PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Spring Anime Overview

RamenPoodle
06-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey guys,

Look forward to my overview of all the anime this spring. Overall, this season was absolutely fantastic, one of the best in recent memory. If you are following them as well, then awesome, but if not, then I can't wait to share with you the series that I've been enjoying these past weeks. The article is coming very soon!

acolyte_to_jippity
06-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Hey guys,

Look forward to my overview of all the anime this spring. Overall, this season was absolutely fantastic, one of the best in recent memory. If you are following them as well, then awesome, but if not, then I can't wait to share with you the series that I've been enjoying these past weeks. The article is coming very soon!

is freezing, deadman wonderland, and break blade going to be in it?

ZERO
06-12-2011, 03:39 PM
WTF series are those? I am following like 20 shows and none of those are amongst them.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-12-2011, 05:10 PM
WTF series are those? I am following like 20 shows and none of those are amongst them.

http://www.animeseason.com/freezing/
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/break-blade-online
http://www.animeseason.com/deadman-wonderland/ (http://www.animeseason.com/freezing/)

RamenPoodle
06-12-2011, 07:12 PM
is freezing, deadman wonderland, and break blade going to be in it?

Freezing was last season. DW will definitely be in it. Break Blade not only started last season but is a set of movies, therefore I do not count it as a Spring 2011 anime.

Series that will be included:

30-sai no Hoken Taiiku
A-Channel
Astarotte no Omocha!
Ao no Exorcist
C
Deadman Wonderland
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Dog Days
Hanasaku Iroha
Hen Zemi (actually maybe I won't bother with this one)
Hidan no Aria
The World God Only Knows II
Maria Holic Alive
Nichijou
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Softenni
Steins;Gate
Tiger and Bunny

Since this is such a long overview I will be dividing it into three parts. Expect the first part, like, tomorrow, probably.

KaMiKaZi_NiNjA
06-20-2011, 01:32 AM
F
Ao no Exorcist
Deadman Wonderland

Watching both of these and I watched freezing, all pretty awesome

taz1stP
06-21-2011, 07:57 AM
is the second one worth watching

RamenPoodle
06-23-2011, 01:29 AM
hell yeah it is

Also been totally lazy. Overview coming very soon.

taz1stP
06-23-2011, 08:39 PM
i stated to watch it it is a good one but the title of it just dousnt make it out to sound like a good one i thought it would be like alice in wonderland type thing but its far from that and is a good anime for sure.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-23-2011, 08:50 PM
i stated to watch it it is a good one but the title of it just dousnt make it out to sound like a good one i thought it would be like alice in wonderland type thing but its far from that and is a good anime for sure.

deadman wonderland is awesome. it was made by same people behind one of the greatest anime ever, eureka seven (you can easily see it too)

taz1stP
06-23-2011, 11:53 PM
not a fan of your so called greatest anime ever

acolyte_to_jippity
06-24-2011, 12:04 AM
not a fan of your so called greatest anime ever

i said one of. it's actually the third, if you want to get technical.

behind evangelion in first and GITS (1st and 2nd series) in second place. then after eureka it's elfen leid, outlaw star, bebop, and panty and stocking w/ garterbelt

RamenPoodle
06-24-2011, 01:33 AM

That's the point. "Deadman Wonderland" is a name that is supposed to evoke juxtaposition between something sinister-sounding and something fluffy-sounding, which is exactly what the series does with its crazy amusement-park theme. Never judge an anime based on the title. After all, if you did that you might think Puella Magi Madoka Magica was some cute healing anime. XD

taz1stP
06-24-2011, 10:31 AM
i guess your right. but a lot of bad anime i have seen have bad titles or just dont make any since to me. but this one is deff. one of the top of this year so far.

Starfish :3
06-25-2011, 04:44 AM
That's the point. "Deadman Wonderland" is a name that is supposed to evoke juxtaposition between something sinister-sounding and something fluffy-sounding, which is exactly what the series does with its crazy amusement-park theme. Never judge an anime based on the title. After all, if you did that you might think Puella Magi Madoka Magica was some cute healing anime. XD

actually cause of the word "Puella" in there i thought it had something to do with frying pans XD but turns out it is just latin for "young girl" or something

RamenPoodle
06-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I took 4 years of Latin in high school so I knew what "puella" meant already. Actually the use of Latin in a title of anime is a pretty good sign that a series will be more than it seems to be.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-25-2011, 10:48 AM
ao no exorcist is frakking amazing...

StarsMine
07-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Watching that now. waiting to see what the students will do when they find out his secrets. though its a shonun so I can probably predict it now.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Watching that now. waiting to see what the students will do when they find out his secrets. though its a shonun so I can probably predict it now.

i just watched the episode where he saves blondie by uding the flames, while fighting mephy's brother. then the chick that is channeling that stupid bitch from gurren lagann shows up. i think it's ep. 11 or 12?