PDA

View Full Version : Connection rejected by game?

superbatranger
06-23-2011, 03:46 PM
OK, so a few times over the past few weeks I've gotten that message. At first, I thought it was some sort of error, because I was able to join a gungame a while later the same day. But then it started becoming more frequent. Wondering why this was happening, I decided to look things up. All I got was that my IP address could have been banned. That's when I started getting confused. If that were to be true, then why is my IP address supposedly being banned and unbanned in a completely random pattern? Is there something I'm not being made aware of? It's just odd when that message shows up preventing me from playing, but later the same day I can play just fine. I know I shouldn't bothered too much since I can still play like 95% of the time, but I would just like to know why it does happen to me. The best comparison I can think of is if I were to go to a bar. They let me in, I have a few drinks and I leave. Later the same day, I come back to find they won't let me in. The following day, I go back and they let me in. I know it's not exactly the same, but I hope you can see where I'm going with this analogy.

Edit: I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Could someone move it to the appropriate forum? I think that would be either the servers forum or gungame forum, but I'm not entirely sure which one.

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-23-2011, 04:32 PM
i had the same issue as well, best bet is to start searching valve forums regarding the issue. I have no idea what is causing it either. Ass for the wrong place to post.. you are requesting user help are you not? (;

superbatranger
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
i had the same issue as well, best bet is to start searching valve forums regarding the issue. I have no idea what is causing it either. Ass for the wrong place to post.. you are requesting user help are you not? (;
True, but I wasn't sure if it qualified as user help or if it's a problem with the server or what. By the way, thanks for the Valve forums idea. I'm gonna go see if I can find anything useful there.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-23-2011, 05:03 PM
True, but I wasn't sure if it qualified as user help or if it's a problem with the server or what. By the way, thanks for the Valve forums idea. I'm gonna go see if I can find anything useful there.

first rule is always google the error before reporting here. :wtg:

Link
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
in my experience, that message is displayed when the server is either full, or at 21/22 slots, at least for gungame.

superbatranger
06-23-2011, 05:21 PM
first rule is always google the error before reporting here. :wtg:
That's what I did, and what I could find only talked about IP addresses being banned. For example, in some forum Google led me to, this guy had the same problem. Apparently, his IP was banned because he lived in Russia for some reason.

But, 30 minutes later, I was able to join just fine.

ZERO
06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Strange, it is likely some internal steam issue or the server is actually full and gives you the wrong message.

superbatranger
06-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Strange, it is likely some internal steam issue or the server is actually full and gives you the wrong message.
I thought that as well, because I mainly see it when the server is 21/22. But, there are times when I see it when the server is 15/22 or 19/22 or along those lines.

y8gamesfree
07-29-2011, 06:49 AM
I see 19/22.