PDA

View Full Version : Clarity, and Ideas for the Gungame

Rezel
08-14-2011, 07:52 PM
As I have been told by a lot of people that they would like some clarity on the gun game rules. I have created this post so that we can gather some ideas to better the experience.

That being said, I am not a major knowledge booth of gun game itself as I may hop on it occasionally. As i surmise this server may have the same issue as the zombie mod did, people are creating rules which do not exist, and bending those
which are kind of a floating list inside the brains of everyone. As such having a hard copy version of it on the forums so that admins can follow it accordingly.

If you start flaming other people or generally getting off the subject, your post will be removed and you will be forced to re post it. This is a topic for ideas not to bash each other or stray....

[Edit]

I have compiled a few ideas for a set of rules, though the are a basic idea we can change any and all of them if they sound wrong.note, these are not OFFICIAL RULES, there purpose is to be a draft so we can form some official rules down.

Updated!

Gun game Rules Version .01
Social

harassing admins (bannable)
Mic spamming includes everyone..
Slaying

Camping

Constantly camping the same spot every round - -Modified this rule so that it was more specific to constantly camping the same spot
Camping vents
Camping Spawn

Exploiting:

Rejoining the server while being connected to get past a particular weapon or to re spawn yourself modified to include rejoining the game quickly so that you can revive yourself.
Exploiting the knife system so that the Terrorist player gets slayed.
Accepting knife fight in a crouch spot so the other player gets bugged into the wall

Restricted Admin usage Note to players: Admins abusing their rights should be reported in the forums immediately with a demo. Admins are here for the people on the server, not for themselves. If you believe an admin is abusing his powers, please report that individual here so that individual can be held accountable.

Using admin commands to gain an unfair advantage in rank
Disrespecting other admins (severe)

Steamer
08-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Camping - Strategic vs Wasting everyones time.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------
Per Autumn.

Autumn | ibis.a: I'd like the option to punish either removed or against the rules to punish for nade round.

Rosie
08-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Camping - Strategic vs Wasting everyones time.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------
Per Autumn.

Autumn | ibis.a: I'd like the option to punish either removed or against the rules to punish for nade round.

I agree the camping idea/rule is something that would be best served by putting it in the rules. IE- time limit-Scope vs no scope. As Autumn said the nade round punishment is not needed, since it has no bearing on the game itself. There should be a rule about running away during a knife fight as well. The T's loose levels when they die if time expires and I have seen people run on porpuse to let that happen.

Slightly off topic but, I would like to see the prior post about the floating bodies addressed.

Steamer
08-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Floating bodies made me fail today... even worse then normal.

Darkphoenix
08-14-2011, 11:45 PM
i agree with steamer its fine if they do the decintigrate thing, just don't let them float

Nemesis
08-15-2011, 12:18 AM
any way to do something with the draw animation when you level up? it seems like nothing but in that second it takes to draw the gun when you lvl up and you're shooting a group, it can really screw you.

Link
08-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Strictly speaking, there is absolutely no rule that I've ever seen that forbids TK punishment, intentional or accidental, after the warmup round or whatever. As far as I'm concerned, that's fine. People TK other players, the menu comes up and they've given permission to their teammate to do whatever they want with that menu.

Does it suck to get slayed for an unintentional tk? absolutely. does it suck to get slayed for start-of-the-map nade round? Yes. But remember that you are not required to kill your teammates, or shoot at them. That is your choice. When you kill them, you have indicated that you accept whatever consequences come from your teamkill. accidental or otherwise. imo anyway.

if someone doesn't like getting punished for a teamkill, the solution is extremely obvious: don't teamkill. period. and you won't have to worry facing a tk menu. This includes and especially applies to warm up round with grenades.

I agree about the floating bodies. it sucks, please to have it removed.

Regarding camping: Yes, there is strategy behind it, SOMETIMES, but it is when it becomes excessive (I believe that's best left to admin discretion) is when it's against the rules. Camping once, or twice, is NOT against the rules. The server rule explicitly states "excessive camping". After twice or so, I'd say a warning is deserved. If, after at LEAST two separate instances of camping, with warnings thrown in there, further action may be appropriate. If someone is on deagle and camps a particular spot, it isn't against the rules until they do so consistently, and excessively, and have been warned to cease and desist after several times.

I acknowledge, that to a degree, some rules have been applied in a more discretionary manner, at least in my experience. With regards to warm up round slaying, and after round slaying, in the past I have slayed for that, in an effort to discourage. However, since then, I've backed off from that approach because it's genuinely not against any rule to slay or otherwise punish for warmup or after round tks.

With regards to causing knife fights to draw out by running away, or causing the opponent to get slayed, is a big red flag for me. I won't stand for it. It's a knife fight for a reason. Not a run-away-so-the-T-gets-slayed fight. I think a rule regarding that should be drawn up and applied. Call it an exploit of the server. Why? Because they are exploiting the mechanics of the game for their own advantage (ie a T on nade level in a knife fight gets slayed because the CT ran around until time was gone and the T got slayed from nade level).

Additionally, it's been a big pet peeve of mine when players, and admins, exploit the gungame handicap to gain levels. I agree that there should be a handicap, but when someone leaves and reconnects to gain levels because they weren't doing good, is a gross abuse of that mechanic. Is there, perhaps, a way that when players leave and rejoin the server on the same map, that it can put them back on the level they were when they left? This function would still permit late joiners to benefit from the handicap, but prevent those who have already played in the same map to rejoin and jump in levels. Could this be looked into? Thanks.

Other rules of sorts that I've witnessed or enforced at one time or another..well, there was a player who took the name 'Jared Loughner', and I take names of that sort to be inherently disrespectful not only to others, but to myself especially. The very idea of glorifying a person like that, even in a game like Counter Strike, strikes a level of admin disrespect that I refuse to tolerate in good community such as this. Am I wrong? I don't know. I just wouldn't put up for things like that. :P Call it a gray area that I am pleased is up to my discretion to handle.

If i think of anything else, i will post it.

Rezel
08-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Link, I believe you have a very good point with your statement, there seems to be quite a bit of discrepancy with the exploits that are being used, and how admins are handling these abuses.

There is a good bit of ideas incoming to this topic, keep them coming; Just remember this is a topic is more pointed towards getting a list of rules on the forums to better the experience for the server.

Andrew_Pavlik
08-15-2011, 04:16 PM
I agree with a lot link has said, if you TK during nade or after round, your taking a risk, so I just only TK people I know that won't slay me. As for the nade round, sometimes its harder because you are just throwing grenades at will and blindly but with that said, just go to the other time and knife them.

Also camping isn't against the rules unless it's excessive, I think this is something that a select group of admins just need to learn to live with.(unless we decide on a new rule).

Of course other rules that need to be said, no leaving and re-joining to gain levels that might be the only GG related rule I think of that isn't a blanket rule for all the servers.

Steamer
08-15-2011, 05:04 PM
What you forget is people intentionally run into a group of nades trying to get a knife off the other team during warm up and there is no way to avoid it.

How about this... Make it simple... Starting today I will ignore warm up round and do nothing. It's worthless and does not warm you up for shit besides getting a TK punishment. Punishment should be removed on warm up all together.:smirk:

CT runs from a knife fight to get T slayed, slay CT, Even.. Done. No if this could be worked in auto without an admin slaying, that would be even better.

As far as camping... I don't regard it as excessive unless it is wasting peoples time. I will continue to camp as strategically as I can without wasting other players time, be it the same spot or not. It isn't my fault "you" can't kill me when I'm in the same spot ever time (even without wasting time), that's "your" stupidity and lack of skill.

The leaving / level function pertaining to keeping same level in map I have seen in other servers, while allowing newcomers to be handicapped. Great Idea Link.
(I will not lie, I have left server before to be handicapped. Yet I knew I wouldn't win nor was trying to, sometimes the scout or awp gets really fucking boring. lol)

Twisting other players name's to disrespect them is enforceable with punishment. Using a racist or offending name (or being racist without directing it towards another) no matter your personal opinion is NOT enforceable and is allowed, you should do nothing about it and if you do you therefore have abused your administrative powers. This is no grey area, as said many times over by Zero himself. This is not up to your discretion. As goes for ALL IBIS servers. This is no rule that needs to be added to GG, there is one in place universally. No flame intended, just stating fact.

Rezel
08-15-2011, 05:16 PM
I have compiled a List of ideas for rules - I will add to the top post as ideas start popping up to see if we can get a working draft!

Link
08-15-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't want to get too off topic, so I'll just reply with a tiny bit to Steamer.

Regarding that player in question, I asked a few other admins what they thought and I became convinced that asking him to change his name wasn't unreasonable. After that, he became hostile and went on a team attacking spree, as his namesake. But you have a point nonetheless. :P I must be on drugs because I don't picture myself saying that..xD

Back to topic. haha.

like i said the main things I've seen disregarded are the handicap exploit, and the punishing for camping. it's a work in progress heh

Rezel
08-16-2011, 01:34 AM
What you forget is people intentionally run into a group of nades trying to get a knife off the other team during warm up and there is no way to avoid it.

OK, then we will have to either do what I said below, or add more detail to clarify.

How about this... Make it simple... Starting today I will ignore warm up round and do nothing. It's worthless and does not warm you up for shit besides getting a TK punishment. Punishment should be removed on warm up all together.

So your basically saying that we should remove the warmup round because it does nothing?

CT runs from a knife fight to get T slayed, slay CT, Even.. Done. No if this could be worked in auto without an admin slaying, that would be even better.

hmm not having it as a rule, and just having it implemented through a script would work fine, but the issue is its another mod for the server to handle.

The leaving / level function pertaining to keeping same level in map I have seen in other servers, while allowing newcomers to be handicapped. Great Idea Link.
(I will not lie, I have left server before to be handicapped. Yet I knew I wouldn't win nor was trying to, sometimes the scout or awp gets really fucking boring. lol)

I can understand where you are coming from on the guns getting boring but it kind of ruins the point if you can just skip over the guns you are having the hard time with. This would not remove the handicap whatsoever, but it would stop players who have already been playing from rejoining and gaining a new gun to skip something they were having a hard time with.

Twisting other players name's to disrespect them is enforceable with punishment. Using a racist or offending name (or being racist without directing it towards another) no matter your personal opinion is NOT enforceable and is allowed, you should do nothing about it and if you do you therefore have abused your administrative powers. This is no grey area, as said many times over by Zero himself. This is not up to your discretion. As goes for ALL IBIS servers. This is no rule thaneeds to be added to GG, there is one in place universally. No flame intended, just stating fact.

Then we will have to go into more detail involving that particular rule so that it clearly states everything.

Nemesis
08-16-2011, 02:25 AM
you guys are missing the point of the warm up round. it's there to give everyone a chance to connect to the server before the game starts so you dont have the first round with 3 people and have 20 watching.

Rezel
08-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I know nemesis; thats why I added it as a rule to go against slaying team killing, but I think we might have to go into more details to clarify as I said.

slipstream
08-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Camping - Just get the fuck out of spawn if you plan on camping, the map was not made for people to sit in spawn and wait, use the map. Also, when there is only one person left on one team, and more than one on the other team, the one person should camp, but when I see the other team camping against one person, they should all be slayed for being stupid.

Rejoining - On top of what was said about rejoining the server to bypass guns, the other day some guy was rejoining the server after dying in the first few seconds of the game, and by doing this he rejoined alive. Plus he was on nade level, so he kept rushing in with his first nade, dying right away, rejoins and is alive once again with another nade. I am tired right now and I don't remember his name, but he does have 26-28 wins.

Warm-up Round - Throw a nade if you want, no one is forcing you to throw it.

Mic Spam - HLDJ and HLSS and w/e other sound programs are being used, just disable the option to use them on the server. People are just annoying with the programs, playing 10sec of a song, or constantly spamming the same sounds. If people are yelling and being stupid on the mic that's different, admins can mute, but a votemute option would still be nice.

BladeTwinSwords
08-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Steamer there is such a definition about non-directed racism. If I see someone spouting the n word like every other word, then I'm more than likely going to mute them.

Rezel
08-16-2011, 02:11 PM
I agree with the mic spamming, though these rules should put quite a stop to a lot of it.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-16-2011, 02:19 PM
the rules for music is not to be excessive, and to stop when asked. i know i generally follow this, and most other people do. however, if you want them to stop, i would suggest not being an ass-tard about it. i will not stop if the only person objecting starts out by saying stuff like "SHUT YOUR ###### ASS #### UP YOU STUPID LITTLE ########"

:shrug: basically, don't be a douche about requesting it to stop. if it's really bothering you, then go right ahead but remain respectful. you also know you can mute people through playerlist, right?

edit:

Steamer there is such a definition about non-directed racism. If I see someone spouting the n word like every other word, then I'm more than likely going to mute them.

that's called griefing/spamming. hence, against the rules

devour
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
tking for warmup round is part of strategy as well when it comes to gungame. i dont condone holding a tk for a whole map, but a tk for an inadvertent nade the following round is part of the game, right? i don't see why it should be made into a new rule, not to tk for warmup round.

just dont throw nades and go for knife kills. if you tk with a knife, well that deserves a tk even more.

jus sayin

Nemesis
08-16-2011, 04:22 PM
tking for warmup round is part of strategy as well when it comes to gungame. i dont condone holding a tk for a whole map, but a tk for an inadvertent nade the following round is part of the game, right? i don't see why it should be made into a new rule, not to tk for warmup round.

just dont throw nades and go for knife kills. if you tk with a knife, well that deserves a tk even more.

jus sayin
no, it's being a douchebag.

Link
08-16-2011, 04:35 PM
just in case my own position on the tk menu wasn't stated already, I believe that having a tk menu for warmup round TKs is fine. you aren't forced to throw nades and kill teammates. by doing so you risk the punishment. accept the consequences.

i don't think a rule against slaying for warmup round or slaying for after round or any other unintended TK is needed or necessary. there's an easy solution i already mentioned that works fine without needing to implement an unnecessary rule.

Rosie
08-16-2011, 10:41 PM
How about making the warm up round knife only? Not only does it get rid of the TK issue for the most part, it also gives people a chance to practice there knife fighting.

Rezel
08-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Certainly an interesting idea, no matter what you do you cant punish people for throwing grenades and team killing other teammates, a lot of stuff can happen; A few examples of this would be your teammate running into the grenade, bouncing off a wall, and may other things. It would just be illogical to punish for not knowing whats going to happen.

devour
08-18-2011, 07:40 AM
when a grenade is thrown towards the enemy where your teammates already are (radar), it's illogical NOT to slay them if they kill you too.

it isn't an obligation to throw a nade in the warmup round. as i mentioned in my previous post, getting rid of the nade in the warmup round would be more beneficial and easier to edit in the config than altering the tk menu.

slipstream
08-21-2011, 05:36 AM
I wouldn't mind if nextmap was fixed. Just saying.

Joker
08-22-2011, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't mind if nextmap was fixed. Just saying.

see now I like this idea, but everyone would cry and moan about the fucking map and beg an admin to change it or w/e

Xerenix
08-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Here is a idea to fix the warmup nade tking. Remove the nades and make it a knife only warmup round.

pwnage
08-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Here is a idea to fix the warmup nade tking. Remove the nades and make it a knife only warmup round.

Agreed. I am in gg a lot and people just spam throwing nades and don't really give a shit about who it hits and where it'll go. If you get TK'd on nade round OR after round (imo), unless it's someone is being a troll and targeting someone or his team for TK's just for the enjoyment of pissing someone off, I do not believe that you should slay next round.

Rezel
08-23-2011, 10:55 AM
I actually agree with removing them totally, Why write rules to regulate when we can just totally remove the entire issue.

When I get a bit of time I will write up some new rules, Unfortunately along with school and the incoming hurricane I might be busy for the next few days. Hopefully next week I will have a updated draft so that we can further progress on these rules.