Initial Release

Updated weapon removal code

Race now on RESTORED VERSION
Prevent damage stack
Updated to best weapon removal code

ZERO
07-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Blades will be stackable in that the ability can be triggered from itself. This should make the faster weapons 1 blade more effective.

Masskid
07-31-2011, 11:11 AM
God finally zero! jeez, jk lol when you said within the week i didnt know you ment like in 5 hours >.<

ZERO
07-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Does anyone remember what the effects for this race look like? I remember that there was rings around the user, so is it basically like the root effect but with green and white rings?

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

This race will be able to use the knife when frozen and invis now unlike previously.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

All abilities have been completed, I just need some feedback on what the effects were supposed to look like. Please test and report any bugs ect. NOTE that NO effects are done yet this is an ability test only.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-31-2011, 12:07 PM
i didn't think they froze. i thought they turned invis when they stopped moving

Masskid
07-31-2011, 12:18 PM
aco they did freeze when the ultimate activated

ZERO
07-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Remember that I do have the code for the old races so I know what they did. The thing that is hard to translate is the effects.

All sounds are now working. Only visual effects remain.

ZERO
07-31-2011, 03:28 PM
race finished no bugs are currently known.

Masskid
08-01-2011, 09:04 AM
not sure if its a bug, but Blades doubles ALL damage, so when you buy a claws you can double the damage (12) and still have the normal blade double (40) I like it this way because it doubles the chances of the Blades triggering

ZERO
08-01-2011, 12:16 PM
claws increases the odds of all hit based triggers for all races.

ZERO
08-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Initial Release

Xerenix
08-03-2011, 06:05 AM
Is there a reason why this race is set to 1 per team?

Considering this is a knife only race and it has no real overpowered ablities, it would be better if followed Flame predator and is set to 2 per team.

maynard
08-03-2011, 10:37 AM
because rap has the ability 2 go 100% invis.

ZERO
08-03-2011, 11:08 AM
You will see why when someone maxes it out that is where its true power lies is in the combination of fully leveled skills and the shopmenu :wtg:

Dj panda
08-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Theres a reason its called RAPEscallion

Chikun
08-12-2011, 01:56 PM
I've noticed that the visual effects for the ultimate can sometimes be seen through walls. Is it supposed to be like that?

ZERO
08-12-2011, 03:46 PM
yes it is :wtg:

Masskid
08-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Damage Given to "GOD OF STAFF" - 12285 in 1 hit

Wow just wow XD this was from 1 back stab, once i saw the +6k damage i was like T.T <3 this race

Blackmage
08-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Ok, something odd is going on. I've been changing my abilities a few times during the map, and somehow, I was keeping the levatation from previous rounds. Can't really say if I kept ALL the stats, or just some of them, but when I had 0 leva, I was jumping with level 4 leva (needed to get over part of the map).

Map change fixed it.

ZERO
08-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Let me know if you get anything like this to occur with Athena as it uses better code to track the changes in levels that may prevent this glitch.

Steamer
09-07-2011, 06:46 PM
While in ultimate, summon from Eye Ra failed on me, 2 times, with no lace. It tried to summon me, made sound ect, but straight out failed. He was also alive, so that isn't it.

I Have not tested this with Vaga nor do I remember if it fails or not while in ulti with it... Aren't their ulti's pretty similar?

ZERO
09-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Yes they ults are exactly the same. But from the way it is coded I would expect it to fail at least some of the time b/c it will trigger the stuck detection when teleported in the summons.

Crazyyoshi
09-10-2011, 09:21 AM
I've been summoned by Eye Ra and every time I go invis it cancels out the summon. If i don't go invis it summons me. :reddot: So I don't think it is some of the time I think it does it all of the time while rap is invis. And I was wondering why the blades were so low of a chance to proc but now after playing it at a higher level they proc quite a bit. Out of 8 knife swings 3 effectively went off at level 1.

VladtheImpaler
10-09-2011, 07:49 AM
So I don't know if this is how the class was created or intended for but I'd like to mention a couple issues that seem to me to be holding the class back. You may notice almost no one is playing the class, unless like me they are wishing to level everything. Firstly the ultimate is supposed to make me invisible? Because the graphics on it when you do use it can be seen through walls. So by using my ultimate I am in essence telling the other team, HEY HERE I AM! come shoot me.

That seems to me a pretty big problem with the race. The second thing about the ultimate could just be personal opinion but....... Y have a graphic to an ultimate that makes you invisible? Was the intention to make it harder to play? It would seem to me if the ultimate graphic was removed completely it would really enhance the competitiveness of the race. Otherwise if I try to use it they see the graphic and know right where I am. AT least with Vaga you can move with your ultimate so your not it he exact same place. I suppose the reasoning is the race is not intended to hide in combat, but it just does not seem to be adding up. I have played pretty much every race on this server and maxed it ( cept beast and working on my rap now) and this is probably the most underpowered race I have seen yet.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-09-2011, 01:12 PM
So I don't know if this is how the class was created or intended for but I'd like to mention a couple issues that seem to me to be holding the class back. You may notice almost no one is playing the class, unless like me they are wishing to level everything. Firstly the ultimate is supposed to make me invisible? Because the graphics on it when you do use it can be seen through walls. So by using my ultimate I am in essence telling the other team, HEY HERE I AM! come shoot me.

That seems to me a pretty big problem with the race. The second thing about the ultimate could just be personal opinion but....... Y have a graphic to an ultimate that makes you invisible? Was the intention to make it harder to play? It would seem to me if the ultimate graphic was removed completely it would really enhance the competitiveness of the race. Otherwise if I try to use it they see the graphic and know right where I am. AT least with Vaga you can move with your ultimate so your not it he exact same place. I suppose the reasoning is the race is not intended to hide in combat, but it just does not seem to be adding up. I have played pretty much every race on this server and maxed it ( cept beast and working on my rap now) and this is probably the most underpowered race I have seen yet.

then you're playing it badly.

the graphic is barely anything, and only is seen if someone is looking directly at you. the sound is more often what people pick up on when they're close. i'm not entirely sure if the graphic is intentional or not, but the race is most certainly not underpowered at all. it's one of the stronger races by far.

Steamer
10-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Zero said it was intentional. I've gotten killed plenty because of it. If it came down to a using Rap or Pred, I'd use pred.

B1ackOut
10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
I"m just going to say its not underused as almost every time i join someone is using it.

VladtheImpaler
10-09-2011, 07:20 PM
I do not feel like some one is always using it when I am on, and if they are after 4-5 rounds they switch off because they suck. I have yet to see a good rapscalion, where as I have seen a couple good flame preds. Ill try my best to strategize with it I suppose, maybe with full levels it will be better?

Blackmage
10-10-2011, 12:14 AM
It has been used a lot recently, as a number of us want all our races maxed, and we hit Raps for one reason or another, at about the same time.

As for sound Vs. graphic, for me, I find the graphic to be more liable to get people killed. I know it's how I killed them most often. The graphic also prevents it from being able to get out of tight spots. The sound tells you they are in the area, but just look at how hard it is for MANY people to find a vaga when someone says "they are right next to my chat symbol, right off the ground". MANY people who play here can't fathom how to find something they can't actually see, no matter how explicit of directions they are given. The graphic, however, tells you exactly where to shoot.

For Pred Vs. Raps, that's say Rush Vs. Ambush. Sure you can use both races for the other, but they take different play styles. You don't rush with this race. You stay out of the way and wait until someone comes by and pop out for the kill. Or wait around a corner and stab people who turn it.

But, overall, my only complaint about the race is that it's slower than vaga. Granted I have that same complaint about all 3 knife races, but still. The graphic is only visible from so far, so as long as you have cleared the enemy out, you're safe. This race isn't made for taking on the horde.

ShadedFlash
11-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Adding my 2 cents to this after playing the rapscallion to 31.

By far, it is probably considered the HARDEST race to level. Its gruelling, especially compared to the ease of the flame pred (low level req, easy starter level bonuses, less levels to max, etc)

Problems:
The ultimate graphic showing through walls, as read, is intentional, ok..
The sound, very loud, very obvious.
The flashlight shadow, been found over +50ft away and nearly instantly every time.
Becomes stuck when around laced enemies.
Easily found without equipping necklace.
The leveling..only good at max, horridly painful to level. (Having a cooldown on ult until level23 and having to invest full 8 pts to make it 0cooldown, vs vagabond's 1pt teleporting 0cooldown ultimate)

Separately, one can tolerate these issues going against the rapscallion but it just feels all together, it really makes the class undesirable unless maxed and large enough server pop to be less noticed amongst fights..

Suggestions:
If the graphic see-thru-walls is going to remain, can the sound atleast be removed?
Or perhaps give it silent running?
Somehow fix the flashlight issue? (although it is needed for vagabond..)
It needs SOME stealthiness outside of pure chaos (which kind of defeats the point of stealthiness).
Allow it some kind of escape from laced enemies (perhaps a teleport back to spawn once per round +ability?), perhaps allow it to run invis for a short period before freezing, akin to the vagabond's ultimate, without the crazy teleport?
At the very least, perhaps tone down the leveling curve where it is only useful at max where was flame pred is easily useable with 1 pt in each skill while having a significant lvl req difference.

While many consider the flame pred more "offensive" than the "defensive" rapscallion, I think outside of the ultimate itself, flame pred has more survival skills than the rapscallion...
Flame Pred:
More HP -- flame preds can take an incredible beating especially when combined with health item, giving more time to kill its victim and survive being caught, stray ultimates and other damage.
Disarm -- obvious defensive ability
Burn -- slows, blinds and causes sound to alert others, making for an easy kill.
Invis -- hard to see, especially with its speed.

Rapscallion:
Blinking -- easily spotted unless combined with cloak, which is hard to afford when trying to level it (going back to the maxed vs lvling issue)
Invis Ultimate -- useless with laced enemies, can be seen through walls, heard all over, flashlighted, etc.

Both have speed and levitate, so leaving those out..

And finally, with the invis, to make a quick comparison between Rapscallion and Vagabond for their invis...
The reason the rapscallion's invis is vastly inferior to vagabonds is simply due to the teleporting and running while invis bonus the vagabond gains (at ult rank 1 with no cooldown, mind you) where it makes the vagabond nearly impossible to track their end location (without flashlight or bleeding, etc). If the vagabond gets noticed, it can easily teleport away while being completely invis. The rapscallion....kinda just sits there and hopes they're not seen due to lack of escape mechanism that the vagabond has.

The only saving grace of the rapscallion is the blades proc, which...quite frankly, can be completely unnecessary with well placed backstabs, leaving the entire success of the rapscallion up to the luck of its proc vs anything else.

StarsMine
11-06-2011, 03:16 PM
?
I am at lv 30 with it and I have no problem getting a positiv KDR, and with no need to buy weapons its easy as hell to get money to by tomes or laces

Blackmage
11-07-2011, 02:57 AM
I agree that it become tedious by the end, and I do think it has too many ranks. Also, seeing as I find Flickering shadow to be a useless, or worse than useless skill on ANY race, the only reason my race is maxed is because I wanted to max everything. I've always found it to make them MORE visible and obvious, rather than less.

Raps is more easily found due to the ultimate than I'd like, but if you are willing to learn how to use it, you can mask the noise, and avoid being seen. Being found due to your hiding place isn't so much the problem with the race as it is a problem with predictability. We've all played against campers, most of us check obvious camping spots. So you need to be more creative with races such as this. If they still find you, switch to a different race for a bit. Learn to use their laces against them. If you don't have one, they are telling you they are near. It also makes sure you don't pop out where you'll be seen quite easily as often.

As an aside, why are you having problems affording the items you need? If it's because you need too many items, forgo them for a round or two and buy them all at once. If it's because you buy tomes, just realize, they aren't nearly as useful after you've got your ult. If it's necklace, buy that for only the races you NEED to stop, such as Blood Mage, Athena and Night Elf. The rest of the races can be nice, but they can also give people a "he's next to me" warning. But, given you only need a kill or two in order to get as much XP as a tome, often buying a necklace is a better investment. You stay alive longer, you get more kills, you get more money, ect. ect.

Comparing FP to Raps:

More HP, FP is running in, will be shot at more, Raps should have the element of surprise.
Disarming, FP will only get OHK if he gets a back hit on most enemies, some won't even die then. Getting rid of their gun is good. Making someone drop the bomb is funny, but I digress.
Burn... I won't comment on this, because I've always found this to be a silly gimmick rather than anything useful
Cloak: Works best at long range, making you harder to see, so you CAN get close and kill. Does give some ambush capabilities, but suffers worse problems than Raps in this case.

Raps is the assassin. They try to get into position to back knife, or if that fails, hope for the crit. The health is moot as they don't want to be seen, and if they are seen, they are usually dead. They don't need to proc a weapon drop or burn as they are trying to proc a kill. Yeah, he gets the short end of the straw on the cloak, but as he can buy the cloak item, that's less of a problem than it needs be.

Both of the vagas' ultis are used for mobility and escape. This also means that they need their ulti maxed ASAP. Raps uses it for stealth. They don't need to use it as much, as once you break stealth, it often takes some time to get hidden, so having only a point or two in it isn't awful. These aren't the same skills, they just seem to be.

ZERO
01-19-2012, 03:28 PM

brett friggin favre
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
blades appears to be stacking. strange that someone gets 3 procs of it when i have problems getting 1 lol.

http://i.imgur.com/7mTK8.jpg

ZERO
03-19-2012, 08:15 PM
The stack part should be the same as my backup version so let me check :wtg:

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

//Hit based abilities
public OnWar3EventPostHurt(victim,attacker,dmg)
{
//Better order:

//Confirm valid trigger
if(victim>0&&attacker>0&&victim!=attacker)
{
//Confirm that it is for this race
new race_attacker=War3_GetRace(attacker);
if(race_attacker==thisRaceID)
{
//abilities below

//Blades
new knife_level=skill_level_knife[attacker];
if(knife_level>0 && !Hexed(attacker,false) && !W3HasImmunity(victim,Immunity_Skills) && Math_GetRandomFloat( 0.0, 1.0 ) <= knife_chance[knife_level])
{

Yep I do not see a damage stack prevention check in there anywhere. I will update this race when I can with a fix for this and a code restoration. All races that are considered code restored will have a note in their change log when they gain this status.

Great job locating that bug! :wtg:

ZERO
03-19-2012, 10:11 PM

Race now on RESTORED VERSION
Prevent damage stack
Updated to best weapon removal code

CYBER
04-13-2012, 02:15 PM
not what i expected from the race... i was all hyped to play it , but its skill procs SOOOO rarely, that its not even fun to play. flame pred procs both drop and flame wayy more often. and is overral better.

and from doing research on rapscallion, i saw that the race is not supposed to immediately stop in place, and have its ultimate appear through walls.
it was supposed to slow down for like 2-3 seconds into a complete stop. ...
for a race that is fairly weak, the ultimate through walls thing is rly lame... but hey, thats how its supposed to work, then fine.

maynard
04-13-2012, 08:01 PM
but hey, thats how its supposed to work, then fine.

Good.. now stop your bitchin:smirk:

CYBER
04-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Good.. now stop your bitchin:smirk:Hoe bag, i was simply posting this in case someone had the same trouble, JUST IN CASE the race proccing was not working properly. I bitch about EVERYTHING except how a race works or should work:p im the guy ppl bitch ABOUT when i hop on some races like vaga or molecule etc :smirk:

blackmail242
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Hoe bag, i was simply posting this in case someone had the same trouble, JUST IN CASE the race proccing was not working properly. I bitch about EVERYTHING except how a race works or should work:p im the guy ppl bitch ABOUT when i hop on some races like vaga or molecule etc :smirk: only if your on my team xD jkjk

maynard
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
no ones scared of you cyber, keep dreamin, bud.:smirk:

Chikun
04-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Hoe bag, i was simply posting this in case someone had the same trouble, JUST IN CASE the race proccing was not working properly. I bitch about EVERYTHING except how a race works or should work:p im the guy ppl bitch ABOUT when i hop on some races like vaga or molecule etc :smirk:

Pfff people bitch when I play a starting race that everyone has, I'd get banned for playing one of those two. :D

Rosie
04-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Sorry to stop the Ego boost, but I agree that the hit does not proc near enough.

Maladjusted
04-13-2012, 09:58 PM
I'd have to agree rapscallion doesnt proc nearly enough, when compared to flame pred, its fire and weapon drop proc just right.. rapscillions proc is in some dire need of twiking imho.

maynard
04-13-2012, 10:27 PM
I think it's just an error in the coding as it's never procd as much as you would assume it would. feels like it's always had like a 5-10 % chance maximum.

ZERO
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM

StarsMine
05-03-2012, 04:24 PM
as the class that is the current weekest by far, I fell it needs to proc more. its KD it .5 thats .2 under then next weakest, Magician. Its not lack of knowledge due its level req, its just a weak class.

brett friggin favre
05-03-2012, 10:40 PM
as the class that is the current weekest by far, I fell it needs to proc more. its KD it .5 thats .2 under then next weakest, Magician. Its not lack of knowledge due its level req, its just a weak class.

the proc rate could be boosted a liiittle bit, but i think immunity from necklaces would be rather helpful, and make it so you can't see the ultimate animation through textures. if possible, immunity from necklace but not from class ultimate blocking abilities (such as that of athena and shadow of the void) would be an interesting mechanic.

Nemesis
05-04-2012, 02:09 AM
What about tweaking the ulti, making it so when you use it, you go invis right away, but have a second or two until you freeze, gives you a better chance to get away if someone sees you and also lets you get in position.

im not sure how this works, but you know when you freeze when you're still moving and your stuck walking in place? can the enemy hear you? if they can this needs to be fixed as well.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-04-2012, 07:06 AM
there's really nothing wrong with rapscalion...

everyone always bitches, but they just don't play raps right.

brett friggin favre
05-04-2012, 07:21 AM

Some people don't play vaga right, some don't play undead right, some don't play spidey right but I don't see those races having a .5 kdr

CYBER
05-04-2012, 08:36 AM

see, i kinda learned a lesson throughout my years in ibis and it was never to question races and balance, or i get bitch-slapped by maynard trollol...
2 things about the race:
1- originally, the race would not just completely stop as soon as the ultimate is hit. Looking online, i found that the race used to have a 2-3 second decelerated motion before u stop in place when you go invis: i.e u press ur ult, u go invis, but u dnt just stop in place, u keep slowing down for 2 secs into a complete stop, specially handy around walls. But i guess zero uses a different version of the race that is more camping oriented, since vagabond has the invis movement thing.

2- i dnt think that changing the race behaviour around necklaces is the way to go, nor to change how the race would act overall, surely i would find the race more appealing if it was the way ppl designed it at first, without that "see through walls rings" crap... but if the race procced as an average of (flame pred fire proc rate + flame pred drop proc rate)/2 then it would probably make the race more deadly...
Jack, vagalion and evangelion will eventually be on the server,,, along with flying santa and crap... playing this race is a bitch, i love playing it tho, its challenging and i usually do well with it, but it is not kdr friendly at all.

StarsMine
05-04-2012, 09:50 AM

I would be fine with that argument if it were not for the 200 level requirment. You have very decent knowledge of game mechanics at that point.
Something should be done to the race, as said, its nowhere even close to the second worst class.
What Cyber was talking about with the slight movement would be great. They would not be able to pinpoint you exactly when you use the ultimate, and would make it easier to jump on someone when camping in a high corner.

maynard
05-04-2012, 02:31 PM
nothing needs 2 change on rap... stop qq'ing.

CYBER
05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
nothing needs 2 change on rap... stop qq'ing. with all due respect maymay, but i have NEVER seen u play rapscallion. EVER. How the heck would u even know if it needs change? Unless u just like ppl on a not-so-awesome race just so they can be fodder for ur bullets?

I love u! Dnt ban me! Trollol

acolyte_to_jippity
05-04-2012, 04:56 PM
see, i kinda learned a lesson throughout my years in ibis and it was never to question races and balance, or i get bitch-slapped by maynard trollol...
2 things about the race:
1- originally, the race would not just completely stop as soon as the ultimate is hit. Looking online, i found that the race used to have a 2-3 second decelerated motion before u stop in place when you go invis: i.e u press ur ult, u go invis, but u dnt just stop in place, u keep slowing down for 2 secs into a complete stop, specially handy around walls. But i guess zero uses a different version of the race that is more camping oriented, since vagabond has the invis movement thing.

2- i dnt think that changing the race behaviour around necklaces is the way to go, nor to change how the race would act overall, surely i would find the race more appealing if it was the way ppl designed it at first, without that "see through walls rings" crap... but if the race procced as an average of (flame pred fire proc rate + flame pred drop proc rate)/2 then it would probably make the race more deadly...
Jack, vagalion and evangelion will eventually be on the server,,, along with flying santa and crap... playing this race is a bitch, i love playing it tho, its challenging and i usually do well with it, but it is not kdr friendly at all.

ours always stopped completely.

maynard
05-04-2012, 06:56 PM
my rap is lvl like 35.....

ive been playing and managing that server for going on 3 years now. I Know every damn class, and my rap on the old server was lvl 50+....

the fact I spend more time helping run this community since I got clan as opposed 2 playing is beyond irrelevant, don't grasp at straws.

blackmail242
05-04-2012, 11:45 PM
my rap is lvl like 35.....

ive been playing and managing that server for going on 3 years now. I Know every damn class, and my rap on the old server was lvl 50+....

the fact I spend more time helping run this community since I got clan as opposed 2 playing is beyond irrelevant, don't grasp at straws.
Alright that aside: Are you SUPPOSED to be able to see a rapscallion's ult through walls? Because I tell you the second you cloak you are fucked if there is an enemy within shooting distance. You can tell me its a "get in position early" class all you want however that is difficult when A: there a limited number of spots to do so in that you won't get raped and people catch on quick, and B: The spots that are iffy tend to be blown up because of the rings being seen. Only thing I would like is for the rings to no longer be seen through the walls.

Chikun
05-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Ok you do realize your character can move in three dimensions? Standing in the middle of doorways and hallways are going to lead to your ass bleeding. Try using the ult when you're moving on a vertical axis. Also, repeating the same tactic by moving to the same spot consistently will also lead to your ass bleeding. There is no such thing as a "limited number of spots" that's total bullshit when you're playing a class that can go invisible.

maynard
05-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Are you SUPPOSED to be able to see a rapscallion's ult through walls?

yes sir. rap is not flamepred, it's not meant 2 be running around all the time, it's a ambush class.

if people played it the way it's meant 2 be played, they would probably have a far better time playing it.

Spasm
05-05-2012, 05:37 AM
yes sir. rap is not flamepred, it's not meant 2 be running around all the time, it's a ambush class.

if people played it the way it's meant 2 be played, they would probably have a far better time playing it.

agreed, its a unique class and style. most people are too careless with it. To me its really boring though but I can get a decent kdr with the race.

CYBER
01-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Zero.
I had a rapscallion idea that i was going to share with you, shared it with brett and he thinks it's a decent idea to power up rapscallion a bit without affecting other races, and without changing its entire mechanics.

Instead of changing its ulti, add a +ability effect.
The ability will do the following:

ASCEND: One-time-only SOUNDLESS activation during each frozen-invis-ultimate, the player can press +ability to get "thrown" upwards by like 10/15/20/25/30 ft into the air while retaining invisibility
( u can pretty-it-up by adding very very small opaque smoke bomb effect like crow that grows per other level (10 levels total between range and effect)

This will allow the following scenarios:
1- add more versatility to rapscallion vs laces, which currently cripple it IMMENSELY more than any other race in the server by allowing the player to "tactically" use his +ability to get thrown out of lace range. it's a one-shot only since they cant use it more than once if still stuck in lace. but if they succeed in getting out the lace, they can then ulti out, and get one-time chance kill.

2- add more mobility to rapscallion on very open maps like dolls, where decent players can use an [ultimate+ability] combo to ulti in and out while going upwards for intermittent steps to get to high places, thus making the rapscallion levitation more usable. (remember, u consume that ability and resets each time u get in and out of ultimate)

3- will reduce the predictablity of the race where currently the rings will inform every player and their mother (through walls and across map) where the EXACT location of the rapscallion is, whereas a player could have secretly used his "ASCEND" once to get into a more tactical spot, and then free fall for ninja knives instead of being sitting duck.

4- create more locations for rap to hide in considering the new vertical motion they can receive.

5- make the race fucking PLAYABLE, especially with the tiny smoke bomb that might obscure vision on it for a sec... I would totally level up another 10-levels skill to do so.

Thoughts?

brett friggin favre
01-18-2014, 01:01 AM
i'm not reading that shit, cyber, but based off what i read of what you wrote in steam, i support the idea

CYBER
01-18-2014, 01:05 AM
i'm not reading that shit, cyber, but based off what i read of what you wrote in steam, i support the idea
it's exactly what i wrote in steam. just had to write it down to explain what kind of scenarios it can introduce, for those who didnt get the idea.
the yellow part is all u need to know :P

What
01-18-2014, 02:25 AM
Well, if I understand you right, you want it to be a button you can pressed that will allow the rap to essentially pop out of lace range when invisible by shooting itself up, allowing a decloak and a chance to kill the enemy. Maybe, would need to be tested to see how well it works, op or not etc but worth a try.

Still, I think just making the rings not visible through walls and shit would help a lot too.

kionay
01-20-2014, 09:56 AM
the rings are a dead giveaway but so is the sound effect, since the lace renders the class to be pretty crap maybe the ult can be silent and invisible? then when you're running away from someone you can duck around a corner, ult/hide and let them pass you but to give them the slip

with cat if you didn't see them do it you'd lose track of a good rap so easily, like a silent and deadly predator that strikes at the right moment (as opposed to the pirhana frenzy/drive-by knifing that flame pred is)

Blackmage
01-21-2014, 12:08 AM
Is the point of the smoke effect, a: being flashy b: make it so that if someone is nearby, it's not a get out of jail free card c: something else?

CYBER
10-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Is the point of the smoke effect, a: being flashy b: make it so that if someone is nearby, it's not a get out of jail free card c: something else?

I just read this sry. Yeah it's meant to add some little obstruction to the radar and shit to allow some juking , even in close quarters.

I was also thinking that the race should also have its rings NOT show through wall.
If zero insists on keeping the visible rings, then perhaps add a "+ability" that allows you to teleport while frozen by 10-20ft max to ur crosshair location while remaining that invisibility. Obviously this "+ability" would have 1 charge only that resets on cloaking. Or start with 2 charges only and have +1 charge whenever u get a kill.
New mechanics :p
Maybe make it so that this ability is only gained when you max the ENTIRE ultimate levelling to lv50. (similar to how Syndra (shout out to LOL players) gains an effect on maxing the ranks in that single skill".

This might encourage people to level that fucking hard as fuck race to lv 50 then make Plays by mind fucking people and getting a sneak attack in and then cloak out and then gtfo.

Rapscallion could be an interesting assassin like shaco, and i would totally play that race more often than its current state.

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if I understand you right, you want it to be a button you can pressed that will allow the rap to essentially pop out of lace range when invisible by shooting itself up, allowing a decloak and a chance to kill the enemy. Maybe, would need to be tested to see how well it works, op or not etc but worth a try.

Still, I think just making the rings not visible through walls and shit would help a lot too.

Just saw that too. Good input. U have valid points about testing for sure.

ZERO
10-21-2014, 12:46 AM
Or maybe I will make the rings only viable to their own team and spectators... when I get to this race I will see what sort of changes I can do to improve things without changing a lot of stuff.