PDA

View Full Version : rejoining

slipstream
08-23-2011, 10:22 AM
What's the ruling on someone dying right away then rejoining really quickly to come back alive? I would assume this would warrant a short ban no? I have a demo of relliknub doing just this, and it's not the first time he has done it either, he usually does it in the morning (EST timezone) when no admins are on obviously.

Rezel
08-23-2011, 10:49 AM
I would ban for that, technically you are using an exploit to bring yourself back.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-23-2011, 11:20 AM
that shouldn't work. zspawn only works if you spawn late, but it checks to see if you have already played that round

Bane of Soldiers
08-23-2011, 12:08 PM
that shouldn't work. zspawn only works if you spawn late, but it checks to see if you have already played that round

Uhhh isn't this about gungame and not zombiemod...? o_O

acolyte_to_jippity
08-23-2011, 12:25 PM

YES IT IS

sorry. i opened several tabs and was reading alot of zm stuff, then clicked over to this tab and didn't notice it was a gg topic.

BUT I STILL STAND BY IT!! zspawn still wouldn't work, no matter the server

pwnage
08-23-2011, 12:35 PM
What's the ruling on someone dying right away then rejoining really quickly to come back alive? I would assume this would warrant a short ban no? I have a demo of relliknub doing just this, and it's not the first time he has done it either, he usually does it in the morning (EST timezone) when no admins are on obviously.
I would ban someone for maybe 10-30 minutes for this, and if they did it again I would ban for a day. Put the demo up, and if he does it again I'll ban him, just steam message me or another admin/clan member.

Penis シ
08-23-2011, 03:32 PM
That is CLEARLY stated in the rules as a bannable offense.

maynard
08-23-2011, 04:03 PM
what it warrants is a warning... if continued, you can then ban

Penis シ
08-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Truth, but on gg, the motd rules also say not to glitch/exploit.

In all honesty, I think that this should be outright nipped if somebody thinks they're sly.

But unless there is a revised ruling, I'll warn/slay/kick/ban.

maynard
08-23-2011, 04:43 PM
someone breaking the rules doesn't mean you get 2 ban them right away motd or not, a warning still needs 2 be issued, and they need 2 be told what they're doing wrong. the only time you ban people with 0 warning is when they are hacking.

most people don't read MOTD's and don't know the rules, or even have a clue they are doing something wrong most the time, hence why if we warn, there's always the possibility the person will stop doing whatever it is their doing wrong.

Penis シ
08-23-2011, 04:49 PM
As I said, I'll follow format.

Haven't issued a temp ban yet, and rarely even get to the slay part.

maynard
08-23-2011, 04:52 PM
I know.... was saying for people in general and for the person who made the thread as people not warning has started 2 become an issue....

Steamer
08-23-2011, 05:58 PM
The only time you ban people with 0 warning is when they are hacking.

This needs to be put in bold right at the top of TOS... -_- TOS is also hard to find... I always go to Admin Help to read it, when it is really in Admin Abuse section...

Yesterday I watched someone get banned for 2 weeks with little warning. Worse part is it was the dudes first ban.

Also rejoining very fast does sometimes let you come back alive and well(In GG).

slipstream
08-24-2011, 02:07 AM
relliks been playing on the server long enough to know better, he knows the rules. i remember the first time he did this, then i even seen another person doing it while on nade level, so they get 2 nades, rush in nade, die, rejoin and throw 2nd nade.

anyway demo
This is the Demo (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QGCBS9TW)
I am the one to kill him, then he rejoins, and then sharpie kills him a bit later. Only 4min long total, but the rejoining happens pretty quickly. Also notice that I even say that I'm recording. So it goes to show how much he cares about the rules.

-edit-
Changed the link to the demo, now it is red.

maynard
08-24-2011, 04:23 AM
you don't need 2 record anything as it will be a temp ban.... as ive already said... warn him... if he does it again, ban him. simple.

there is no "oh well he's been here a while so I don't need 2 warn him" situation

slipstream
08-24-2011, 06:20 AM
He does this a lot, and I am pretty sure he has been warned before about this, quite a while back, like more than a year ago. So you can imagine how often he really does this.

maynard
08-24-2011, 11:35 AM
I could careless what he was warned about a year ago. if you want 2 ban him, warn him first, this is not optional.

closed as your question has been answered several times over now.