PDA

View Full Version : New Admin System

ZERO
06-30-2011, 12:09 AM
As mani still does not have an update and given the time that has already passed we will just continue to go with this update as if it is live. I am currently moving back to ga over the next few days so things will continue to be delayed.

Please post anything that still needs to be done or any glitches in the new system below so they can be fixed.

Currently the only thing I know of is the afk manager needs to be added.

For those who's admin does not work please PM me. If you are sure your signed up via the forums please ensure your steam id is correctly entered in your profile with STEAM in full caps so it is STEAM_ not steam_

Also if your admin is NOT working please try to log into: http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/ if you can not access your admin there then it is not working correctly.

H.Bitch
06-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Will the new admin system have any effect on members signing up for adminship the first time around? I don't know what your system is like currently, but I think back in 2009 or so when I was originally an admin for ibis, you had to manually activate us.

ZERO
06-30-2011, 12:52 AM
No they will instantly activate. There is an automated system that prevents banned admins from getting admin and automatically will change them to a reserved slot if they do order admin. :wtg:

itsme
06-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Earlier on the ZM server, someone Zteled from zombies who were about to tag him. In spectator I saw him so I informed him I was going to freeze him for the current round, and the next. I froze him the first round and it worked fine. However the second round he was unfrozen at the EXACT same time he typed in chat 'I'm sorry.' I did not unfreeze him. Being semi AFK I did not see he was unfrozen until a bit later in the round so I grabbed the demo from SourceTV and saw what happened. Also I don't see my warning in admin chat in the demo, which is another possible bug.

@ 64800 He Zteles.
@ 66400 I warn and freeze.
@ 67900 I freeze again.
@ 68700 He gets unfrozen at the exact same time he says 'I'm sorry.'

EDIT: Turns out the freeze from the menu is only a temporary 10 second freeze. I personally liked it better when it was permanent.

EDIT: Just found out that if you make a map vote and choose 'Change at the end of the round' it changes it immediately after the vote finishes anyway.

EDIT: The 'move to spectate' feature is currently not in the new admin system, unless I missed it somewhere. The ability to turn NoBlock on/off would also be nice. And atm the only way to turn AllTalk on is to make a vote for it. Since the AllTalk vote always turns out to be yes, would it be possible to add a feature to toggle AllTalk on/off to skip the need of making a vote?

pwnage
06-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Earlier on the ZM server, someone Zteled from zombies who were about to tag him. In spectator I saw him so I informed him I was going to freeze him for the current round, and the next. I froze him the first round and it worked fine. However the second round he was unfrozen at the EXACT same time he typed in chat 'I'm sorry.' I did not unfreeze him. Being semi AFK I did not see he was unfrozen until a bit later in the round so I grabbed the demo from SourceTV and saw what happened. Also I don't see my warning in admin chat in the demo, which is another possible bug.

@ 64800 He Zteles.
@ 66400 I warn and freeze.
@ 67900 I freeze again.
@ 68700 He gets unfrozen at the exact same time he says 'I'm sorry.'

EDIT: Turns out the freeze from the menu is only a temporary 10 second freeze. I personally liked it better when it was permanent.

EDIT: Just found out that if you make a map vote and choose 'Change at the end of the round' it changes it immediately after the vote finishes anyway.

EDIT: The 'move to spectate' feature is currently not in the new admin system, unless I missed it somewhere. The ability to turn NoBlock on/off would also be nice. And atm the only way to turn AllTalk on is to make a vote for it. Since the AllTalk vote always turns out to be yes, would it be possible to add a feature to toggle AllTalk on/off to skip the need of making a vote?

lol, those are pretty much everything I've been wondering about, too! :wtg:

Andrew_Pavlik
06-30-2011, 03:38 PM
I know that when you talk in admin to all, it only shows up as that an 'admin' said something, not which admin. However if you are an admin you see your name in ALL chat as being said it. We figured this out yesterday in GG

acolyte_to_jippity
06-30-2011, 04:56 PM
can we get it to display admin names for commands to everyone? not just other damins?

sm is retarded for that.

ZERO
06-30-2011, 06:01 PM
I may b able to write a program for that too :wtg:

Link
06-30-2011, 07:18 PM
i agree about permanent freeze. that's important.

as far as public admin chat, i like that it doesn't display the admin's name to players, just to admins.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-30-2011, 08:16 PM
i agree about permanent freeze. that's important.

as far as public admin chat, i like that it doesn't display the admin's name to players, just to admins.

...why?

Link
07-01-2011, 07:30 AM
because players dont need to know which admin is telling them to stop TKing, or camping their church, or exploiting a glitch. they just need to stop whatever it is that they're doing, regardless of who in admin chat says it. xD

besides, i like anonymity. haha.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-01-2011, 12:26 PM
because players dont need to know which admin is telling them to stop TKing, or camping their church, or exploiting a glitch. they just need to stop whatever it is that they're doing, regardless of who in admin chat says it. xD

besides, i like anonymity. haha.

that's retarded. you need accountibility. that's one of the biggest problems i have with 4chan/anonymous. there's no accountability. if you want to hid behind something while you use admin, then cancel your subscription. displaying names keeps the players aware of who is using admin on them, and this in turn prevents abuse.

Joker
07-01-2011, 06:42 PM
that's retarded. you need accountibility. that's one of the biggest problems i have with 4chan/anonymous. there's no accountability. if you want to hid behind something while you use admin, then cancel your subscription. displaying names keeps the players aware of who is using admin on them, and this in turn prevents abuse.

actually I hate to prove you wrong, but not displaying names actually would decrease the abuse, and also everything that every single admin that's in the server can see who ran the command. The if there is only one admin on than everyone knows who ran the command anyway, also link is right for the fact that it doesn't matter which admin tells a player to follow the rules because they should be following them anyway. The only thing that the not showing name option would change is that how honest admins turn out when they are asked who did ran which command because the logs for everysingle admin command is logged anyway. Will more than likely turn every admin out for them selves, that's all

ZERO
07-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Starting tomorrow I will be working on getting settings and mods configured on the servers after confirming all pending admin stuff. Which may take awhile as I have like 100 emails to sort though. We will then return to normal schedule on Tuesday. :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
07-02-2011, 12:50 PM
actually I hate to prove you wrong, but not displaying names actually would decrease the abuse, and also everything that every single admin that's in the server can see who ran the command. The if there is only one admin on than everyone knows who ran the command anyway, also link is right for the fact that it doesn't matter which admin tells a player to follow the rules because they should be following them anyway. The only thing that the not showing name option would change is that how honest admins turn out when they are asked who did ran which command because the logs for everysingle admin command is logged anyway. Will more than likely turn every admin out for them selves, that's all

and if they don't have the tag on?

Link
07-02-2011, 03:04 PM
if they are un-tagged then they're just another player and should refrain from using it, unless they're in stealth mode in which case they should quickly slip it on before they rape the loser that needs to be banned or whatever.

H.Bitch
07-02-2011, 08:18 PM
It could be just coincidence, but I don't have access to any admin commands at the moment. Is it possible that the SM isn't instant activated yet? Or should I restart steam entirely to get it to take effect? Granted I just paid for the subscription an hr ago, but I'm not sure what to expect... also where's that admin TOS at so I can give it a gander?

ZERO
07-02-2011, 09:06 PM
It takes effect after map change. I can see that your powers are live in sourcebans on the web side so they only way they could not work is if your steam id is wrong or the servers have not changed map yet. :wtg:

H.Bitch
07-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Ah yeh I just noticed that, WCS is pretty relaxed since I regular there, was on GG for like five minutes and had a guy running around TKing everyone and mic-spamming like he was high on crack. Gotta love it... yep working now thanks for the heads up :lmao:

Razzor
07-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Which Admin system is being used now? SM?

acolyte_to_jippity
07-03-2011, 06:05 PM
if they are un-tagged then they're just another player and should refrain from using it, unless they're in stealth mode in which case they should quickly slip it on before they rape the loser that needs to be banned or whatever.

but, how do people know who is the admin if they don't have a tag on? it makes it far easier to abuse when the general population can't see the admins.

StarsMine
07-03-2011, 06:33 PM
We have logs of who done what, and any user can look at source bans

acolyte_to_jippity
07-03-2011, 07:02 PM
We have logs of who done what, and any user can look at source bans

So? it's an accountability thing.

itsme
07-04-2011, 06:42 PM
I recommend immediate removal of the vote gravity command. At this point it is ridiculous. There is not one day I can play on the zombie server without having an admin put up the grav vote. Of course everyone picks the highest number (3200) which makes the map barely playable, and on some, make it unplayable. And at the moment the only way to set it back to 800 is to put up another vote... and that is just disastrous since it doesn't say who votes for what.

It wouldn't be a bad thing to take the command to put up the vote out since there really is no reason for us to have it. The only problem is the map DeathStarEscape but even then I would rather put up with 615 gravity until the server crashes rather than being stuck on 3200 for a half hour.

So until(if) we get Rcon back, I would like to request that votegrav is taken out. Or adding the option for us to enter the gravity manually wouldn't be a bad option either.

Please don't get me wrong, it is all in good fun the first couple times. But it gets Old. Fast.

Sorry for raging :chillpill:.

StarsMine
07-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Admins can change everyone's gravity manually.
And you guys must have some really shitty zmod admins D:

acolyte_to_jippity
07-04-2011, 07:36 PM
And you guys must have some really shitty zmod admins D:

i don't think we can change gravity anymore, since no-one can use rcon at this time.

StarsMine
07-04-2011, 07:44 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

One of the Best stunts to pull on people was set gravity to someone to very low, wait for them to jump, then set it to highest, watch them drop like a rock.

itsme
07-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Last I checked it didnt work.

Steamer
07-04-2011, 09:13 PM
You can change individual gravity.

Server gravity is off limits atm.

Individual = sm_gravity <player> <#>
Server = sv_gravity <#>

Joker
07-06-2011, 12:49 AM
You can change individual gravity.

Server gravity is off limits atm.

Individual = sm_gravity <player> <#>
Server = sv_gravity <#>

you can also do it from the admin menu

ZERO
07-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Remember that you can access commands like that via rcon_gravity

See the thread of Universal Updates here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/6705-Universal-Updates-v1.0.1

BladeTwinSwords
07-15-2011, 03:32 PM
ZERO can you give us the ability to set roundtimes. For maps like Aperture Science, there isn't enough time to finish the map.

Steamer
07-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Could you also add or write and extend map plugin?

Also, yesterday on ze_pred I canceled a fail vote and made another to keep it on the map and the server changed it anyway when don't change was voted in.