PDA

View Full Version : Server Down Time

ZERO
06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
SoftLayer Engineers are actively working on mitigating the issues customers are experiencing on FCR01.WDC01. At this time, the Denial of Service attack targeting customers behind FCR01.WDC01 has been mitigated; however, due to the high packet count along with the number of interfaces that reset during the event, the router is now displaying signs of instability resulting in further intermittent packetloss for certain customers behind FCR01.WDC01.

More information will be relayed to customers as it is obtained.

We do apologize for the issues and are actively working on a resolution for this event.

There is currently a high level DDOS against Washington DC and the eastern seaboard that has caused many Tier one backbones to fail. Likely a followup to the Chinese attack on gmail earlier in the week China is likely currently launching a large scale attack on primary lines in our nations capital.

The attack comes in and out as the data centers and government work to stop it. Note that this is not causing any crashes but instead service interruptions.

Superman
06-02-2011, 05:08 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/31/washington-moves-to-classify-cyber-attacks

I hope China isn't behind it. Or its an act of WAR!

StarsMine
06-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Damn this DDOS I cant get access to Anime-Planet D:

Chikun
06-02-2011, 08:56 PM
"If you shut down our power grid we might send a missile in one of your smokestacks."

Made me lol.

Cry_Wolf
06-02-2011, 09:08 PM
AGAIN!? This is really getting to me. Every time the servers get attacked; I just wanna scream...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsf_-a_H9Q&feature=related

ZERO
06-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Updates:

SoftLayer Engineers along with Cisco TAC have identified a software bug on FCR01.WDC01 which is causing forwarding issues for public connectivity. Engineers will be performing an EMERGENCY code change on Jun 2nd, 2011 at 10:00 PM EDT to resolve this issue. The expected downtime is 20 minutes with the maintenance window being scheduled for up to 4 hours.

Start Time: 10:00pm EDT (6/2/2011)
End Time: 02:00am EDT (6/3/2011)
Expected Duration: 20 minutes

Customer Impact:

During this maintenance, customers will notice a complete loss of connectivity to their servers on the frontend network (public network). Backend network (private network) connectivity will NOT be impacted during this maintenance. While the upgrade duration is scheduled for 4 hours, we only expect around 20 minutes of downtime as the code is changed. Again, this will NOT impact the backend network (private network) for customer servers.

VFV
06-03-2011, 01:11 AM
so far so good, seems that fixed the lag so far.

elpolloloco
06-03-2011, 07:44 AM
China is likely currently launching a large scale attack on primary lines in our nations capital.

Hmmm. I live on the DC border and haven't noticed any issues, but then again I guess it's only to servers hosted in DC, not regular ISP's

ZERO. We noticed yesterday during the crashes that the server kept coming back up and loading really interesting maps we've never seen before. There was one that was like a star-ship post apocalyptic version of Office which was totally badass. I don't think anyone voted for them or anything. They just happened to be the map that was there when the server came back up.

Did you guys add some new maps, or do maps like that just get called a lot when the server crashes?

On a side note: Over the last couple of days I've noticed some of the extremely huge maps like de_apollo seem to be running a little more smoothly. Maybe it's my PC and not the server, I dunno.

ZERO
06-03-2011, 02:00 PM
No that map was placed on the server a long time ago. It just does not have a "cool" name and thus does not get votes a lot of times.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-03-2011, 05:55 PM
cs_classified.

if you're in spec and you go outside the map,it spams the FUCK out of your console

elpolloloco
06-09-2011, 04:27 PM
No that map was placed on the server a long time ago. It just does not have a "cool" name and thus does not get votes a lot of times.

I dunno bout that. I've NEVER seen that name come up in a vote. Most maps in the list dont