PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Disflux
08-12-2011, 02:57 PM
New CS? Interesting.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1187598p1.html

B1ackOut
08-12-2011, 03:04 PM
FUUCCKK, i really hope valve doesnt pull an activison with this and give pc matchmaking. oh and i pray to god they keep grenade launchers out of it aswell

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2011, 03:11 PM
isn't hidden path the ones who fucked over css?

also, why is this shit happening? companies shoving their premier franchises off to piece of shit groups, who simply butcher the game. like diablo 3 and activision. D3 is going to have online item shops (fuck that shit, using what you found was part of the point) AND no offline gameplay mode.

Disflux
08-12-2011, 03:24 PM
isn't hidden path the ones who fucked over css?

also, why is this shit happening? companies shoving their premier franchises off to piece of shit groups, who simply butcher the game. like diablo 3 and activision. D3 is going to have online item shops (fuck that shit, using what you found was part of the point) AND no offline gameplay mode.

I figured D3 was going to make the game online only. It's meant to prevent people from sharing copies, which is the reason why it's taken so long for Diablo 3 to come out. Blizzard was trying to figure out a way to keep people buying their game and a way for them to make money after people have bought the game as well. They're taking a % cut from each item that is sold for RL money, just like Ebay does. And the online requirement prevents people from copying their discs and forming cd-key generators. Yea, it's going to suck, but it doesn't mean D3 won't be an epic game ;). Also, I think that CSGO is going to be a way for Valve to bridge PC and consoles, like they did with Portal 2 between PC and PS3. I wouldn't doubt if we start seeing cross-compatibility servers with this new one.

However, I don't see why they're releasing a new CS when they haven't even released HL2 Ep. 3 OR Half-Life 3. If I remember correctly, they're only created a new CS or Team Fortress when they've made a new graphics engine for half-life. I'm wondering if this new CS is going to be utilizing a possible HL3 engine.

Darkphoenix
08-12-2011, 04:09 PM
i saw this on joystiq and i notices one of the CT's was carrying rocket launcher, so i can see there being rocket whores. Personally i dont think this will live up to CSS or the other CS games

B1ackOut
08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
I really dont want console-pc compatibility, we have a hard enough time keeping little kids to stfu, and consoles are swarming with kids, that also means no dedicated servers as it was mentioned in the article and if something is going to have it, its going to be consoles. New weapons are completely unnecessary imo as it could greatly change the way the game is played, and can ruin the balance of the game.
All they need to do, if anything, is update graphics, fix the major issues, and not fuck it up. Thats it. There is a reason so many people play it, is because it is a balanced, team based game, which is nothing like any other major game.

Steamer
08-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Sigh.... Will try.

StarsMine
08-12-2011, 05:09 PM
I really dont want console-pc compatibility, we have a hard enough time keeping little kids to stfu, and consoles are swarming with kids, that also means no dedicated servers as it was mentioned in the article and if something is going to have it, its going to be consoles. New weapons are completely unnecessary imo as it could greatly change the way the game is played, and can ruin the balance of the game.
All they need to do, if anything, is update graphics, fix the major issues, and not fuck it up. Thats it. There is a reason so many people play it, is because it is a balanced, team based game, which is nothing like any other major game.

I highly doubt they will have console players and pc players go against each other, microsoft has done it before and due to the limitations of the controller... It was a massacre. It just does not work. Though I am fairly sure the ps3 has M/K support, just no one bothers to use it.

Spasm
08-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Counter Strike of Duty here we COME

maynard
08-12-2011, 07:19 PM

.............:mini triste:

Steamer
08-12-2011, 07:44 PM

Lol... Quite true.

This will make me sad if it is forced like the last one. Very.. very.. sad.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2011, 08:18 PM
i got the feeling this piece of shit was a seperate game, and NOT another "fuck all the loyal customers who we used to love" update

ZERO
08-12-2011, 08:27 PM
It is another game, however this looks like they are trying to make cs like tf2, which should fail miserably. Do not forget there was also cs:cz which was basically an updated version of cs. I do not see this being much more successful. If there is a matchmaking thing it is clearly trying to be like tf2, valve wants to reduce the ability of individual communities to stand out or for small start up servers to grow. Many of the updates in the last few years have gone very far to ensuring that it is as hard as possible to start new servers and or communities and make them financially viable. Valve already runs its own tf2 servers, therefore we can see this as a move to try to push out independent server owners over time. I mean they can make more money off a crappy game selling hats vs a good game that people only buy once.

ZERO
08-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Molotov grenade: creates area of fire that slows players crossing through it
Decoy grenade: emits fake weapon firing sounds to confuse enemies about your position
Bullets penetrate some walls and objects like CS 1.6
Many changes to weapons, as well as new weapons

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2011, 08:55 PM
I mean they can make more money off a crappy game selling hats vs a good game that people only buy once.

uhh, point of order, tf2 is far from a crappy game. it's a great game, but uts just there are a bunch of useless stuff in it now.

ZERO
08-13-2011, 01:04 AM
I was referring to selling hats in a crappy free to play version of cs vs what we have now...

anex
08-13-2011, 01:55 AM
I was referring to selling hats in a crappy free to play version of cs vs what we have now...

Someone already has uploaded a leaked screen shot. Sorry to inform you Zero... that there will be hats in the Global Offensive...

http://i.imgur.com/PMAqD.jpg

mcilwain
08-13-2011, 05:05 AM
They need to fucking release Episode 3 first, before they release another its been a long time! :banghead:

Also the fact that portal 2 probably has a new engine, or still source but advanced by be the engine for CS:GO

Curdy
08-13-2011, 09:09 AM
They need to fucking release Episode 3 first, before they release another its been a long time! :banghead:

Also the fact that portal 2 probably has a new engine, or still source but advanced by be the engine for CS:GO

i think they scrapped episode 3 and are building a new engine or heavily updating it for a new much longer experience

B1ackOut
08-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Can we not have one original, community based game in this goddamn world. But at least when CS:GO fails we still will have CSS....................FUCK STUPID HATS!!

ZERO
08-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Someone already has uploaded a leaked screen shot. Sorry to inform you Zero... that there will be hats in the Global Offensive...

http://i.imgur.com/PMAqD.jpg

That is actually cs with the hat mod.

anex
08-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Oh, my mistake.

ZERO
08-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Here is some more info:

With all the excitement about the release of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, it'd be easy to forget that there's still existing versions of the game being developed.It seems that the meeting in Seattle will not just be about this new iteration of Counter-Strike but will also feature a meeting about CS:S, supposedly later today.

While it isn't clear what the content of the meeting will be it's clear that Valve will be discussing the future of CS:S with the assembled players. Whether this is to reveal that it will be phased out, handed over entirely to Hidden Path, or completely overhauled it isn't clear.

We should know later exactly what has been said and you'll be able to read the thoughts of the players here on Cadred after the meeting has taken place.

Marek ".PhP" Kadek is one of the players in seattle. This is what he wrote on Playzone.cz :
- this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus"
- at the moment, the game looks more like HL2DM
- There is no recoil and there will never be. (because of the consoles)
- the game runs on L4D2 engine
- SourceTV is NOT a priority
- they are working on match making system
- new money system
- no kevlar (this should be fixed in the future)
- maps are simplyfied for XBOX style, less ways, most fights are close range
- Hidden Path (Valve only finances the game) is trying to make all weapons balanced

Here is a link to an alpha review: http://www.eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9969

Another new item is the decoy grenade. Decoy grenades can be thrown to emit gun sounds and "and give the illusion of there being a player." The decoy currently produces an AK/Glock noise when thrown by Terrorists and a M4/USP noise when thrown by Counter Terrorists. The pro players suggested that the decoys should instead produce gun sounds of a weapon held by your team, which was a well received suggestion, according to Torbull.

He said that, if done right, these new items have the potential to change the way traditional competitive Counter-Strike maps are played.

Other changes that Torbull mentioned were how CS: GO is experimenting with automatically equipping a random member of the Counter Terrorist team with a defuse kit at the beginning of each round in order to make the kit a special item like the Terrorist's bomb. They're also testing giving everyone armor and full Kevlar each round.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-14-2011, 11:06 AM
the only thing i read was "this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus""

i am happy now

StarsMine
08-14-2011, 01:37 PM
no recoil? da fuck

maynard
08-14-2011, 05:13 PM
the only thing i read was "this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus""

i am happy now

^this

Nemesis
08-14-2011, 11:26 PM
so what, this is intended to branch CS into consoles? but not really change anything for us?

Masskid
08-20-2011, 10:22 AM
"this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus""

ya, a bonus to your pockets >.>

maynard
08-26-2011, 01:33 AM
MP5D2N6pKKg&feature=feedu

ZERO
08-26-2011, 07:58 PM
cross-platform multiplayer between PC, Mac and PlayStation 3, Valve has confirmed.
PlayStation Move and mouse and keyboard support for PlayStation 3 users.
trying to integrate Steamworks into the Xbox 360 version, but had struggled to convince Microsoft.
ranked matchmaking

brett friggin favre
08-26-2011, 08:34 PM
things i like:
cross-platform!
updated graphics
(minor) map changes (change is good for a game so old)
looks to have a more solid feel firing weapons

things i don't like
don't really wanna have to pay for it when it's basically just a remake
matchmaking system. i just hope they keep the good ol' system in too
while running, the gun movements don't seem...good. CoD is way ahead of cs on this
the grenade looks silly

edit: side note, since PC is far superior to consoles for shooters...i have a feeling theres gonna be servers with tags like CONSOLES ONLY and using a pc will be considered like hacking.

ZERO
05-26-2012, 03:46 PM
I feel the grafix changes are not worth paying for a new game not really much different than what we already got. Most of the changes are just different sprites and animations.

Weapon models feel like toys.

Corsshair changes too much makes it worthless.

Game would almost be better with no corsshair at this point. I find not using the chrosshair leads to more kills. Trying to use it to determine where your shots go is pointless so why have it.

I see how trying to make it more realistic would sound nice but it is a game and reality is not very fun.

As a result the game now is dramatically more favored toward campers. If you like camping you will be really good at this game.

A lot of the "fun" kills and things people have enjoyed doing in css or even cs will no longer occur and will actually be virtually impossible due to the way gameplay is structured.

cs and css were more movement oriented. This game is dramatically different and it is more about shot spacing and box spray patterns. This is dramatically more realistic but is it more fun? On the plus side this means all real life aiming and shooting rules not apply and are very effective. This is also why the crosshair is pointless as it does not really indicate anything. Good players already have a sense for where the general center of the screen is. You simply need to make the player you want to kill be in that general area and then hold fire down for a second or so while drawing a box around the players center of mass. Just as in real life this leads to very effective kills and the recoil and natural inaccuracies of your weapon will trigger hs by doing this depending on the kick back. Once again very realistic but I did not really have a lot of fun.

Could I pwn noobs at this game, yes. Would it be as much fun as it is now, no.

I just do not see the point why even call it CS the game is now dramatically different. CS never was nor should be a realistic shooter. It is the king of fps not for realism but for fun and those are not the same thing. Realistic shooters were a fad and people liked it more b/c it was a break from the classic fps style. However trying to make every game like that is not the answer.

For this I would say to look at other games like NS2 and the newly released Tribes Assend. Now I have a lot of problems with Tribes but the actual gameplay is not one of them and the reason is not because it is realistic it is becuase it is fun and challenging and the pacing of the game. NS2 is similar in that the game is fun becuase of the pacing of action and how you could be attacked at any time from any direction. Realism in these two games would take the fun out and cause players to focus on how real it is rather than the fun experience. I am afraid that valve is losing the point of what a game is supposed to be by trying to hard to cater to the general console fad of the decade crowd.

brett friggin favre
06-02-2012, 08:27 AM
just got my beta invite, fuck you steam -.- anyway if someone wants me to gift it to them, just let me know.

XX0wnsXY
06-02-2012, 08:46 AM
just got my beta invite, fuck you steam -.- anyway if someone wants me to gift it to them, just let me know.

me me!

Jackie Marlow
06-02-2012, 01:48 PM

mamamamamemememmrmgtmt

maynard
06-02-2012, 03:06 PM
owns, quit giving me reasons 2 hate you.

you can also tear up my birthday invite... no bouncy castle or cake for j00!

XX0wnsXY
06-04-2012, 11:21 PM
owns, quit giving me reasons 2 hate you.

you can also tear up my birthday invite... no bouncy castle or cake for j00!

Haters gonna hate.

maynard
06-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Haters gonna hate.

hey if you were actually going 2 play the damn game, I wouldn't care.

also doesn't help you already have access 2 the damn game via sins beta invite.

XX0wnsXY
06-04-2012, 11:29 PM
hey if you were actually going 2 play the damn game, I wouldn't care.

also doesn't help you already have access 2 the damn game via sins beta invite.

Lol but i dont play on his computer..i wanted it because we like to play together! Youuuuuuuuu be nice and stop being jelly

maynard
06-04-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm not jelly, I just think flushing it down the toilet would have been far more productive.

maybe a sewer person would find it and someone would actually be using it. and yes, there are sewer people.

XX0wnsXY
06-04-2012, 11:35 PM
you yourself even said sin has no interest in playing CS since D3 came out...

I'm not jelly, I just think flushing it down the toilet would have been far more productive.

Yeah....and? I still wanted a key...and i got it..ill play it when i get bored of dying in inferno..

StarsMine
06-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Im in the beta, havnt played it yet.
I have a key, but im not giving it to maynard just to troll him :D

maynard
06-05-2012, 01:31 AM
the fuck is with people having keys and not playing! damn you all 2 hell!

:D

.... SHUT UP!:smirk:\

the sad part is I know it's gonna suck! but I want 2 know how bad it will suck lol.... being someone whose been playing and following this game since 1999... I can't help but be uber curious!

Sin
06-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Honestly I played a lot of the beta so far, and at this point in time in the beta it's just not good for me to continue playing until they iron out all of the recoil issues the game was having. They were getting close around the time I stopped playing, and the game was starting to feel more like 1.6, but I just couldn't deal with my precious AK being mistreated that way.

Last I was up to speed on the game, they had gotten a few really good sources from 1.6, as well as the dude from zblock and a bunch of professional Source players on their "dev forums" to help out with the FEEL of the game.

I'm really glad though, that the devs will NOT be launching the game until it is finished and not utterly broken. They fixed the "sliding" and jumping issues the game had earlier in the beta so they have made a lot of progress... by sliding I mean, the way the game played back in the Fall, you would strafe and then stop to shoot, but you'd keep sliding a couple feet. It was terrible for shooting accurately, forget AWPing it was nigh impossible unless you stood still like a nerd.

PS: Did you fill out the survey for the beta, Maynard? Everyone I know who's filled that out has gotten a key within a couple of weeks.

Also, I wouldn't trash the game in its current state, as every few days to a week they update the shit out of it and it changes drastically. Example: there were SERIOUS fog issues on de_train (you couldn't see T's in spawn from Ivy, and inner was impossible to see anything at all), a week later after constant bitching on the forums and in-game feedback, they took the fog out almost completely. So come back to the game every couple of weeks and see how different it is. That's what I try to do.

EDIT: And I have no interest in playing CS:S, it's gotten stale for me lately. GO is a different storyyyy!

StarsMine
06-05-2012, 12:07 PM
That sliding sound like its pulled right from 1.6 the way you describe it. one reason I dont care for 1.6

Sin
06-05-2012, 01:23 PM
1.6 never had "sliding" issues in it?

maynard
06-05-2012, 03:22 PM
PS: Did you fill out the survey for the beta, Maynard? Everyone I know who's filled that out has gotten a key within a couple of weeks.

Also, I wouldn't trash the game in its current state, as every few days to a week they update the shit out of it and it changes drastically. Example: there were SERIOUS fog issues on de_train (you couldn't see T's in spawn from Ivy, and inner was impossible to see anything at all), a week later after constant bitching on the forums and in-game feedback, they took the fog out almost completely. So come back to the game every couple of weeks and see how different it is. That's what I try to do.

EDIT: And I have no interest in playing CS:S, it's gotten stale for me lately. GO is a different storyyyy!

I honestly don't remember if I did the survey or not... seems like I would, as I try and get into any beta I can 2 get a feel for a game before launch so I know if I want 2 drop money on it or not. can you apply for it still?

also, maybe the game wont totally blow... but when I said I figure it's going 2 suck, that's just in the sense of comparing it 2 CSS.

I just don't see GO popping off like 1.6 and CSS did. I mainly want 2 try the game out and see how they set up the recoil, cause I hear people bitch about the recoil more than anything.