PDA

View Full Version : What CSS weapon would you Fair with in a Zombie Apoc? [Glock vs Dual M9 Berettas]

Crimson
06-10-2011, 05:04 PM
[PRE-NOTE] I am doing this from the knowledge I already know, not from any specific research [I.E How reliable the gun is,differnt variations of the guns and calibers etc.]

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the next battle of weapons to see which would be better in a Zombie Apocalypse, the Famous Australian-developed Glock 17 9MM, standard issue to most armed forces world wide, Or the Italian made M9 Beretta 9MM, used in US Military and other various Armed forces world wide as well.

Details: The Austrian developed Glock has many variants, however the Glock 17 is the most commonly used variant of the glock. The Glock is capable of having accessories such as a LAM, or Under-barrel Flashlight. Magazine size on the Glock 17 is 17.

The Italian M9 beretta is voted to be on the most reliable side-arms created, also created to surpass the Colt.45 1911. The Beretta M9 is also capable of accessories, LAM, Flashlight, Silencer. There are also variants to the M9, the standard issue that is used is the M92, using 9MM rounds. The M9 holds 15 rounds [KEEP IN MIND its Dual Wieled]

There you have it people! Vote on the Poll for your favorite and comment why it beats the other option! If you would like to see two other weapons go at it, leave a request!~Crimson

Rosie
06-10-2011, 05:49 PM
As far as firing capabilities you could take either one and make a good case 1 vs 1. In the case of single wield vs dual wield there is no contest. Double the ammo capacity, if one gun goes down you have spare interchangable parts. The Beretta shoots fine as long as you do minimal maitenence. I really think this should have been a 1 on 1 contest.

Crimson
06-10-2011, 06:11 PM
As far as firing capabilities you could take either one and make a good case 1 vs 1. In the case of single wield vs dual wield there is no contest. Double the ammo capacity, if one gun goes down you have spare interchangable parts. The Beretta shoots fine as long as you do minimal maitenence. I really think this should have been a 1 on 1 contest.

I noticed that as well, however with double ammo capacity you sell your iron sights and have to rely on hip firing which isnt always a suitable option.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-10-2011, 08:32 PM
glock. easier to fix if it breaks.

Crimson
06-10-2011, 10:45 PM
glock. easier to fix if it breaks.

+1 To glock

acolyte_to_jippity
06-10-2011, 10:57 PM
walther p22 is the best though.

lite, accurate, and not powerful enough to pass through the skull. it'll penetrate going in, but not be able to exit, thus bouncing around in the brain cavity.

it's accurate, quiet(ish), and the ammo is extremely cheap

Crimson
06-11-2011, 11:10 AM
walther p22 is the best though.

lite, accurate, and not powerful enough to pass through the skull. it'll penetrate going in, but not be able to exit, thus bouncing around in the brain cavity.

it's accurate, quiet(ish), and the ammo is extremely cheap

However this isnt about the walther, its between the the glock and dual berretas, please keep it on point :3

acolyte_to_jippity
06-11-2011, 04:52 PM
dual beretta's would be retarded though. there's no point to it. too much noise, too little accuracy. sure, you'll look badass, but you'll get killed when the hordes come to the sounds of the gunfire.

a zombie wouldn't go down with anything but a complete brain destruction. filling their bodies w/ bullets ain't gonna do much except slow them down. thus, you need accuracy. thus, any single pistol would be better than any other akimbo setup.

Crimson
06-11-2011, 11:54 PM
dual beretta's would be retarded though. there's no point to it. too much noise, too little accuracy. sure, you'll look badass, but you'll get killed when the hordes come to the sounds of the gunfire.

a zombie wouldn't go down with anything but a complete brain destruction. filling their bodies w/ bullets ain't gonna do much except slow them down. thus, you need accuracy. thus, any single pistol would be better than any other akimbo setup.
[Devils Advocate]
However with Dual Berettas you have MUCH MORE ammo and you can hold one pistol with Iron sight at a time, thus maintaining accuracy. As for sounds of gunfire, the glock would attract attention as well if fired.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-12-2011, 01:26 AM
[Devils Advocate]
However with Dual Berettas you have MUCH MORE ammo and you can hold one pistol with Iron sight at a time, thus maintaining accuracy. As for sounds of gunfire, the glock would attract attention as well if fired.

that's called having one pistol, with a backup.

lets face it, dual berettas means akimbo.

Crimson
06-12-2011, 02:37 PM
that's called having one pistol, with a backup.

lets face it, dual berettas means akimbo.

Then my good sir you have proved your points and justified them, +1 Glock

Rosie
06-12-2011, 04:28 PM
I disagree, even carrying them both at one time does not mean fired at the same time. I am not world class but I can still hit target with my weak hand. As far as easier to repair with dual caryy you have all the spare parts you could want. In a true Zombie Appoc I would rather have 2 guns anyday. If this was one M4 vs 2 Mac 10's I still would rather have 2.

Rezel
06-14-2011, 02:18 PM
I fully agree with Rosie, obviously you guys are watching to many of the stunt movies of people firing off at the same time.

With two guns at least when your done firing one you have a backup in case shit happens.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-14-2011, 02:31 PM
no rezel. the topic is talking about css weapons. thus, dual berettas means akimbo.

i'd consider having a backup glock as still being considered under the "glock" catagory, for the simple fact that you'd only be using one at any given time.

Crimson
06-14-2011, 08:29 PM
I like where this is going

brett friggin favre
06-14-2011, 11:22 PM
no rezel. the topic is talking about css weapons. thus, dual berettas means akimbo.

i'd consider having a backup glock as still being considered under the "glock" catagory, for the simple fact that you'd only be using one at any given time.

if we were talking css weapons, we'd be talking glock 18 instead of 17. either way, in css, the dualies are both more accurate single-shot and more powerful. in real life, you could fire one and have a backup. berettas win either way in my book.