PDA

View Full Version : VIP MOD name change?

ZERO
07-20-2011, 04:24 PM
I was wondering if we should change the name of VIP MOD to Assassination MOD it appears that a lot of players misunderstand what VIP MOD is thinking that they need to be a vip or something to play. Assassination MOD on the other hand I think may be more clear as the server does run as_ (assassination) maps. The goal of this is to increase the amount of users trying the new server out.

I came up with this idea after talking to users on the gg server as to why they had not tried the vip server yet despite knowing that we had it. So what do you all think?

Rosie
07-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I have played on there a cuple of times but only when I could steal enough players from ZM to make the game fun. I have never seen a random person in there to start a game.

maynard
07-20-2011, 05:09 PM
id suggest doing whatever is needed 2 actually give the server some traffic

Spasm
07-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Drop vip for now for gungame deathmatch

acolyte_to_jippity
07-20-2011, 06:33 PM

we'd need mappers for that, since i don't think they make ffa dm maps...

ZERO
07-20-2011, 06:55 PM
From the last post of the mod developer it looks like they are also considering changing the name of the actual plugin to assassination. :smirk:

Regardless I will be making the changes on our servers later tonight :wtg:

Evil
07-20-2011, 07:18 PM
yeah. i rarely see people playing when im online...

Nemesis
07-20-2011, 11:38 PM

one hug for you sir.

Spasm
07-21-2011, 08:01 AM
In all honesty zero I think vip mod server is going to bring in less people then about any other type of server. Doesn't matter what you name it. It's just not that popular and really should be part of the pub server if possible. Your way better off going gungame deathmatch for the most people (plus an awesome ass gungame) , but if thats out of the question, then you should go mingames or surf.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-21-2011, 09:09 AM
but if thats out of the question, then you should make a jailbreak server or nothing at all and concnetrate on the 4 servers we already have

fix'd

ZERO
07-21-2011, 11:10 AM
The only reason I brought in a vip server was that it was quick and easy to setup. :smirk:

BladeTwinSwords
07-21-2011, 11:16 AM
fix'd

aco I will make you burn in hell for that comment.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-21-2011, 12:11 PM
aco I will make you burn in hell for that comment.

lol. :tips hat:

Godbluff
07-22-2011, 11:32 AM
I've been to the server a few times as well and had some fun with various regulars from the zm server. I'll try to bring some more people there when i can.

:yarr:

lt.rambo
07-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Ive tried the Assassination server and only bots were on, but it wasnt half that bad. I say like tonight we should get some guys from all servers and ask them to come try it out for us
Im sure theres a few guys who would come with me to try it out from ZM, And im more than positive Maynard and ZERO are more than capable to get some people to come too. If we merely populate the server to where people wana see why so many people are playing on it will be advertisement at its best, curiosity wins over a person more than advertising and letters on the top of the screen does. Let me know and ill jump on the server one night.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Ive tried the Assassination server and only bots were on, but it wasnt half that bad. I say like tonight we should get some guys from all servers and ask them to come try it out for us
Im sure theres a few guys who would come with me to try it out from ZM, And im more than positive Maynard and ZERO are more than capable to get some people to come too. If we merely populate the server to where people wana see why so many people are playing on it will be advertisement at its best, curiosity wins over a person more than advertising and letters on the top of the screen does. Let me know and ill jump on the server one night.

the only time i went in there, i got awped within 10 seconds of spawning.

i'll pass on that shit