PDA

View Full Version : my craigs list response

brentidge
06-24-2011, 04:47 AM
i saw a cool desk on c list for 35$ and i simply asked if it was a sturdy desk if so i would love to buy it and this is what i got lol

Sturdy is as sturdy does. It's your usual plastic woodgrain covering epoxified sawdust. For $2 worth of liquid nail, you're set for life in case someone over 5 sits on the desk. It's a showhorse, not a workhorse. I'm outa patitudes.

If you want sturdy, get some milk cartons and rebar wire and top it off with a castaway closet door and 2 or three folding closet doors for shelves (stated sincerely and wthout condescension)...this outfit is more suited for designing women and Ikea fans.

After posting my ad, I looked at others and found that anything under $100 is sawdust, so you'll find them all to be equally limited in stress tolerance. This outfit does lend a 1960's futuristic touch, like George Jetson...yeah, you'd have to be over 50, right?

Scott 480-628-0776

how should i reply lol reminding everyone i am 22 lol and suprisied he thought i was over 50 with my horible grammer and spelling lol

Rosie
06-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Dude that is an epic response. I kinda want to buy that guy a beer.
Respond with some sort of story about how you were hoping that this desk could restabalize your front porch after the flood knocked it down and washed away your favorite cow. Then tell him since it wont do that does he think it will hold a large TV without falling on your legless dog.

brentidge
06-24-2011, 05:41 AM
oh my rosie plz type what the exact story in how i should reply word for word epic idea!

Rosie
06-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Man Scott that sucks. I really wanted to use the tale to hold up the end of my porch. About 3 weeks ago my Jacuzzi broke and weakened the end of my porch. I say Jacuzzi but really it was an old bathtub my uncle Eddie let me have. I put it up on block and had a Kerosene heater below it. Man those were good times. But anyway my cousin Eddie knocked it off the blocks doing cannon balls. He had done it before in real hot tubs but guess mine wasn’t strong enough.
Anyways since it will not help with the porch I was wondering do you think it could hold my TV. Now if you do not think it will hold let me know because my dog sleeps inside the old console TV my TV is sitting on now, and I don’t think he will stop sleeping there. It’s been hard for him to move around since Eddie hit him with the lawnmower, it messed up his back legs pretty good. Anyways man just let me know what you think. If it will hold the TV I can probably get it this weekend.

After I read you were in Arizona I thought the flood might be a stretch. So hope this works for you.

Oh yeah here is a clip of Your cousin Eddie doing a cannonball in a hot tub, in case he doesn't beleive you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grx1cnbt4dA&feature=related

H.Bitch
06-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Jesus christ the lack-of proper grammar use in this thread is making question if I'm going insane or if you guys have psychosis..

Epic response to an epic reply though.

brentidge
06-24-2011, 02:15 PM
that was just great thank you so much i just sent it i will keep you posted with his reply lol

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

and h.bitch stop being such a bitch and ignor horrid gramer ans spelsing

Steamer
06-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Jesus Christ, the lack of proper grammar use in this thread is making me question if I'm going insane or if you guys have psychosis...

Epic response to an epic reply though.

Fixed.

Rosie
06-24-2011, 04:11 PM
I will appologize for my grammar. The 7 AM time is usually the begining of the day, but in this case it was just before I sat through a 8 hour budget meeting for my school on 2 hours of sleep. Some of the language was worse until I realized that he was in AZ. I am in the South and the grammar was horrid on porpuse to begin with.

brentidge
06-26-2011, 05:52 AM
he never reply ed back to that response

taz1stP
06-26-2011, 09:40 AM
lol i wonder why.