PDA

View Full Version : The Old Deformed

anex
08-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Dr. dRunk here,

Can we get the old deformed by any chance? I remember way back when, that when you saw a deformed that it mean't you were going to die. Its way to easier to kill a deformed and the knockback is terrible. The deformed needs to atleast have 0 knockback. Thats the point of the class. Because of that, no one plays the deformed class and with good reason. You might as well be a predator zombie.

Sincerly,
Dr. dRunk

ZERO
08-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Correct, the only reason there was knock back now is that there was some before but less than I could set. However, since then I have currently a plugin on the server that adds some small knock back to any dmg done. This is in addition to the normal knockback from the mod already. This change resulted in knockback working like it did in the past where you would go much further for a head shot (which is how it is now). In the past though there was no kockback for hs on the deformed.

As it is now possible to disable the HS knockback deformed and still have some very small normal knockback I have done so.

The bonus knockback on deformed hs has been removed as of right now. Changes will take effect next map. :wtg:

anex
08-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Thank you! <3 When are you going to stop by and play some Zm and relax?

Steamer
08-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Woohoo!!!

I remember when deformed striked fear into the hearts of many great ZM players!

We all knew rape was imminent when 2 or 3 where coming at you.

Bane of Soldiers
08-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Oh man, the old deformed. There were countless times where I would build a strong barricade or collect a team competent enough for pipe/crouch spot camping. And needless to say, countless times, my amusement quickly turned into horror when I saw a deformed zombie collect a whole brigade of classics in its followings, which only seemed to swell in size as the round continued. Those were the good old days. I'd say using the class would require some communication and teamwork for the zombies and force humans to prioritize their targets; if they have enough time, ammo, and grenades for the deformed, or if they were better off defending against the swarm of classics pushing the deformed. I am glad to see that the old deformed will be returning :D

Heck, I probably got worried if the deformed was only able to scratch up two classics against my cade. Those who enjoy "fishing" for zombies may have to think of a new tactic for their survival :smirk:

ZERO
08-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Relax, I got 1 week vacation this summer and I spent 2 days of it fixing the servers lol. I hope to get a week to go to Floria to visit my cousin after finishing the wcs server. But I should be able to get in game sometime this weekend.

Steamer
08-04-2011, 07:12 PM
I want a damn vacation! I would love to have a 5 day vacation. :lmao:

acolyte_to_jippity
08-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Relax, I got 1 week vacation this summer and I spent 2 days of it fixing the servers lol. I hope to get a week to go to Floria to visit my cousin after finishing the wcs server. But I should be able to get in game sometime this weekend.

WHY DO YOU DO THIS??

why zero? it's like you don't love us anymore.

:shivers: broken servers, valve updates...

ZERO
08-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Or is this a trap to get valve to release an update while I am at home? Like how I did not announce the cancellation of my tip to Europe which would have occurred at the same time as multiple valve updates and a week or two of DOS attacks, last month of which my scheduled return was the end of next week.

Steamer
08-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Valve dislikes you. :icon_mrgreen:

Steamer
08-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Since bonus damage was removed the Deformed is too OP. Slow it may be, but when I can hop threw a window while moving a cade with 5 people shooting me and get in and tag them all something is wrong....

It needs a bit more normal damage KB. 2 or more people loading m249's into me at the same time headshots or not cant stop this beast. :icon_mrgreen:

Osage
08-16-2011, 09:59 PM
100% agree, my vent partner and i emptied about 2 para clips each (i don't think their actually clips...) into a deformed zombies head, and the deformed zombie was able to advance enough to tag us. i believe he was the mother zombie, but even so that's like 20k damage :P. i think the hp should be lowered slightly or have a very small amount of knockback (any would be fine)

acolyte_to_jippity
08-16-2011, 10:01 PM
100% agree, my vent partner and i emptied about 2 para clips each (i don't think their actually clips...) into a deformed zombies head, and the deformed zombie was able to advance enough to tag us. i believe he was the mother zombie, but even so that's like 20k damage :P. i think the hp should be lowered slightly or have a very small amount of knockback (any would be fine)

i believe 11000 hp (deformed has 5500 i think to start, and alpha has double)

Bane of Soldiers
08-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Lol I was once an alpha deformed zombie in pulse temple of doom.....and I will say that you're given 14000 health, not 11000 XD

I sorta like it the way it is....Two para clips, a P90 clip, and two or three clips of a SIG pistol was enough to finish the fast zombie in front of me and then take 7000 health away from myself. I say keep it :P

Rosie
08-16-2011, 10:44 PM
The adjust did go overboard, the old deformed could still be stopped with well aimed shots. Now they look at you and say I'm the Juggernaut bitch.

xx-DeCiMaToR-xx
08-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Normal Deformeds start with 6500 HP. I haven't seen this thread until now, but I have noticed the lack of pushback when playing as a Deformed on certain maps where I'll stalk a window for two or three minutes waiting for the CTs to come closer and take a peek and.....TAGGGGG! "Ohh, WTF!?!". Just being of a small size is a reward in playing as a Deformed itself...as long as no one is walling.... =D

Pl@YwithM3
09-14-2011, 10:41 AM
yah... the deformed are kinda really hopeless to defend against unless you have like an army of people getting rapid well aimed shots at them.. im sure it was popular (for some odd reason) in the old days, however the (new) regulars are mostly all throwing hissy fits about this new adjustment ;z

slight knockback and or lowered health would be wonderful.. cuz now EVERYONES playing as deformed an its hopeless in most scenarios :banghead:

Bane of Soldiers
09-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I think most of the new regulars are throwing hissy fits because most of the newer regulars are kinda/sorta rank whores.... and it's not hopeless. Two smart players can hold off in a tube and manage to win the round and beat off three deformed without too much hassle. And the increase in deformed zombies makes a large unbalance in the zombie population, usually resulting in a shortage of both poison and fast zombies, which could be a good thing for the humans depending on what they're doing for survival. Imo, the speed and jump of the deformed equalizes the knockback and health, because it allows even the dumbest of players to unload a lot of damage on the zombie, given that they're not using a shotgun or a scout lol. From the previous statement, the deformed, like the fast zombie, is not well equipped for taking on several strongholds in a round

Steamer
09-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Get 2 or 3 good players on deformed with all the damage soaks running around vs 2 good tubers and see how long you really do last in there.

The older days this beast had barely any kb to body (really didn't kb at all, only just slowed down) and little to head. Raising the head shot kb bonus just a tiny fraction should balance the issue quite a bit.

I have personally demolished quite a few good players in tubes and other crouch spots with or without help.

Rosie
09-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Get 2 or 3 good players on deformed with all the damage soaks running around vs 2 good tubers and see how long you really do last in there.

The older days this beast had barely any kb to body (really didn't kb at all, only just slowed down) and little to head. Raising the head shot kb bonus just a tiny fraction should balance the issue quite a bit.

I have personally demolished quite a few good players in tubes and other crouch spots with or without help.

Agreed I dont care who you are in a tube a deformed now means the death clock starts. The last adjustment made them over-powered. They have no kb to the head or body, and if you are in a tube you die. Little added hea kb is all they need.

ZERO
09-14-2011, 08:10 PM
I have increased the hs knockback from the minimum setting of .1 to the next lowest of .2

I have also raised the chance of normal dmg knock back from 10% to 20%.