PDA

View Full Version : Cpt. Zotie 07/03/11 1:27pm STEAM_0:0:38993875

SCRIBBLE
07-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Name in Game: Cpt. Zotie
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:38993875
Where: WCS
Link to ban: http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:38993875&advType=steamid
Reason for perma ban: Wallhack. Throughout both demos posted he is obviously using walls. If you want instant verification go to tic 9000 on the westwood demo.

EDIT: I have upgraded the ban to PERMA via SourceBans. If a clan wouldn't mind changing the name to reflect this it would be great. The title is misleading.

H.Bitch
07-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Funny you mention it, I was playing against him in GG last night and I was thinking the same thing... walls. Unfortunately some guy named SUCK MY COCK kept bypassing his ban and spamming the server so I was occupied with that doucher to really look into Zotie.

Joker
07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
scribble[nuke];109929']Server: WCS
Time: 1325
Player: Cpt. Zotie - STEAM_0:0:38993875

Throughout both demos posted he is obviously using walls. If you want instant verification go to tic 9000 on the westwood demo.

EDIT: I have upgraded the ban to PERMA via SourceBans. If a clan wouldn't mind changing the name to reflect this it would be great. The title is misleading.

Wait a minute, how did you upgrade it to a perma? Because normal admins shouldn't be able to do that period.

SCRIBBLE
07-03-2011, 10:40 PM
scribble[nuke];109929']
EDIT: I have upgraded the ban to PERMA via SourceBans.http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php

Cpt. Zotie
07-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Steam-ID: Steam_0:0:38993875
Who banned me: Scribb something
When: 7-3-11 13:27
Where: Aztec
Why Banned: wall hacking
Link to Ban: sorry idk how

Other/reason to unban:
1. I do not know how to hack
2. This is my favorite server of all time! My brother and I play here all the time and this is how we "connect" because I'm in college and what not...
3. no other wc3 server compares to this one... please let me back ill do anything.
4. i was 30-17 when i was banned... wouldn't my score be better if i was hacking?
5. I do not know how to hack

Cpt. Zotie
07-05-2011, 12:36 AM
I am trying to view your evidence against me and I am unable to open the file.

Please advise...

I have a mac

thanks,

Brennan

acolyte_to_jippity
07-05-2011, 12:53 AM
I am trying to view your evidence against me and I am unable to open the file.

Please advise...

I have a mac

thanks,

Brennan

you do know how to play a demo, right?

Cpt. Zotie
07-05-2011, 01:20 AM
obviously not........

Please advise

Thanks in advance

acolyte_to_jippity
07-05-2011, 07:25 AM
download the file, put it in your steam/steamapps/<username>/counterstrikesource/cstrike folder, then go to counter strike ant type in demoui into the console, then load your demo and play it

SCRIBBLE
07-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Steam-ID: Steam_0:0:38993875
Who banned me: Scribb something
When: 7-3-11 13:27
Where: Aztec
Why Banned: wall hacking
Link to Ban: sorry idk how

Other/reason to unban:
1. I do not know how to hack
2. This is my favorite server of all time! My brother and I play here all the time and this is how we "connect" because I'm in college and what not...
3. no other wc3 server compares to this one... please let me back ill do anything.
4. i was 30-17 when i was banned... wouldn't my score be better if i was hacking?
5. I do not know how to hack

You should re-post this in the "Unban Me" section Zotie. It will not do you any good here as people will just tell you it's the wrong section. The "link to ban" is asking you to link to this thread.

edit: Disregard the above as ZERO has changed the format of unban requests and how bans are to be administered.

ZERO
07-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I am updating this thread to comply with the new format as an example :wtg:

maynard
07-06-2011, 12:12 AM
I actually found nothing of significance in the westwood demo, everything could pretty much be explained by sound, radar and the enemy running pretty much the same pattern every time... he knew that someone was in there at 9k, and given the majority of the rounds prior, they run upstairs after planting, I woulda aimed at the balcony or the lower door myself.

but what I did find funny was him following you on the other map at around 25k tick mark and up. shortly after 25k tick he was following people through the walls all the time. even when you were flying around in the air making no sound, he was still following you through the walls, and knew when 2 turn around and head the other way a few times.... watch the 37k tick mark, hella funny.

SCRIBBLE
07-06-2011, 10:18 AM
I actually found nothing of significance in the westwood demo, everything could pretty much be explained by sound, radar and the enemy running pretty much the same pattern every time... he knew that someone was in there at 9k, and given the majority of the rounds prior, they run upstairs after planting, I woulda aimed at the balcony or the lower door myself.

but what I did find funny was him following you on the other map at around 25k tick mark and up. shortly after 25k tick he was following people through the walls all the time. even when you were flying around in the air making no sound, he was still following you through the walls, and knew when 2 turn around and head the other way a few times.... watch the 37k tick mark, hella funny.

Maynard I disagree, as it is extremely obvious at the 9k. Zotie watching him upstairs through the wall, lets his teammate run in, sees the enemy on the move to figure out who was defusing, runs in, sees him moving down in the ladder well, doesn't look ANYWHERE else for him, turns around the corner and pops him in the head coming down the ladder. Please use r_drawothermodels 2 , not a mat_wireframe command. Sounds doesn't give you enough information to keep your cross hair fixed on someone through a wall. There is no way he saw him on radar because if you watch from his teammate's perspective, he doesn't ONCE put his cross hair on the enemy to allow him to be lit up on radar. Peripheral sight doesn't light people up on radar.

As far as the dustenasi demo goes... I'm certain you will see this behavior in any demo you pull with Zotie in it. He pulled the "but I'm 37-17 how could I be hacking" excuse and that just made me more aware of him following people in the corner of his screen instead of directly looking at them. There were a few times I intentionally stayed hidden (in the demo you can hear me feigning misdirection "where the fuck am I" while exploring a spot there was no way he could know where I was) to see what Zotie would do. Of course he kept checking the one unlikely spot a player would be over and over while bigdumbanimal was defusing.

edit: also that 35k tic mark in dustenasi is the same situation as the 9k tic mark in westwood...

maynard
07-06-2011, 12:58 PM
he wasn't fixed on him through the wall, he was aiming at the door on the balcony... and like I said given 90% of the time they were running up there, it makes perfect sense. when he enters the house, I woulda side strafed in front of the stairs 2 expecting the person 2 either be there, or behind the bar in the actual bomb room.

but as I already said the other demo shows far more interesting things.

and no, the 37k tick actually shows him following someone through the roof that's flying around in the air above, it's kinda funny. as where in westwood he doesn't actually sit there locked on him, other than for a second or 2 after he's already been watching the door for a bit...

SCRIBBLE
07-06-2011, 03:57 PM
he wasn't fixed on him through the wall no, but just because he didn't have the crosshairs on the player the entire time doesn't mean he isn't using walls. He DID put his crosshairs on the player model several times THROUGH the wall. Why even point at the wall? Why not keep your crosshair on the balcony waiting for the player to come out? He didn't. Given the method he uses to find people at any part on any map it is safe to assume that he wasn't making a clever guess as to where that guy was behind the ladder well, he knew he was there.

The 37k tic shows more than me flying through the air and him following. It shows him coming out to the bombsite and aiming at a part of the map that isn't typical for players to be sitting in. I was behind a wall that you can't get to unless you access the skybox. Why did he look at the rooks of the wall instead of the roof of the building? This is why I compared the two as the same situation.

All disagreement aside, what's your verdict?

I'm also taking into consideration that westwood is a smaller map and what he was doing can be confused for sound,radar,or even tactical knowledge of map but the ease in which he finds people is congruent with the way he does in dustenasi.

maynard
07-06-2011, 05:42 PM
scribble[nuke];110114']but just because he didn't have the crosshairs on the player the entire time doesn't mean he isn't using walls.

doesn't mean he is for sure either. this is counter strike, random crazy things happen all the time... shit when I bought admin people first claimed I was only doing it 2 not get perma band for hacking Lol....

as for the ladder, those flame preds had been coming at him the previous rounds as well, he knew it was bound 2 happen, he also on his radar could see his teammate get offed by 1 of them just a few feet away on the water tower thing... and his other teammates were trying 2 kill them before he did, which means they would have showed up on his radar when they were trying 2 kill them which is what most likely happend. like I said, everything can be explained pretty much at the 9k tick mark.

SCRIBBLE
07-06-2011, 06:11 PM
I do not consider what I see in combination to be random crazy things. I consider a single or two occurrences to be random crazy things.

Please cast a vote on whether or not to ban this guy. You have watched the demo and stated your case. One vote has been cast by hitman, this thread needs at least one more vote yes to permaban him or at least one no to continue the case. If you don't, another 1 or 2 clanners will need to see this thread, watch the demos, and cast a vote to make a determination. Your verdict will not change my mind regarding this player. The new ban system is in place and clan members are needed (albeit not required) to vote and help in the final verdict lest he be unbanned August 3, considering there is no upper admins for at least a month.

I do not understand why sitting back and watching threads will change the outcome of who makes the proper calls regarding hacks. We either do or we don't. In the long run, it's up to your vote that makes that determination possible. All players suspected of hacks will be banned for 30 days. If they have been wrongly banned then it is up to at least 2 or 3 clan members to make that determination until upper level admins have been chosen.

maynard
07-06-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm clan, I could careless if you agree with me, nor do I need 2 change your mind. my point from the get go was that the 9k tick mark is explainable, as it is suspicious at times, it's not something you would want 2 ban someone over, you would want and need more proof, which you do have on the other demo. and with him following you through the walls on the other demo, I don't know how it could be claimed that's not wall hacks, so I vote for his removal from the community.

was my understanding at first that zero was letting the standard admins for just now weight in. now that it's been made clear 2 myself they are not, ill cast my vote.

closed

and zero when you review this, start with the dustenasi.dem demo. and start at 25k tick and work your way up.