PDA

View Full Version : ZERO, I need your help with MIC issue; read, ill explain.

BLS.PNAST
04-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey guys,

I play on IBIS a lot of the time cause the regulars(y'all know who I'm talking about) are awesome and the server is pretty smooth for the most part. But one flaw I noticed which may be or may not be the case. My mic worked great on the server months ago when I started playing, well two weeks ago my mic stopped working, but only on IBIS server 100-tick..I changed no settings, no updates, it worked in windows test, steam settings test(not the in-game one), and soundblaster test. I play on another server and my mic works perfect, sounds magnificent! I did a little research and found out a command some servers use and it prevents microphones from working, not everyone but I'm sure others may have had an issue as well.

The command is SV_USE_STEAM_VOICE "0"

The command in IBIS server is set to "1", It's supposed to be set to "0" and only the server operator can make this change.

I realized it when I checked IBIS, it was set to "1", then on the other server I play at where my mic works perfect, is set to "0" that RANG A BELL immediately!

If it causes no other changes to the server is there anyway I could have you grant that command and set it to "0"???

Feed me back,

BLS.PNAST

acolyte_to_jippity
04-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Hey guys,

I play on IBIS a lot of the time cause the regulars(y'all know who I'm talking about) are awesome and the server is pretty smooth for the most part. But one flaw I noticed which may be or may not be the case. My mic worked great on the server months ago when I started playing, well two weeks ago my mic stopped working, but only on IBIS server 100-tick..I changed no settings, no updates, it worked in windows test, steam settings test(not the in-game one), and soundblaster test. I play on another server and my mic works perfect, sounds magnificent! I did a little research and found out a command some servers use and it prevents microphones from working, not everyone but I'm sure others may have had an issue as well.

The command is SV_USE_STEAM_VOICE "0"

The command in IBIS server is set to "1", It's supposed to be set to "0" and only the server operator can make this change.

I realized it when I checked IBIS, it was set to "1", then on the other server I play at where my mic works perfect, is set to "0" that RANG A BELL immediately!

If it causes no other changes to the server is there anyway I could have you grant that command and set it to "0"???

Feed me back,

BLS.PNAST

we know about this. a few admins hotfix it when they join. just wait for zero to get around to it. it's a problem with windows 7 and the new voice codec steam uses.

BLS.PNAST
04-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Awesome! sigh of relief to know it's being noticed. And its not just windows 7, lol, I have windows XP and its happening. But yea point considered that he has to get around to it.

Thanks man!

ZERO
04-25-2011, 11:33 PM
All servers have now been patched, changes to take effect next map load. :wtg:

BLS.PNAST
04-26-2011, 12:33 AM
You-Are-The-Man!!!

Thanks Zero, much appreciated.