PDA

View Full Version : Nominate command in zm broken?

ChrisYoung
08-11-2011, 01:24 AM
how come u cant nominate in ibis zm mod?

NLA
08-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Was about to come in here and complain about that, actually.

HEY
ZERO
IF THE NEW SYSTEM IS SO GREAT, WHY CAN'T I NOMINATE MAPS
SOMETIMES I CAN'T EVEN RTV
WTF MAN
:banghead:

EDIT: Also, broken map votes where the number of votes a map receives doesn't matter, system still says NO MAJORITY REACHED, and then it throws up a random vote or something from the options. Super lame, super broken.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Was about to come in here and complain about that, actually.

HEY
ZERO
IF THE NEW SYSTEM IS SO GREAT, WHY CAN'T I NOMINATE MAPS
SOMETIMES I CAN'T EVEN RTV
WTF MAN
:banghead:

EDIT: Also, broken map votes where the number of votes a map receives doesn't matter, system still says NO MAJORITY REACHED, and then it throws up a random vote or something from the options. Super lame, super broken.

well, the votes require an actual majority, not just a map getting the most votes. if the results are 8, 7, and 4, the map getting 8 isn't going to win, since it didn't get a majority. so, it makes a new vote with the two/three highest maps. if no majority is reached AGAIN, then it'll make a random

B1ackOut
08-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Yea when i was on earlier, i also tried to nominate a map, however the message "can't nominate map till next round" came up. Also can we switch the majority to around 75%. I have seen almost unanimous votes have to be voted again. Although it doesnt matter as all you have to do is press 1 more button, it can be annoying in dire situations when you cant spare any attention to something else.

NLA
08-12-2011, 11:46 AM
well, the votes require an actual majority, not just a map getting the most votes. if the results are 8, 7, and 4, the map getting 8 isn't going to win, since it didn't get a majority. so, it makes a new vote with the two/three highest maps. if no majority is reached AGAIN, then it'll make a random

I mean, I understand that overall a map that had 17 votes to 2 votes to 3 votes maybe in some mathematical way didn't receive a majority of the votes, but why would we go with a mathematical definition anyway? The vote system would make more sense if the revote occurred if there was a tie, or if map votes were within 1 vote of each other, but when you see stuff like maps with 17 votes to 2 to 3 require a revote because of no majority, the system is pretty broken.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2011, 12:32 PM
I mean, I understand that overall a map that had 17 votes to 2 votes to 3 votes maybe in some mathematical way didn't receive a majority of the votes, but why would we go with a mathematical definition anyway? The vote system would make more sense if the revote occurred if there was a tie, or if map votes were within 1 vote of each other, but when you see stuff like maps with 17 votes to 2 to 3 require a revote because of no majority, the system is pretty broken.

ahhh, yeah that's a problem. i've never seen it like that though.

and requiring a majority is the best way to do it, since it keeps people from bitching. actually, the best way would be requiring one more than the number to rtv off of the next map.

NLA
08-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Sigh, is there some explanation for why when you RTV or nominate that you'll get a message along the lines of "[UMC] Cannot RTV until the next map" or "[UMC] Cannot nominate until the next map"? :headache: