PDA

View Full Version : zm_euronews cading spot. Blocking door from opening.

mrhappypenguin
07-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Is it illegal to barricade this room on zm_euronews like so:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2uig120.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/qye7x5.jpg

As you can see the door cannot open, but it is not glitched.

This is what the ZM rules state:

Glitching – Using spots which are unintended to be used in a map.

Glitching a barricading item into part of the map so that it will not move.

* Doors & Gates
* Elevators

I know you cannot block a crouched spot without another entrance, but this cade has another entrance that is not a crouch entrance. I'm assuming this is an intended cading spot considering all the items in the room. I have caded this room a few times like this with admins playing and they have not said anything about it. The cade items can jam and push themselves out of place with enough zombies trying to get in, so the cade is breakable.

SCRIBBLE
07-28-2011, 11:17 PM
As you can see the door cannot open, but it is not glitched.

I know you cannot block a crouched spot without another entrance, but this cade has another entrance that is not a crouch entrance. The cade items can jam and push themselves out of place with enough zombies trying to get in, so the cade is breakable.

It looks like you answered your own question.

However, I'm not familiar with the map.

anex
07-29-2011, 12:35 AM
This is what the ZM rules state:

Glitching – Using spots which are unintended to be used in a map.

Glitching a barricading item into part of the map so that it will not move.

* Doors & Gates
* Elevators

I know you cannot block a crouched spot without another entrance, but this cade has another entrance that is not a crouch entrance. I'm assuming this is an intended cading spot considering all the items in the room. I have caded this room a few times like this with admins playing and they have not said anything about it. The cade items can jam and push themselves out of place with enough zombies trying to get in, so the cade is breakable.

Glitching doors like it says in the rules pertains to glitching the door till the door function no longer works. This is not an instance of glitching. This is a fine place to cade.

xenofei
07-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Penguin, I would first like to say thank you for contributing your ideas to the forums. Second thing I would like to state is the matter of the rules for the ZMOD server specifically targeting the topic at hand. Currently, it is deemed "not glitching". Although, I believe that the term 'glitching' should also include the definition of blocking map props (e.g., doors, vehicles) from completing their programmed goals (e.g., a door unable to open at least for a character model to walk/run/jump through). However, the map has to be played more before conclusions can be made. Unless zombies were provided with a nerfed pull/push option, I must say that it is an unfair advantage for zombies.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Penguin, I would first like to say thank you for contributing your ideas to the forums. Second thing I would like to state is the matter of the rules for the ZMOD server specifically targeting the topic at hand. Currently, it is deemed "not glitching". Although, I believe that the term 'glitching' should also include the definition of blocking map props (e.g., doors, vehicles) from completing their programmed goals (e.g., a door unable to open at least for a character model to walk/run/jump through). However, the map has to be played more before conclusions can be made. Unless zombies were provided with a nerfed pull/push option, I must say that it is an unfair advantage for zombies.

...no, there does not require any more testing. anex is clan. and he has given a ruling. that's pretty much it, no need for anything else.

you're not our PR person, you're just a brand new community member. no need to answer questions that have already been answered.

Rosie
07-29-2011, 10:38 AM

Blah blah blah, um, who the fuck are you? I mean I know I have played GG for a few weeks but I have never seen you before. And far as the cade goes yeah its fine.

Penguin will the door move the cade when it auto closes? If not, you will get more kills if you can jam it open. So you can shoot over the bookcase.

xenofei
07-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Blah blah blah, um, who the fuck are you? I mean I know I have played GG for a few weeks but I have never seen you before. And far as the cade goes yeah its fine.

Penguin will the door move the cade when it auto closes? If not, you will get more kills if you can jam it open. So you can shoot over the bookcase.

My alias is Xenofei; did that answer your question? Also, I mainly play on the ZM server, which is probably why you haven't seen me as you play on the GG server.

Acolyte, if Anex manages the rules for the ZM server it is up to him whether my thoughts on the rule are possible additions/corrections or not. Rosie or yourself may disagree, with little effort to support your decision, with my thoughts but it isn't your position in the end, but I do appreciate your comments.

Also, I do appreciate the very warm welcome from both of you.

anex
07-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Acolyte, if Anex manages the rules for the ZM server it is up to him whether my thoughts on the rule are possible additions/corrections or not.

The right place to post that kind of idea is here (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5831-Zm-Rules-v2.0). Just reply your idea in that thread so that it can be properly discussed.

Rosie
07-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Dude I am sure that i came across rude but, no i still have no clue who you are. When I said I have played GG for a few wekks I meant that I took a break from ZM. Somewhere around 600 hours on it. So I am sure you believe that you have a better perspective than me or Blade but in all honesty unless it is a new map, these cades have been seen hundreds of time. I am sorry for coming off as rude as I did, but your first post on the forums came off a little pompus.

That cade is breakable though, so I think you have no case.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Dude I am sure that i came across rude but, no i still have no clue who you are. When I said I have played GG for a few wekks I meant that I took a break from ZM. Somewhere around 600 hours on it. So I am sure you believe that you have a better perspective than me or Blade but in all honesty unless it is a new map, these cades have been seen hundreds of time. I am sorry for coming off as rude as I did, but your first post on the forums came off a little pompus.

THAT's the word i was looking for. pompous.

xenofei
07-30-2011, 07:54 PM

That cade is breakable though, so I think you have no case.

TL;DR (since you think it's just 'blah' to you, I made it easier for your eyes to read): Provide your evidence, so what if I'm pompous, you don't have to know who I am, and I don't have absolute perspective.

Can you please upload a demo of you breaking into that room with the same exact setup? I still believe it is impossible if certain objects are in the correct place, so your evidence would most likely prove me wrong when it comes available. And the map has been played 100's of times, most likely, but no one has brought an issue up; therefore, no one worried about the room and no question was posted. I also don't believe I have a better perspective of that particular map than anyone else, because it might be possible someone else has more insight of it than myself. I am simply helping the community by monitoring certain things residing within the server to help prevent future problems. I take/use my administration abilities on the server maturely, correctly, and responsibly; I also take it seriously when certain circumstances are met. I respect everyone and their opinions, even if heat does tend to rise from individuals. Also, if you believe I'm pompous: I am pompous to you. I'm not going to name off "this and that" to describe what I am, but I do consider myself an honest person to at least admit to my mistakes and give the truth to others.

Thank you, and message again if anything else needs to be said; anyone.

mrhappypenguin
08-02-2011, 12:28 AM
@Anex: Thanks for clarifying that it is legal to cade this spot like so. I just wanted to be sure.

@Rosie: I haven't been able to test if the door will auto close when blocked, but the door may jam and then it would be truly glitched.

@xenofei: You say it's unbreakable and/or and unfair for the zombies, but the cade is breakable with enough zombies spamming the door and pulling the props, it's happened to me a few times.