PDA

View Full Version : Mic Spam

slipstream
08-16-2011, 11:38 AM
This is becoming a problem. There are quite a few people that play music and yell on the mic already, but there has been an increasing number of new people joining lately and they spam as well. As I write this, there are 2 retards on right now spamming, yelling and screaming into the mic at each other, and no admin in sight.

I would really like all hldj/hlss spam to be done away with by not allowing the programs to be used on the server. That will fix at least 50% of the spam problem. Also, since I don't want to buy admin, and there is more than enough admins already anyway, is there another way to slow down mic usage, maybe put a time limit of at least 3-5 seconds after using it before you can use it again. Works for text, I hope it works for the mic too.

It is just getting really annoying that these spammers appear when there are no admins, but its every day that there is spam, it is out of hand.

Xerenix
08-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Just add me on Steam friends then msg me when someone is mic spamming. Even if i'm just Online, i'm usualy around the computer.

I'm getting fairly sick of them too.

dievas
08-17-2011, 05:24 AM
As one of the people doing this, I have to say that there is a plugin that can be installed that disables voice-loopback, the method used by HLDJ/HLSS to play sound clips.

As a matter of fact, this can be prevented by changing the server setting "sv_allow_voice_from_file" to 0.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-17-2011, 07:23 AM
As one of the people doing this, I have to say that there is a plugin that can be installed that disables voice-loopback, the method used by HLDJ/HLSS to play sound clips.

As a matter of fact, this can be prevented by changing the server setting "sv_allow_voice_from_file" to 0.

...why are you unmuted? who the fuck keeps unmuting you?