PDA

View Full Version : Going AFK

mrhappypenguin
07-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Every time I find a good hiding spot that requires minimal movement I get sent to spectate. I can't even grab a quick drink from the fridge without being sent to spectate.

Cry_Wolf
07-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Things are funnier that way. :wave:

Rosie
07-26-2011, 01:28 AM
The AFK manager is nuts. I do really like the fat that it boots people who are acting as if ZM is a Hide-n-seek server. I constantly mess with my cades and havn't had the problem yet but I have had people in my cade disappear wjich kinds sucks when you need them.

Crimson
07-26-2011, 04:55 AM
I am going to have to agree with penguin, AFK managers annoying as hell ._. it just needs the timer to be fixed imo.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-26-2011, 07:17 AM
I do really like the fat that it boots people who are acting as if ZM is a Hide-n-seek server.

hiding is perfectly allowed. i hide quite often if i can't make it to a decent cade in time.

the afk manager needs to be completely removed from zm. it's the one server where you're supposed to camp

pwnage
07-26-2011, 01:29 PM
hiding is perfectly allowed. i hide quite often if i can't make it to a decent cade in time.

the afk manager needs to be completely removed from zm. it's the one server where you're supposed to camp

I agree, I understand that the AFK manager detects any mouse movements, but there are times (at least imo), where you don't wan't to have to be moving your mouse every 30 seconds before getting warned about being put on to spec. If it isn't removed, at least make it have a lot longer time limit, because as acolyte said, it's the one server where camping is one of the main features.

ZERO
07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I have increased the time and that should fix the problem. :wtg:

lt.rambo
07-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks Zero <3

mrhappypenguin
07-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks Zero, I no longer have to worry when grabbing a hotpocket.:icon_mrgreen:

pwnage
07-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks Zero, I no longer have to worry when grabbing a hotpocket.:icon_mrgreen:

LOL :pistols:

Bane of Soldiers
07-29-2011, 01:05 PM
From time to time, I hide when playing zombie mod. In some cases, almost as exciting as constructing a great cade. I found that the AFK manager will leave you alone if you use chat (for some reason this is not the case when I move my mouse). I usually type "rtv," "nominate," "rank," "place," etc. so I don't give away the fact that I'm hiding ;)

Hope that helps on your hiding endeavors :icon_mrgreen:

B1ackOut
07-29-2011, 01:35 PM
From time to time, I hide when playing zombie mod. In some cases, almost as exciting as constructing a great cade. I found that the AFK manager will leave you alone if you use chat (for some reason this is not the case when I move my mouse). I usually type "rtv," "nominate," "rank," "place," etc. so I don't give away the fact that I'm hiding ;)

Hope that helps on your hiding endeavors :icon_mrgreen:

Umm Bane I'm pretty sure typing gives your location on the map, least with normal text maybe not with commands but it normally does.

Bane of Soldiers
07-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Umm Bane I'm pretty sure typing gives your location on the map, least with normal text maybe not with commands but it normally does.

It does? Haha my bad, I'm guessing that the zombies are either too busy prying a cade open or too far to pin my exact location on radar. If they notice that they can track humans with the radar anyway :lmao:

The AFK manager won't stop bugging me until I either chat or switch and fire my weapons for some weird reason. Or move. A lot. But typing is fine with me since moving my mouse doesn't work(for me anyway), plus I don't have to make sounds from moving or switching/firing my weapons.

Cry_Wolf
07-29-2011, 04:52 PM
WHA?!? You Fixed it!??! NO! Well, there goes my saturday night laughter.