PDA

View Full Version : Zombie classes

Evil
08-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Why is it that every time I join the server, I keep getting switched back from a Predator to an Infected. I keep having to type '!zclass' just so I can change back. Every map I have to type that because Sometimes I'm still a predator, but most of the times I'm an Infected.

Is there anyway we can have cookies on the classes we choose. I don't want to have to keep type '!zclass' every single time I join the server. :)

Dj panda
08-05-2011, 02:24 PM
I get this too :/

ChrisYoung
08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
:headache:

acolyte_to_jippity
08-05-2011, 04:23 PM
it's because certain classes are disabled on escape maps, so you get pushed to a different one. i'm normally poison, and when we go to escapes, i end up as a classic, but when it returns to a cade map i become an infected.

NakedSaturday
08-05-2011, 04:38 PM
the server actually does have cookies to remember what class of zombie you are, however, it only remembers what number selection you are and not the specific class, so because there are different choices for escape and cade maps the zombie class relative to the specific number choice changes, but your choice of number does not therefor you change from predator to infected, one way zero could remedy the problem is to use the shorter escape list as default and the extra options on cade maps on the next down the list so that if you chose a class that works in both game types you will remain that class in both game types, however the same problem will remain if you chose a cade only class, in which case you will default over to regular zombie in escape

ZERO
08-05-2011, 04:46 PM
This could be avoided if I created 1 more zombie for escape maps. Do we want to just copy the config of the classic and offer 2 different model options? Or what, b/c there is some ways we can work around this issue.

Steamer
08-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Issue of lazyness...

Anyway, that idea sounds good to me.

Headcrab and headcrabless classics?... http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/34918

acolyte_to_jippity
08-05-2011, 06:17 PM
we should have a headcrab class. can climb walls (very slwoly), very good longjump, and it's attacks do not cause instant death, instead they deal damage and require several hits to kill. it also has less hp, but obviously the headcrab model so it's harder to hit

Evil
08-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Yeah. We should have a Headcrab or Headcrab Classic for escape maps. Would be different from the other zombies. :icon_mrgreen:

Rosie
08-05-2011, 08:00 PM
If you gave the classics different skins you could just tweak the abilities. Slightly faster but less hp, or slightly faster with larger hit boxes..... Just something along those lines. The skin change could be as simple as a change in skin tone.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-05-2011, 08:35 PM
If you gave the classics different skins you could just tweak the abilities. Slightly faster but less hp, or slightly faster with larger hit boxes..... Just something along those lines. The skin change could be as simple as a change in skin tone.

that's dumb. if you want faster, play speed or infected or pred.

the entire reason we have different classes is so people can have different stats.

Evil
08-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Or ZERO, you can maybe add a new class for ONLY escape maps that have the pred stats but are a different skin instead of being invisible.

ZERO
08-06-2011, 10:45 PM
What I am talking about is only for escape maps to make it so that zm and ze maps have the same number of zombies. This will prevent you from needing to change your class when the map changes.

Right now here is an example of the problem:

User selection: 4

Normal Map
1 = zombie1
2 = zombie2
3 = zombie3
4 = zombie4
5 = zombie5

ZE Map
1 = zombie1
2 = zombie3
3 = zombie4
4 = zombie5

Note that in the above case the zombie2 was removed. This shifted the results up so that users who selected 2 now get zombie3 and users who selected 3 now get zombie4 with users who selected 4 getting zombie5 and users who selected 5 being forced to select a new zombie.

If instead you did:

Normal Map
1 = zombie1
2 = zombie2
3 = zombie3
4 = zombie4
5 = zombie5

ZE Map
1 = zombie1
2 = zombie6
3 = zombie3
4 = zombie4
5 = zombie5

The problem is avoided by replacing zombie2 with zombie6 so that the order is maintained. Thus users who had selected option 2 would be the only ones who got a zombie different from what they normal get in zm maps. In the real case of the server the goal would be to make it so that users who had selected deformed or fast on the zm maps would get something else on ze maps.

Alternatively we could just bring back the fast and deformed and massively adjust their settings on ze maps.

pwnage
08-08-2011, 11:21 AM
What I am talking about is only for escape maps to make it so that zm and ze maps have the same number of zombies. This will prevent you from needing to change your class when the map changes.

Right now here is an example of the problem:

Normal Map
1 = zombie1
2 = zombie2
3 = zombie3
4 = zombie4
5 = zombie5

ZE Map
1 = zombie1
2 = zombie3
3 = zombie4
4 = zombie5

Note that in the above case the zombie2 was removed. This shifted the results up so that users who selected 2 now get zombie3 and users who selected 3 now get zombie4 with users who selected 4 getting zombie5 and users who selected 5 being forced to select a new zombie.

If instead you did:

Normal Map
1 = zombie1
2 = zombie2
3 = zombie3
4 = zombie4
5 = zombie5

ZE Map
1 = zombie1
2 = zombie6
3 = zombie3
4 = zombie4
5 = zombie5

The problem is avoided by replacing zombie2 with zombie6 so that the order is maintained. Thus users who had selected option 2 would be the only ones who got a zombie different from what they normal get in zm maps. In the real case of the server the goal would be to make it so that users who had selected deformed or fast on the zm maps would get something else on ze maps.

Alternatively we could just bring back the fast and deformed and massively adjust their settings on ze maps.
I say that we make it so there is one more class of zombie for the escape maps, that way we can have our presets stay the same when we get back on to cade maps. Also, it would be very cool to introduce a new skin/race into the ze maps. Just my 2 cents....