PDA

View Full Version : Big WCS Update in the works

ZERO
07-24-2011, 05:47 PM
I am currently making a backup of the test server in preparation for tomorrows test update. There has been over 300 revisions to the program since our last big update and that leaves a few thousand pages of alterations. All races are being reprogrammed as required to support the new api changes. There is also some database changes that will result in users needing to reset there skills. Do not worry no XP will be lost nor will any levels be lost. There are major changes to basically all of the core engines that run the game. This update "should" greatly improve performance and stability. Regardless it is needed so that we do not stay too far behind the latest development branches. It will likely take all week depending on how many problems I have in getting everything converted and working the same way it is now. After this update rolls out on the main server I will once again begin to release new races. We should then be on schedule to have all races completed by the end of next month.

For those of you that do not think I am serious about the size of this update we are moving from revision 87 to revision 415. You can see the changes to the code here: revision 87 to 415 (http://www.ownageclan.com/websvn/comp.php?manualorder=1&repname=war3source&compare[0]=%2F&compare_rev[0]=415&comparesubmit=Compare+Paths&compare[1]=%2F&compare_rev[1]=87)

maynard
07-24-2011, 05:50 PM
thanks, zero:wtg:

Steamer
07-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Jeebus....

StarsMine
07-24-2011, 10:58 PM
I love the dev comments

//omfg

^that is so descriptive
But damn that is a shit ton of code

Breezy
07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Awesome, I just might get back into css for this :)

ZERO
07-27-2011, 04:24 PM
I have the engine and 1 test race working on my local server. Now I got to get all the configs updated before programing the rest of the races in. I did have to do a bit of reprogramming of some stocks to get everything to compile but it appears that the test system is running great. :wtg:

Expect public testing to show up within the next 24-48 hours.

Steamer
07-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Woohoo!

Gonna play around with the test server tomorrow (if done). Need sleep for work tomorrow if its done tonight. -_-

maynard
07-27-2011, 05:21 PM
...........:smirk:

ZERO
07-27-2011, 10:35 PM
They decided to add the great "feature" of giving xp for touching hostages and then REMOVING xp for killing them. I can not find any way to adjust these values or disable it... :banghead:

ZERO
07-27-2011, 10:54 PM
For now I will just comment those parts out and custom compile that part of the war3 engine. :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
07-27-2011, 10:57 PM
For now I will just comment those parts out and custom compile that part of the war3 engine. :wtg:

which you've been doing this whole time, no?

Steamer
07-27-2011, 10:59 PM
That blows...

Give's CT's and advantage /dis-advantage and T's just a dis-advantage in XP gain.
However it does give reason for people to want to play CT instead of just camp as T.
It also gives more reason for CT's to do objective and not just kill.
Give's CT's a way to body block as T's will NOT want to shoot hostage and lose XP rather than money, so... I see CT winning more often.
Also stops CT's from killing all but 1 hostage to win.

That's kinda stupid there isn't a disable feature. FAIL!

More disadvantage than advantage.

There has to be a way.... :(

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

See... I knew there had to be a way!
ALWAYS has to be some kind of difficulty. :P

acolyte_to_jippity
07-27-2011, 11:04 PM
zero, ownz posted a reply to your request.

edit: FUCK you're fast.

ZERO
07-28-2011, 12:15 AM
About 1/2 the way though, I will get a test update out tonight or tomorrow when I get up. Regardless programing will finish before I go to sleep :wtg:

Some exciting changes that actually should improve stability!

ZERO
07-28-2011, 01:00 AM
The test server is up here is what needs to be tested:
All Race Abilities
That you gain XP correctly
That you can not LOSE XP
That there are no glitches

DO NOT REPORT being able to buy items or cost those settings may not be the same on the test server.

The major change this brings is how changerace is handled. Before when ever you changed race every race would get a true statement. We bet that the race you selected would be the last if statement to execute however this is not assured. These true statements were actually every other race undoing any passive skills ect to ensure they do not carry over. They would reset even if they did not need to. This logically places a LOT of extra load on the server and in addition has a high risk of not working correctly causing skills to glitch and or the server to crash. NOW this no longer occurs. When you change race it will only run the commands for the race you switched from and for the one you switched to. It will not run any other commands that are not needed.

The database also has some alterations that CAN NOT be tested here. This is that 0's are no longer recorded. As a result the points in your skills may move from one ability to another if one of the slots is empty. This will only occur when we first upgrade. NO XP WILL BE MOVED, NO LEVELS will be moved. This only can effect some skills.

Hopefully after a few days we can green light the update. Then starting next week I can begin to program and release NEW RACES! :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
07-28-2011, 07:21 AM
The database also has some alterations that CAN NOT be tested here. This is that 0's are no longer recorded. As a result the points in your skills may move from one ability to another if one of the slots is empty. This will only occur when we first upgrade. NO XP WILL BE MOVED, NO LEVELS will be moved. This only can effect some skills.

wait, wut?

Blackmage
07-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Gained XP from tomes as normal, didn't gain XP for solo game, as normal.

Oh good, "You lost -6 xp for the kill". Killing people equal or higher leveled works still. Nothing happens when killing someone when you have 0 xp and would lose xp.

Problems found:

Human - Teleport is linked to the wrong ability. Upon spawn gives a cooldown for "teleport". The ultimate works, right away, and is called "bash" when you use it, and try to use it. Correct cooldown for "bash" though.

Hell's Demon - Power stacks don't go away without pride, again.

I shall assume this is what you mean by moved abilities, but, on strider, I have the jutsu 7/6. The ulti is 6/7 and I'm maxed out. Only not sure, because all of my ultimates had been set to level 0, and I had to input them in each race.

Once you gain the immunity to ultimates ability, you have it for the rest of the map. Sometimes... It happened on 2 maps, but a third, it didn't. Might have something to do with having bought a necklace on the third map.

Orc and Raiden ultimate do nothing. Chameleon Chain lightning doesn't work either.

Night elf ultimate doesn't work. Chameleon Roots DOES work, however.

Blood Elf ultimate doesn't work.

Strider High jump doesn't seem to be working.

Hex can give anti_ward potion. Didn't test if this did anything with the actual item.

ALL shadow hunter's hexs are linked. Kygn got Hex, placed a ward, I walked in, got no mention but was immune. When his immunity ended, mine did too.

Did not see Hex (or any ability) get through SH ulti.

Succubus hunter: Maxed Ultimate requires 4 skulls, but only uses 3, Level 3 asks for 3, uses 2. 1 asks for 1, uses 1, 2 for 2 uses 2. Not sure if this is intentional.

All other abilities seem to be working.

ZERO
07-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks, I think what has occurred is that the arrays are out of bounds. This is going to take a lot of editing to fix :banghead:

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Here I think is the issue:

skillcount now ignores zero, aka skillnum of zero is invalid, if your race uses hard coded numbers, they will have errors
loop from 1 to <= race_skillcount
skillid of 0 is now invalid

last skill will lose levels due to shift in skill level storage:
[4 4 4 4] -> [4 4 4 0] but still level 16

ZERO
07-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Ok, I have fixed all the races and even optimized the orc by removing two continuous timers that operated in continuous loops at .13 second intervals. Please remember that I did not make the first few races and so the code in them is not as optimized as the later ones. I ran the server with some bots and changed my races around we did not generate any errors so everything should be working.

Now I need to figure out this xp thing you saying...

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

What steps do I need to do in order to lose xp?

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Also test and confirm that all evasion abilities work as they should

Blackmage
07-28-2011, 02:15 PM
FUN NEW GLITCH:

On dust, Bodies were falling through the ground on death, taking their guns, AND the bomb, with them.

Night elf, Mol, cham and eye ra evasions all worked.

Losing XP seemed to just be killing someone lower level than you. When I killed someone lower level and had 0 xp, I had no message. I will be testing this out once I have someone else show up.

If the level difference is too much greater, you lose XP. 7 levels greater, you still gain XP. 8 greater, you start losing. This is not the full story, as the amount gained seems to be affected by something else. flame pred gains more than crypt lord killing their same class.

Ok, assuming knives give more XP or something, 7 under is 2 xp, 8 under is -2 xp, even is 30xp, 4 under is 14. Subtracting 4 per level under you they are.

You've left the bots on. One problem, the afk bots are on too, and the server fills up with the first person, so I can't get Kygn to help me. Might have just been the first map. Update: yeah, when joining a server that was empty, the afk bots stay and make it full for a map.

Why are things so inconsistent!

Orc ulti problem: It gives a cooldown timer for Chain Lightning at the start of the round. The ultimate (for both orc and raiden) has no timer, so spamming ulti kills everyone nearby. It works though. Raiden and Orc are both critting with their ultis, though. Correction, it is linked to the timer, but doesn't have the cooldown. 25 seconds after first using it, it started counting down again.

Blood Mage ulti: is that supposed to trigger his steal money ability every tick?

NE Roots makes no noise

ZERO
07-28-2011, 04:20 PM
I have fixed the negative xp glitch.

What is this issue with blood mage?

acolyte_to_jippity
07-28-2011, 04:36 PM
I have fixed the negative xp glitch.

What is this issue with blood mage?

its ult sets folks on fire, right?

sounds like the damage from that fire is procing the money steal

ZERO
07-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Yea that is expected but it does not take a lot. :wtg:

It has been working like this you all just never noticed lol

Got all known bugs fixed please report any new ones.

Are there any issues with hint messages ect?

ZERO
07-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Ok currently all known bugs have been fixed. Please test and report back if you find anything else. I have also removed the helm of black legion and replaced it with the helm of excellence which as before reduces hs dmg by 75%.

If no new bugs are found in the next 24 hours we will go live. Also note that some abilities may not work until you enter resetskills due to the database alterations.

maynard
07-28-2011, 06:20 PM
does resetskills still take xp when you do it?

Steamer
07-28-2011, 06:29 PM
It wasn't in the test server...

ZERO
07-28-2011, 07:09 PM
does resetskills still take xp when you do it?

When did it do that?

maynard
07-28-2011, 07:41 PM
ive heard people saying that it does since the server came out... hence why ive never once did it. that's pretty fucked up if it never did Lol... I'm pretty positive it did prior 2 the big update that fucked WCS a while ago.

ZERO
07-28-2011, 08:03 PM
I will check it out, I do not want anything that can remove xp.

Steamer
07-28-2011, 08:15 PM
The old ES WCS did in-fact take a percentage of XP away from said race if you reset the skills...
Haven't seen it in the newer versions of War3Source.

Edit: Just tested again to be sure, no XP lost on reset.

ZERO
07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Good, b/c I had been running the servers plugins under the assumption that xp could not be lost and the reverse could really screw ranks.

ZERO
07-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Can anyone confirm that the test server is bug free? Or is there anything else I need to fix?

ZERO
07-29-2011, 06:38 PM
I have patched the last glitch I know of which was the presence of a change modifier that could cause the probability of some abilities to be less than they should be if they were triggered in rapid succession. The only race to have a possibly noticeable change as a result is the blood mage which as a result was taking away money on every hit like it is supposed to (for it's ult too). This has been changed to every other hit which is closer to what was intended. Only some of the base races had this modifier. Thus these changes to not effect the balancing of any high level races other than some of the starting level races should be a bit more powerful. Bash for example was the other ability tied to this which should work as often as intended now. The same for banish.

maynard
07-29-2011, 07:29 PM
yay! undead should be epic again!

ZERO
07-29-2011, 11:03 PM
btw the update is live :wtg:

maynard
07-30-2011, 07:27 PM
fucking LOVE this update! all the original races work like they used 2! so awesome.

Dj panda
08-02-2011, 01:59 PM
zero, i heard my favorite lines from the old server, "GOD DAMNIT PANDA YOU GOD DAMN ATHENA!!!!! " :3 Love my athena, just like the good ol days :smirk: