PDA

View Full Version : This Steam account does not own this game.

ZERO
06-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Disconnected
Disconnected: This Steam account does not own this game.
Please login to con??? Steam account. Valve is doing some back end work that results in the above error see this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1913862

If you are getting this message all you can do is wait. BTW if you could not tell my account is broken too and as a result I can not continue programing until it is fixed...

From valve:

Greetings citizens!

We'll be updating some of the Steam servers today, June 1 2011, around 15:30 PDT (GMT-0700). Chat, game lobbies, and the community web site will be affected. Content downloads and game play should not be affected. There is little database maintenance scheduled for this update, and I will be urging the hamsters to spin the wheels ever faster, so the downtime should be short.

ZERO
06-01-2011, 08:47 PM
So looks like no work can be done on the servers by me for the next few days...

There is no need to contact Support regarding this matter.

We are performing some maintenance on accounts. Only games purchased prior to the release of The Orange Box will be affected.

The maintenance will complete in roughly 20 hours. However, your game may become playable much sooner than that.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Steamer
06-01-2011, 08:53 PM
If ya want you can use my tester account. I could care less what happens to it lol.

You don't have a spare? o_O

ZERO
06-01-2011, 10:30 PM
The account I use now is my second account as my first was hacked and stolen when steam first came out and before they had any way to retrieve your account.

WRXJIM
06-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Ugh... Wife is out of town... I can play all night long!!! Typical Steam farks it up of all nights. ggrrrr

I also have to wait for my account to be activated on the Steam forums so I can PM one the guys to get it fixed faster... what type of forum needs activating these days with all the entering codes and deciphering crazy pictures full of letters these days...

Vent over!! I just need to do some Human Alliance killing and I will feel better...

acolyte_to_jippity
06-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Ugh... Wife is out of town... I can play all night long!!! Typical Steam farks it up of all nights. ggrrrr

I also have to wait for my account to be activated on the Steam forums so I can PM one the guys to get it fixed faster... what type of forum needs activating these days with all the entering codes and deciphering crazy pictures full of letters these days...

most, actually

WRXJIM
06-02-2011, 12:24 AM
most, actually

Just to clarify... I used the wrong words (Admin/Mod whats the difference really ;) )

I am a member of approx 19 different forums... and none including this one require "admin activation" before you can post...

(im not talking about waiting for the email with the "click, this link to be activated", I have done that. I am now waiting for an administrator to review my account)

acolyte_to_jippity
06-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Just to clarify... I used the wrong words (Admin/Mod whats the difference really ;) )

I am a member of approx 19 different forums... and none including this one require "admin activation" before you can post...

(im not talking about waiting for the email with the "click, this link to be activated", I have done that. I am now waiting for an administrator to review my account)

ohhhhhh. THAT activation.

-=NYS=- C.O.
06-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Steam, do you run your operations out of a basement. Faggots !