PDA

View Full Version : Douchebag move, but legal?

Nemesis
07-11-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm wondering what the ruling on something like this is. Yes it's a fuckbox thing to do but does it break the rules?

This happened tonight, I'm on nade lvl, which means i run with the nade primed so i just have to let it go, or I die and still get the kill.

anyways, the round ends, and a teammate comes up and stabs me in the back, kills me, then stands on the nade and gets killed. he then slays me next round.

apart from being a cunt nozzle, is this against any rules? teamkilling after the round is pretty much accepted and i dont think an admin would ban for it, but this a cunt muffin thing to do.

maybe once the round ends give everyone 10000000hp or something like that? then you dont have to worry about next round slayings either.

ZERO
07-11-2011, 12:35 AM
I could make it so you can not kill anyone after the round if that is what you all want :smirk:

Nemesis
07-11-2011, 12:40 AM
This jsut pissed me off like you wouldn't believe, but as far as i can tell there isn't anything wrong here, so yes, yes please.

DJ_MikeyRevile
07-11-2011, 05:36 AM
lol in nemisis case i see how it could be extremely frustrating. As for end of round Team slaying it is a problem in general, it seems to be a natural habit for most players to go trigger happy on there team once they have won the round, with it being so common people get upset with a team kill slay following that round. I dont object in any way to having it so we cant kill each other at the end of the round.

Andrew_Pavlik
07-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm wondering what the ruling on something like this is. Yes it's a fuckbox thing to do but does it break the rules?

This happened tonight, I'm on nade lvl, which means i run with the nade primed so i just have to let it go, or I die and still get the kill.

anyways, the round ends, and a teammate comes up and stabs me in the back, kills me, then stands on the nade and gets killed. he then slays me next round.

apart from being a cunt nozzle, is this against any rules? teamkilling after the round is pretty much accepted and i dont think an admin would ban for it, but this a cunt muffin thing to do.

maybe once the round ends give everyone 10000000hp or something like that? then you dont have to worry about next round slayings either.

Wow, that is a huge douchebag move. But is it legal? Sadly yes. Team slaying for nade round and after round TK's happen.. and I hate the people who do it, but I legally can't do anything admin related to them other then call them douche's in all chat lol.

Who was it btw?

elpolloloco
07-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I've gotten killed a few times (not by a teammate) on Pub#1 with a nade cocked, taking out a teammate.

For some reason the teammate always slays me. Dick move, yes. Kinda funny though :)

Darkphoenix
07-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I think everyone or at least some people enjoy killing others after a round is done. I for one do

I would opt to keep team killing after the round but just make it so people cant do anything about it.

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
07-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Heh, I've had this happen to me a couple of times. There are a fair few sore losers on the server who'd happily resort to moves of that kind. I find that the most effective way to combat it is to get both a knife kill and a grenade kill on the following round, and appreciate how bitter it must be for them to have stooped to exploitative lows, only to lose the map anyway.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-11-2011, 11:15 PM
i always slay for nade or knife kills. (unless it's a joke after round)

note: after round means actually throwing a nade at me after round and killing me. if i'm killed because of your own damn retardedness, you're dead.

there's nothing unfair about it. i don't show favoritismm everyone is treated the same.

Nemesis
07-11-2011, 11:18 PM
i always slay for nade or knife kills. (unless it's a joke after round)

note: after round means actually throwing a nade at me after round and killing me. if i'm killed because of your own damn retardedness, you're dead.

there's nothing unfair about it. i don't show favoritismm everyone is treated the same.

unless of course, you read the OP, but other than that yes, continue being a box of douche.

people like this are the reason that a fix is needed.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-12-2011, 06:54 AM
unless of course, you read the OP, but other than that yes, continue being a box of douche.

people like this are the reason that a fix is needed.

no, i count it as being a competative game. if someone's strategy ends up killing a teammate, then that's their own fault

Nemesis
07-12-2011, 08:35 PM
no, i count it as being a competative game. if someone's strategy ends up killing a teammate, then that's their own fault

Fine, then i expect bans to be handed out for after round tkers as, according to you, it's part of the competitive game.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Fine, then i expect bans to be handed out for after round tkers as, according to you, it's part of the competitive game.

why would i ban people for killing after round? you make absolutely no sense some times nem.

Nemesis
07-12-2011, 11:12 PM
why would i ban people for killing after round? you make absolutely no sense some times nem.

you say you slay after the round because you see this as competitive. so then it must be a part of the game which should be subject to the same rules as any other part of the game.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-12-2011, 11:47 PM
you say you slay after the round because you see this as competitive. so then it must be a part of the game which should be subject to the same rules as any other part of the game.

upon re-reading my previous post, i realized how you could get confused.

what i was saying was that the only times i don't slay for nade is if people are fooling around after round. but that if i got killed because of someone's strategy (priming a nade and running) then i will slay

Nemesis
07-12-2011, 11:50 PM
upon re-reading my previous post, i realized how you could get confused.

what i was saying was that the only times i don't slay for nade is if people are fooling around after round. but that if i got killed because of someone's strategy (priming a nade and running) then i will slay

right, but it's not like you're trying to get killed just so you can slay, which is niggerish.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-13-2011, 06:54 AM
right, but it's not like you're trying to get killed just so you can slay, which is niggerish.

oh god no.

StarsMine
07-13-2011, 08:21 AM
I thought it was against rules to purpusly get youself teamkilled. I'm not going to bother looking that up on a phone though

itsme
07-13-2011, 04:46 PM
I think that there should be no punishment for teamkilling during the warmup/nade round. At this point the server is just waiting for people to connect/load and the real game hasnt even started yet.

Now after the real game starts it should be fair game. If you kill a team member, accident or not, you should expect to be punished. If Zero made it so you cant punish next round, what happens if you get teamkilled near the end of the round when there is only 1 or 2 people left? Anything you do won't be much of a punishment. I sugegest keeping next round punishment in.

As for end of round punishment, I also suggest keeping that in. Some people don't mind fooling around those few seconds after the round is over, some do. Taking out the punishment system from the end of the round will only piss off the people that dont like to be shot at that time by team mates. keeping it in will make the people that do like 'fooling around' at the end of the round think who they are shooting and if they will mind if they accidentally get killed.

I do think that the warmup/nade round should not have the punishment system or at least not one that leads into the next round. However, the one during the actual game is fine the way it is. It already strikes a decent balance between different peoples preferences.

slipstream
07-23-2011, 11:53 PM
On the topic of douchebag moves.

On one map, two knife duels in a row, Nemesis loses, the 2nd one was to me. I called him a bitch since I won that duel and he likes to run his mouth. He started saying nigger this and nigger that, or something and was kicked a bunch of times for it. So he was getting mad by this point, as you can already tell, he has a short fuse. Losing to a noob 1st duel, then to me 2nd duel, then being kicked a bunch of times.

On the next map, during the nade round, one of my nades kills nemesis, so what does he do? He waits until I am dead, then slays, so it happens on the next round. But I had killed another person as well and they also slayed before nemesis, so I don't know if it is cumulative but I was slayed 2 rounds in a row. The 2nd time it was nemesis, he claims I shot him in spawn, which would be auto slay for me, but that was during the time I was in the console looking for the line where it says who slayed me for the nade round, which happened to be nemesis and another guy.

So not just one, but 2 douches, nemesis being the bigger of the 2 douches. I can only assume somehow that maybe since the one guy had already slayed, nemesis slay happened the round after.

In conclusion, I don't think nemesis should complain about jack shit when he pulls stunts like this. I was told he was going to make a post about this, but I sure am glad he made this stupid thread instead.

-edit-
@nemesis, large signatures make you look stupid too, a little forum etiquette goes a long way, 1 line posts mean your signature takes up more space than your actual post, NOOB

StarsMine
07-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Slip, by nade round he ment level 26. Not the pre-match round thing.

What he is asking about I am 95% sure is illegal, what you are complaining about isnt.

slipstream
07-24-2011, 12:40 AM
I know what he is talking about, refer to 1) the subject of the thread, then 2) the first line of my post

So, subject is douchebag move, but legal, and what he did to me was a douchebag move, get it? got it? good!

Nemesis
07-25-2011, 09:44 PM
On the topic of douchebag moves.

On one map, two knife duels in a row, Nemesis loses, the 2nd one was to me. I called him a bitch since I won that duel and he likes to run his mouth. He started saying nigger this and nigger that, or something and was kicked a bunch of times for it. So he was getting mad by this point, as you can already tell, he has a short fuse. Losing to a noob 1st duel, then to me 2nd duel, then being kicked a bunch of times.

On the next map, during the nade round, one of my nades kills nemesis, so what does he do? He waits until I am dead, then slays, so it happens on the next round. But I had killed another person as well and they also slayed before nemesis, so I don't know if it is cumulative but I was slayed 2 rounds in a row. The 2nd time it was nemesis, he claims I shot him in spawn, which would be auto slay for me, but that was during the time I was in the console looking for the line where it says who slayed me for the nade round, which happened to be nemesis and another guy.

So not just one, but 2 douches, nemesis being the bigger of the 2 douches. I can only assume somehow that maybe since the one guy had already slayed, nemesis slay happened the round after.

In conclusion, I don't think nemesis should complain about jack shit when he pulls stunts like this. I was told he was going to make a post about this, but I sure am glad he made this stupid thread instead.

-edit-
@nemesis, large signatures make you look stupid too, a little forum etiquette goes a long way, 1 line posts mean your signature takes up more space than your actual post, NOOB

Just so everyone's clear, just about all of this is made up. Slip was attacking ppl in spawn and getting slayed for it. we even showed him the console msgs, he was kicked i believe, then continued to team kill.

StarsMine
07-25-2011, 09:51 PM
I know what he is talking about, refer to 1) the subject of the thread, then 2) the first line of my post

So, subject is douchebag move, but legal, and what he did to me was a douchebag move, get it? got it? good!
To purposely get yourself teamkilled for the ability to slay your teammate is illegal

lt.rambo
07-26-2011, 09:24 PM
I dont really know if its illegal, but yeah thats a pretty dick move on his part. I havent read what the uppers have had to say about it yet, but im sure he was either a little kid, or just wanted to be a dick to a quality gamer. Sorry to hear it, but we got a lot of immature kids sometimes on the server, and we just gotta deal with it.

Back to the point, i do not know if it is exactly illegal, considering the fact it was completely an accident on your part since you had nothing physically to do (like throwing the nade to him) about his death.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

After reading stars comment, I will agree with him that by him purposely getting teamkilled just so he can slay you is illegal, yes. But on the other hand, Quite retarded that some little shit cant play the game correctly.

It happends

slipstream
07-28-2011, 02:43 AM
LMAO @ Nemesis, way to make up shit.
1) I was never kicked
2) Nemesis saved the slay until I died during the nade round so that I would be slayed
3) I did team attack him after he kept lying and I only did it once, and was not kicked for it, but the initial slay that happened in spawn was not from me attacking, as I was in the console looking for the slay message so my gun could not have fired.
4) Nemesis was MAD from a previous map because I pwnd his ass in a knife duel. Then he started getting mouthy AND HE was the one being kicked, 4 times or so for not stopping.
5) Nemesis has issues if he needs to lie about this, its a game, grow up.
6) If anything, from playing on IBIS for quite a while now, if someone is slayed for a nade round TK, that person has been slayed in turn by an admin, which never happened, and then yesterday, an admin stated just that, if you slay for a nade round TK, you will be slayed.

Nemesis likes to run his mouth and tell stories, I am sure that this thread is a big lie and the guy never jumped on his nade purposefully and nemesis just raged about not winning a map because he was slayed for TK'ing with a nade. Seriously, read the whole thread and read his posts, he acts like a douchebag himself. When you talk shit to other players because they might not be as good, dont expect any favours from them, I for one will always slay nemesis no matter what the circumstances.

@starsmine

To purposely get yourself teamkilled for the ability to slay your teammate is illegal
i know that, thats not what happened in my situation with nemesis, HE SLAYED ME when my nade killed him during the warmup round

Nemesis
07-28-2011, 05:36 AM
snip

lol at the griefer. want to stop trolling the thread with your lies? this has a point, not like your rambling. carry on somewhere else or just go get cancer and die somewhere, either or.

StarsMine
07-28-2011, 08:27 AM
LMAO @ Nemesis, way to make up shit.
1) I was never kicked who said you were?
2) Nemesis saved the slay until I died during the nade round so that I would be slayed So? whats your point
3) I did team attack him after he kept lying and I only did it once, and was not kicked for it, but the initial slay that happened in spawn was not from me attacking, as I was in the console looking for the slay message so my gun could not have fired. So you admit to it?
4) Nemesis was MAD from a previous map because I pwnd his ass in a knife duel. Then he started getting mouthy AND HE was the one being kicked, 4 times or so for not stopping. Ok?
5) Nemesis has issues if he needs to lie about this, its a game, grow up.
6) If anything, from playing on IBIS for quite a while now, if someone is slayed for a nade round TK, that person has been slayed in turn by an admin, which never happened, and then yesterday, an admin stated just that, if you slay for a nade round TK, you will be slayed. While that is a douchebag move it is not illegal

Nemesis likes to run his mouth and tell stories, I am sure that this thread is a big lie and the guy never jumped on his nade purposefully and nemesis just raged about not winning a map because he was slayed for TK'ing with a nade. Seriously, read the whole thread and read his posts, he acts like a douchebag himself. When you talk shit to other players because they might not be as good, dont expect any favours from them, I for one will always slay nemesis no matter what the circumstances. the way you worded this sounds like you werent even there

@starsmine

i know that, thats not what happened in my situation with nemesis, HE SLAYED ME when my nade killed him during the warmup round This has nothing to do with it

And Im saying all this for a guy I dont even like

acolyte_to_jippity
07-28-2011, 09:16 AM
And Im saying all this for a guy I dont even like

you should change the color of your replies. it's slightly confusing

maynard
07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
pretty sure getting yourself killed on purpose just 2 slay/fuck with another person would be against the rules given it would fall under griefing

lt.rambo
07-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Why is this such a big deal exactly??? Just give it up and say the truth, its annoying to the fact that your complaining about this kind of stuff. It was a dick move. What else is there to it? Only thing left is, is it illegal or not, We shouldnt care
about your complaints as much as we should finding out if it is illegal or not.

Steamer
07-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Purposely getting killed by team to grief with punishment IS illegal. Not like I'm even the first one to say it.

If you kill a teammate after round and are punished, douchebag move or not, deal with it.

Someone close this please?

maynard
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Purposely getting killed by team to grief with punishment IS illegal. Not like I'm even the first one to say it.

If you kill a teammate after round and are punished, douchebag move or not, deal with it.

what he said, closed.