PDA

View Full Version : [Remove] zm_little_town

BladeTwinSwords
08-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Map Name: zm_little_town
Reason: There is a massive exploit where you can fall off of the map and never get tagged. There is also a cheap spot that is impossible to break.

Osage
08-21-2011, 11:50 PM
there are a few spots that are impossible/nearly impossible to break, and the exploit really isnt a huge deal, there are a few maps with similar issues to that. as a rank whore, i say keep it, although i do think it needs to be configured slightly. i don't know much about map design, but i know it needs to be fixed, as the textures are broken in certain spots (i.e. the road), and in some places the fps is sigificantly reduced.

pwnage
08-22-2011, 07:07 PM
someone should fix the map, then update the current one with the new one. Hell if I knew what program let me edit maps I would do it myself, lol

Sephiroth
09-01-2011, 03:20 PM
I hate the map since everytime I log on the server is always on Little Town. It's SO overplayed and it's picked constantly by certain Admins.

Evil
09-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Its a good map, for humans.

Sephiroth
09-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Its a good map, for humans.

Exactly, it's the biggest rankwhore map on the server. Atleast in my opinion. Once the CT's cade the Zoms are screwed. I don't feel like sitting there for five minutes staring at a cade I have no way to get thru. I mean not every cade is like that but 90% of my experiences on that map are always the same.

slipstream
09-01-2011, 06:59 PM
The lag issue, I don't know if its just me, but in spec, there is an exact replica of the town and you can see everyone moving around, it is like a projection, and that is where the lag comes from.

This map either needs removal or fixing. The fixes are really simple too, just remove props. A lot of those stupid small rooms have 2 vending machines in them, so once you knock them over, there is no longer any room to push them. And the hallways are too tight to pull them out even if they did fit through the doorways. So instead of 2 props, fix each room to have only 1, and that includes that long narrow room with 2 entrances. 2 people could sit in there with one side caded easily. A few ladders around the map would be nice too, to get up onto the tops of the buildings.

Evil
09-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Its really funny when the noobs who join the servers don't know what to do and how to get in, so they try to tag you inside the impossible cades, which is freaking hilarious.

Pl@YwithM3
10-19-2011, 10:23 AM
*bump*

this map is still being Pl@Yed and STILL being exploited... recommending we remove until the bugs are fixed..

Ryukatti
10-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Haha yeah I agree with some of the messed up graphics and falling exploit. And some of the spots inside the building are pretty cheap ... although I'm only saying this for zombies. As a human, ITS ALL GOOD. Cept the cheap exploits lol

Sh4dows
10-21-2011, 01:24 AM
New guy here, I hate this map but it always seems to be on all the time every day. I hear a lot of complaining about it but still its on rotation so I started fixing it earlier today, the first thing I fixed was the box around the map which fixes the falling forever glitch. I also fixed the hole in the ground and removed the 3d skybox that doesn't work. And I took 1 vending machine out of each of the 2 problem areas and I opened that area up a bit by removing one of the chambers and spaced a few things out better. Next is to adjust some door ways and shorten the vent up. I put clipping walls up around most of the map to keep people out and added a thing or 2 new that I don't believe mess up game play to much. I will be puting up a new thread soon for suggestions for it, I dont claim to own it but its freakin broke and I intend on fixing it to the best of my abilities. I haven't mapped in YEARS and I was never spectacular but I have the free time so....yea.

here are 2 quick images, the first shows the fixed hole in the floor and note the sky, it looks like sky. the second is the vending machine area as of now, notice how much larger the halls are and that theres only 1 machine per chamber.

Pl@YwithM3
10-26-2011, 11:16 AM
BUMP!!!!

idk how much more ppl can stress about how terribly unballenced this map is. as of now, Sh4dow is working on more "suitable" version for this map (which i think is pretty freeking awesome looking) but for the time being, i STRONGLY believe that we should remove this map from the rotation. if you wanna solid valid and obvious reason for it then pay VERY close attention,.

CT'S WIN ON THAT MAP 91.13% OF THE TIME!!! LEAVING ZOMBIES WINNING ONLY 8.87% OF THE TIME. DID YOU KNOW THAT THIS MAP IS PLACED 3RD FOR HAVING THE HIGHEST CT WIN PERCENTAGE OVER T'S!?!

for those who would like a bit more evidence; ---> click here (http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/maps.php?sort=ctwonpct&order=desc) <---

if that isnt reason enough to take it out than i dont know what is., so clan members if you would, please do take this into consideration. THANK YOU!!

BladeTwinSwords
10-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Technically it's first as the other 2 maps are no longer on our servers.

What I've actually noticed is that players will INTENTIONALLY play these maps for exactly 2 reasons.

1. They can win very easily.
2. Rank whoring.

Jiggy
10-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Technically it's first as the other 2 maps are no longer on our servers.

What I've actually noticed is that players will INTENTIONALLY play these maps for exactly 2 reasons.

1. They can win very easily.
2. Rank whoring.

which we all know who the rank whore is

Meltdown
01-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Want to ask why this map is still not removed, still over abused by rank whore's and zombies have no chance at all to win this map.

Pl@YwithM3
01-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Want to ask why this map is still not removed, still over abused by rank whore's and zombies have no chance at all to win this map.

+9999999

please remove this map

Meltdown
03-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Going to bumb this again in hope it gets removed soon.

Pl@YwithM3
03-01-2012, 11:51 AM
All the items have been reviewed and will be implemented individually between now and the end of next month.

removing little town is one of those items. patience