PDA

View Full Version : Strafe Jumping on Escape Maps

Ren
08-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi, I see a potential problem with the new strafe jumping craze.

Today I observed Naked Saturday using strafe jumping as a zombie on deathstar escape as a way of catching up to humans. I believe he has found a loophole and is exploiting it. He was moving himself to spectate at the end of each round and then joining the zombie team at the beginning of the next round. He then would do a series of small strafe jumps as a means of essentially making himself a fast zombie and catching up to the humans. I believe the humans did not ever win the map, though I didn't stay for the whole time.

This will especially be a problem if it catches on and more than 1 person starts doing it. He says if you're smart you can get around it, but I think that the purpose of zombiemod is to be enjoyable for a large number of people--not for us to try to figure out how to circumvent loopholes that individual people have found. And please keep in mind, just because it takes skill to do something doesn't mean it shouldn't be against the rules. I understand that what he's doing takes some skill--I certainly can't do it.

I hope this problem is addressed soon.

B1ackOut
08-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Many people, myself included, do this on zombie mod for quite a while now, at least as long as i have been playing here.

Ren
08-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Please note, I'm not referring to actually jumping off of tall things while strafe jumping. Lots of people do that, and it's not a problem.

Steamer
08-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Bunny hopping... Been done forever..

Scripting / macro'ing bunny hop... cheap...

Scripts are not allowed... and trust me... you can tell when they are used.

Macro'ing to the mouse wheel or other key / combo ... In effect the same thing... isn't a script... so technically allowed...

IMO the bunny hopping should just not be allowed (on escape). A few hops I can see, but doing it everywhere is just no fun on escape maps.

B1ackOut
08-02-2011, 11:03 PM
yeah the zombies larger jump allows for more time to line up the bunny hop, so its not really that hard, and all it takes to stop it is someone who can properly aim a weapon, but if the person is really good at this, I can see how unprepared people can die from it consistently. Imo all it really takes is getting used to, and as steamer and myself said, it has been going on for quiet some time without complaint, so most people just seem to deal with it.

Rosie
08-03-2011, 12:00 AM
You can do the jump-chute run and outrun a fast Zom with either of the Pred models. Just something you have to accept. And like it was said one shot will stop it.

anex
08-03-2011, 09:36 AM
We need to get rid of predators all together on escape maps.

Steamer
08-03-2011, 03:21 PM
^ +1....

BladeTwinSwords
08-03-2011, 04:48 PM
^ +1...

Crimson
08-03-2011, 10:26 PM
To be honest, you can easily stop a bhop/strafe jump by slugging in a round or two ._. I know that predators are hard to for those who didnt lower their graphics [fps purposes], but even if you sprayed and manage to hit a land or two on the zombie, it instantly lowers their momentum causing them to go slower than a regular run/walk if not the same speed. As for getting rid of predators, its going to have to replaced with something, who knows what. Also be smart, if you hear/think a zombie is near you while your running, throw a nade bit ahead of you so that when you walk by it the zombies will combust in the opposite direction of where your running. Naked Saturday was somewhat right when he said "If your smart you can get around it" all you have to do is shoot him, countless times have I simply walked into a pack of humans just not to be shot and infect them. Bottom line: Keep a sharp eye and hit the jumper.

"but I think that the purpose of zombiemod is to be enjoyable for a large number of people--not for us to try to figure out how to circumvent loopholes that individual people have found." Pushing E on Vending machines and pulling vending machines into you, flipping cade props etc etc, are examples of loopholes to counter-act zombies that know how to break barricades (I.E Stacking on one another followed by hitting E to push) but humans learn to barricade better since zombies know this. Just a thought.:icon_mrgreen:

pwnage
08-25-2011, 10:10 AM
"but I think that the purpose of zombiemod is to be enjoyable for a large number of people--not for us to try to figure out how to circumvent loopholes that individual people have found." Pushing E on Vending machines and pulling vending machines into you, flipping cade props etc etc, are examples of loopholes to counter-act zombies that know how to break barricades (I.E Stacking on one another followed by hitting E to push) but humans learn to barricade better since zombies know this. Just a thought.:icon_mrgreen:

He does have a point there...