ZERO
08-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Dragon Fly
Required Level: 270
Levels per ability: 6
Item Restrictions: NONE

Blood Loss: 5-35% chance to do extra damage
Death Sparks: 18-33% chance to leave deadly sparks on death
Weapon Menu: 30-10sec cool down 28-100% chance to be able to use it at round start with no cool down for first use.
Jet Fuel: Fly at 1.3-3 speed with partial invisibility

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=33180

Initial Release

Users can no longer get weapons while dead.

Lace no longer produces immunity to sparks.

Updated all weapon removal lines
Removed the left hand glitch temp patch for testing
Removed redundant code

Added check to validate an entity before trying to find its parent

Reprogrammed from scratch
New Effects (effects from original pre OB version added)
Removed time limits on fly and weapon menu
Dramatic performance improvements
Death Sparks target zone is now spherical rather than cylindrical

weapon_ump45 code fix

Fixed glitch where death sparks would continue to deal dmg if you changed race after death thus allowing stills to stack and proc on death sparks

Patched bug where weapon removal and give code could run on a dead client leading to errors

acolyte_to_jippity
08-08-2011, 04:50 PM
the weapon menu thing was never worded right. it gave you a weapon menu when you type "weapons" into chat.

at any time. and there were'nt really any levels associated with that skill

ZERO
08-08-2011, 04:51 PM
To confirm my understanding of the fly ability. Does it fly around basically like archmage does? Does this race let you use your guns when flying?

As for the weapon menu here was my thoughts for the order of the menus:

select pistol->[shotgun|smg|rifle]->select weapon

This makes it so there is only 3 menus total you go though. Users will automatically get nades and a defuse kit ect. I could alternatively make it do auto buy and make the order:

[auto|manual]->(if manual)->select pistol->[shotgun|smg|rifle]->select weapon
----------------->(if auto)->[shotgun|smg|rifle]

In the above auto option you will get predefined setup of weapons automatically the rile option will be 50/50 ak or m4.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

the weapon menu thing was never worded right. it gave you a weapon menu when you type "weapons" into chat.

at any time. and there were'nt really any levels associated with that skill

It will work now and will work correctly. You will get the weapons you select on spawn and only at spawn.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-08-2011, 05:29 PM
It will work now and will work correctly. You will get the weapons you select on spawn and only at spawn.

well shit. that kinda kills the race.

maynard
08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
the fly is quicker than archmage off the start other then that it was pretty much the same.

H.Bitch
08-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I was under the assumption it worked like Santa's flying did.

maynard
08-08-2011, 05:43 PM
thats whats i meant by it's quicker at the start... I'm stoned.. not the best time 2 explain this shit.... but when you would hit your ultimate you would get a good speed boost as well as fly off the bat, you didn't have 2 build momentum for your speed. it was also a bit easier 2 control unlike archmage... santa was prob as close as you could get for a comparison

ZERO
08-08-2011, 07:11 PM
well shit. that kinda kills the race.
The sparks which always sucked is being buffed, do not worry as seen with the other races that were not so great in the past I have a few tricks to breath new life into some of the less popular races. :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
The sparks which always sucked is being buffed, do not worry as seen with the other races that were not so great in the past I have a few tricks to breath new life into some of the less popular races. :wtg:

dragonfly kicked ass though. it was only less popular because people didn't play it right. its strength was its flexibility. you could fly to a good vantage spot and pull out a famas or scout for lopng range work, and if the enemies got too nosey you could swap to a shotty or p90 and deal with them in close.

maynard
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
awesome, cause yeah before the sparks were just useless lol

ZERO
08-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Perhaps then the weapon menu should be changed so you level the amount of freedom in selection over time. The real problem I have with something like this working all the time is that it will conflict with jack which is supposed to be the race that gets to change weapons...

acolyte_to_jippity
08-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Perhaps then the weapon menu should be changed so you level the amount of freedom in selection over time. The real problem I have with something like this working all the time is that it will conflict with jack which is supposed to be the race that gets to change weapons...

with jack it was an instant thing. dragonfly required navigating through a menu.

unless you were baller like me, and made custom binds ^_^

ZERO
08-08-2011, 09:37 PM
with jack it was an instant thing. dragonfly required navigating through a menu.

unless you were baller like me, and made custom binds ^_^

What occurs if I randomize the locations of objects within the menu? Oh shit, now your in trouble...

acolyte_to_jippity
08-08-2011, 09:48 PM
What occurs if I randomize the locations of objects within the menu? Oh shit, now your in trouble...

simple, i don't play that race again, since you would have completely fucked it up.

ZERO
08-08-2011, 10:39 PM
ROFL!

Seriously now:

I think the thing to do may be to make it so you have the menu like before but only on chance. Basically it could be a spawn activated power.

If I recall correctly now it was based on a chance when you entered the command before. I think that changing this to activate on spawn will make its usage more consistent to the user. Thus for a given round you know if you can plan your strats around it or not.

H.Bitch
08-09-2011, 09:43 PM
What about adopting a "use Previous selection" in the menu, so those who respawn from something like Protostar don't have to fuck around with menus in the middle of a fire fight?

ZERO
08-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Most respawn powers give users their weapons they head at death back do they not?

H.Bitch
08-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Ah yea... I was just thinking about how if you respawn you get the menu as chameleon and it fucks your shit up since you can't weapon change until you close it out. I wasn't sure if it would be a menu like that or not.

ZERO
08-10-2011, 03:34 PM
No I am thinking to make it like before but so that the ability for it to work at all is based on a chance at spawn. Then you can open the menu as often as you want and change weapons.

maynard
08-10-2011, 03:48 PM
as long as it only works at spawn, sounds good.

Steamer
08-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Chance at spawn to have weapon changes though the round. De-buffed from before, but may need it to hold up to jack.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-10-2011, 07:07 PM
No I am thinking to make it like before but so that the ability for it to work at all is based on a chance at spawn. Then you can open the menu as often as you want and change weapons.

so, you'll have a chance to be able to use the menu eachtime you spawn? AND you'll only be able to use it in spawn?

ZERO
08-10-2011, 07:18 PM
No you will be able to use it during the round at any time if the power activated at spawn. :wtg:

BladeTwinSwords
08-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Sounds good to me.

ShadedFlash
11-08-2011, 06:55 PM
ROFL!

Seriously now:

I think the thing to do may be to make it so you have the menu like before but only on chance. Basically it could be a spawn activated power.

If I recall correctly now it was based on a chance when you entered the command before. I think that changing this to activate on spawn will make its usage more consistent to the user. Thus for a given round you know if you can plan your strats around it or not.If this becomes a spawn activated power...will you add new powers like this to chameleons arsenal or no?

Rebirth
11-16-2011, 02:49 AM
instead of a menu based system, you could do something like the last server I played in, making it a kind of weaponsmith. You type in the weapon you want made, and you have a percentage change to spawn it. It would give it some team play aspect as well. Make it only able to spawn like para, scout, m4, ak or something.

ZERO
11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Weapon Menu: 30-10sec cool down 28-62% chance to be able to use it at round start with no cool down for first use.

I have altered the way this works to what I believe will create the best balance between what everyone wants and the general way this race was intended to be used.

ZERO
11-18-2011, 04:23 PM
I need to know if anyone has any pics ect of what the blood loss effect looked like. Here is the code I have:

es_math wcs_z1 + 40
es_math wcs_z2 + 40
es est_Effect 3 #a 0 sprites/lgtning.vmt server_var(wcs_x1) server_var(wcs_y1) server_var(wcs_z1) server_var(wcs_x2) server_var(wcs_y2) server_var(wcs_z2) 1 2 3 255 0 0 255
es est_Effect 3 #a 0 effects/black.vmt server_var(wcs_x1) server_var(wcs_y1) server_var(wcs_z1) server_var(wcs_x2) server_var(wcs_y2) server_var(wcs_z2) 1 1 1 255 0 0 255
es est_effect 10 #a 0 vgui/gfx/vgui/cs_logo.vmt server_var(wcs_x2) server_var(wcs_y2) server_var(wcs_z2) 80 90 1 10 10 0 255 0 0 255 2
es est_effect 10 #a 0 sprites/scanner.vmt server_var(wcs_x2) server_var(wcs_y2) server_var(wcs_z2) 80 90 1 5 10 0 255 0 0 255 2
es_give event_var(userid) env_blood
es_fire event_var(userid) env_blood addoutput "color 0"
es_fire event_var(userid) env_blood addoutput "amount 90"
es_fire event_var(userid) env_blood addoutput "spawnflags 909"
es_fire event_var(userid) env_blood emitblood
es_delayed 3 es_fire event_var(userid) env_blood kill

Logically that does not tell me much other than the types of effects that were used. It is always hard to remember what it looked like and that is easier to code from.

I could alternatively make it look how ever you guys want. So just let me know so we can have an effect that matches this ability.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

I will be changing the death sparks a bit to create a larger area of effect.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Weapon Menu: 30-10sec cool down 28-62% chance to be able to use it at round start with no cool down for first use.

I have altered the way this works to what I believe will create the best balance between what everyone wants and the general way this race was intended to be used.

YES!!!! zero, you're awesome! i'm assuming that once when you actually use it (not the spawn version) it will work 100%?

ZERO
11-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Yea you will be able to use it x often. You will also be able to get a 100% chance to use it at spawn when fully leveled.

The race is currently on the test server with the first 2 skills. The effects are not added yet and there is only 1 spark for the death ability so you can see that it activated.

As usual I will do all the actual stuff first and then go back and add the effects.

ZERO
11-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh I should mention that one of the menu orders will be randomized in order to break micro scripts.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Oh I should mention that one of the menu orders will be randomized in order to break micro scripts.

what? why?

ZERO
11-18-2011, 06:57 PM
It is fully working and in the server now with all abilities except for the ultimate.

Well it does not break micros but it makes it so that if you try to use it there is a chance it will not give the result you want. :smirk:

Now I am working on the ult power.

Chikun
11-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Why did you do this when Skyrim came out? I have no time to level this...

Haters gonna hate.

ZERO
11-18-2011, 07:31 PM
All abilities should now be working correctly please test and confirm. I will be creating the effects later :wtg:

Looks like we will be getting at least 1 new race soon!

ZERO
11-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Oh I hope to be getting more of the races knocked off now. This weekend I will also be fixing the psychostats for wcs too.

Steamer
11-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Shotgun menu not spawning weapons.

Wasn't this race able to shoot in it's fly ultimate before breaking update?

acolyte_to_jippity
11-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Shotgun menu not spawning weapons.

Wasn't this race able to shoot in it's fly ultimate before breaking update?

...yes? maybe?

ZERO
11-19-2011, 01:10 AM
That was santa. One of the important parts of the weapon menu in this race is that if you used fly you would due to a glitch also lose your guns and so the weapon menu was basically a fix for that issue lol.

I have fixed the issue with the Shotguns.

maynard
11-19-2011, 01:15 AM
omg I miss santa lol... and jacks...

Steamer
11-19-2011, 02:32 AM
Hmmm... I kept my weapons after fly, and can drop them and spam more.

Intended?
Last post sounds as if it wasn't.

ZERO
11-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Yes you should get your weapons back after flying. The old race you did not b/c the person that programmed it did not know what they were doing.

There is no way around the weapon dropping thing without overly complicated code that is too high a rick of causing bugs and crashes. This exists with all races that give weapons.

Is everyone happy with how this race works? The only thing I have left is to add the effects for blood loss and fly.

Steamer
11-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Well the weapons and fly work pretty good. Haven't been able to try it against anyone as of yet.

ZERO
11-19-2011, 01:32 PM
One big thing is I hope to get all these last ones done so I can go fix the ones we already have. Every time I program a new race and look at the code from the old ones I find so many stupid bugs. Not that they break the race but just the way that they are programed is stupid.

What is important is that I try to improve the code for each new race so we get a more stable server :wtg:

ZERO
11-20-2011, 02:04 AM
So any ideas on the effects for blood loss and the flying?

Should I just make something up?

Steamer
11-20-2011, 02:26 AM
Fly: The effect from Athena's Realm but light green and only on lift off?
Blood Loss: Dim thin red line from you to player?

acolyte_to_jippity
11-20-2011, 02:36 AM
fly had a red particle trail behind it, and was somewhat (like, 25%) invis while flying.

Steamer
11-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Which made it's invis worthless.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-20-2011, 06:15 AM
Which made it's invis worthless.

...so? it wasn't a stealth race. it was just a neat visual

ZERO
11-21-2011, 01:26 PM
I am going to try to learn how to do particle effects with this race. Then when the races are done I can go back and redo a few with better effects. :wtg:

ZERO
12-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Ultimate ability finished. I have really tried to take this ability and effect to the next level. Player is now completely invisible however the location of the start of the blue effect should be enough to indicate where they are. Effect (not invisibility) lasts for a few seconds after landing but does not follow the player and its dispersion point is placed under the map to hid any new particle creation temporary.

Now this just leaves blood loss and I hope that you all like how the ult works now. If there are any bugs or other issues with it let me know so I can fix them asap. :wtg:

ZERO
12-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Me and jig did a lot of testing with this yesterday and everything appears working. Once I get the effect for blood loss done it will be released.

I want to get Santa done in time for Christmas!

maynard
12-09-2011, 01:59 PM
I want to get Santa done in time for Christmas!

...:wtg:

ZERO
12-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Finished ready for final release test.

Blackmage
12-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Not sure what caused it, but one time, when Kygn was using his ulti, I couldn't see his particles. I could see mine, and he could see both his and mine. This was the third or fourth time in a round he went into his ulti mode.

Another one time only thing: Kygn killed me, he was in Ulti mode and stayed till round change. He spawned in midair taking damage.

Couldn't reproduce either of these things, and didn't personally see the glitch he had, but there's the information.

Also concerned that the particles keep spawning after death. Not sure how long, I'll test again once the test server is on a bomb map.

ZERO
12-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I have updated the way the fly effect functions if a player dies while flying so that it terminates properly. :wtg:

Please report any other bugs and it will be released when determined to be bug free.

Blackmage
12-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Server crashed/went down when using ulti upon spawn(de_dust2), a few minutes before this post. No idea if this was Dragon Fly related, server related, or what. I've done it in the same way, both prior and after, and never happened again.

Particle seems fine now, nothing else of note from solo testing. Will be testing again later, have to go now, just wanted to bring this up in case it IS related.

ZERO
12-10-2011, 07:36 PM
I found an error that was related to changing from DragonFly to another race that was in the logs around the time of your testing. I have corrected the issue and it should be error free now.

Also is everyone happy with the effect for blood loss?

Blackmage
12-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Ok, a second time the damage in spawn happened. I'm thinking the death sparks aren't going away right away, got knocked down to 30 this time. It involved me respawning in the same place where I killed the enemy. The death sparks effects AREN'T there, but I'm taking damage. Edit: Just did it a third time to confirm, this is a consistent happening.

Blood loss is noticeable from the attackers POV, and not bad from the attacked. I like it.

No other problems.

On a side note, the server is going to be bloody blue for a while after this is released :P

Ok, new edit: in a WTF moment, kygn, having Secure Connection problems... Lost his knife... Kept his pistol while not in ulti, but didn't have the knife in any mode. Edit to the Edit: ALL knives are gone. Changing races solved the problem, suicide did not, ending the round did not, leaving and rejoining did not.

Edit AGAIN: now, not ALWAYS getting weapons back after coming out of ulti. Got nothing, then got my main back.

In this glitched state: killing myself in this glitched state results in me not spawning with a gun next round. Correction: I go in and out of this state at seemingly random.

ZERO
12-11-2011, 03:11 PM
The issue with the sparks should be fixed. Also if you die while flying you will lose your weapons. This provides a little balance to the weapon menu as it is not as though you can not get the shit free from there. The inconvenience also reinforces players not wanting to die while in flight.

As for the issue with the knife there is nothing that removed the knife from the player so it sound like something client side, unless another player can recreate it.

Please test and confirm everything is working correctly now.

Blackmage
12-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Dying in round 0, after it's said "Round Draw", death sparks still worked. Edit: yup, consistent.

I've also managed to lose my knife again... Time to see if I can figure out how. I'm thinking it has something to do with suicide while flying.

Edit: Well, death while in flight has interesting interaction, but can't reproduce the knife glitch.

ZERO
12-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Question, do wards have the same behavior in that they exist/deal damage after round ends if they have time. I think the issue is that the war3spawn event is triggered too late. I may need to hook the round end event but I really do not want to if it is not needed in order to fix this glitch.

I have updated the race so please retest.

Blackmage
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
First thing I did was use my ultimate and kill myself... Ended up spawning without a gun or knife. Hint to people: Don't suicide while flying. Sometimes this also causes the left hand glitch upon spawning.

Beyond that, Sparks still hurt post round end, Wards(both strider and Shadow Hunter) do NOT.

I tested some other things that might have carried over: Blood mage ulti carries over for 1 tick, Genocide does not carry over, Panorama Rematch DOES carry over to the next round. Mol Shield carries over. both immobility and effect, Eye ra Summon carries over. Athena/Night Elf freeze doesn't carry over, however the effects do. Zeal does not. Crypt Lord's Ultimate cooldown carries over from previous round. Hell Hunter Fire Nade's fire carries over but doesn't damage. Strider Flight's removal of current weapons from +ability1's release happens on new rounds without +ability1 being pressed in the new round. Shadow of the void, Flight effects (Archmage, Dragonfly, Strider), can't tell for sure, but don't seem to carry over. I didn't test: Suc Hunter ulti, warden shadow strike, bash effects, class burning effects.

I also encountered a glitch that I thought had been dealt with on Athena, which I will be reporting there. Cheerio.

Rosie
01-16-2012, 11:24 AM
I also got the knife glitch. but after round it went away. Also from what I noted the weapons menu was not random.

ZERO
01-16-2012, 06:54 PM
I figured out what was going on with preventing the death sparks from carrying over. First I found that I was not actually running any code to turn the sparks off (oops) then I found the code I was using to turn off the timer actually does nothing b/c I was not using the correct variables. I have now corrected both of these issues and rolled out an update this update is also going to shadow of the void right now.

I also made some changes to make it so that the buffs are returned to normal when you trigger death instead of just on spawn. This should solve weapon restriction issues that occurs after death ie the left hand glitch.

Please test and confirm. This race is now in final release phase. If declared bug free it will be released.

maynard
01-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Please test and confirm. This race is now in final release phase. If declared bug free it will be released.

excellent. I look forward 2 updating the WCS community group with this awesome info.

...ZOMG!!! JACK IS NEXT!!!! FUCK YEAH! I know the rest of you share my joy over that fact Lol...

ZERO
01-16-2012, 07:55 PM

Initial Release

Blackmage
01-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Works while dead if you still have it up. Using it while dead turns the person you are speccing's guns invisible.

Weapon's menu works 100% of the time at spawn.

On a related but unknown note, people are losing sight of various other things, such as buildings, I couldn't see molucule's ulti.

People are losing pistols again.

Much later edit: Not sure what does the 100% thing. Changing maps on test did NOT cause it to occur.

Penis シ
01-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Caused a spectator glitch that removes ALL props until reconnect. Happened for several people in the server where boxes, in some case doors were see through. I have screenshots.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632988191158270158/46329134AB2A93B0798B482D6D1B0C9093252287/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632988191158272617/BC3F7DC8DA515C3602D9B99042FA7FAA8BFA9FF9/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632988191158274287/C21D6735C8050802FF1729EB23624E05AD2480D3/

Sorry for oversize images.

maynard
01-16-2012, 10:36 PM
I always knew penis hacked... now we got the proof! you're so banned!:smirk:

B1ackOut
01-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Yea i was on the roof and all of the air conditioners and stuff was gone.

taz1stP
01-16-2012, 10:53 PM
go in the vents and look like you can fly XD

Blackmage
01-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Not sure if it's dragonfly or just sever issues, but it's crashing about every other map.

ZERO
01-17-2012, 12:54 AM

Users can no longer get weapons while dead.

ZERO
01-17-2012, 01:44 AM
I think I may have solve part of the issue with left hand glitch causing crashes. I think the issue is related to when fly is used and a player has the left hand glitch at the same time. I have coded a possible fix that tires to detect the glitch and fix it before letting a user then fly.

ZERO
01-17-2012, 02:52 AM
We did extensive testing after this update flying if you have the left hand glitch no longer causes a crash. Prior to the change trying to fly with that glitch resulted in a crash.

Blackmage
01-17-2012, 03:00 AM
And I just spawned with no knife. No suicides beforehand.

ZERO
01-17-2012, 08:52 AM
What causes the no weapons glitch is unknown and it can occur on any race without warning. It is known that something in the war3 mod in general causes this. The same issue used to be very common in gg until the developer of gg fixed it. I believe that the next war3 update may finally fix this issue. Let us hope that it does. Otherwise I will try to contact the gg developer for help and see if he can point us toward helping get war3 fixed. :wtg:

What I can do now is try to narrow down what can cause the server to crash if that glitch occurs in order to work around it. If you all can find particular things that can trigger a crash when you have that glitch and then report them in the appropriate thread I can can prevent the crash.

As far as spawning with no knife I could create a script that runs x time after a client spawns to see if they should have a knife and if they do not give them one.

Spasm
01-17-2012, 10:07 AM
What causes the no weapons glitch is unknown and it can occur on any race without warning. It is known that something in the war3 mod in general causes this. The same issue used to be very common in gg until the developer of gg fixed it. I believe that the next war3 update may finally fix this issue. Let us hope that it does. Otherwise I will try to contact the gg developer for help and see if he can point us toward helping get war3 fixed. :wtg:

What I can do now is try to narrow down what can cause the server to crash if that glitch occurs in order to work around it. If you all can find particular things that can trigger a crash when you have that glitch and then report them in the appropriate thread I can can prevent the crash.

As far as spawning with no knife I could create a script that runs x time after a client spawns to see if they should have a knife and if they do not give them one.

I think its this race and here is why ZERO. I haven't had the left hand weapon thing on WCS in ages. Now that we got this race, while leveling it, seems to happen about every 5 rounds or so. In other words, fine before with no dragonfly, after dragonfly messes up a lot. I haven't played another race yet but got a feeling its just dragonfly.

ZERO
01-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Then your saying that your only getting the glitch when you are also using this race?

Tickle Me Emo
01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
I've encountered the left hand glitch after the release of dragon fly, but not while playing dragon fly. It's been ages since I've been affected by that glitch. It's an isolated incident, but it's worth taking note if others are experiencing the same issue. I shall see if I encounter it again...

Spasm
01-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Then your saying that your only getting the glitch when you are also using this race?

Well It hasn't happened in prob half a year or more. I didn't play other races because I was enjoying some dragonfly this morning. I do know that it hasn't happened in what seems like forever, and now that this race is released its happening again. I will get back to you on it happening with other races, but it happen about every 5 rounds or so. I know one thing, if I had the weapon menu ready, I could activate it, respawn me some more weapons, and it was fixed for the time being.

Rosie
01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
I was on earlier and I did not have the problem, but 3 or 4 players encountered it in the 2 maps I was on. One of them switched off Dragon Fly and had it happen the next round as a different race.

Blackmage
01-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Why does lace block sparks?

Edit: if this isn't a glitch, felt people should know :)

ZERO
01-19-2012, 02:56 AM

Lace no longer produces immunity to sparks.

ZERO
01-19-2012, 01:27 PM
As dragon fly uses more weapon removal methods than any other race I will be reprogramming this race to use a new method first as a test to see if the race continues to work properly afterword. If it does then the update can be rolled out to the other races and possibly reduce the left hand glitch/improve server stability.

ZERO
01-19-2012, 02:01 PM

Updated all weapon removal lines
Removed the left hand glitch temp patch for testing
Removed redundant code

Steamer
01-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Is it possible to recode the fly method so that it does not auto reload weapons?

M249, spray, fly fly, spray, fly fly, spray non stop... Kind of ridiculous...

emTr0
01-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Is it possible to recode the fly method so that it does not auto reload weapons?

M249, spray, fly fly, spray, fly fly, spray non stop... Kind of ridiculous...

Don't be hating!

It's like that for all flying races and they weren't changed.

Steamer
01-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Lol... It just seems... so cheap...

I spam them too....

ZERO
01-24-2012, 08:57 PM

Added check to validate an entity before trying to find its parent

Masskid
07-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Is there a rule about using dragonfly's ultimate to intentionally crash the server?

brett friggin favre
07-16-2012, 07:25 PM
from server rules:

II. Exploiting
1) The use of programs, settings, or scripts to crash or exploit the server
A) Hacking the server
B) Executing a script that can crash the server
2) The use of scripts to break normal functionality of a game or mod

my interpretation, yes.

SCRIBBLE
07-16-2012, 07:27 PM
IMO it depends on obvious intention and lack of concern for server health. The following two rules will suffice to enforce some type of punishment.

II. Exploiting
1) The use of programs, settings, or scripts to crash or exploit the server

V. Glitching
3) Taking advantage of a mod
A) When used to break the normal functionality of the game

Applicable punishments:

-PUNISHMENT

I. Kicks
Should be given out to players to break the rules and disrupt the game. A verbal and admin say warring should be given out in advanced of a kick.1) If players fail to respond within a reasonable time frame they should be kicked for violation of any of the following
V

2) The following can be upgraded directly to a "short" temp ban with the discretion of the ADMIN. Remember that the player should still be warned before any ban or kick is issued.
V

III. Perma bans
This is the highest punishment a player can receive. It can only be granted by a relatively small number of Upper Level Admins. Perma bans usually require a demo but always require that the player in question, beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community. Like any ban these can be applied but require a 2/3 majority vote from ALL upper level admins. If the ban appeal is denied it can NEVER be made again.1) Violation of the following can result in perma ban without a demo. As long as there is substantial witnesses and physical log evidence
II.1

XX0wnsXY
07-16-2012, 07:30 PM
This race should not be playable if it can be exploited in such a way to crash the servers. I just watched the server crash 4 times in a row. I don't know if h4x0r is doing it on purpose or not. However, the race should be looked at.

Masskid
07-16-2012, 07:49 PM
i've seen people jump onto dragonfly to crash it when they go to a map they dont like and cant win the RTV

Blackmage
07-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Don't forget we had a similar thing with Hell's Demon, and the ruling was "all admins should be keeping ppl off the race.".

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/3707-Hell-Demon-Don-t-Use!?highlight=demon

Chikun
07-17-2012, 01:59 AM
This race should not be playable if it can be exploited in such a way to crash the servers. I just watched the server crash 4 times in a row. I don't know if h4x0r is doing it on purpose or not. However, the race should be looked at.

Short answer, he does.

Long answer, he did it (Yesterday? Day before maybe?) on de_dolls when there wasn't enough people to rtv. It didn't crash though.

CYBER
07-17-2012, 06:06 PM
From what I understood from scribble, Maynard says that the dragonfly race is hereby OFF LIMITS until zero himself posts something about it and looks into possible problems.
Yes, for now this means that you can enforce admin commands mentionned by scribble above in order to maintain server stability if you suspect that dragonfly is indeed causing back to back crashes (not just a random one)

maynard
07-17-2012, 06:12 PM
From what I understood from scribble, Maynard says that the dragonfly race is hereby OFF LIMITS

huh? when did I say this?

CYBER
07-17-2012, 06:32 PM
huh? when did I say this?
mmm i guess you didnt say that? sry for the confusion.
i probably understood wrong when scribble asked to enforce that rule in game yesterday, figured since u were the only clan that i discussed the issue with...
scribble?
but... thoughts for now?

SCRIBBLE
07-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I am solely responsible, maynard was not involved.

I made that decision based off the best interests of the server - maintaining server stability, reputation, and player count by recognizing the obvious trend of dragon fly's ultimate crashing the server.

h4x0r
07-18-2012, 03:14 AM
It definitely crashes the server consistently, I admit to crashing the server, but I am trying to level dragonfly and flying is fun. I hope it's fixed soon.

maynard
07-18-2012, 03:16 AM
everyone keep off of it till zero addresses the issue.

HypeRNT
07-18-2012, 04:22 AM
From what I understood from scribble, Maynard says that the dragonfly race is hereby OFF LIMITS until zero himself posts something about it and looks into possible problems.
Yes, for now this means that you can enforce admin commands mentionned by scribble above in order to maintain server stability if you suspect that dragonfly is indeed causing back to back crashes (not just a random one)

But but, i said it countless times and all i got was" the race doesn't crash anything! and you can use it as much as you want" we have known this for a long time already as the ult itself is glitchy. People talk on mics all the time if we play crackhouse twice in a row that they will play dragonfly and just fly around to purposely crash it.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-18-2012, 07:14 AM
But but, i said it countless times and all i got was" the race doesn't crash anything! and you can use it as much as you want" we have known this for a long time already as the ult itself is glitchy. People talk on mics all the time if we play crackhouse twice in a row that they will play dragonfly and just fly around to purposely crash it.

then report those people to an admin so they can be banned.

derp.

CYBER
07-18-2012, 10:25 AM

the issue was not as evident as the shit i saw 2 days ago.
sometimes a race crashes the server , sometimes god knows what. we never ask anyone to not play a race unless it is dumb obvious that it is behind the issue.
and im not sure WHO you were talking to, but if u asked ME, i would have given u the standard "as far as <I> know, its not related to the crashes" , because there was never direct correlation...

anyway, what maynard said.
thanks scribbs for clarifying that, I was about to issue a similar request, but thought that shit like that needed clan approval:)

HypeRNT
07-18-2012, 11:59 AM
the issue was not as evident as the shit i saw 2 days ago.
sometimes a race crashes the server , sometimes god knows what. we never ask anyone to not play a race unless it is dumb obvious that it is behind the issue.
and im not sure WHO you were talking to, but if u asked ME, i would have given u the standard "as far as <I> know, its not related to the crashes" , because there was never direct correlation...

anyway, what maynard said.
thanks scribbs for clarifying that, I was about to issue a similar request, but thought that shit like that needed clan approval:)

RLY? never a direct correlation? so a guy who hops on dragon fly and server crashes 1 minute later isnt direct enough? cmon now, there has been plenty of people who were complaining of this for a long time now, this should not be a surprise to any1.

maynard
07-18-2012, 01:32 PM
dude... everyone has their own idea as 2 what crashes the server.... ive prob heard over 100 diff theory's over time.

the only reason I finally said the race is now off limits is cause haxor the guy in question admitted he was crashing the server with it, which is direct proof.

and yes cyber, it did need clan approval, and like I said it only received it cause now the guy in question even admits that yes it does crash the server when you over use fly.

CYBER
07-18-2012, 02:04 PM
RLY? never a direct correlation? so a guy who hops on dragon fly and server crashes 1 minute later isnt direct enough? cmon now, there has been plenty of people who were complaining of this for a long time now, this should not be a surprise to any1.Ive crashed the server myself with the strider flight and vaga whoring a few times, it might not be just dragonfly, or dragonfly alone even. It could be different things... The most crucial one NOW is dragonfly...Anyway, zero i suggest u look at the respawns and ANKHS as well when combined with dragonfly. Since there are times when the server crashed when they werent flying, or when dead. So it could be the same shit we faced in jack, u fly and ur last used weap becomes the knife, so when u land and want to get ur side arm back, then u might be referencing a missing variable or weap id that disappeared...same when u respawn. Zero i noticed that when u buy an ankh when u died with no sidearm, u spawn without one, so there might be the same issue with targetting the sidearm when u hit last weap or smhn... Im just throwing theories out there to help out.

StarsMine
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
RLY? never a direct correlation? so a guy who hops on dragon fly and server crashes 1 minute later isnt direct enough? cmon now, there has been plenty of people who were complaining of this for a long time now, this should not be a surprise to any1.

One thing, correlation is not causation, and that is as indirect correlation can get.
There are FAR to many varibles for that to be the only cause, someone hops on dragonfly and the server crashes a WHOLE minute later, so many thing can happen and compound it.
Im sure if we wanted we can make a nice scatterplot of how long a server crash happens when there is at least one dragonfly play starting from the point the dragon fly joined. And you know what, that scatterplot would not look all that much different then one for vaga or stryder. The server crashes. Its unstable. What we cant have people doing is purposely crashing the server.

Masskid
07-18-2012, 05:26 PM
the only time i find dragonfly crashing the server is when dragonfly and vaga both do something at the same time... but thats just what i see

ZERO
07-27-2012, 04:50 PM
As all the code for this race was lost I am starting a from scratch recode of this race.

ZERO
07-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I am making some big advancements in code efficiency for the new version of this race :wtg:

Erdenay
07-27-2012, 11:16 PM
So just to be clear.... Is it allowed for players to play this race or not?

ZERO
07-28-2012, 10:04 AM
YEs but spamming the fly to try to crash the server will not be allowed. Admins should know the difference.

Erdenay
07-28-2012, 06:33 PM
YEs but spamming the fly to try to crash the server will not be allowed. Admins should know the difference.

Noted. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dj panda
07-28-2012, 11:48 PM
it still crashes even without the spam :/

Assassin
07-29-2012, 01:20 AM
Yeah and with Santa it seems to be happening even more....

ZERO
07-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Yet in the test server we had 8 santa's flying around spamming the button and nothing...

Masskid
07-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Yet in the test server we had 8 santa's flying around spamming the button and nothing...
IKR? it always is the new races fault :( poor poor new race, always gets blamed

ZERO
09-24-2012, 08:59 PM
The weapon menu and flying effects are all that is left to complete the reprogram of dragon fly. Hope to release reprogrammed version this week. Then I will start with undead and I will reprogram them all in order.

ZERO
09-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I just want to point out that the appearence of some effects for this race will change. Some may say they are more like santa which is true b/c both races acutally use basically the same effects with different colors. However, it is important to note that the effects I am "chaning" from what we currently have reflect the ORIGINAL race as was intended. Previously I did not have the technology to recreate all of the effects until I finally got around to making santa.

ZERO
09-25-2012, 03:32 PM
I have finished the fly ability. All that is left is the weapons menu and tweaks. Also note that the "left hand glitch" appears to occur when you use fly. However this is not the normal left hand glitch. IT IS A GRAFIX GLITCH ON THE CLIENT SIDE CAUSED BY CLIENT PERDITION ISSUES. If you click fire you will see you actually have a knife. In the actual left hand glitch a crash can be caused and you can not get out of it.

I have spammed the hell out of it and have not found any problems with crashes or even lag. There is a large number of checks placed on the code to ensure that no bad data will be sent to clients or to the server which could cause a crash.

I recommend people to please test this race so you can see that it does in fact work fine and not crash b/c I know people are going to be freaking out.

ZERO
09-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Dragon Fly from scratch recode is ready for final release test. Please post all issues you find. There are some changes from the current version for both effects and some game play.

This version is a massive optimization and represents the best use practice for all aspects of this race. The optimizations should dramatically improve performance.

I do not actually have the code for the current Dragon Fly as it was lost in a HDD crash a few months ago but here is the best comparison I can make.

Current compiled file size: 35,723 bytes
New compiled file size: 41,252 bytes

Normally you would see me promote a smaller file size and say how that in some way shows how the program has been optimized however the new version also contains over 200 lines of additional code for effects alone and most of those are references to very large blocks of code. In addition some new safeguards for dealing with timers also take up more code and require dramatically more complex methods and thus actually a bit more memory usage. However, these changes dramatically improve stability and ensure that timers are killed properly. In addition the new methods for creating wards dramatically reduces cpu usage when a ward is not in use by 100% by producing NO LOAD WHEN THERE IS NO WARD. Yes the timers for wards in this race and soon others will be created ON DEMAND and KILLED AS NEEDED. NO MORE GLOBAL TIMERS THAT RUN FOREVER! This offers a massive performance and stability improvement.

So please test and post comments below!

CYBER
09-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Zero,
at about 1:15am today eastern central, the server crashed literally 14 times in a row.
first wcs mod crashed where we couldnt change race,
then the server crashed on dust2 about 13 times,
even when i changed the map to aztec, same shit...

were u doing some massing copying of files or smthn to update dragonfly at that time? or is it an unknown problem?
the 1 thing i noticed was that the stable, being unstable, almost always crashed when a santa went into flight. not that it matters, but just saying.

thanks.

ZERO
09-26-2012, 02:08 AM
YEa I almost overwrote some race files around that time but stoped the transfer b/c I had selected the wrong server to move the files to. Perhaps that locked something up.

Erdenay
09-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Will test dragonfly today and leave some input, although I'm sure it will be fine :)

ZERO
09-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Just patched some final bugs and reprogrammed some methods. Also reprogrammed effected methods in santa.

Basically I was going out of control with the public declaration which was pointlessly being added to random methods. I even tossed in some Action: modifiers for no reason as well. This has been cleaned up in both and will be in all future programs. Not using the correct declarations waists system resources.

ZERO
09-26-2012, 02:38 PM

Reprogrammed from scratch
New Effects (effects from original pre OB version added)
Removed time limits on fly and weapon menu
Dramatic performance improvements
Death Sparks target zone is now spherical rather than cylindrical

Blackmage
10-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Sparks, killing the enemy after someone has won, carries over and deals damage next round again.

Wolfenstinger
11-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Was having issues with getting an UMP through the weapons menu. Instead it gets rid of any primary weapon I may have, secondary was fine however. Went through whole weapons menu last night and everything else works fine.

Erdenay
11-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Was having issues with getting an UMP through the weapons menu. Instead it gets rid of any primary weapon I may have, secondary was fine however. Went through whole weapons menu last night and everything else works fine.

Only Wolf :muffy::banghead::icon_mrgreen:

brett friggin favre
11-12-2012, 01:53 PM
hmmm ANY gun in the game i want? UMP!

yes, it deserves to be fucked like that.

ZERO
11-12-2012, 02:26 PM
No worries you get UMP amo, which is about as useful as an actual UMP

AddMenuItem(menu, "ammo_ump45", "UMP45");

Valve makes it clear that this gun is actually ammo: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Weapon_ump45

ammo_ump45 ammo_ump45 is a point entity (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Point_entity) available in Counter-Strike: Source (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Source).

Entity description The K&M UMP45 uses ammo_45acp (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Ammo_45acp) ammunition.

This ammo uses ammo!

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

weapon_ump45 code fix

ZERO
01-09-2013, 12:41 AM

Fixed glitch where death sparks would continue to deal dmg if you changed race after death thus allowing stills to stack and proc on death sparks

Erdenay
01-09-2013, 11:25 AM

While I am glad we got this fixed, I will say last night probably was my most hilarious css experience ever.

ZERO
09-06-2013, 04:35 PM

Patched bug where weapon removal and give code could run on a dead client leading to errors

CYBER
09-06-2013, 10:24 PM

that was fast. thanks.

The credit for this bug discovery goes to wolf, he accidentally saw it happen a long time ago, and has been spending days and hours trying to replicate it, when bored, in order to pass me the info... which he did.

considering how hard it was to recreate a possible exploit from this menu glitch intentionally, i'd like to thank him for the effort he puts in into finding those bugs to make our servers more glitch-free.

Apparently, that exploit and bug's been causing server crashes when accidentally triggered (for me, at least), as well as the "WTF? i lost my guns!!??" glitch
Thanks again wolfy.