06-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Star Wars: The Old Republic

www.SWTOR.com

DOvbv-LkK6w

z0RuR3FREFw

GL2-3oBB7KQ

6zTRZZefmvM

ut-4lS9jX14

This game is going 2 be beyond Epic and pwwn all existing MMO's I think. aside from the 300 million on voice acting they have spent, the entire character quest line up 2 max lvl is done via story mode like in mass effect, you make your own story, and choose your own options.

any 1 else gonna play this?

Ill be playing as a Sith Warrior.

Steamer
06-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Definitely gonna give it a go.

Bioware hasn't let me down yet... We shall see how long that lasts though with EA running the show.

Andrew_Pavlik
06-11-2011, 09:31 PM
I can't wait for this either, I think I am going to go smuggler-sharp shooter, but we will see.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
06-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Yeah if it ever actually comes out lol

maynard
06-12-2011, 03:10 PM
shut up xen! it's coming!.......:icon_mrgreen:

Spasm
06-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Im looking forward to this game myself, but I keep thinking it is getting overhyped and will be a failure, just like about every other MMO released. We will see

StarsMine
06-13-2011, 02:57 PM
I plan on playing it, though as what IDK

Jeimuzu
06-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't care about the game.. They just need to make endless CG movies like those.. Fuckin' epic.

SCRIBBLE
06-14-2011, 09:09 AM
I don't care about the game.. They just need to make endless CG movies like those.. Fuckin' epic.

Yep. Otherwise, the game looks worse than a lot of MMOs already on the market.

maynard
06-14-2011, 10:42 AM
scribble[nuke];108840']Yep. Otherwise, the game looks worse than a lot of MMOs already on the market.

Lmfao...

what a dumb thing 2 say. feel free 2 explain how this apparently looks worse than the majority of current MMO's, would love 2 hear this.

This game and Guild Wars 2 are like the biggest MMO's in terms of fan fan-base/hype in the past 5 years, and this mmo has everything that any traditional MMO has... so given there's like damn near no actual gameplay footage, or anything other than cinematic trailers, how exactly does this look worse than anything.

Xerenix
06-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Lmfao...

what a dumb thing 2 say. due explain how this apparently looks worse than the majority of current MMO's, would love 2 hear this.

This game and Guild Wars 2 are like the biggest MMO's in terms of fan fan-base/hype in the past 5 years, and this mmo has everything that any traditional MMO has... so given there's like damn near no actual gameplay footage, or anything other than cinematic trailers, how exactly does this look worse than anything.

Actually there has been plenty of actual gameplay footage with both beta leaks and legal releases and they have all looked great.

I will def buy this just because it's Bioware and they have never disappointed me. I plan to play a IA Sniper :)

I suggest those who follow the game should check out Darth Hater (www.darthhater.com) since they have the best coverage of the game.

maynard
06-14-2011, 11:15 AM
the majority of the gameplay footage is from years ago, it's not current.

Xerenix
06-14-2011, 11:16 AM
the majority of the gameplay footage is from years ago, it's not current.

More like months ago.

maynard
06-14-2011, 11:22 AM
I said MAJORITY.

ive seen every vid they have put out...

also a lot of the vids show more of the like quest system and what not, not actual look of good raw gameplay pvp/pve footage. there is some sure, but not a ton.

I wana beta test it =(

for newer gameplay footage this is prob 1 of my favs.

sL4il3SZ_Hc

Link
06-14-2011, 04:57 PM
i beta tested it almost a year ago

maynard
06-14-2011, 06:28 PM
i beta tested it almost a year ago

.... you son of a bitch:smirk:

StarsMine
06-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Apparently we wont be able to get it through steam, only EA Origin or Retail.
http://exophase.com/23486/ea-pulls-crysis-2-from-steam-store-now-only-on-origin/

I dont mind it, but some people seem upset

brentidge
06-26-2011, 05:08 AM
damn starmine they really do seem to be pissed off saying therejust going to pirate all ea's shit now i am not understanding the huge problem with this you can still buy and download a site and then add it to a non steam game. is that to hard? The only reason i wouldrather buy games through steam because it makes my game i own higher on steam lol and i think thats pathetic

Link
06-26-2011, 12:15 PM
lol brent. :P

oh, and just to give maynard some more details

this was at the end of June 2010, I had 3 days to beta test on Nal Hutta, the Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent classes.

i was able to play to level 10 i think. or was it level 8. eh. it escapes me now. heh.

it was really cool. the voice acting was amazing, and i'm glad they've invested a good amount in that. the way it was when i played, if each class is as well done as the bounty hunter and imperial agent, i'm going to want to play every class. I think that is a sign of a well made mmo. and that was a year ago! lol.

maynard
06-27-2011, 02:27 PM
looks like they are shutting down star wars galaxies in dec 2 make way for TOR... I hope that doesn't mean we wont see TOR till dec or jan of next year...

either way I'm itching so bad for some star wars action I think I'm gonna fuck around on galaxies for a while...

Jeimuzu
06-28-2011, 06:45 PM
looks like they are shutting down star wars galaxies in dec 2 make way for TOR... I hope that doesn't mean we wont see TOR till dec or jan of next year...

either way I'm itching so bad for some star wars action I think I'm gonna fuck around on galaxies for a while...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20074757-10391698.html

I just read about this.. I almost had a heart attack.. I'm now playing Star Wars: Galaxies with my cousin using 2 trials and 2 30 day cards.. I never had a good enough computer to play this game until recently.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-viii-star-wars/38466

This video is heart breaking..

Nemesis
06-29-2011, 06:01 AM
Will there be a subscription for ToR? i forget and can't be bothered to look it up.

devour
06-29-2011, 09:29 AM
yes

alskdjklasjdlkasj

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-29-2011, 06:17 PM
i heard its not 100% yet on weather or not there will be a sub.

im hoping not, it gives me even more reason to quit rift and start playing.

maynard
06-29-2011, 06:29 PM
lol of course it's gonna be a sub game, it's not some shitty free 2 play MMO lol....

they are gonna try and make back some of the over quarter billion dollars they have spent on it..

Xerenix
07-01-2011, 05:23 PM
KOTOR is being sold for around 3$ on STEAM if anyone wants to know more about the Old Republic era. :)

Link
07-01-2011, 07:20 PM
while it may be cheap on steam, beware there are problems with playing an older game on newer computers.

i bought kotor on steam a good while ago, and it's crashed so many times it's crazy.

but it is still a good game.

StarsMine
07-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Really? I never had any problems running Steam version of Kotor on my Win 7 computer

Link
07-02-2011, 07:45 PM
strange. i've been running kotor on my windows 7 64 bit and it has problems. lol. well, i'm happy for ya. hehe

StarsMine
07-02-2011, 08:50 PM
try this http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1620666

Jeimuzu
07-03-2011, 02:30 PM
I've replayed KoTor countless times. On my newest computer however, there was a sound issue that caused the game to crash. I had to disable sound for start up then re-enable it. It was weird.

Link
07-21-2011, 06:44 AM
The Old Republic Now Available for Pre-Order

BioWare, LucasArts and Electronic Arts are excited to announce that they have begun taking pre-orders for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! Pre-Order now to get Early Game Access and as an added bonus you’ll receive a Color Stone to change your weapon effect! Supplies are limited and the order in which you pre-order and redeem your code at The Old Republic’s Code Redemption Center is the order in which we let players in during Early Game Access - so don’t delay! Visit the Pre-Order FAQs for more details.

Three versions of the game are available for pre-order:

The Standard Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic comes with all of the essentials that you will need to get into the game, including the game software and thirty days of game time. The Standard Edition will be available in both physical copies that will be sold at most video game retailers, and a digital edition that is exclusive to Origin.com. Learn more at our Pre-Order page.

The Digital Deluxe Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic, is available exclusively through Origin.com, comes with both the game software and thirty days of game time. In addition, the Digital Deluxe Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic comes with the following digital items that your characters can use in the game:

Flare Gun: Fires flares into the air.
Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance.
HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer.
HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures.
STAP (Single Trooper Aerial Platform): Sleek and unique in-game vehicle.

The limited Collector’s Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic can only be purchased physically. Packaged with thirty days of game time and all of the virtual items that are included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Collector’s Edition comes with a number of physical and digital collector’s items that you cannot get anywhere else:
The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural: 111 pages of notes and sketches by the revered Jedi Master from the early years of the Great Hyperspace War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Features never-before-seen artwork and all-new information.
Darth Malgus statue: The villainous Darth Malgus comes to life with this exclusive 9 in. collectible statue from Gentle Giant studios.
The Old Republic Galaxy Map: 14 x 20 in. at-a-glance look at the known galaxy.
Security Authentication Key Fob: Keep your Lightsaber and credits safe with this custom Security Authentication Key Fob for your game account.
Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD: Seventeen orchestral music tracks from The Old Republic.
Star Wars: The Old Republic game: The full Star Wars: The Old Republic game on DVD-ROM in a collectible metal case.

The following virtual in-game items are exclusive to the Collector’s Edition:

Exclusive Mouse Droid: A faithful droid to join you on your adventures.
Exclusive Collector’s Edition Store: Unique in-game store with a dynamic array of items to assist you from your humble beginnings through your journey to become a galactic legend.
Be sure to act fast and pre-order your copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic now to ensure your place in Early Game Access!

Pre-Order FAQ: http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq#q209658

Pre-Order: http://www.swtor.com/preorder

First come, first serve, limited quantity on initial release, as they said. Don't miss out. :)

Xerenix
07-21-2011, 08:36 AM
The CE edition costs around 150$ for those who are planning to buy it :P

Link
07-21-2011, 08:47 AM
I've been reading on the swtor forum, and i think that in some places the CE is already sold out.

and just buying it from somewhere isn't all there is to it, you need the pre-order code to enter at the swtor site to reserve your copy. and the later you get your code, the less likely you are to actually get the game. amazon has been sending the code a few minutes after pre-pay, origins the same. best buy and gamestop a few hours.

i just went for the digital deluxe edition.

Xerenix
07-21-2011, 08:58 AM
I've been reading on the swtor forum, and i think that in some places the CE is already sold out.

and just buying it from somewhere isn't all there is to it, you need the pre-order code to enter at the swtor site to reserve your copy. and the later you get your code, the less likely you are to actually get the game. amazon has been sending the code a few minutes after pre-pay, origins the same. best buy and gamestop a few hours.

i just went for the digital deluxe edition.

Got my CE Pre-order code this morning :) Had already pre-ordered it a few months ago.

Link
07-21-2011, 09:06 AM
I really thought about the CE, but it's just waaay expensive. lol.

Xerenix
07-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I really thought about the CE, but it's just waaay expensive. lol.

Yeah. It's the statue in the CE edition that makes the price higher. The statue is worth 50-60$ and since the CE edition is limited, you can just wait a year and sell the statue since there are lots of SW fans out there that buy stuff like that.

Disflux
07-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Just a quick reminder for GameStop reserves.

You can reserve the game, Standard or Collectors, online for no charge at all. As long as you choose to have them ship it to store, instead of shipping it to your house, then you don't actually have to pay anything right away today. It's an easy way to quickly get your early access code. If you do NOT pick up the game however, they can charge you for what the down payment would be. So don't think that you're getting a free early access code if you just pre-order like 10 of them.

Otherwise you can stop in stores to reserve it. $5 down payment for the standard, or $25 down payment for the collectors. With GS, you can almost always downgrade to the standard if you find you're not going to have the money to get the game, but if the CE is no longer in their systems when you want to upgrade, you're shit out of luck. The codes are printing out on the receipts for early access, and they are working (I just did mine!)

Are we going to have an Ibis clan going on a specific server?

Xerenix
07-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Are we going to have an Ibis clan going on a specific server?

If so, i hope it will be on the Sith side as i plan to play a Imperial Agent :)

maynard
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
sith warrior for me. so excited!

Link
07-21-2011, 03:41 PM
sith inquisitor/sorcerer here.

i've already got a guild with my brothers and a few RL friends. i don't know offhand, but does it permit different guild memberships on different servers? what about the same server? probably not.

i'd be cool with an IBIS guild, if it can work out.

maynard
07-21-2011, 04:00 PM
it should be like any other mmo, you have 2 be on the same side, and server 2 be in the same guild. I think regardless of jedi or sith, we should all try and get on the same server just the same.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

damn they sold out of CE already lol

Link
07-21-2011, 04:08 PM
I think it's just Origins that is sold out of CE. Try amazon, or gamestop, or bestbuy.

maynard
07-21-2011, 04:09 PM
yeah I could go 2 EB games but I'm not gonna bother... I grabbed the digital deluxe version.

Xerenix
07-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Just had to post it here as it made me laugh.

It's from a thread from the Official Forum about why there won't be fishing ingame.

Hmm, let's see:

Hutta - Poisonous swamp, all fish are horribly mutated creatures that would eat you on sight. Better not go fishing.

Ord Mantell - Wartorn world, full of Separatists and men of fortune. Overabundance of unexploded ordnance polluting landscape and the ocean. Better avoid fishing there.

Tython - Lush landscape, so peaceful, except for those Flesh Raider guys. Who look like Sharks (at least according to Tython chat on the test servers). Just think about it. Sharks that walk. Better don't think what's in that water. Avoid fishing!

Korriban - Barren desert world. Full of evil and Sith. Empty of water, though. The only fish died millions of years ago. Some say it's because the Sith are allergic to water (another reason they never learned to swim apparently).

Coruscant - Are you kidding? Remember the trash thing in the Death Star? Think about an entire planet dumping their garbage down the various drains. Better not fish there!

Dromund Kaas - Nice jungle world. Healthy climate. Well, except for lightning strikes. Some natural, some clearly overly angry Sith raging at the resident weather. Fishing during lightning storms? That's a no. Well, maybe if you're a Sith Sorcerer, but then again, you're probably allergic to water. Dromund Kaas is out.

Taris - Lush jungle world.... full OF A DESTROYED CIVILIZATION. What little water is there is infested by .. things. Probably fish ... with Rakghoul plague. Too dangerous to fish.

Balmorra - Hmm, perhaps. If it wasn't for those bug things. Nasty large bug things. With claws. Ah, and the fact that Empire and Republic are fighting. No relaxing fishing in a war zone. Better avoid that.

Nar Shaddaa - Ah yes, a techno moon. No water to fish there. If there was, it'd be full of drowned gambler corpses and hutts. Hutts don't like being fished. Out.

Tatooine - The Dune Sea. Great place to fish ... for most.. I hear you can fish for Sarlaccs there. But there are Jawas. With Rocket Launchers. Out.

As you can see, it's clearly not very viable to fish in this galaxy. Maybe if you'd fly over to that Calamari planet. But then again, as soon as you'd deploy your fishing gear, all the fish would just go 'It's a trap' and there is that.

:)

maynard
07-21-2011, 04:20 PM
ok so I bought the game through origin, the digital deluxe... so how am I going 2 launch the game when it comes out? never used this system before... is it like steam? or how does this work, any 1 know?

Link
07-21-2011, 04:26 PM
game client from swtor website.

maynard
07-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Customers who have redeemed their Pre-Order Code for Star Wars: The Old Republic will be notified via email prior to the beginning of Early Game Access that the Game client is ready for download. Another email will be sent at the beginning of Early Game Access to inform players that they can now access Star Wars: The Old Republic.

ahh i c, it's not available yet.

maynard
07-21-2011, 05:31 PM
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/125278/ibis <----

for those who are going sith and want 2 group up. if we get enough people ill keep it up. would be nice if we could all group up though so we can all game together rather than be all in diff places.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StarsMine
07-21-2011, 06:20 PM
I dont think I am willing to spend 60 Bucks ONTOP of a monthly fee :/

acolyte_to_jippity
07-21-2011, 06:21 PM

10 points for stars

Xerenix
07-21-2011, 06:45 PM
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/125278/ibis

for those who are going sith and want 2 group up. if we get enough people ill keep it up. would be nice if we could all group up though so we can all game together rather than be all in diff places.

Applied for it tho i won't be using voice chat for a personal reason :)

maynard
07-21-2011, 08:16 PM
most people live in this place called north america where most people have what's known as "expendable income" so it's really not an issue....

and i added ya xer

Chikun
07-21-2011, 08:27 PM
I'll have an over-abundance of characters across many realms/servers. Should IBIS have a Republic guild on one server and a Sith guild on another?

Also, I'm going to shop around and see if I can pick up the CE.

maynard
07-21-2011, 08:36 PM
you should be able 2 get the CE in stores, but id do it sooner than later. was gonna get it but decided it wasn't worth it. they don't really offer anything that great worth the extra 60 bucks.

Disflux
07-21-2011, 11:44 PM

Actually. The game comes with 30 days played time, which is $15. So you're actually paying only $45 for the game! ;)

...and then the monthly fee.

And Maynard I'll join the guild for sure. Bounty Hunters ftw.

maynard
07-22-2011, 12:42 AM
FUCK YEAH! added ya

also it's only 15 a month if you pay per month... with most major mmo's if you buy bundled pre-paid time you can get it normally as low as 9-10 a month.

Disflux
07-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that we had an email that forwarded throughout my region at GS that said that SWTOR is guaranteed to come out before 2012. They're suggesting advertising October Launches. We'll see if that holds true, but that would be totally badass...and would probably destroy any reason for me to buy the other bajillion games coming out.

maynard
07-23-2011, 10:22 PM
and would probably destroy any reason for me to buy the other bajillion games coming out.

couldn't agree more. the guy at EB games told me they were told oct 4'th is the release.

Link
07-24-2011, 06:03 PM
So I just found out that Razer is teaming up with Lucasarts and Bioware to release, with the launch of SWTOR, a line of gaming peripherals.

Check it out.

http://www.razerzone.com/swtor

Since that page lacks real information beyond pictures, I present a news release, complete with specifications and prices.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/08/star-wars-the-old-republic-scores-gaudy-promotional-peripherals/

I'm saving to get the keyboard and headset.

maynard
07-24-2011, 09:09 PM
cool stuff, but I refuse 2 use anything more than a 10 dollar keyboard or mouse. I got micro, I don't need that fancy shit =p

Jeimuzu
07-24-2011, 09:21 PM
cool stuff, but I refuse 2 use anything more than a 10 dollar keyboard or mouse. I got micro, I don't need that fancy shit =p

Plus when you rage you can break it and cheaply replace it. Isn't that right Res?

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Plus when you rage you can break it and cheaply replace it. Isn't that right Res?

thats what cheap 20$ wireless mouses are for... surprisingly.. the mouse has done more damage to my wall then then damage to the actual mouse!

Anyway, ill be playing sith!

maynard
07-29-2011, 03:20 AM
Anyway, ill be playing sith!

StarsMine
07-29-2011, 01:31 PM
You should try spending more on a mouse, 30-50 bucks can get you a really noticeable difference in how well the mouse works, Keyboards.... just look for 6 key rollover, Dont but "gaming' keyboards. its either spend 10-20 bucks(6 key rollover is important) or 100+ for a mechanical, everything in between is a waist.

Also you could drive a truck over the mechanical ones multiple times and they still work, so you dont have to worry about breaking it.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-29-2011, 01:40 PM
You should try spending more on a mouse, 30-50 bucks can get you a really noticeable difference in how well the mouse works, Keyboards.... just look for 6 key rollover, Dont but "gaming' keyboards. its either spend 10-20 bucks(6 key rollover is important) or 100+ for a mechanical, everything in between is a waist.

i bought a sidewinder x6. it is great. plus, it's beautiful. i cound approx. 35$ of its cost as being for the looks. well worth it.

maynard
07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
the only time my keyboards break is when I spill my beer or whiskey in them... ive lost some buttons along the way back in the day smashing it when mad... but never totaled anything outta anger. I refuse 2 spend more than 10 dollars as that shit doesn't make you game any better... I know this cause I pwwn people all day who have 500 dollar head sets and 100+ dollar keyboard/mouse combo's Lol...

StarsMine
07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Its beacause they do nothing to increase your skills. What they do is take advantage of your skill, have no skill, absolutely worthless. Take two people equally very good and skilled, one has a 17 inch monitor with an el cheapo m/k set, along with a person with a 1200P monitor, nice pare of headsets with a mechanical keyboard and a sidewinder x9. That guy will win.
It does not help people who suck at all.
Is it something to wast all your money on? unless your pro, no. Are somethings cheap enough that you should try it out anyways, yes. Look into buying a MX518 or a deathadder along with making your mouse area a good square foot.

Also like I said, gaming keyboards are a total waste of money.

maynard
07-29-2011, 04:38 PM
ive used fancy mouse keyboard combo's, my 1 friend buys a new every few months cause he's retarded, I borrowed his for a while, a while back, didn't improve jack shit. CSS is all reaction time and aim, and a fancy mouse doesn't increase either of those qualities. so you go ahead and keep wasting your money, ill pwwn ya just the same with my cheap stuff =)

ive been playing this game since day 1 of release... and ive played many a lan party's... the people with the fancy gismo's don't always win cause skill is skill.

StarsMine
07-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Skill is a bigger factor yes.

Think about race car driving, a big engine is useless in the less skilled hands. A skilled racer could just whoop the ass of some dumb ass driving a mustang for the first time in a minivan. However, when a skilled racer gets his hands on the mustang, your just done.

maynard
07-29-2011, 11:32 PM
no, it's not the same as that cause with a FPS all that matters is how quick you react and how good your aim is... and mouse and keyboard can't upgrade those factors in any degree... sensitivity controls your flow and reaction time is just who and what you are and naturally how quick and alert you are... no matter what keyboard/mouse combo you get, they will not make you play better. I also want 2 point out my comment was directed at the mouse and keyboard combo's designed for SWTOR... NOT css... or anything else for that matter. ive been playing MMORPG's since 97, hence why I said micro... all though what I said about better mouse keyboard combo's and FPS's still stand the same. Reaction time, and aim are not improved by better mouse or keyboard..... sensitivity is sensitivity and your reaction skills are what they are... money does not improve those areas unless you buy drugs like speed...

the ONLY thing that helps you in CSS is a headset so you can better hear people coming at ya or behind ya better that's it.. and you don't need a fancy 1 either...

StarsMine
07-30-2011, 12:19 AM
I never said it would improve your reaction time. Like I said skill is still skill. You still need the right tools to take advantage of that skill
And input lag from a poorly designed mouse can and will screw you over in cases. Its also why many gaming boards have a specific USB in the back that you can increase your polling with (usb polls, not interupt like ps/2)

maynard
07-30-2011, 12:44 AM
ive yet 2 use a cheap mouse that gave me poor input.

there is no tool 2 make you react, or aim better. more buttons don't do either of that lol.

StarsMine
07-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Never said it would make you react better. However aim better yes, it can help. You can up the DPI and then lower the game sensitivity and you a nice big square foot of work space to aim with.

anyways accept me into the guild bitch :P

Input wise, higher quality mice can have better matrix, causing less input lag at this stage, however some input lag has to do with polling rates on a usb mice, its 100-125mhz default(like I said some gaming boards allow increasing that to 500) depending on factors like the chipset you have. In a twitch shooter every ms counts, while it is not noticeable, if you click at the same time and have the same ping, whoever computer polls first wins. Your reaction time according to the computer with a better mouse can be 2-3ms less with the right equipment. And no its not easily noticeable to us.

maynard
07-30-2011, 01:26 AM
like I said, ive used both. many a time, I see 0 diff. they only can be helpful in games like mmo's where there's a million things/spells you need 2 cast... and like I originally said, I don't need that shit cause I got micro.

anyways accept me into the guild bitch :P

we don't play quiddaj in IBIS.. sorry:smirk

StarsMine
07-30-2011, 01:30 AM
I have no idea what I want to be. Maby an Imperial agent sniper? or an Inquisitor Sorcerer, always end up being a cleric in some form or another in an MMO.

maynard
07-30-2011, 01:31 AM
come join us on the dark side.

StarsMine
07-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Im only looking at sith because the guild is sith. Its not like I wont be able to play as the light side on another character

maynard
07-30-2011, 02:10 AM
from what ive seen. even if you are sith, you can still be either more light, neutral or dark side of the force... so even if you pick sith, you're not entirely for the sith. I noticed in a vid a while ago that even the sith have bars that gage how deep into the sith/evil they are... so prob between all the morale choices you can make, youll be able 2 take a more morale/higher ground even if sith. 300 million dollars in voice acting lol.... it's gonna be epic.

Steamer
07-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Blahhhhhhhhhh... another 10$ a month or so out of my wallet...

Disflux
08-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Just got selected to participate in the current phase of testing! :D

Link
08-05-2011, 08:42 PM
you bastard!

maynard
08-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Just got selected to participate in the current phase of testing! :D

you best start filling us in on everything!

Link
08-05-2011, 09:18 PM
FRAPS is your friend!

maynard
08-05-2011, 09:37 PM
so are screen pics

Disflux
08-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Haha. I'll probably post some screen pics...but not any videos. After all...I don't want to get banned from SWTOR for confidentiality breach before the game even comes out :P. Also...just something I found interesting. The installer said the game requires 38 GIGS of space. O.o. I don't know if that's just placeholder, we'll have to see.

Also, the reason I got into the demo is the account I used was made back in 09/2009. It's a different account from the one I have the game pre-ordered under. Hopefully I can get them to merge the two accounts together.

maynard
08-06-2011, 01:55 AM
look buddy, either start posting a shit load of screens or fraps vids cause if you don't you're gonna get band from this community!!!! ... I'm not joking either:smirk:

Disflux
08-06-2011, 02:07 AM
look buddy, either start posting a shit load of screens or fraps vids cause if you don't you're gonna get band from this community!!!! ... I'm not joking either:smirk:

Somebody is hardcore jelly. And I would love to post a pic...but it's still downloading. And it will be, for quite some time yet. *sigh*. Going to bed. Hopefully this thing is done when I wake up and I can play tomorrow night.

Oh, fyi, the servers seem pretty decent right now. They're running about 100 kb/s under what my normal speed is....but it seems to be throttling pretty well, no spikes. We'll see how it pans out with heavy user load though ;).

I guess since I can't post anything right now for Star Wars...I guess we'll have to go with what is second best

KHHHHHAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!

maynard
08-06-2011, 02:14 AM
you're fucking rights I'm jealous! POST PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_mrgreen:

Disflux
08-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Holy Crap. Still downloading main assets. 3 Gigs to go...and I have no idea what it's going to be downloading after that. O.o. Fyi, the "intro movie" is 1.5gb by itself!

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Oh shit....I just realized it says it's downloading "Main Assets 1". 1?!?! 1?!?!?!?!? God DAMNIT! That means there's going to be a 2! And maybe even a 3! I don't think this download will EVER finish :((((

Link
08-06-2011, 06:15 PM
some SWTOR stuff (leaked beta stuff)

dont share it outside of this thread. i'd rather it not get taken down by EA. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygKKvRtwlF4 - sith inquisitor cinematic

http://www.2shared.com/video/5Y_Yi63H/Error_66_wwwkeepvidcom.html - character creation screen video

http://www.2shared.com/video/D5XWzAhM/SWTOR_Jedi_Knight_Gameplay_www.html? - jedi knight gameplay - long

Disflux
08-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh my gentle jesus...I just got home and it's STILL DOWNLOADING. It's now on "English Assets 1". 10 gig download, and it seems the servers are getting more populated as my download speed is now cut in half. This is seriously going to take forever to download.

maynard
08-10-2011, 04:16 PM
more leaked footage/pics plz =p?

Disflux
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
more leaked footage/pics plz =p?

Haha. Unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance to even play it yet. The beta came live Tuesday night, and starting early yesterday morning my parents are getting our roof re-shingled so they had to take down the wireless transceiver that we get our internet from since I have wireless DSL (I live out in the boonies). Also, I'm in the process of packing since I'm moving next Friday to my apartment in Madison...where I won't have internet for possibly a few days (18 meg connection though! Woot!). So hopefully I can get some playtime in sometime soon :banghead:

Edit: Sorry about the absolutely terrible run-on sentence....this is what happens when I post things from my phone.

Link
08-11-2011, 01:53 PM
does your phone not have the technology to use commas? xD

Disflux
08-11-2011, 02:07 PM
does your phone not have the technology to use commas? xD

Nope. Commas is are deads to it.

StarsMine
08-18-2011, 01:34 AM
Sith co-op at Gamescon
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-star-wars/719047

Disflux
08-18-2011, 02:07 AM
Sith co-op at Gamescon
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-star-wars/719047

Ok. So I've been playing Old Republic beta between packing for my move this Friday and I have to say that it's about as polished as Rift when it first came out (Which I thought was actually really well polished). For a beta, that's fucking amazing. However, I'm still only in the starting areas. So far I"m having a blast. The voice acting is superb for all the quests I have done, and after you get used to the combat and quest system you can plow through enemies with no remorse.

Unfortunately, this game is WAY TOO CPU DEPENDENT. If you have less than a Quad Core or a high end Dual core processor you're going to be seeing a LOT of issues. Each time you go up to a quest giver that utilizes voice acting (all of them) it requires a small load to get into that audio file. The audio file then has to be synced with the in-game cinematic to prevent any glitching between video and voice. Many of the quests that I have done have been part of a personal instance style areas (like WoW's phasing schematic). Which is nice, but having to constantly load and reload all of the people in the area between stepping back and forth between your own phased instance area and the "common world" can definitely stress out a CPU.

Literally, the OR beta forums are plastered with people talking about CPU load issues.

So...make sure you upgrade your CPU and RAM before the Old Republic comes out. Even though they've hinted at minimum requirements...dont' believe them, as I find that they're ballparking it a bit too low.

Link
08-18-2011, 01:46 PM
i've got 8 gigs of ram. i think that should be enough. i think i have a 3.1 dual core. my motherboard is capable of supporting up to an i7.

if i really thought i needed to, i have 200 i could spend on an i5 i think is in that price range. but i gotta be careful not to need more power else i'd need to upgrade my power source...

StarsMine
08-18-2011, 02:41 PM
i've got 8 gigs of ram. i think that should be enough. i think i have a 3.1 dual core. my motherboard is capable of supporting up to an i7.

if i really thought i needed to, i have 200 i could spend on an i5 i think is in that price range. but i gotta be careful not to need more power else i'd need to upgrade my power source...
Link this is why we build our own computers.
Also if it was made by HP or dell, or a similer OEM, Dont do any upgrade on it w/o upgrading the PSU. the PSUs that most OEMs use bairly pass atx extremely lax standards
Im assuming 1156 socket with what you described, is this Dual core HT?

Anyways you should not have to upgrade to play this game.

Link
08-18-2011, 02:48 PM
my computer was built by a student in graphics design school. i traded my ps3 to get it from him. :P

maynard
08-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Here are the system requirements for SWTOR:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000 or better / Intel Core2 Duo Processor 2.0 Ghz or better
RAM: At least 1.5 GB or better for XP / 2 GB or better for Windows Vista/7 / PC's using built in graphic chipsets 2 GB RAM is recommended.
Hard Drive: 8x DVD-ROM or better
Video: ATI XT800 or better / NVIDIA 7800 or better / Intel 4100 or better. 256 MB minimum video RAM, shader 3.0 or better fully compatible graphics card.

Link
08-18-2011, 02:59 PM
i attached a screenshot of my computer stats i think. heh.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Here are the system requirements for SWTOR:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000 or better / Intel Core2 Duo Processor 2.0 Ghz or better
RAM: At least 1.5 GB or better for XP / 2 GB or better for Windows Vista/7 / PC's using built in graphic chipsets 2 GB RAM is recommended.
Hard Drive: 8x DVD-ROM or better
Video: ATI XT800 or better / NVIDIA 7800 or better / Intel 4100 or better. 256 MB minimum video RAM, shader 3.0 or better fully compatible graphics card.

wait, what?

StarsMine
08-18-2011, 04:25 PM
i attached a screenshot of my computer stats i think. heh.

Terrible thing to post specs with. Uses CPUID or something, anyways, no you can not put an i7 in that rig, its a 775 socket. Dont even bother upgrading the CPU, You will have to upgrade the Board as well. and if it was built by someone smart, you should be able to upgrade to more power hungry parts just fine. My suggestion is when the game comes out, and it feels lacking performance wise. Upgrade to an ivybridge setup or SB-E (bulldozer has no upgrade path, am3+ will not take anything newer, thats for the new line of sockets, FM2) Though if you are lacking in performance, it will be more likely that its a gpu bottleneck and not a cpu one.

maynard
08-19-2011, 06:01 PM
0ZsLKzOTsaY&feature=feedu

devour
08-20-2011, 08:02 AM
since it is in closed beta, the game hasnt been fully optimized for lower end computers. thats something most developers iron out during open beta (and recently after launch, aside from rift -_-)

Xerenix
08-20-2011, 10:57 AM
543lyjmr7yM&feature=player_embedded

Here is a 14 minute match of Huttball. Look during the 12:00 time to see an epic smuggler win.

Been trying to embed it into the forums but no luck :/ <---- fixt =)

acolyte_to_jippity
08-20-2011, 02:27 PM
smuggler?

Xerenix
08-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks maynard. Mind posting the code for the embeded youtube so i can use it next time?

Also, the smuggler win is around 12:20. He has the ball and right at the goal with only around 5% hp, he faces 2 Sith player alone and he stuns the first with a flashbang then the second one with a Dirty kick in the balls then wins.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks maynard. Mind posting the code for the embeded youtube so i can use it next time?

Also, the smuggler win is around 12:20. He has the ball and right at the goal with only around 5% hp, he faces 2 Sith player alone and he stuns the first with a flashbang then the second one with a Dirty kick in the balls then wins.

ok, they were saying gunslinger

Xerenix
08-20-2011, 05:43 PM
ok, they were saying gunslinger

Gunslinger is an advance class of Smuggler. :)

maynard
08-20-2011, 06:12 PM
the part of the youtube link you want is always after the =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LP8zUZ1P0&feature=feedu

then you just wrap it in [ youtube ] L9LP8zUZ1P0&feature=feedu [ /youtube ] <-- minus the spaces

StarsMine
08-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Anything at and past the & is unneeded

maynard
08-20-2011, 06:17 PM
I find it easier 2 just copy from the = till the end

well not easier... but simpler and quicker

Xerenix
08-20-2011, 06:17 PM
the part of the youtube link you want is always after the =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LP8zUZ1P0&feature=feedu

then you just wrap it in [ youtube ] L9LP8zUZ1P0&feature=feedu [ /youtube ] <-- minus the spaces

I see, i just put the whole adress between the tags.

Thanks again Maynard!

maynard
08-23-2011, 04:36 PM
luKynXnf378&feature=feedu

brett friggin favre
08-23-2011, 11:41 PM
to me it just looks like a reskinned, polished version of damn near every other mmorpg out there. sure it has its own little...special things, but at the end of the day it comes down to combat (for me), and the combat looks the same as everything i've ever seen. i totally understand people enjoying stories, especially the star wars story, and i would totally understand people wanting to play the game for the reason of being involved in that. but from a purely gameplay standpoint i see nothing new and that's rather frustrating to me.

maynard
08-24-2011, 12:07 PM
to me it just looks like a reskinned, polished version of damn near every other mmorpg out there

you can say that about any game lol... 90% of mmo's all follow the same UI and combat system cause it's the most convenient. you can easily go 2 any FPS and just claim it's a "re polished version" of something prior 2 it... or 2 almost any game of any genre...

Xerenix
08-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Some news.

Game test weekends will start next week around September 2nd.

World PvP info has been released:

Many different neutral planets that players can fight over, with territory control.
There will be bases, turrets, and other objectives that players can control on these planets (Ilum is one example planet).
Can call in bombing runs on the enemy base once planetary defenses are down.
Valor (and other) rewards for players who participate. 'Mercenary' commendations can be earned via World PvP to purchase the best PvP gear.

pwnage
08-29-2011, 09:59 PM
I can't wait for this to come out, gonna be awesome

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-01-2011, 03:30 PM
i cant decide where to blast my money at. Where should i but the game and which special edition should i buy.

StarsMine
09-01-2011, 10:57 PM
buy anywhere buy origins. Origins has some nasty hang ups in the EULA that I simply can not agree with. Like originally if you didnt use your origin account for 30 days it would freeze and no longer be accecable. It was heavily petitioned, but all EA did was extend it to 2 years. I have gone years not playing games. Hell I have gone years playing MMOs. And if this is any indication of how EA treats their customers who use origins, I will not ever use it.

Link
09-10-2011, 03:30 PM
check out the new Smuggler progression video!! it's badass.

XX0wnsXY
09-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Looking forward to this game. Playing vindictus (F2P) until this comes out :D

Xerenix
09-24-2011, 06:53 AM
BioWare and LucasArts are pleased to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 22, 2011 in the European Launch Territories! The announcement was first made by BioWare co-founders Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk during their keynote address at the 2011 Eurogamer Expo in London, England. Speaking to a packed room of press and fans alike, Dr. Muzyka acknowledged the weight of the moment and the patience of the fans.

“This is an incredible moment for everyone at BioWare and our partners at LucasArts who have dedicated their lives to build this extraordinary game. We appreciate the patience from the millions of fans who have been waiting for the game’s release.”
Each copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic will come with 30 days of subscription time, after which you have the option to continue playing with one of the following monthly subscription fees:
1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)

Those who have pre-ordered the game and entered their pre-order code on StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com are eligible for Early Game Access. If you haven’t yet reserved your copy of the game, be sure to visit our Pre-Order page and secure your place in the Old Republic now!

We want to thank you for your continued passion, dedication and support. Though one part of this incredible journey is coming to an end, we are confident that you all share our excitement for this new beginning. Be sure to check back to StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com as well as our Twitter and Facebook pages for all the latest news and updates on Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Yeah.. I leave on the 20th to a place with barely any internet and won't be home until after new years eve :/

Link
09-24-2011, 11:47 AM
bummer man. :P

now that I have a release date, I'm going to see about getting a week off of work to play. haha.

Belphegor
09-25-2011, 12:07 AM
i'm gonna wait awhile til i get this game, mostly because you probably won't be able to get in on launch day because EA is cutting off the number of people allowed in on the servers to cut down the congestion on the servers. not to mention you gotta wait at least a month or two for them to work out all the bugs and glitches, so i'm gonna bide my time and wait for Guild Wars 2.

StarsMine
09-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Wait wait wait. I just got two emails that assumed I was part of the beta testing.
Was I really part of the beta test and did not know it? FUCK

Belphegor
09-29-2011, 08:54 PM
i know same here, i mean sure i signed up to beta test but never got that email to join so its kinda awkward getting something like this, almost like they're rubbing it in our faces or something.

Disflux
09-30-2011, 12:17 PM
i know same here, i mean sure i signed up to beta test but never got that email to join so its kinda awkward getting something like this, almost like they're rubbing it in our faces or something.

Easiest way to find out if you're in the beta or not. Go to http://www.swtor.com/ , Under community go to forums. If you can log in, and then on the bottom if there is a forum for "Game Test". Then you're in the beta. They just started the new build about a week ago, so you didn't miss out on too much with the first build. If you can see that part of the forums, well then, you need to find the email that directs you to the download link for the latest beta client downloader -.-'.

Link
09-30-2011, 12:20 PM
EA and Bioware sent out 2 emails the other day which went to many more people than they intended (people who never tested the game).

I got them both, but I was a tester.

Disregard them if you never tested it.

Chikun
09-30-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm in the beta currently. I've been downloading the game client for 3 days now off my shitty air card. I'm about to explode with anticipation.

Chikun
11-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Bumping this thread instead of making a new one. To those of you who are in the Beta, let's get a group going.

maynard
11-02-2011, 01:22 PM
I grow tired of waiting for this game...

emTr0
11-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I've wondered about this game. Recently signed up for the beta. Don't think I'll get in though.

Maladjusted
11-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Im in beta for this, I got bored pretty quickly. its ok.. but i wouldnt pay a monthly fee for it.

Disflux
11-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Im in beta for this, I got bored pretty quickly. its ok.. but i wouldnt pay a monthly fee for it.

Mala only plays terrible games though, like CSS.

Oh wait...

This is a CSS forum, isn't it? :headache:

maynard
11-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Your account has been selected to participate in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program. ..... FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VLnWf1sQkjY

brett friggin favre
11-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Your account has been selected to participate in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program. ..... FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell us if it's worth it. from a purely gameplay perspective, i'm thinking it's only marginally better if that than anything else out right now. guild wars 2 if you want gameplay, TOR if you want story.

maynard
11-09-2011, 09:32 PM
unless you've played both, shut up. or ill destroy you.

Chikun
11-09-2011, 10:15 PM
My opinion of the game thus far is that it re-defines the term "theme-park mmo". There is far too much direction as to where you can go to level up and quest. World design is very static for specific leveling brackets. Example: planet A for 1-10 leveling, planet B for 10-15 leveling, planet C for 15-25 leveling, etc. Crafting is overly simplistic, it needs to be better tuned. What I like about the crafting is that when you make an item you can reverse engineer it to gain back some components and a chance to learn an upgraded version of it. However, gameplay is also simplistic and don't expect things to be difficult for your character to kill things.

Overall this game is clearly designed for casuals with little to no appeal for any hardcore players or even anyone who wants a little challenge. If this game had another 6 or so months to go to add in more worlds and detail this game would be totally worth the subscription but as it is it's a single player RPG with MMO elements in it. I feel EA has hindered yet another game by trying to rush it.

Edit: Although there are many similarities between TOR and WoW you would be just plain wrong to call this game a WoW clone.

Link
11-10-2011, 02:05 PM
my brother just got a beta invite last night.

he gets to play tomorrow, saturday, and sunday.

which means that after he goes to work tomorrow and saturday...i'm going over to his house. lol.

and this time, i'm not restricted to Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent. Inquisitor all the WAY!

I'm debating whether or not to record anything. lol

emTr0
11-10-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm debating whether or not to record anything. lol

Yes, record and post! :icon_mrgreen:

emTr0
11-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Got an invite for the beta!

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Guess who is going beta! Thissss guyyy

Link
11-11-2011, 05:23 PM
actually, everybody signed up for beta is now getting into beta. including those who are currently testing or have previously tested.

so...yea. next weekend or the one after that, probably....

i got the same email :P

maynard
11-12-2011, 08:46 AM
fucking loving this game so far.

emTr0
11-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Friggin sweet dude.

StarsMine
11-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Everyone got asked?
I was unable to play it this past weekend :( Was it just for vetrens day weekend?

emTr0
11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Everyone got asked?
I was unable to play it this past weekend :( Was it just for vetrens day weekend?

No. :(

Does this announcement mean I can play Star Wars: The Old Republic this weekend (November 11th to 13th)?

No it does not, unless you have a previous testing invite - either to this weekend (November 11th to 13th) or to general Game Testing (ongoing). The Beta Testing Weekend we are referring to will happen within the next few weeks.

When will the Beta Testing Weekend start?

It will happen in the next few weeks. We'll have an announcement on the exact timing closer to the weekend's start.

Will this be the final Beta Testing Weekend?

Currently, we expect it to be.

Will I be able to download the game client in advance of the weekend?

Yes, we will be sending out invites to download the game client in advance of the upcoming weekend.

via: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10672193

:headache:

emTr0
11-17-2011, 09:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfLVs88_ffw&hd=1

via MMORPG (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameId/367/videoId/2144)

maynard
11-18-2011, 07:37 PM
I got an extra weekend beta key, needs 2 be redeemed by midnight CST tonight... pst me on steam if you want it.

if you haven't expressed an interest in this game, don't bother asking, not gonna waste the beta key on someone who isn't gonna really play at all.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

beta codes given out. don't bother asking.

emTr0
11-21-2011, 09:53 AM
What character is everyone going with?

Sin
11-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Sith Juggs, cuz I'm a better tank than Mikey.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Sith Juggs, cuz I'm a better tank than Mikey.
that is a lie. I took a serious role change to heals this game just so you can feel like you are a better tank. <3

emTr0
11-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Downloaded and updated the client but can't play till the 25th. :banghead:

Sin
11-22-2011, 02:40 PM
that is a lie. I took a serious role change to heals this game just so you can feel like you are a better tank. <3

You mean you took a serious role change to heals just so you could be terrible at that, too. Stick to DPS, sir.

StarsMine
11-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Downloading the client now :smirk:

maynard
11-22-2011, 09:33 PM
whoever gets on first, say what server you went on, and obviously pick a lower traffic 1.

this way we can all meet up. or keep in touch anyway.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-22-2011, 11:08 PM
whoever gets on first, say what server you went on, and obviously pick a lower traffic 1.

I agree with this 10 fold. I wasn't aware it was a new server every beta weekend. On top of this i was thinking about "Guild" on release day what server do we plan on going to? If we can confirm that some of the existing servers will remain for launch we should pick one of those as we are best off when it comes to a server community to integrate with and recruiting.

maynard
11-22-2011, 11:25 PM
well I got us put down for a PVP server as the only diff between pvp and PVE is that there is more contested areas, so more run in's with Jedi SCUM! ... which is how the game should be.

regarding the clan though I have no fucking idea how it works... if it automatically gives us a server and we all just end up on it or we all have 2 manually pick it and communicate which 1... I guess time will tell.

Steamer
11-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Have to wait till the 25th. =\

emTr0
11-23-2011, 09:07 AM

Definitely. Maybe post a few here before actually joining to narrow it down?

Link
11-23-2011, 06:04 PM
i just got my beta details email.

i'm going to be in at 10am on Friday.

i'll let you know what server I get into.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-23-2011, 06:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ByVv1.png

just gonna leave this here...

maynard
11-24-2011, 12:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ByVv1.png

just gonna leave this here...

if you believe that shit... I laugh at your ignorance.

Xerenix
11-24-2011, 01:13 AM
My beta starts on Friday too but i have to help my Sister move stuff out of her apartment the whole day :/

acolyte_to_jippity
11-24-2011, 02:16 AM
if you believe that shit... I laugh at your ignorance.

lol. i have absolutely zero interest in any game i would have to pay a subsctiption to play. i just found it funny

maynard
11-24-2011, 02:19 AM
lol. i have absolutely zero interest in any game i would have to pay a subsctiption to play. i just found it funny

I figured as much. only children who have never played a MMO prior 2 WoW try and compare everything else 2 it given it was there first MMO lol.... the truth is WoW stole a shit load of shit from other existing MMO's and is not original at alll...

you should try a P2P MMO though... there's a reason you pay, it's not for nothing lol and it beyond shows when you're playing.

F2P games have NOTHING on P2P

acolyte_to_jippity
11-24-2011, 02:30 AM
I figured as much. only children who have never played a MMO prior 2 WoW try and compare everything else 2 it given it was there first MMO lol.... the truth is WoW stole a shit load of shit from other existing MMO's and is not original at alll...

you should try a P2P MMO though... there's a reason you pay, it's not for nothing lol and it beyond shows when you're playing.

F2P games have NOTHING on P2P

i have neither the time nor money to play any p2p things.

maynard
11-24-2011, 02:43 AM
i have neither the time nor money to play any p2p things.

yet you're an admin of ibis gaming... odd statement lol

any 1 who acts like 10-15 bucks a month is a lot of money.. well needs some serious help Lol... (not directed at you)

acolyte_to_jippity
11-24-2011, 03:10 AM
yet you're an admin of ibis gaming... odd statement lol

any 1 who acts like 10-15 bucks a month is a lot of money.. well needs some serious help Lol... (not directed at you)

i am a member of this community and am glad to help keep the servers running and free of shitheads. however, the only thing subscribing to a p2p game would do is put money in the hands of the company that makes it. at ibis, my money goes to improving the servers directly.

also, 10-15$ a month is quite a bit to me, considering how i'm at school, paying rent utilities and food. the money i build up over my last co-op needs to last me another 4 months, until my next co-op cycle starts, so i really don't have the cash to spare since i'd rather not be forced to ask my folks for more money than they're already paying for my school. plus, i don't have the time to make it worthwhile. my grades are bad as it is, and adding another distraction on top of tf2, css, LoL, Skyrim, Stargate, and anime is not a good idea.

maynard
11-24-2011, 03:14 AM
at ibis, my money goes to improving the servers directly.

actually putting money into a P2P game does what you said "money goes to improving the servers directly."

it's with that money that P2P games constantly release new content, fix issues that pop up and have top notch customer service.

granted you're a student... I still don't understand the logic of 15 dollars being a lot though unless you're scared 2 work... minimum wage is what... 8 dollars there or something? christ even if it was an even 5 it's like 2 hours a month of work 2 support a P2P and get about 10 times more than you would out of a F2p.

if F2P games were on the same level as P2P I could kinda understand... but they aren't even remotely close... there's a reason people pay into P2P MMO's... and it's not cause they like throwing money out the window... it's cause they want a solid gaming experience which you will only get with a P2P MMORPG

Xerenix
11-24-2011, 07:27 AM
if F2P games were on the same level as P2P I could kinda understand... but they aren't even remotely close... there's a reason people pay into P2P MMO's... and it's not cause they like throwing money out the window... it's cause they want a solid gaming experience which you will only get with a P2P MMORPG

Not entirely true.

I play Lotro which is F2P now and it's more fun and solid than most P2P MMORPG's that i've ever played.

maynard
11-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Not entirely true.

I play Lotro which is F2P now and it's more fun and solid than most P2P MMORPG's that i've ever played.

ive played that and it doesn't compare 2 any P2P game like WoW in terms of Content...

there's a reason 10's of millions of people pay 2 play MMO's when they could just do it for free...

any 1 who has delved into both P2P and F2P MMORPG's knows you get far more with P2P... if you didn't, P2P wouldn't exist...

ive played basically every F2P mmo you can name that's known and ive played pretty much every P2P MMORPG over the last 13 years or so... ive yet 2 see a F2P MMO even come remotely close 2 what a P2P offers.

emTr0
11-25-2011, 10:23 AM
30 minutes to weekend beta! :w00t:

maynard
11-25-2011, 12:41 PM
emtr0: dude
emtr0: what server are you on
emtr0: im darth malak
emtr0: pvp
emtr0: east
emtr0: sith btw

see you all there.

emTr0
11-25-2011, 12:46 PM
emtr0: dude
emtr0: what server are you on
emtr0: im darth malak
emtr0: pvp
emtr0: east
emtr0: sith btw

see you all there.

Woops thanks for that, forgot to post it here.

Chikun
11-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh, forgot to mention. I don't know if they balanced it out yet but if any of you play a Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer), the madness tree is OP as hell for pvp. Top of the damage and kill chart all day everyday.

maynard
11-25-2011, 01:25 PM
ill be on server

terentatek

they still have my last beta character saved.

it's also power population than the server emro is on.

emtro, switch servers before you do a buncha shit! I got into tarentatek right away, no que.

maynard
11-25-2011, 01:41 PM
my character name is maynard

Bah... apparently some people having issues getting back on their previous beta characters.. I am 1 of these people and now it says I'm logged in and wont let me make a new character Lol....

xerenix got on fine though.

XX0wnsXY
11-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Ugh..no beta .. no preorder. I'm slipping.

maynard
11-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Ugh..no beta .. no preorder. I'm slipping.

you could have still opted in for the beta at the swtor website.

emTr0
11-25-2011, 03:08 PM
ill be on server

terentatek

they still have my last beta character saved.

it's also power population than the server emro is on.

emtro, switch servers before you do a buncha shit! I got into tarentatek right away, no que.

Dammit! That's PVE and I'd have to make a new char. :headache:

Steamer
11-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Stop crying! I can't even fucking play till tomorrow... Now I will QQ.

emTr0
11-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Recreated on terantatek or whatever. It's PVE but meh. I'll get caught up to last char. Not too hard since it was only level 4 lol.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

FYI my char name is "Emtro" with an O, not a zero.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Will be home in about an hour. Is the server still the same? My inhale name will be djmikey I'm lookin to pick the best power heals class. Any suggestions?

maynard
11-25-2011, 04:57 PM
make sure you go on the server terentatek

maynard
11-25-2011, 05:48 PM
just a reminder 2 any 1 who hasn't been around since I first posted about the ibis guild for swtor

feel free 2 apply.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-25-2011, 06:45 PM
So im in game, right server an all. Ill be in vent, i decided to go with inquisitor stretch off in to a full heal spec for instances as a guild. My in game name is DJmikey

emTr0
11-25-2011, 07:07 PM
I'll be on later tonight + vent.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-25-2011, 09:07 PM
<-------best mmo player ever

maynard
11-26-2011, 03:16 AM
bounty hunters pwwn!

Xerenix
11-26-2011, 05:56 AM
bounty hunters pwwn!

QFT

My char name is Wycoss btw.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-26-2011, 05:56 AM
got in a fight cant play now, will be vent tmrw BLAHG drunkage ahhgg'

StarsMine
11-26-2011, 12:38 PM
wait, you guys changed to taretatek?
damn you all, I had made my charachter on malak like emtro did

acolyte_to_jippity
11-26-2011, 01:05 PM
what are the names of the servers? i've always liked seeing what they decided to name servers after. looks like darth malak and the tentratek, but the others?

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-26-2011, 04:01 PM
what are the names of the servers? i've always liked seeing what they decided to name servers after. looks like darth malak and the tentratek, but the others? aco is a fag, yodafet, aco got his balls chopped off by a light saber, frufru, sithter, acofag, doucheaserver, and many many more.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-26-2011, 06:14 PM
aco is a fag, yodafet, aco got his balls chopped off by a light saber, frufru, sithter, acofag, doucheaserver, and many many more.

i would play on frufru. because i'm a boss

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-26-2011, 07:56 PM
i would play on frufru. because i'm a boss hahahahaha

emTr0
11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Kinda bummed that my beta weekend is up. Does anyone know the real answer to whether or not they plan to wipe all chars? So many mixed answers.

maynard
11-27-2011, 11:16 PM
yes, you will lose the character. wont take long 2 re do what ya did though given you know all the quests now and shit.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-28-2011, 06:45 AM
yes, you will lose the character. wont take long 2 re do what ya did though given you know all the quests now and shit. That does not make any sense at all though. Thats like punishing beta testers for helping them get ready for launch.

maynard
11-28-2011, 07:33 AM
dude, it's beta testing.. lol the game isn't released yet.. being a beta tester does not give you a advantage on every 1 else and let you play the game early.... it lets you play the game 2 report any issues or bugs. your characters will be removed and come dec 15'th you will have 2 start over again, I will bet any amount of money you want on this....

for someone who claims 2 be an epic MMO'er you shoud know this :smirk:

emTr0
11-28-2011, 08:43 AM
I guess I should greatly consider pre-ordering to get that five day head start then...

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-28-2011, 08:49 AM
I don't think iv ever played a beta that resulted in a mass rollback. Part of the reason being no one is maxed and able to test end game content so to keep beta treater chars around to play end game would be ideal. I see no point in mass roll back and fear it may discourage players to purchase or continue playing at launch. Non theless we should reroll on a PvP server and immidiatly start guild ingame at kaas city.

emTr0
11-28-2011, 09:42 AM
I don't think iv ever played a beta that resulted in a mass rollback. Part of the reason being no one is maxed and able to test end game content so to keep beta treater chars around to play end game would be ideal. I see no point in mass roll back and fear it may discourage players to purchase or continue playing at launch. Non theless we should reroll on a PvP server and immidiatly start guild ingame at kaas city.

YES PVP! Even if it doesn't roll back and I'm able to keep my char, I'd consider paying for the transfer...

If it does then we should definitely go PVP.

Sin
11-28-2011, 10:35 AM

What P2P game beta have you played that they DON'T delete characters? Even the game you played most (Guild Wars) they deleted beta characters. Actually most P2P/B2P games that have open betas have a huge "Cleansing" of all characters. I remember MxO's end of beta. lol They literally killed everyone's characters by smooshing them with the big red eyes in the sky. Most epic beta ever, too bad the game did so poorly.

On that note, betas are for testing. If you're lucky enough to get into alpha testing, then you're one of the few that get to test the end game content with high-level characters throughout the beta. That's how most games work. They want the most dedicated testers, the ones who give thorough and drawn out feedback, to test their end-game throughout the whole developing process. During the end of closed betas phases, they start giving out more keys in order to better stress test their servers, and then open beta further stresses the servers out.

At least that's how most well-known devs do it.

All-in-all the game is great. Lots of graphical glitches, broken quests and major lag spikes, but other than that the game is pretty polished for a closed beta.

EDIT: Remember, beta tests are not to play the game as if it's launched. It's to test for bugs and shit, especially in the early levels.

emTr0
11-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Seriously though, we should coordinate which PVP server we'd all join so someone doesn't spend time on the wrong one. Darth Malak was pretty good but any sith/na/east/pvp should do. They're adding servers before launch too.

Maybe a SWTOR vent lobby?

acolyte_to_jippity
11-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Seriously though, we should coordinate which PVP server we'd all join so someone doesn't spend time on the wrong one. Darth Malak was pretty good but any sith/na/east/pvp should do. They're adding servers before launch too.

Maybe a SWTOR vent lobby?

i thought it was agreed that you would all join frufru

emTr0
11-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Some related links on SWTOR...

IBIS:

Guild Page (http://www.swtor.com/guilds/125278/ibis)
Guild Roster (http://www.swtor.com/guilds/125278/ibis/roster)
Guild Public Forums (http://www.swtor.com/guilds/125278/ibis/public-forum)
Guild Private Forums (http://www.swtor.com/guilds/125278/ibis/private-forum)
Guild Allies/Adversaries (http://www.swtor.com/guilds/125278/ibis/allies-adversaries)
General Guild FAQs (http://www.swtor.com/guilds/faq)
Guilds Overview (http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/guilds)

:wtg:

brett friggin favre
11-28-2011, 02:17 PM
a summation of my thoughts on swtor after beta play:

voice acting is cool. now i actually play an mmorpg with the sound on
feels smooth, open, lots of options...like a world instead of a hallway
looks puuuurty
buuut....it just doesn't do enough for me

worth a 1 time purchase? yes. worth a monthly fee? unfortunately no but that all depends on economic status...mine puts me in a spot that makes it not worth that much.

emTr0
11-28-2011, 02:28 PM
More links:

Sith Warrior Class Guide (http://www.starwarsmmolevelingguide.com/class-guides/sith-warrior/)

Sith Warrior/Marauder Info (http://topswtorguide.com/swtor-sith-marauder-skills-tree-good-abilities-list-of-this-sith-warrior-marauder-advanced-class/) (my adv class)

and a general link:

SWTOR Skill Tree Calc (http://torguild.net/calculator/)

maynard
11-28-2011, 05:50 PM
I guess I should greatly consider pre-ordering to get that five day head start then...

you wont get the full 5 days. I believe that's only for people who pre ordered from the get go.

what mainstream MMO have you ever beta tested where you got 2 keep your character?

cause ive yet 2 see 1 ever do this... as it's kinda common sense that you're fucking every 1 over who wasn't a beta tester over if you do that. people race 2 be the first 2 max lvl, and 2 do other various things... letting the beta testers keep their characters gives them an un fair advantage. the point of beta is for testing, not 2 allow you 2 get a lead on every 1 come launch.

also my beta character from the previous week testing phase wasn't even available come this testing phase.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-28-2011, 07:04 PM
you wont get the full 5 days. I believe that's only for people who pre ordered from the get go.

what mainstream MMO have you ever beta tested where you got 2 keep your character?

cause ive yet 2 see 1 ever do this... as it's kinda common sense that you're fucking every 1 over who wasn't a beta tester over if you do that. people race 2 be the first 2 max lvl, and 2 do other various things... letting the beta testers keep their characters gives them an un fair advantage. the point of beta is for testing, not 2 allow you 2 get a lead on every 1 come launch.

also my beta character from the previous week testing phase wasn't even available come this testing phase.

Rift didnt mass roll back. on a lighter note id like to ask if our guild is all set for launch, we need to choose a server by dec 2nd. I got an email about it today.

also for anyone who plans on playing the game, register and apply to the guild, you have until Dec 2nd to do so. You can apply here http://www.swtor.com/guilds/125278/ibis GO GO GO!!!! Lets have a high presence of ibis community members ingame on launch day! =D

also as your healer, look at and discuss http://torguild.net/calculator/sith-inquisitor/sorcerer/?p=21231221221220122313200002000000000000002000000 0000000000

maynard
11-28-2011, 07:42 PM
not 100% sure how I pick the server. am REALLY hung over today, will figure it out tonight.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-28-2011, 08:45 PM
not 100% sure how I pick the server. am REALLY hung over today, will figure it out tonight.

Woot! apart from that out guild is flagged "Ready" so we are set either way.

maynard
11-28-2011, 09:04 PM
few more weeks and we will all be pwwning

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-28-2011, 11:18 PM
i was all like "Lord zash, im not your slave!" and she was all like "but darling i got you a spaceship to go explore the galaxies!"

yay.. pretty sure that was my highlight of the beta testing.. to bad im done tell launch day now )=

maynard
11-28-2011, 11:27 PM
How will a server be chosen for my guild?

When we begin placing guilds on servers, we will take into account all the information that has been provided, including the server type and the allies and adversaries you have selected. We will make reasonable efforts to place each guild according to their specified preferences but cannot make any guarantees given the anticipated volume of guilds (among other factors).

sooooo I guess we don't actually pick the server, based on what type of guild we are they just randomly place us. and I put us as a PVP guild.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-29-2011, 07:53 AM
i was wondering if its possible to have added a separate sub forum for threads and topics about this game, like a "Guild forum" thats directly linked to the ibisgaming community. Granted we could just use the guild site forums but thats different then posting on the forums here and being a part of this community.

maynard
11-29-2011, 08:01 AM
I believe we have a forum on our ibis guild page

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-29-2011, 08:03 AM
I believe we have a forum on our ibis guild page

we do, and im down to use that. Id prefer to keep people close to "Home" by having them post here, at any rate we can always link.

emTr0
11-29-2011, 08:05 AM
sooooo I guess we don't actually pick the server, based on what type of guild we are they just randomly place us. and I put us as a PVP guild.
:w00t:

i was wondering if its possible to have added a separate sub forum for threads and topics about this game, like a "Guild forum" thats directly linked to the ibisgaming community. Granted we could just use the guild site forums but thats different then posting on the forums here and being a part of this community.
Wouldn't it be considered a "server" where it would get its own forum like the other servers here?

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-29-2011, 08:10 AM
no, a game with a sub forum tab like you see on the main page "Counter Strike" "Intros" "Anime" "SWTOR Ibis Guild"
this game is a great opportunity to gain more community members and talented gamers, bloggers, and i guess the occasional d-bag. But they can be handled with.

maynard
11-29-2011, 08:12 AM
I don't really see that happening. I can make a thread and sticky it in the servers section or we could just use the swtor forums.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-29-2011, 08:14 AM
I don't really see that happening. I can make a thread and sticky it in the servers section or we could just use the swtor forums. Then swtor forums it is for calendars class reviews and other various game related topics.

maynard
11-29-2011, 08:15 AM
yeah swtor forums, I agree.

emTr0
11-29-2011, 08:18 AM
yeah swtor forums, I agree.

I concur. Maybe a sticky forum topic/link to the SWTOR guild forums?

maynard
11-29-2011, 08:21 AM
once the swtor website is back up and I can get the link ill make a thread with the link in the servers section.

emTr0
11-29-2011, 08:29 AM
once the swtor website is back up and I can get the link ill make a thread with the link in the servers section.

That's some mighty fast work, sir.

maynard
11-29-2011, 08:34 AM
done and done

Sin
11-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Rift didnt mass roll back.

TRION deleted all beta characters. You're probably thinking of the Head-Start launch. Which is something all MMO devs do.

maynard
11-29-2011, 09:17 AM
TRION deleted all beta characters. You're probably thinking of the Head-Start launch. Which is something all MMO devs do.

that's what I assumed he meant.

emTr0
11-29-2011, 09:30 AM

From @SWTOR (http://twitter.com/#!/SWTOR/status/141290509967695872) on Twitter.

maynard
11-29-2011, 09:31 AM
beta characters NEVER carry over lol

Sin
11-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah, beta characters carrying over in a P2P game would be bad business logic.

maynard
11-29-2011, 06:41 PM
sooo.... I finally got my new credit card info changed for my pre order... but for some retarded reason, they can't just change credit card numbers... they have 2 redo the purchase completely... so now I'm kind of worried that I might not get credit for the full early access... I asked the guy... but he had no fucking clue... and the first time i called the guy dumped me on hold for 20 minutes and I'm sure it's cause he didn't know wtf was going on either... he asked me of I got SWTOR for PC or console... so right there I was like ok, fuck this and I hung up on the idiot. not giving my credit card info 2 a cretin...

they better not fuck me on my early access or heads will seriously fucking roll

brett friggin favre
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
sooo.... I finally got my new credit card info changed for my pre order... but for some retarded reason, they can't just change credit card numbers... they have 2 redo the purchase completely... so now I'm kind of worried that I might not get credit for the full early access... I asked the guy... but he had no fucking clue... and the first time i called the guy dumped me on hold for 20 minutes and I'm sure it's cause he didn't know wtf was going on either... he asked me of I got SWTOR for PC or console... so right there I was like ok, fuck this and I hung up on the idiot. not giving my credit card info 2 a cretin...

they better not fuck me on my early access or heads will seriously fucking role.

its funny that i seem to point these things out at times of anger. *roll :icon_mrgreen:

maynard
11-29-2011, 08:38 PM
don't be a bitch... ya bitch:smirk:

let me vent in peace!:icon_mrgreen:

Sin
11-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Did you get your early access key added to your acct already? The longer you wait the less chance you have of getting full early access. :x

emTr0
11-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Reserving at GameStop today. They don't charge till it ships or it's ready for pick up but you still get the pre-order early access code. :w00t:

Xerenix
11-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Just a notice, i will only be available on the Early access days and launch day for this game as i will be away from the 21st to possibly after new year with barely any internet connection.

About forums for the SWTOR Ibis guild, i'll suggest using Enjin (http://www.enjin.com/) as it's free and very useful then put a link for it on these forums.

emTr0
11-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Just a notice, i will only be available on the Early access days and launch day for this game as i will be away from the 21st to possibly after new year with barely any internet connection.

About forums for the SWTOR Ibis guild, i'll suggest using Enjin (http://www.enjin.com/) as it's free and very useful then put a link for it on these forums.

Damn that sucks. Hopefully the reason for the lack of internet is awesome! lol

Btw why use Enjin when we could just use the official SWTOR guild forums if not the IBIS forums?

maynard
11-30-2011, 04:38 PM
yeah... we'll just use the SWTOR forums. I'm sure they will be sufficient

emTr0
11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
If you have the client installed I recommend checking it weekly for updates so you aren't slammed with a big one later.

maynard
11-30-2011, 06:54 PM
in my experience using the beta launcher causes issues when trying 2 run the actual released game.. Ive seen it happen many a time.... so don't be surprised if there's issues if you try using the beta launcher.

emTr0
11-30-2011, 06:58 PM
in my experience using the beta launcher causes issues when trying 2 run the actual released game.. Ive seen it happen many a time.... so don't be surprised if there's issues if you try using the beta launcher.

Damn, so much for avoiding a big download. In that case should I completely uninstall it and then reinstall when I get access to the early download?

maynard
11-30-2011, 07:01 PM
I would wait and see if it works, but there's a strong possibility that you will have 2 uninstall and re install... but time will tell... id just leave it installed for now.