PDA

View Full Version : Forced name change not working as intended

pwnage
07-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Hey guys I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not, but when I went to do a forced name change on myself to see how it works it changed my name, but then immediately after it reverted my name back to what it was before. Anyways, just thought I'd see if there was a known problem.

Thanks,
Pwnage <ibis.a>
:assault:

StarsMine
07-21-2011, 12:53 PM
That got broke in the OB update, your name is your steam name now, its not an option inside of the game like it used to be

ZERO
07-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Actually there is a way around that if you all want it: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=161025 but it needs to be programed in manually and tested...

StarsMine
07-21-2011, 01:43 PM
The reason we had it before was to deal with unnameds, There have been very few people I have met since then that have actually needed a name change. So I see it would be used as a more fun command that could easily be abused, I think it would be fine for a senior level admin to use but for all of us? no.

pwnage
07-21-2011, 02:51 PM
The reason we had it before was to deal with unnameds, There have been very few people I have met since then that have actually needed a name change. So I see it would be used as a more fun command that could easily be abused, I think it would be fine for a senior level admin to use but for all of us? no.
I still occasionally see people who come in with very unacceptable names, whether they're racist or just plain inappropriate. In the long run it's up to clan members and zero, but I would enjoy being able to have the option to change someone's name if they refuse to change it themselves. Then again, we could just have a system for people that have bad names. For example, 1. verbal and written warning asking for name to be changed 2. freeze for 1 round 3. kick, etc.

edit: I would suggest maybe putting a pole up to see if people want the option or not?

maynard
07-21-2011, 03:00 PM
we allow freedom of speech in our servers, and racist jokes and terms are allowed provided they're not directed at any 1 in the server.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
edit: I would suggest maybe putting a pole up to see if people want the option or not?

only if we get the chick from spasm's avatar to dance on it for us.

also, what maynard said.

Steamer
07-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Unnecessary addon.

If it really is that disrespectful towards an individual...

Step one: Warn
Step two: Kick
Step three: Ban

pwnage
07-21-2011, 07:25 PM
we allow freedom of speech in our servers, and racist jokes and terms are allowed provided they're not directed at any 1 in the server.

ok. thank you for the clarification.

maynard
07-21-2011, 08:13 PM
anytime. hit me up on steam if you ever have a question or need help.

lt.rambo
07-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah i am even having problems making my ingame name different than my steam name, im having to exit out of CSS and change it in settings.

pwnage
07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah i am even having problems making my ingame name different than my steam name, im having to exit out of CSS and change it in settings.
im not having that problem, i can change my name whether im in game or not via the steam menu

acolyte_to_jippity
07-22-2011, 05:52 PM
shift+tab, then click the arrow next to your name in your friends list, select "change steamfriends name"

StarsMine
07-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Alright I just banned someone for using some sort of script that changed their name to a random person in the server. the guy was spamming this button.

I think that is one of the few things one can ban for under the inappropriate name area.