PDA

View Full Version : Universal Updates v1.1.1

ZERO
07-05-2011, 03:18 AM
As the servers have gown over the years many of the mods and plugins have been unified across all of our servers. Updating all of the servers update log with the same information is confusing and makes it harder for users to track major changes. This thread will track changes that effect ALL of the servers. There are many plugins that exist across all the servers, when ever any of these plugins are changed or if a new one is added it will be noted in this thread. The most common changes will be plugins involved with the admin system as those are the same across all servers. Any changes in command structure will also be noted in this thread for convince.

Added rconbridge

I made this so admins can run the following in place of rcon commands

rcon_gravity
rcon_alltalk
rcon_noblock
rcon_parachute

Updated rconbridge with 2 new commands

rcon_reload
rcon_restart

Updated SM and MM to latest versions
Added afk manager back
Updated map vote plugin
Updated rconbridge to clamp values to ensure that no setting can become out of bounds and cause a server crash.
Updated rconbridge to state the name and steam id if the user who activated a command in chat when the new setting is declared
Updated sourcemod to always display the name of the admin using a given admin command or chat ect.
Changed sm log format from military to 12 hour am pm settings for easier time reading log files
Updated the freeze command to the maximum allowed length of 2min, hey I did not program it so do not look at me.
Updated automated server clean up so that demos expire after 5 days and so that admin logs are never cleaned even if they have not been updated in over a month.
Removed the gui option in the killer info display it will show data in chat only
Fixed messages from botsoverseer plugin in that said messages will no longer occur.

Fixed color of ads to display properly

Updated SRCDS

Rate Optimizations: By increasing the minimum forced rate to be about 25% higher than before along with some other changes hit registration on all servers is increased in addition the length of choppy game play and or tick drops is decreased. Tests on the zombie server saw a 75% reduction in the size of server side lag and a 99% reduction in the length of said lag when it occurred.

Fixed logs so that HS and other weapon and player actions would be tracked as they were before under mani
Enabled some new tracking for things like domination however there is currently nothing setup on psychostats to use it
Removed all outdated mani load lines and files (server clean up, also prevents console errors on map load)

Updated SM configs to prevent maps not listed in mapcycle.txt from being selected.

Added game descriptions for the mods that support it
Disabled file indexing (reduced server load 15%, speed up map changes)
Disabled phantom servers (still investigating this one, apparently every server had 2 instances running where the 2nd instance would be on a different port) this reduced memory usage 50% and cpu usage 10%

Enabled sm_vote they syntax is: <question> [answer1] [answer2] [answer3] ...

Removed access to sm_rename
New plugin blocks SourceTV from being able to kicked

SM & MM updated on all servers

Steamer
07-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Thank you!

rcon_noblock
rcon_parachute

:wtg:

ZERO
07-05-2011, 05:55 PM
If there are any other commands you all need be sure to let me know. :wtg:

H.Bitch
07-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Last time I tried doing SM_Vote <question> [answer1] [answer2] I couldn't get it to work, is this currently bugged?

ZERO
07-06-2011, 12:06 AM
no idea I have never used it...

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Updated rconbridge with 2 new commands

rcon_reload
rcon_restart

ZERO
07-07-2011, 01:49 AM

Updated SM and MM to latest versions
Added afk manager back
Updated map vote plugin
Updated rconbridge to clamp values to ensure that no setting can become out of bounds and cause a server crash.
Updated rconbridge to state the name and steam id if the user who activated a command in chat when the new setting is declared
Updated sourcemod to always display the name of the admin using a given admin command or chat ect.
Changed sm log format from military to 12 hour am pm settings for easier time reading log files
Updated the freeze command to the maximum allowed length of 2min, hey I did not program it so do not look at me.
Updated automated server clean up so that demos expire after 5 days and so that admin logs are never cleaned even if they have not been updated in over a month.
Removed the gui option in the killer info display it will show data in chat only
Fixed messages from botsoverseer plugin in that said messages will no longer occur.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-07-2011, 12:54 PM
oh yeah, also the little announcement things (like, the adverts for the other servers) show up as "{Green}Come play ibis zm..."

the color thing was via mani i think.

ZERO
07-07-2011, 01:49 PM

Fixed color of ads to display properly

ZERO
07-07-2011, 02:28 PM

Updated SRCDS

Evil
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
We also need a rcon bridge for votes. Like when we ask the users in the server a question, it should be custom.

rcon_vote "Custom question goes here" Answer1 Answer2 Answer3 And so forth. Would be nice.

ZERO
07-08-2011, 01:06 AM
what would be the command that is bridging to?

ZERO
07-10-2011, 01:51 AM

Rate Optimizations: By increasing the minimum forced rate to be about 25% higher than before along with some other changes hit registration on all servers is increased in addition the length of choppy game play and or tick drops is decreased. Tests on the zombie server saw a 75% reduction in the size of server side lag and a 99% reduction in the length of said lag when it occurred.

ZERO
07-10-2011, 05:03 PM

Fixed logs so that HS and other weapon and player actions would be tracked as they were before under mani
Enabled some new tracking for things like domination however there is currently nothing setup on psychostats to use it
Removed all outdated mani load lines and files (server clean up, also prevents console errors on map load)

Evil
07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
what would be the command that is bridging to?No, I'm saying we should have a command like that for votes. Like how Mani had it.

ZERO
07-11-2011, 12:40 AM
I will reprogram basevotes so we can get it back :wtg:

Disflux
07-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Something small, but I was wondering if we could get a switch to the color that admin talk shows up as? With mani it came up as the blue color, but with the new system the only thing you see is a green Admin prior to the normal text. Most of the time I don't use my mic, so any of the warnings I do are through text. I've noticed that without the blue, people seem to miss the warnings more. Not to mention, the blue was totally cooler :wtg:

ZERO
07-13-2011, 01:32 PM
When I am back on Saturday I will try to see if there is an option for it. Otherwise we will need to wait a few weeks.

Disflux
07-13-2011, 01:37 PM
When I am back on Saturday I will try to see if there is an option for it. Otherwise we will need to wait a few weeks.

Fantastic! Thanks! Have we ever told you how much we <3 you?

ZERO
07-17-2011, 10:50 AM

Updated SM configs to prevent maps not listed in mapcycle.txt from being selected.

It will take a map change or server restart for this to take effect :wtg:

ZERO
07-18-2011, 12:51 PM

Added game descriptions for the mods that support it
Disabled file indexing (reduced server load 15%, speed up map changes)
Disabled phantom servers (still investigating this one, apparently every server had 2 instances running where the 2nd instance would be on a different port) this reduced memory usage 50% and cpu usage 10%

Evil
07-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Map voting needs to be fixed. I would use Ultimate Map Chooser, but when I would pick the maps manually, it would pick other maps that I never chose.

ZERO
07-20-2011, 12:32 AM
How many maps do you pick vs the number that show in the vote? Do all the maps you pick show up in the vote?

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

BTW just read:

Quick status update: next version is going to contain the fixed portugese translation, the new Post-Played Exclusion module, and some minor revisions to the Admin Menu module (specifically aimed at making Manual Vote Population easier).

Evil
07-20-2011, 03:30 PM
How many maps do you pick vs the number that show in the vote? Do all the maps you pick show up in the vote?

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

BTW just read:Nope. None of the maps I pick would show up. I would pick around 5-6 maps to choose from.

Also, We need some maps from the zmod server to be removed. One map we definitely need removed is ze_thelostworld_redux or something like that. That map lags and crashes the server.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Nope. None of the maps I pick would show up. I would pick around 5-6 maps to choose from.

Also, We need some maps from the zmod server to be removed. One map we definitely need removed is zm_thelostworld_redux or something like that. That map lags and crashes the server.

it's a ze_ map

Evil
07-20-2011, 03:33 PM
it's a ze_ mapYeah, that's what I meant. ze_thelostworld_redux. :P

ZERO
07-20-2011, 04:32 PM
I am actually going to be working on a way to possibly fix that map and others like it by editing the entities on the map via sourcemod. This will also allow us the ability to add and remove cade material from various zm maps as well. :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
07-20-2011, 04:57 PM
I am actually going to be working on a way to possibly fix that map and others like it by editing the entities on the map via sourcemod. This will also allow us the ability to add and remove cade material from various zm maps as well. :wtg:

can't fix a pile of crap.

as bill engvall said, "you bacon flavor a turd, it's still a turd!"

ZERO
07-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Well in the case of that map I know that the lag is a result of the way valve changed some particular entities in a previous update. Removing those entities fixes the map and removes the lag.

As for other maps I will have the ability to permanently add any entity or object to any location on the map. This would enable the creation of good cading spots where they were not possible in the past. Likewise, I can remove objects that make more places impossible or that break maps.

ZERO
07-26-2011, 07:39 PM

Evil
07-26-2011, 09:30 PM

yes! now we can ask people what maps they would like to play and such. :D

acolyte_to_jippity
07-26-2011, 09:42 PM
yes! now we can ask people what maps they would like to play and such. :D

sm_csay "What map ya'll want? first to type out name of a good map that doesn't blow ass and doesn't start with ze_ gets it"

done

Steamer
07-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Win^

Get ready for the question vote spam.

At least it's humorous sometimes.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-27-2011, 12:44 AM
Win^

Get ready for the question vote spam.

At least it's humorous sometimes.

"what should priest eat for dinner? (read before voting)"
1) kick me (this means you)
2) tuna sub
3) meatball sub
4) teryaki steak burrito

ahhh, good times

ZERO
07-29-2011, 06:33 PM

Removed access to sm_rename
New plugin blocks SourceTV from being able to kicked

StarsMine
07-29-2011, 09:38 PM
We used to be able to kick sourceTV? damn could of done that and then abused the shit out of people

ZERO
07-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Except there is still individual log files, so then there would be a log of them kicking sourcetv and then doing a bunch of other shit, fast lane to ban hammer :reddot:

ZERO
10-02-2014, 12:51 AM

SM & MM updated on all servers