PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect : you do not have a reserved slot

talikarni
05-25-2011, 07:27 PM
I see this more and more, the server shows 12 to 16 people in the game, yet it gives me this message quite a bit. Yet other times I have connected just fine when it was at 18/22 first try. It happens when loading from the Steam desktop, it does this when opening from within CS:S game itself.

Like right now it varies from 12/22 to 14/22, 3 admins (which should be using the reserve slots) and it will still not let me in the game with this same error message. I have been trying to connect every minute or two for the past half hour with the same error. Earlier when I was in the game I saw others connecting every minute or two but not able to join the game either.

Please look into this, I do not think the admins are taking up the reserve slots like they are supposed to be (currently has Cry Wolf, Smurf and U Suck with the ibis.a tags).

I have been a server admin and owner (other servers) for many years myself so I know this is a server problem, not my client or game.

ZERO
05-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Yea it is b/c mani admin sucks. If you see the VIP server we are replacing it with SM. Thus the problem will be fixed after next week. :wtg:

elpolloloco
05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
What's mani admin ?

talikarni
05-26-2011, 12:04 PM
so why not disable the mani reserved function for now?

acolyte_to_jippity
05-26-2011, 04:13 PM
so why not disable the mani reserved function for now?

because we still have people who pay for reserved slots.

why should we screw them over like that?

talikarni
10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
So now that the server is using SM instead of mani, why is the reservation system still borked? It is essentially a 19 spot server since at 19, if a reserve slot person comes in, it boots someone else keeping it at 19 rather than taking one of those 2 reserve slots. The only way you can have 21 players is if there are 21 admins with reserve slots.

edit: today over 8 maps, I was booted 5 times for that dumb slot reservation. Never saw anyone else booted for it, seems I am targeted more often than others for some reason.

Nemesis
11-01-2011, 06:54 PM
there are only 19 slots, the 20th slot is for sourceTV, the 21st slot is so someone can join with a reserved slot and have ti kick someone out.

Disflux
11-01-2011, 09:42 PM
So now that the server is using SM instead of mani, why is the reservation system still borked? It is essentially a 19 spot server since at 19, if a reserve slot person comes in, it boots someone else keeping it at 19 rather than taking one of those 2 reserve slots. The only way you can have 21 players is if there are 21 admins with reserve slots.

edit: today over 8 maps, I was booted 5 times for that dumb slot reservation. Never saw anyone else booted for it, seems I am targeted more often than others for some reason.

Why don't you buy a reserve slot? They only cost a couple of bucks a month and they protect you from being booted!

Osage
11-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Why don't you buy a reserve slot? They only cost a couple of bucks a month and they protect you from being booted!

what if all 20 people in the server have a reserved slot and the next person to try 2 join does as well? :P

talikarni
11-05-2011, 01:49 PM

Because not all of us have the money available to do this... when theres a mortgage, wife, kids, car payments and living paycheck to paycheck, yes even that $2 a month can be tough to make a lot of times.

Now the question is, is that SourceTV even used on the Gungame server? If not then it may be time to stop it and allow that one extra person to play.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Now the question is, is that SourceTV even used on the Gungame server? If not then it may be time to stop it and allow that one extra person to play.

you're not the brightest person, are you?

the sourceTV records demos constantly, available for anyone to download.