PDA

View Full Version : Dear Admins some advice (Hopfully)

DJ_MikeyRevile
06-29-2011, 09:02 AM
as i have just re united myself to the community it is to my knowledge that any person who sees it necessary can search a steam id or name and find there source ban tied with our servers. So with that said, in the case that my more then likley assumption is true, please admins keep the following in mind.

-The reasons for why you ban some one.
If the reasons are hacking specify this in attempts to keep this person from ever finding a server that will keep him/her, down the line. Other reason should not be rash or ignorant.

-the length you have banned some one.
The length you ban some based off your personal experience regarding a players behavior can be easily misinterpreted. Leaving one unsure how severe that specific person had acted vs the amount of time you deemed necessary.

-admins actively participating on the forums
though it isnt expected of you it is still a good idea to be active on the forums, to browse posts, and even get to know the rest of the community. As an admin it helps in alot of cases to know whats currently happening regarding bans and especially ban requests, this provides things to look out for as an admin in the servers.

This is just some advice i feel i can give with my current understanding of how the new system will work and is currently working regarding bans. the bans ibis admins make refelects its community members as well and i for one know ibis is above great!

some feedback on what i have started would be great!!!

Steamer
06-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Good advice.

xenofei
07-29-2011, 03:31 AM
I'm pretty fair with bans, like just two days ago: the gun game server had a team-damage-aholic whom I warned three times, I kicked him as a warning,and then I banned he/she for ten minutes.

lt.rambo
07-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Good advice, thanks man for the help.

ZERO
08-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Yea the comments you make on a ban can be important for other and future admins to decide how to punish that same player in the future. So make sure that your descriptions are accurate becuase they help everyone :wtg: