few Escapes tonight and it just doesnt seem like the humans win on them ever. The longer ones like Appeture and Minecraft are winnable, because you just run, but the ones that have holding points seem to almost always fail. So maybe boost the knockback and increase their speed to counter it? Just a thought.

ummm...most of the, it's not overpowered zombies, it's the ct's fault...

Aco, you know the rule...

no dicks can come out until we see the tits?

Steamer
04-24-2011, 07:15 PM
The zombie's need more body KB.

Today a shot a crouch jumping fast with ~50 rounds with a para in a vent and the thing barely went back at all. Body shots barely do anything anymore.

Curdy
04-24-2011, 08:29 PM
true steamer i thk the hitbox on the head needs a little resize tbh since hs are best KB its already a pain to shoot a speed in the head wen its knifeing

Pl@YwithM3
04-25-2011, 06:08 PM
i honestly dont like the new X/10 ratio spawning for zombies just to throw it out there for an opinion... it feels like more than half of the players become zombies within like 10 seconds of when zombies spawn an thats really no fun in my opinion.. i think it should be changed back, but thas just mee..

Curdy
04-26-2011, 04:54 AM
i honestly dont like the new X/10 ratio spawning for zombies just to throw it out there for an opinion... it feels like more than half of the players become zombies within like 10 seconds of when zombies spawn an thats really no fun in my opinion.. i think it should be changed back, but thas just mee..

is this being specific to cade maps, cos i think 2 max spawning on any cade map would seem fair right?

but on escape maps the more the better i say

B1ackOut
04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
yea there is like 20-30 secs to run/hide/cade before several zombies spawn in seperate locations, if we can go back to the regular zombie spawning for zm (not ze) i think it would be much better.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-26-2011, 04:50 PM
i think that 2 on every zm map would be good.

also, zero, could you maybe find some way to keep our zm/ze classes seperate? i play poison, so whenever we go to a ze i get set to classic...but it doesn't go back after