PDA

View Full Version : Test and Confirm

ZERO
05-31-2011, 09:17 PM
This thread is to allow for testing and confirmation of various things in the vip server to ensure release status I will ask for something to be tested and after some posts confirming it works correctly I will then ask for the next thing to be tested until we know that everything works for everyone :wtg:

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Please test and confirm that the ban disconnected players mod works correctly. Test the various options which should all work. You should not be able to perma ban from it unless you are a clan member. Please report back if this is all working correctly or not so it can be fixed or set to release status. :wtg:

Steamer
06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Tested and confirmed. Perma ban option does work for just an admin.

Unban STEAM_0:1:11647806 when you have time as I do not have access to the unban function.

ZERO
06-01-2011, 01:04 PM
That is only from in game. Try to unban via the web panel. Normal admins can only unban from the website not from ingame.

Superman
06-01-2011, 02:11 PM
That is only from in game. Try to unban via the web panel. Normal admins can only unban from the website not from ingame.

We can unban using a website? What is that link?

Steamer
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I've been looking for an admin panel 15 minutes... lmao.

EDIT: Found it. Remembered that the server used sourcebans... Thought hey.. maybe that is the admin panel system with SM being configured as it goes together so well. This guess was win.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php

Joker
06-01-2011, 03:56 PM
and the option to time ban or perma-ban a disconected player works I tried it on C-Loc and he's unbanned now.

Superman
06-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I put the site on my favorites.

StarsMine
06-01-2011, 06:44 PM
XD Zero went and banned jigsaw.

ZERO
06-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Ok I have released 2 updates please confirm the following:

You can not perma ban in any way including the disconnected menu
You do not get a perma ban option in any admin menu
You have the ability to ban up to 1 month via the SM admin menu
You have the ability to ban up to 1 month via the disconnected menu

If you are a clan member you should be able to perma ban and see the option for it within these menus.

Steamer
06-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Tested and Confirmed for menu system.

Permanent ban for disconnected players (therefor any) through console does work.
Permanent ban on self with disconnected command does display and state I have been banned but does not actually ban.
Permanent ban for disconnected admin through console does not work for higher group.
Permanent ban option for current game through console is restricted.

Joker
06-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Tested and Confirmed for menu system.

Permanent ban for disconnected players (therefor any) through console does work.
Permanent ban on self with disconnected command does display and state I have been banned but does not actually ban.
Permanent ban for disconnected admin through console does not work for higher group.
Permanent ban option for current game through console is restricted.

Permanent ban via sm_bandisconnected command in consol can ban anyone that's not an admin
Permanent ban via sm_bandisconnected command in consol can ban the admin that issued the command as soon as they leave the server they will be banned, but it won't kick & ban.
permanent ban via sm_bandisconnected command in consol on other admins/clans doesn't work

Steamer
06-03-2011, 06:38 AM
A permanent disconnected ban on myself (admin) does ban and state through console that I have been banned. As you said it does not kick and ban which the function does not do any way. However I CAN rejoin the server and am NOT banned even though stated I am permantently banned on source bans.

ZERO
06-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I have updated it to check when running it via console. It should no longer allow you to perma ban if you do not have the correct rights. Please confirm that perma ban via that commend no longer works. :wtg:

Xerenix
06-03-2011, 03:34 PM
I have updated it to check when running it via console. It should no longer allow you to perma ban if you do not have the correct rights. Please confirm that perma ban via that commend no longer works. :wtg:

Tried the command and was unable to permaban.

Steamer
06-03-2011, 03:51 PM

Confirmed.

ZERO
06-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Awesome, with that those programs are now in release status.

I am not aware of anything else that was not already finalized so please let me know if there is anything else that appears not to work as it should so I can fix it prior to release. In the mean time I will be focused on adding the last few mods that are needed before we go live.

Steamer
06-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Banning Self as admin through the vote ban does work and it does not report to the source ban list so I can't unban self.

Other admin's name's where not on the option list.

Joker
06-03-2011, 05:13 PM
confirmed

Banning Self as admin through the vote ban does work and it does not report to the source ban list so I can't unban self.

Other admin's name's where not on the option list.

yes that's true because I was there when you did it xD

Steamer
06-03-2011, 05:15 PM
With good things come sacrifice... lmao.

Joker
06-03-2011, 05:19 PM
With good things come sacrifice... lmao.

lmfao now your banned for 30 minutes because there's no way to unban you unless a clan unbans you rofl

ZERO
06-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Does it report others that get banned via the vote ban?

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

If an admin vote bans themselves that is there own dam problem :smirk:

Steamer
06-04-2011, 11:04 AM
If an admin vote bans themselves that is there own dam problem :smirk:
Lmao. No it isn't reporting others on vote ban.

ZERO
06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Ok, I will replace it with a new mod that integrates correctly.

ZERO
06-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I have updated player votes so that it is now integrated with sourcebans. First it should not be possible to ban or mute ect. admins via the vote commands. Second any actions that are done by these commands will report to sourcebans. Map voting is also in theory handled by this.

Please ensure that all voting works as you would expect. Please report your findings below. This may require more than 4 people to be on the server at the same time in order to test.

Joker
06-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I have updated player votes so that it is now integrated with sourcebans. First it should not be possible to ban or mute ect. admins via the vote commands. Second any actions that are done by these commands will report to sourcebans. Map voting is also in theory handled by this.

Please ensure that all voting works as you would expect. Please report your findings below. This may require more than 4 people to be on the server at the same time in order to test.

it reports it on sourcebans, but it doesn't allow an admin to unban someone that has been votebanned because the player wasn't technically banned by an admin it was banned by the system.

ZERO
06-07-2011, 08:47 PM
That is expected as admins can only unban their own bans. Upper level and clan however, can unban any ban.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Does everything else work as expected such as map rotation, vote mute ect. ?

Joker
06-07-2011, 11:27 PM
That is expected as admins can only unban their own bans. Upper level and clan however, can unban any ban.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Does everything else work as expected such as map rotation, vote mute ect. ?

yes the map voting works and all of the other playervotes work and players can't vote an admin/higherup/clan either

P.S. just a heads up default admins have access to disable playervotes idk if you want them to have that or not if you do than w/e everything is ready for releasement and testing of the higherup admin group, but if you don't want them to have access to that than it will take a little bit more fine tuneing

ZERO
06-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Yea like I figured, I will need to reprogram that mod too...

These mods add admin menus in as "features" but then offer no way to disable them or to restrict what admins can use it :banghead:

ZERO
06-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I have now removed the admin menu pert of the player votes mod. Please check that everything works correctly. I also want to ensure that the votemute applies the mute correctly and that it is maintained though multiple rounds.

Once this is done I am not currently aware of anything that is not working or of any feature that is missing. If there is anything that needs to be added or fixed please report that as well. :wtg:

Joker
06-08-2011, 03:00 PM
I have now removed the admin menu pert of the player votes mod. Please check that everything works correctly. I also want to ensure that the votemute applies the mute correctly and that it is maintained though multiple rounds.

Once this is done I am not currently aware of anything that is not working or of any feature that is missing. If there is anything that needs to be added or fixed please report that as well. :wtg:

default admins can no longer view the player votes option in the admin menu.

votemute doesn't work because it only allowed for 3 people to votemute someone and than it didn't allow anyone eles to votemute them.......and we tried it with 3 different people and it did the same thing after three poeple voted for them to be muted it didn't allow them to get any more votes to mute them:banghead:

ZERO
06-08-2011, 03:12 PM
How many people in total were on the server?

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

I have adjusted the threshold requirements which should fix it :smirk:

Joker
06-08-2011, 04:55 PM
How many people in total were on the server?

There was 7 people in the server at that time not including bots.

ZERO
06-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I have played around with the settings so please try the vote mute again. Worst case we will just disable it b/c it is not as though we already have this feature or something.

ZERO
06-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Well, if there are no other major issues I will throw on the last few plugins and prepare for live release sometime this weekend. :smirk:

ZERO
06-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Looks like the map selection plugin was finished in time for release. On Sunday I will get this on the server and it will be the last plugin to test. It will allow better voting options and randomization as well as making the probability of maps based off their map ratings.

Joker
06-10-2011, 06:59 PM
I have played around with the settings so please try the vote mute again. Worst case we will just disable it b/c it is not as though we already have this feature or something.

It seem that in your attempt to make it better has only made it worse because now you can only vote like twice and the person dissapears from the votemute menu.

and we had 9 people in the server at that time

ZERO
06-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Interesting, as the only thing I changed was to change the % required to mute from .75 to .6 as a result I think it is broken and I will just disable it. In the future when I have time I can always program my own votemute plugin that actually works.

Now that leaves the new map vote plugin that I will try to get installed and configured by the end of the day tomorrow.

Joker
06-13-2011, 04:47 PM
oh and btw zero scribble ended up finding out a glitch that if your the vip and you get switch to the terrorists team than you get glitched into only being able to buy a usp, now I don't know if that will happen every time, but it happened to him while we were playing vip after testing out the votemute.

ZERO
06-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Yes that glitch only occurs for the first round and if you were alive and a vip when you switched. Very rare to actually occur in practice. The developer is I believe doing another rewrite of the program which may end up patching this glitch. Although I have reported it a few weeks ago when I discovered it.

Joker
06-15-2011, 04:45 AM
ok good to know and btw about how much longer will it take for the map voting mod to be ready? just curious :smirk:

ZERO
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
map rate has been added so it can integrate with the map selection. Map system will be installed today. :wtg:

Rate watch was removed b/c it not only produced errors it is not needed as the rates are strictly enforced and automatically changed on the clients to ensure best quality of game play. Note that people "rate hacking" are still detected by other automated scripts and removed from the server.

ZERO
06-15-2011, 03:42 PM
New map voting system is on! Now we have the following features:

Ability to ensure that map selection is truly random
Ability to increase the likely hood of a map appearing in a vote based off its map rating
Ability to handle rtv, nominations, admin votes and end map votes all from the same mapcyle.txt
Disabling of the 1 and 2 slots to prevent spam selections
Forced runoff between the top 2 options.
Ability to control what gets excluded from the options where.

Please test and let me know if everything is working ok and if there is any settings that you would like changed. This plugin offers a lot of options so we can do basically whatever we want. Be sure to note that we can also have "do not change" instead of "extend" for particular types of votes as logically there are times when you do not want to extend but instead just want to see if people want to change to something else.

ZERO
06-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Web shortcuts added. Currently they are the same as the pub server. They (basically like the wcs server) will remain that way for a bit until I rework the entire motd system. I will be programing a dynamic php based system that is easier to manage and update while also offering additional features and value to players.

ZERO
06-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Ads system has been added to replace the adverts from mani. This offers some new features that some of you may like:

Ability to prevent admins from seeing ads for admin/reserved slot
Ability to easily change the ads from the website
Ability to easily adjust where the ads display to hopefully increase effectiveness.
Ability to limit ads to a particular server or servers.

With this all major release required addons should now be installed. Please report any final bugs or problems before public release. :wtg:

Joker
06-17-2011, 02:40 AM
problem with that I tried to start a map vote using your "Ultimate Map Changer" mod in the admin menu, but to no avail the map vote's never came up for neither auto nor for manual

ZERO
06-17-2011, 02:08 PM
OK I will need to look into that. Can not today due to no air conditioning so the computer can not turn on (it is over 80 without the heat from the computer). Also we doing electrical work in the house. Logically this also delays all other work for today. :reddot:

ZERO
06-19-2011, 05:24 PM
problem with that I tried to start a map vote using your "Ultimate Map Changer" mod in the admin menu, but to no avail the map vote's never came up for neither auto nor for manual

I have not been able to reproduce this problem. Every time I start it the vote comes up with no problem.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I think I found the error from your problem:

L 06/17/2011 - 03:24:43: [umc-core.smx] VOTING: Not enough map groups to run a group vote. 1 groups available.

You need to select maps not groups there are no groups. This map program has some options we do not use.

Please confirm that everything is working and we can get a release out this week :wtg:

Joker
06-20-2011, 05:28 AM
I have not been able to reproduce this problem. Every time I start it the vote comes up with no problem.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I think I found the error from your problem:

L 06/17/2011 - 03:24:43: [umc-core.smx] VOTING: Not enough map groups to run a group vote. 1 groups available.

You need to select maps not groups there are no groups. This map program has some options we do not use.

Please confirm that everything is working and we can get a release out this week :wtg:

Alright well I have a few things to say, First would be that when you do the start map vote using the "ultimate map chooser" mod and the option Automatic map choice the map votes work just fine in every single scenario, but as for the manual map choice for no matter what you choose in there it will crash the server instantly as soon as you start the vote for the maps.

I also tried the tierd map vote and that seemed to work just fine for auto-matic map choice, but also crashed the server for when I tried to do a manual map choice

Joker
06-20-2011, 05:45 AM
You know if nothing eles I have found an easy way to crash the server :wtg::smirk:

ZERO
06-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Yea the admin support is still a beta feature so I will report that and also ask for a way to disable the manual option as it should never be used anyways. :wtg:

Joker
06-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Yea the admin support is still a beta feature so I will report that and also ask for a way to disable the manual option as it should never be used anyways. :wtg:

wait so why should it never be used anyways? because sometimes it's a good thing to put up a map vote from which maps that you know people like but that are not rated in the map rating mod or w/e it's called.

ZERO
06-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Oh, I thought you meant manual as in that you were defining the vote options too. Not manual as in selecting the maps.

Joker
06-21-2011, 03:49 AM
Oh, I thought you meant manual as in that you were defining the vote options too. Not manual as in selecting the maps.

I mean both ways because when I tried to manually choose the maps it doesn't matter which options I choose when I'm in there:reddot:, because I tried automatically choose defualt and I aslo chose to input the voting parameters myself and both ways ended up in the server crashing.:banghead:

ZERO
07-08-2011, 02:29 PM
With the new admin system now live there should not be anything on this server that needs work. Please check and let me know if anything needs to be added or removed. Once confirmed the server will go live within the next day or so.

StarsMine
07-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Players are able to votekick with an admin on while they were unable to do so before. The can not however votekick the admin, so thats fine.

Do you want to change it to the way it was before?

Steamer
07-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I'd leave it the way it is... Sometimes the admin is in spec doing other things and then their is nothing the actual players can do.

Joker
07-09-2011, 03:22 AM
I'd leave it the way it is... Sometimes the admin is in spec doing other things and then their is nothing the actual players can do.

honestly I think it's a good thing to leave it the way it is, and tbh when I saw it was like this I was sort of relieved

ZERO
07-09-2011, 12:50 PM
What is the name of that one map that crashes?

BladeTwinSwords
07-09-2011, 03:36 PM
What is the name of that one map that crashes?

oilrig_dj

oilrig_wk works fine.

ZERO
07-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Added:
as_aa_hospital_b8
as_abscond_07v2
as_bar
as_de_capc4naveral
as_de_NASAfinal
as_de_r0ok
as_dust