PDA

View Full Version : Ctf ??

BLADE
07-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Back in my Unreal Tournament 99 days CTF was the game. Just wondering any thoughts for CSS?

lt.rambo
07-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Capture the Flag is a cool idea, but for the reason that Deathmatch type respawns cause problems as in spawn camping, and it creates higher pings. Ctf can be played on a one life basis, Possible server type in the near future If ZERO Wants to add it. Good idea bro

StarsMine
07-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Hostage rescue is basically a one sided CTF

acolyte_to_jippity
07-27-2011, 02:05 PM
it should be ctf with respawns like in dystopia.

in dystopia, there is a respawn cycle. every 5 seconds, anyone who is dead on a team spawns. HOWEVER, when you die, depending on your class, you increase the timer by a certain ammount.

for our server, it would work like:

everyone on ct is alive. one person dies, nobody else. they come back after 5 seconds. then they die again. within those 5 seconds, a second person dies. this adds 3 seconds to the timer, and both players come back after the newly increased timer expires.

it helps prevent spawn-camping because instead of a slow trickle of people comming back, every dead player on a team comes back at once.

Rosie
07-27-2011, 02:09 PM
I think a GG version of CTF would be pretty cool. You would have to respawn to make it legit, but you could do respawn after the person that kills you dies. That way if one person is killing the whole team and finnally dies then everyone he killed is brought back to life to defend. If the carrier dies it auto goes back to the base, or it could be that the other team has to touch it. Similar to what Halo CTF was like. You could even make it that the flag could be used as a melee weapon like a long knife or spear. I like the idea as something to try. +1